[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SilencerCo rep openly against HPA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 277
Thread images: 35

Just got home from a local gun exhibition featuring a rep from SilencerCo. While waiting to shoot the Maxim 9 I inquired about the companies stance on tge HPA jokingly asking if they were "Hopeful or realistic about its chances"
The response I got was suprising, the rep informed me that he not only believes it will fail, but that he HOPES it won't pass. His reasoning was that if it passes suppressors will be too widely available and will become commonly used in crime, prompting a government crackdown that will put SilencerCo out of business.
He also stated that the NFA is a good system (with the exception of long wait times) and it's important to keep suppressors out of the hands of people not willing to do the paperwork and pay the fees.

Discuss
>>
>>34295694
>His reasoning was that if it passes suppressors will be too widely available and will become commonly used in crime, prompting a government crackdown that will put SilencerCo out of business.

Assuming this is all credible, it's not like he isn't being prudently cautious.
>>
>>34295694
>not willing to do the paperwork and pay the fees
Fees
Keeping their little marketshare all to themselves
Isn't this why everybody's tits are in a twist over Springfield?
>>
Source or it didn't happen. This is not what their stance was when they met with Donald Trump Jr last year.
>>
>>34295694
We can't give up every freedom we have because of black inner-city criminal gangs OP.
>>
so what you're telling me is that the company who pushes the hpa is against the hpa

gee that makes total sense
>>
File: 1496505506892.jpg (17KB, 240x260px) Image search: [Google]
1496505506892.jpg
17KB, 240x260px
>>34295694
>His reasoning was that if it passes suppressors will be too widely available and will become commonly used in crime

>hipoint barrels are threaded
>>
>>34295707
Absolutely, and while I don't particularly hold that line of thinking against him he flat out said the NFA system is important and and well written with the ONLY exception being the long waiting period for approval.
He also argued that people not willing or able to go through the process should not own them.

>>34295722
>>34295743
>>34295725

This was one rep making a statement at an exhibition, not an official company stance. He was speaking personally.
>>
>>34295764
not like we can buy them in california anyway but he just collectively shit on all the gun owners of this state
>>
>>34295694
Also, the suppressor they had out for the Glock was causing failures to go into battery every single shot (rep claimed it was due to shooters holding the trigger to the rear) and then finally sheared the welds holding the end cap on causing it to fly a few feet down range.

Rep claimed it was a two year old suppressor with tens of thousands of rounds through it and pointed out that it would be a two week turnaround time for repair if a customer experienced the same failure.
The can was certainly well used and I see no reason to doubt the round count, but it was interesting.

>>34295802
The other attendee who was talking to him was pretty pissed and pointed out that criminals will get the tools they need no matter what, rep countered by stating that in the past 20 years only two crimes were committed with suppressors and that is evidence if how well the NFA keeps them out of the habdhands of criminals.
>>
>>34295863
> Suppressors deregulated
> Demand for cans explodes
> Silencer co makes more money

???
>>
>>34295902
Not more money per unit
Margin goes WAY down
How many threaded barrels are out there?
>>
>>34295902
Again, he was making a comment on his personal stance on the issue, not an official company statement.
He is a fucking moron for doing it at work while representing his company to the public though.
>>
>>34295935
200 dollars is already going to the man creating a dead weight loss.
A 200 dollar decrease per unit of product would eliminate the DWL all together. I'd expect to see the popularity of threaded barrels increase as well
>>
>>34295694

I don't believe stories from an anonymous image board, sorry anon.
>>
>>34295863
Criminals don't want or need suppressors. They're incredibly bulky and don't reduce noise levels by nearly as much as people think. Violent crime isn't perpetrated by super sekrit assassins with snipuh raffles. It's done by people shoving a concealable weapon down their pants and getting out of dodge as fast as possible.
>>
>>34295958
Clarify please: Are you saying if the $200 tax stamp goes away, suppressors can be $200 cheaper?
>>
Here's some facts

1. Niggers are responsible for the majority of violent crime - especially "gun violence"
2. Niggers use Saturday night specials because they'd rather blow their money on weed and want to ditch the gun in the river. They won't even buy good handguns might as less suppressors.
>>
>>34295863
that's only because some jamal hasn't taken it upon himself to pump out homemade suppressors for whatever reason
>>
>>34295978
>>34295980
This

As for me, I want suppressors because the most likely time I'll have to fire without hearing protection is a break in.
>>
>>34295986
>>that's only because some jamal hasn't taken it upon himself to pump out homemade suppressors for whatever reason
If Jamal wasn't adverse to work, he wouldn't need to commit crime.
>>
>>34295694
Honestly he's right. The NFA has done a fantastic job at preventing crime with NFA weapons. The biggest joke about gun control is that it actually does work.
>>
>>34295980
This
>>
>>34295979
A 200 dollar tax stamp is placed on the purchase of every single sound suppressor.
(Government intervention in a market whether it be a subsidy or a tax always creates dead weight loss, or inefficiency)
Simply put, it's a $200 stamp + the cost of the suppressor. Because demand is constrained by the $200 dollar tax stamp firms they have a higher operating cost. If there was an increase in quantity demanded prices would decrease for both consumers and producers.
>>
>>34295935
>How many threaded barrels are out there?
SCo makes threaded barrels, so demand for several of their products would skyrocket.

Also, on the topic of the Maxim 9

>Fantastic grip, the ergonomics were spot on for my hands, YMMV as the finger grooves may not fit you

>Sights were easy to acquire, pistol lifted right into my vision, sight radius made shooting a 24" plate at 100yds easy

>Felt recoil was almost non existent, I was very impressed by how smooth it shot

>The gun did pinch my thumb but it's my fault for trying to get a CZ high grip

>The trigger was absolutely awful, felt like a safety was on and I was about to break the trigger then suddenly it would give and the gun would fire, trigger had at least two distinct 'walls' and required conscious effort to pull.

>Balance was excellent and I found myself asking to pick it up several times just to manipulate it.

>>34295863
To expand on the suppressor making the Glock malfunction, I'm pretty sure the Nelson Device was dirty as shit and not working properly. It was caked in thick hard carbon when the rep dissasembled it after the end cap broke off.

>>34295965
Totally understand, I'm not a youtuber or asshole, otherwise I'd have videotaped the conversation.
>>
>>34295980
casual racism is a little over the top, and your points will be taken more seriously without it.

A large portion of guns used in crimes are stolen, especially in B/E crimes. If silencers can be bought OTC like guns, straw buying them will be huge, because even criminals can understand the benefits of a suppressed weapon.
>>
>>34296078
/facepalm
>>
>>34296001
This is accurate. If suppressors are legalized en masse then crime with them WILL increase exponentially. Right now they're a tightly regulated item.
>>
File: FTN-M3.png (62KB, 464x450px) Image search: [Google]
FTN-M3.png
62KB, 464x450px
>>34295707
This would only be bad for 22 suppressors

No criminal is going to spend a bunch of cash on a suppressor for anything else.

They just need to keep their prices high
>>
>>34296088
SiCo threaded barrel are awful though
KKM or blacklist only pls
>>
>>34296111
What did I say anything particularly embarrassing?
>>
>>34295694
LOL. What a shit thread.

"We don't want to exponentially increase our sales"
>>
>>34296142
>suppressors legalized
>sales increase rapidly, then quickly taper off
>suppressor use in crime skyrockets, one is eventually used in a mass killing
>suppressors now deemed too problematic, banned altogether
>silencerco out of business

VS

>things stay the same
>silencerco continues making money ad infinitum
>>
>>34296121
>SiCo threaded barrel are awful though

I have one on my G17, I love it. It lets me shoot Wolf because it's standard rifling.
>>
>>34296158
This was the argument the rep initially made. Then he started defending the NFA and saying stupid shit.
>>
>>34296142
wasnt one of the silencer companies bitching about the fact sales significantly dropped due to the announcement of the hpa?
people didnt want to buy now wihen they could just wait
>>
>openly against the one thing that can actually ensure the success of his business.
>>
>>34295694
>they will be used in crime
Just like those high cap mags and AR-15s.
I work at a gun store, the people most likely to be criminals don't even know what caliber ammo to buy or what mags their gun uses. I highly doubt they are gonna know what suppressor they should buy.
Also isn't there a stat that says only like 8% of all guns used in a crime are purchased legally?
Criminals already don't do paperwork for the gun, why would they do it for a steel fleshlight?
>>
>>34296189
The NFA has actually been the best argument for strict gun control ever made, leftists are just too dumb to realize it. It's a decades-long longitudinal study in gun control, complete with a study control group, and definitively proves that gun control works.
>>
>>34296158
more like barely make any money and go out of business in a few years. because only rich fags with more money than sense will buy an integrally suppressed pistol and play the NFA game. so most people will get a 9mm suppressor that can work on lots of firearms.
>>
>>34296223
the suppressed pistol is hardly silencerco's only offering, and they've done just fine without it for quite a long time.
>>
>>34296158

You're an idiot.

There's only 3 ways to make profit:

Increase profit
Increase volume
Decrease payroll/overhead

If a business isn't growing it's dead
>>
>>34296202
Rep pointed out that if suppressors are not difficult to get legally treacherous items the average gun owner will be more casual with storage and they will be more likely to be stolen.

>Th following is personal conjecture, but it seems like he was trying to say only people that will go through the NFA process are responsible enough to own suppressors. Fuck your constitution you're all bubba joe retard redneck and don't deserve his fine products
Again, that may just be me being salty, but it seemed to be his attitude
>>
>>34296201
They're afraid of getting rekt by Cerberus Group

As soon as HPA goes through you'll see $200 cans from Remington and they'll be just like any other commodity

SiCo only exists because it's a niche product that elitists are willing to pay a lot more than they normally would for status purposes.
>>
>>34296266
They've been growing rapidly for a long time regardless of existing legislation. This is one of many such articles, there are others for other years also.

https://www.streetinsider.com/Press+Releases/SilencerCo+Makes+2015+Inc.+5000+Fastest-Growing+Companies+List/10866906.html
>>
>>34296212
Can you demonstrate that the NFA has actually reduced violent crime, or has it just led to violent crime being perpetrated with different firearms?
>>
>>34296112
Multiple zero by itself, genius. Also, nigs are gonna start shelling out for gucci handguns to rob the corner store or shoot up a drug deal?
>>
>>34296158
>suppressor use in crime skyrockets
Yeah, it'll be used in three crimes a year versus zero.
Let's be honest here, Jamal isn't going to shell out a couple hundred bucks for a threaded barrel for his hi point plus another couple hundred for a can just to shoot Tyrone. If he was going to do that, he would have already done it by buying a threaded barrel and nigger rigging an oil filter or something on the end of it.

No, he's going to buy a stolen hi point or glock or something from Tyreesus and then toss it
>>
>>34296305
The NFA has proven statistically that crime is reduced with the firearms covered by the act, which is all it was ever intended to do. Crimes with weapons covered by the NFA are a tiny fraction of crimes committed with "all" firearms.

Gun control in general is not "violent crime reduction" or it would be worded as such - it exists simply as measures designed to reduce crimes committed with certain types of firearms as written into whatever legislation is created.

Gun control simply reduces gun crime.
>>
>>34296001
>>34296112
>b-but more guns means more gun crimes!
Gee, who would have thought? More Mc Donalds=More Fat people dying from heart attacks too, should that also be illegal? Turncoat ATF agents plz go
>>
>>34296319
If you were a criminal who is already OK with using guns for a crime and now are given the capability to make the gunshot much more indistinguishable for $500-600 (assuming a price drop post-ban) you'd do it. Suppressors can't be "hot" like guns used in crime because there is no such thing as ballistics for them, so they could be used or resold easily.
>>
>>34295694
Also, got to shoot a Mk17 Mod.0, a Mk16 Mod.0, full auto 10.5" "Mk18" (what the FN-USA rep called it not me), and a full auto P90.

The P90 was underwhelming, looked and felt like a cast hunk of metal on an airsoft gun body. Was still fun as shit to shoot though.
>>
>>34296365
If your goal was reducing the number of obesity-related heart attacks then yes, banning fast food like McDonalds would have a statistically relevant effect.
>>
>>34296397
If people are stupid enough to eat that shit to the point of being morbidly obese it's their own goddamn fault.
>>
>but if you legalized silencers then criminals would get them!!
you do realize silencers are piss easy to make? it's a metal tube with some baffles inside. some are literally rubber discs in a stack. you can use oil cans to the same effect - see the recent Hickok45 vid about oil filter suppressors. if criminals wanted to use suppressed firearms it would be stupid simple to do so.
>>
>>34296397
He's questioning the legitimacy of the goals you nimwit.
>>
>>34296413
the difference between McDonald's and guns is that the retard who eats too much is only killing himself.
>>
>>34296381
Or I'd blow the money on strippers because I don't know shit about suppressors or how to use one, and hi points don't have threaded barrels so I'd have to start buying much more expensive guns to throw away after a shooting.
>>
>>34296381
Ballistics doesn't work like CSI:cunt snuffer told you it does.
And no, they won't shell out more money because they already don't. They are already buying the cheapest guns they can, no criminal is going to increase his cost by $600 for a slightly less loud kill and then throw away the suppressor like he does the gun.
Everyone knows nobody saw anything or heard anything.
>>
>>34296353
Following your logic another conclusion is that black Americans are less inclined, for a variety of reasons, to legally acquire NFA items therefore NFA items are less used in crime. NFA is proof that keeping guns away from niggers reduces crime.
>>
>>34296424
This.
Also, it might actually make it easier to catch repeat murderers, since (unless threaded barrels become ubiquitous enough to be commonly stolen) Tyreesuspeesus is a hell of a lot more likely to hold onto the gun he's already dropped a couple hundred dollars into plus the cost of a suppressor than he is that Jennings of whatever he picked up for a hundred bucks.
>>
>>34296460
As long as you ignore the random social media posts of redguards holding sawed offs.
>>
>>34296460
If you can find any evidence of that aside from mere correlational data which is scientifically useless, then I'd love to read it.
>>
>>34296487
I'm pointing out his argument is flawed. Correlation is not causation.
>>
>>34296489
pot meet kettle.
>>
>>34295694
He's right. You kids want your toys and that's fine but we need to solve the problem of being infested with third world savages first. Decrease the potential crime rate before you hand out more tools for them to commit crimes.
>>
>>34296433
Mao took the guns
Staling took the guns
Hitler took the guns
What does that make you, just another concerned citizen? Today it's guns, tomorrow it's knives, then large vehicles, soon we'll all be driving government approved smart cars, and you pussies will still find something to bitch about. You authoritarians can go fuck yourselves, stop trying to ruin this country.
>>
File: NegroControl.jpg (60KB, 640x624px) Image search: [Google]
NegroControl.jpg
60KB, 640x624px
>>34296516
>>
>>34296504
The NFA was designed to make certain firearms difficult to obtain in order to reduce crime with them, which it has successfully accomplished.

Your making the assertion that it has simply reduced crime levels of a certain race with those firearms ignores the overall reduction in crime with NFA weapons. That sort of casual racism is not only completely irrelevant to the conversation, but also makes you look very uneducated on the topic.
>>
>>34295979
A suppressor is literally 50 dollars worth of steel. SilencerCo can fuck off and die for extorting gunbuyers. If the HPA passes you would be able to manufacture your own suppressors.
>>
>>34296543
American wasn't awash in 300million+ machine guns and suppressors when the NFA was enacted. Trying to argue this is proof that banning all guns would have a similar effect at this point in history is retarded.

The genie is out of the bottle.
>>
>m-muh criem!
>>
>>His reasoning was that if it passes suppressors will be too widely available and will become commonly used in crime, prompting a government crackdown that will put SilencerCo out of business.

Bill Ruger had the same idea when he supported the California Safe Handgun Act. Now only Ruger and Glock can commercially sell their products in CA to civilians.

All gun control is bad, you cannot argue or compromise with abolitionists.
>>
>>
>>34296571

>abolitionists

*prohibitionists
>>
File: taxes.png (336KB, 480x478px) Image search: [Google]
taxes.png
336KB, 480x478px
>>34296547
You can make your own suppressors now. Plenty of vids on youtube and other sites out there. Just pay uncle sugar to be legal....
>>
>>34295694
>HPA passes
>Suppressors become unregulated
>Demand increases
>Market becomes saturated
>Prices drop
>SilencerCo's product becomes irrelevant
>Have to cut the prices on the units they do sell

Of course he's against it.
>>
>>34296563
It would at the very least keep levels static or reduce them, just as the NFA did with those weapons in 1934.
>>
File: Patriot-Mag-Release.gif (4MB, 352x200px) Image search: [Google]
Patriot-Mag-Release.gif
4MB, 352x200px
>>34296571
This, enjoy your featureless rifles you cucks, it's the future you're choosing by defending gun control
>>
>>34296621

Gun control "working"....

https://archive.fo/NO7D8
>>
>>34295694
So the real question is, does SiCo know their rep is saying this shit to potential customers at industry events?
>>
>>34296353
Then it's not an argument in favour of gun control. If it doesn't reduce violent crime, then what's the point? Does it make you feel better that someone was killed with a nice friendly looking Saturday night special instead of a scary SBR or machine pistol? You're just as fucking dead, the only difference being that law abiding citizens are restricted from something with nothing at all to show for it.
>>
>>34296602
>SilencerCo, a company with pre-existing infrastructure to take advantage of the high demand HPA causes for their specialty products
>and a sterling reputation
>failing to startups
they'd deserve it if they fucked up that opportunity
>>
>>34296682
The problem doesn't lie in the company, but the men who run it. Most can't see past the fact that they will have to sell their product for less. They can't understand that even though they make less per unit, that they will sell many more units, and make more money at the end of the day.
>>
>>34296682
HPA was a SiCo marketing piece
>>
>>34296638
That is a largely irrelevant comparison for a large variety of factors, including but not limited to the 2nd Amendment (and supporters), existing gun culture in the US, the US' propensity for and adoration of gratuitous violence in culture, largely focused around guns, shooting clubs and ranges, etc.

That being said, the article and the majority of statistics focus on "violent crime" and "armed robbery" without specification as to whether a firearm was used. Gun control simply reduces gun crime - the resulting change in generic violent crime rates is irrelevant to this discussion.
>>
>>34296681
We're not talking about violent crime - we're specifically looking at gun crime, which is statistically reduced by gun control.
>>
>>34296094
>casual racism

Do you even know where you are?
>>
File: iwasanormiebeforeitwascool.jpg (264KB, 1280x1190px) Image search: [Google]
iwasanormiebeforeitwascool.jpg
264KB, 1280x1190px
>>34296705
Gun control reduces gun crime
FTFY
>>34296705
Your discussion is irrelevant to the well being of the citizens of this great country
>>
File: compromise_v21.jpg (260KB, 600x2560px) Image search: [Google]
compromise_v21.jpg
260KB, 600x2560px
>>34296718
YOU'RE talking about gun crime in an attempt to appear smart but you're just another deluded asshole who supports the state over the people. I'M saying I don't want to be beaten to death with a club or stabbed without the ability to shoot that fucking asshole first.

I WANT ALL MY CAKE BACK SO GO FUCK YOURSELF.
>>
>>34296742
I'm sure you can tell me.
>>
File: FO.jpg (54KB, 600x431px) Image search: [Google]
FO.jpg
54KB, 600x431px
>>34296758
>>
>>34296718
>silver car control works, if you ban silver cars then less people die from crashes involving silver cars!

This is your argument, really. If crime rates don't change then the law isn't working. Homicide is still homicide whether you're stabbed, beaten, shot or run over.
>>
File: 1497633861311.jpg (506KB, 2199x1258px) Image search: [Google]
1497633861311.jpg
506KB, 2199x1258px
>>
>>34296775
He's playing a game. He has to disarm us before he can get away with implementing his progressive socialist fucking death camp agenda. he doesn't realize he will be the first one against the wall if he gets what he wants.
>>
ITT: Hitlers, Maos, and Stalins
>>
File: 1497647779326.jpg (201KB, 757x784px) Image search: [Google]
1497647779326.jpg
201KB, 757x784px
>>34296758
>>
File: 1475641770137.gif (1MB, 275x200px) Image search: [Google]
1475641770137.gif
1MB, 275x200px
>>34295737
>can't
>>
>>34296745
Yes, gun control reduces gun crime. Thank you.
This discussion is relevant in its relation to the potential legalization of suppressors and the resulting effect that legalizing them will have on your rights.

>>34296750
I'm not trying to appear smart nor do I support banning anything - you have to see the bigger picture here. RIGHT NOW you can legally own suppressors, albeit with a tax stamp and some hoops. If they are legalized, one WILL likely be used in a mass shooting crime at some point in the next few years, which will give anti-2nd Amendment politicians that last little bit of push they need to ban a lot more than just suppressors.

Look at the big picture here.
>>
File: 1497683342083.png (117KB, 1531x841px) Image search: [Google]
1497683342083.png
117KB, 1531x841px
>>34296758

One more for you snowflake.
>>
>>34296682
The problem is that every single manufacturer will start making them. HPA passes, and we'll see decent tier 99 to 199 dollar cans. SC is a boutique company at best in that kind of market.
>>
>>34296718
>gun crime is reduced by gun control
no it's not retard, places like California and New York have stupid high murder rates as well as the toughest gun laws in the country.
>>
File: bfytw.jpg (61KB, 254x407px) Image search: [Google]
bfytw.jpg
61KB, 254x407px
>>34296838
>Look at the big picture here

The big picture is fuck you I want all my cake back.
>>
>>34296822
Left only became right after a dumb white racist murdered MLK
>>34296838
Yes, this discussion is relevant to you supporting people having less rights to reduce crime, you're an authoritarian. Stop shitting on my founding fathers, read the constitution.
>>
>>34296807
>>34296821
I don't think the guy arguing for the NFA wants to disarm everyone and install a dictatorship. The vast majority of people who support gun control actually just want to reduce crime. They just don't understand that it won't work and isn't worth the cost.

This whole "every gun control supporter is an illuminati communist Zionist conspiracy shill" thing just serves to make gun rights supporters look like unhinged nutcases instead of normal people who want to be able to defend themselves.
>>
>>34296850
Great response, write your congressman, I'm sure he'll appreciate that valuable input.
>>
File: 1478025699762.jpg (73KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
1478025699762.jpg
73KB, 500x628px
>>34296838
If the extent of my rights are determined by criminals and the insane they are not rights.
>>
File: JustToddlerThings.jpg (207KB, 600x396px) Image search: [Google]
JustToddlerThings.jpg
207KB, 600x396px
>>34296865
Lawls you still think we are gonna legislate our way out of this. You're cute.
>>
>>34296867
You and I and everyone else here knows that "rights" don't exist to any degree anymore. If you're smart though, you'll do what you can to preserve anything you have left.
>>
>>34296276
ackchtually the materials used in their construction are quite pricey on their own.

Inconel/Titanium billets and tubing, tig welded together.

it's like buying a $100 carbide end-mill, you can sell it as scrap for $25
>>
>>34296863
Gun control isn't a conspiracy, it's a constant battle to take your guns away, like the Federal Assault Weapons ban
>>34296867
Defend yourself with your guns until the police arrive, problem solved nanny stater
>>
>>34296882
I have the same rights as the day the bill of rights was signed. No document grants me these rights. They exist independent of the government. Someone will have to lock me up or kill me to stop me from exercising my inalienable rights.

It takes chains of steel to control a free man. A slave can be controlled with a word.
>>
>>34296884
you can make anything from inconel with laser sintering.

SpaceX makes rockets for the Dragon using this meathod. prints the entire damn rocket motor in the same operation.
>>
>>34296876
Yes, legislation is all that's going to happen. We all need to ensure that it's legislation that preserves what's left of our constitutional rights as best we can, though, and not support things that will wreck them even more.

Mark my words now, if the HPA passes in the next 8 years you WILL see a new and comprehensive "assault weapon" ban/legislation on a national level, directly as a result of legal suppressors in the form of suppressor-related crime.
>>
>>34296907
Then you will find yourself in prison very quickly depending on how you personally choose to exercise your rights if they in any way contradict existing law, and you know this.
>>
File: Naw.jpg (91KB, 445x827px) Image search: [Google]
Naw.jpg
91KB, 445x827px
>>34296933

Yeah because they totally passed a shitload of gun control when dems controlled both houses and the presidency...you're bait is weak. Thank you come again!
>>
File: REEEEEEEE.jpg (362KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEE.jpg
362KB, 1920x1080px
>>34296945
If you love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
>>
>>34296957
A bunch of executive orders, you're right!
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-signs-bill-revoking-obama-era-gun-checks-people-mental-n727221
>>
>>34296957
Very funny that you mention that - the last time the Dems had a supermajority in both houses and the presidency was 1935, the year after the NFA passed.
>>
>>34296595
Not in the people's republic of WA. And you still have to wait your arbitrary year when filing for your 200 dollar extortion stamp.
>>
>>34296973
Is that the speech you plan to read at your bail hearing?
>>
>>34296990
No, probably his funeral. How about yours?
>>
>>34296975
Lawls nice try. They kind of shit you're talking about isn't possible to be enacted by an EO.

I don't understand the cognitive dissonance with you big state people. Are you blind to all of history? Fuck just look at venezuela. Communism/socialism/state monopoly on violence whatever you want to call it has never and can never work. You will have to kill half this country to get your way. Best of luck to you.
>>
>>34296975
if i was president. I would have told the ATF

>everything has a sporting purpose
>repeal all the import bans by EO
>clear the russia firearm and ammo santions, apply some different sanctions to russia to compensate.
>any gun can come in if it comes in through Canada. crates of SVT40s? Canadian guns as long as they have papers saying they have been in canada for a day.
>then I would have told pro gun lawyers/groups to sue the fuck out of the federal government to get rid of gun controls laws. i'll do my part by having the federal lawyers defending the laws, throw the case as much as possible. increasing odds the judges will rule pro gun.
>>
File: AR works like a boss.jpg (138KB, 1279x718px) Image search: [Google]
AR works like a boss.jpg
138KB, 1279x718px
>>34296997
Were you not around for the whole 2012 debacle?

Democrats tried pretty hard to fuck over 300+ million Americans with their "gun control", as well as untold future generations.

Dianne fucking Feinstein is a Democrat.
>>
>>34297011
If I was president I'd dissolve the ATF, you can keep lickin boots though bud. I'd also repeal all laws infringing on the 2nd Amendment, then I'd deport all niggers, spics, jews, and muslims.
>>
>>34297022
Feinstein's husband is supposedly going to get a billion dollar government contract this year.
>>
>>34295986
>For some reason blacks arn't exhibiting agency

Real head scratcher
>>
The reason the idea that criminal use of silencers will explode is that silencers do one thing to the gun that criminals hate: make it longer and harder to conceal. Criminal use of long arms is already very low (in the hundreds), versus the thousands of uses of pistols. If you add the length of a suppressor onto something like a Glock, its like making the gun twice as long. That isn't something Jamal can stick into his waistband. So just like most criminals don't run around with pistol caliber carbines, or rifle caliber "pistols", due to size reasons, they won't run around with silenced weapons.
>>
>>34295694
He doesn't like it because it will hurt his business. Simple as that all. All that stuff about crime and government crack downs is bullshit
>>
>>34297036
you need congress to dissolve the ATF. then you need congress to get rid of all the laws they enforce through regulations. otherwise some other Alphabet Soup Agency will just become the new ATF.

keep it to things you can try and do by executive fiat.
>>
>>34297037
That's nothing new, he has been getting contracts for as long as she has been a senator.
>>
File: TJDaMan.jpg (217KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
TJDaMan.jpg
217KB, 1920x1200px
>>34296993
>>
>>34296094
>the benefits of a suppressed weapon.
Criminals already do not wear ear protection. Silencers do not make guns whisper quiet. A gunshot without a suppressor is about as loud as a jackhammer. With a suppressor, its about as loud as an ambulance siren.

Silencers DO make the gun much less concealable.

Silencers are not effective for crime. Even if they were cheap and easy to get, criminals would not use them. And the few who did would not gain anything from it.

Tell me, if silencers are so good for crime, why weren't they constantly used before the NFA in 1934?
>>
>>34297043
>The reason the idea that criminal use of silencers will explode

I accidentally I word. I meant to say the reason it is wrong.
>>
>>34296623
Is that seriously how you have to drop your mag in CA?
>>
>>34297067
Suppressors are also likely to induce a malfunction or spit gas into their eyes.

Or just make them completely miss the target because they had a baffle strike on their $20 walmart .22 suppressor.
>>
>>34296381

You are assuming niggers plan shit.
They won't invest 600 on a silencer to rob a corner store with maybe 500 bucks in it.

Goes more like:
>Yo nigga let's go pick dat liquor store off da neighbor Hood. Was in der wif ma bitch and dat cashbox was lookin hella think common Man we gotta roll!
>>
>>34297075
Your 10 round magazines, yes. Even bullet buttons aren't CA legal anymore lol
>>
>>34296001
>>34296112
what about other countries that don't restrict them whatsoever?
there is no great surge of suppressor wielding ninjas in these places.
shill.
>>
>>34297067
They DO significantly quiet a firearm, especially with subsonic ammo. They make the report of a firearm less distinct and difficult to pinpoint. Modern materials make them lighter and smaller and easier to use than Maxim's design.
>>
>>34295694
>I was told that

Fuck off liar
>>
>>34297100
they might buy one from jamar the non-convict if they think it will make them look cooler.

being a complete detriment to performance probably won't enter their mind.
>>
File: 1496837164441.jpg (23KB, 326x261px) Image search: [Google]
1496837164441.jpg
23KB, 326x261px
>responding to this unsourced bait thread

yall are worse than a ladies sewing circle
>>
>>34297116
if you want it to actually be quiet you're limited to pistol caliber ballistics though

even .300blk is pistol-caliber shit in the sub-sonic variety
>>
>>34297050
The idea that federal prosecuters would "throw" cases is as much a pipe dream as anything I suggested.
>>
>>34295802
Gun owners in a california are a non issue
>>
>>34297130
More like responding to the ATF deep state shills within the thread
>>
>>34297116
>They make the report of a firearm less distinct and difficult to pinpoint.

from an extremely long distance, according to the US military

we also aren't plagued by a hoarde of extreme long range ninja snipers
>>
>>34295694

End of the day, this is the U.S., so legalizing suppressors here would absolutely result in them being used in a ton of crimes, unlike say in Norway (Or one of those Scandinavian countries, where you can buy them without licenses).

It's hard to say if that would lead to a successful crackdown federally, but it definitely would in a number of states, and depending on how the political landscape changes in the next few years, it could end up becoming a federal crackdown.

Hard to say. It's always possible that someone would try to crack down on suppressors anyway, but I think the fact that they rarely turn up involved in crimes or on the news kind of helps keep them out of mind.
>>
>>34297116
Then why do we not see them being used?

Don't give me that "niggers are too dumb" shtick. The cartels know what they're doing. And they've got the technical know-how to make them; they make fucking drug-smuggling submarines! So clearly, they have the ability to make them, and the knowledge of how they work. Why do they not use them? Could it be that they aren't actually that good for crime?
>>
>>34297156
A bunch of Chicagoans bleating about the use of suppressors would be nothing new though.

Removing them from circulation (or trying to) would again do absolutely jack shit to end violence in Chicago.
>>
>>34297168
Could also be that the crimes they're used in more often go unsolved since using them requires more foresight than just blasting away.
>>
>>34296112
Jesus are you retarded? Suppressors are easy to make. Nothing is stopping anyone from getting a suppressor.
>>
>>34297156
>it definitely would in a number of states
Silencers are already illegal in all the anti-gun states.
>>
>>34297116
Which, unless they take the time to dispose of the body (which they won't, because gangbangers) is utterly irrelevant. Remember, we're not talking about Agent 47 assassinating the president from a mile and a half away, we're talking about Tyrone doing a drive by of Thelonius's house. I'm pretty goddamn sure that the same police work is going to lead to the same place if the gunshot can only be heard by ten neighbor's (who won't snitch) than by a hundred (who also don't talk)
>>
>>34296112
>Right now they're a tightly regulated item.
They are literally just hollow tubes.
>>
>>34297116
niggers already have a hard time matching ammo to the guns they stole, what makes you think they'll be smart enough to source subsonics?
>>
>>34297156
Literally just replace suppressor with gun in a gun ban country, or knives in Britbong and suddenly you see the problem with this argument. Allowing taboo to control your legislation is BAD.

So what if somebody tacks on a suppressor in a crime anyways? It's not a separate additional crime, it's the same gun. If criminals start putting cheap flashlights on their glocks should we start regulating flashlights too? I don't think so.
Suppressors need to stop being taboo
>>
>>34297204
And a FA sear is just a machined piece of metal. Do you have a point?
>>
>My email to SilencerCo

Hello, this email is a request for clarification on the official SilencerCo stance on "H.R.367 - Hearing Protection Act of 2017"

As I understand it SilencerCo has been instrumental in the expansion of public knowledge and support for H.R.367, however, a company representative spoke openly against it at a firearms exhibition that I attended this morning. Your representative went so far as to say he hopes the bill fails, as ease of access to your product will increase use in violent crime leading to serous government regulation. He further stated that he is very supportive if the National Firearms Act and the form and tax requirements for legal purchase of suppressors for the general public.
I wanted to inquire about the representatives comments on H.R.367, and if it reflected an official company stance on the bill.
>>
>>34296543
Again are you retarded? Short barrel shotguns just require a normal shotgun and a saw.
Nfa did shit you dumb leftist cuck.

And niggers are dumb.
>>
>>34297156
>there's a lot of crime here
>legalize something that isn't a weapon, its just an attachment
>crime somehow increases?

Crime is already bad in these places. Silencers will do NOTHING to make it worse. Just like all the salt weapon features, because no gangbanger wants to make their gun longer.
>>
>>34297228
your point is moot because the incompetent (criminals) won't be able to effectively use them anyway, as stated above they will be purely a detriment to performance.

there is a reason the US military doesn't give every grunt a suppressor.
>>
>>34297228
You can make them out of soda bottles and some tape. They are much easier to make than even an FA sear.
>>
>>34296381
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Literally 90% of gun crime is "lets fuck some dem grove street niggas up wit muh new glock fourty senpai". Real life isn't a Hollywood glorification, the vast majority of violent criminals are fucking retarded, high on drugs or low on withdraw from them, often mentally ill, and have basically zero impulse control. A $600 silencer makes it harder for Tyrone to slip his stolen problem solva into his wristband and thus is better spent on more crack.
>>
File: wtfno.jpg (8KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
wtfno.jpg
8KB, 240x240px
>>34297103
>>
>>34297136
you can assign the most likely to fail lawyers. you can give them no support. you can constantly mess with them. you can tell them not to try so hard. reward failure with raises and promotions. so other noob lawyers get the idea and lose gun cases.
>>
>>34297036
>fucking gun grabbers infringing on my constitutional rights
>but I'd totally infringe on other people's constitutional rights
>>
>>34297238

I know they don't make it worse, but do you honestly expect the ordinary American to approach the issue rationally?

Most of them will get the shit scared out of them by news reports about how silencers are even more evil than black rifles and are used to assassinate newborn babies or something.

I'm not trying to say they deserve to be banned or anything, I'm just saying that it would be very easy to whip up public hysteria if soccer moms found out that it was legal to buy an evil assassination silencer.
>>
>>34297249
>there is a reason the US military doesn't give every grunt a suppressor.
That reason is that small arms are not a priority for modern militaries.
>>
>>34297339
lies
>>
>>34296863
Casting 2A supporters as 'unhinged nut-cases' is just another aspect of the attempts to disarm America, and remove the martial aspect our culture has retained. Every law and compromise made involving firearms has only taken away rights, zero times has the firearms community gained anything from those agreements. The privilege of paying money to the government to buy something they already could before(NFA)? Only being allowed CCW if you bribe the right officials? (Shall-Issue)

The supreme court literally ruled in 2005 that the police have zero obligation to protect you. Why should the state have a monopoly on violence, especially if it involves your own life and limb?

>>34297116
Anyone with a Tap and die kit, some pipe from Home Depot, and an oil filter can make a suppressor. This is literally <$100 of materials, and the level of knowledge of a high school shop student. The fact silencers don't show up more in crime might speak to their limited utility.
>>34297187
IMO a silencer goes against thug mentality. They want everyone to know that Jamal and his gang went and shot up Tyrone's house, and that if Tyrone's homies come around, 'Mofo'z getting the same'. Police showing up is just incidental, it's all about fear and intimidation in that kind of world.
>>
>>34297143
gun owners in california are numerous to the point where they buy more guns than other states

it's kind of weird
>>
>>34297368
It would be a lot harder to paint you as a nutcase if you stopped acting like one. /pol/-tier conspiracy theories like the ones posted by some people in this thread are great for making you look batshit crazy to the average person. Protip: claiming that those people are in on the conspiracy counts as looking batshit crazy.
>>
>>34295935
lets look at from the other end. how many barrels WOULDNT be threaded if it went through?

besides those in commie states.
>>
>>34296094
Fuck off nigger
>>
>>34297235
The response was prompt and professional.
>>
>>34295902
>> Silencer co makes more money
not really. Right now they only have to shit out a couple of cans per year and they make good money. If cans become more availble they would actually have comepition and yes they would make more money. They would also have to work more
>>
>>34296094
found the reddit retard
>>
>>34297130
>>responding to this unsourced bait thread

not only that OP seems to have an answer from the "rep" for every question asked in the thread
>>
>>34297506
and here it is boys. Silencer co Shilling for their company

i was waiting for something like this to come up
>>
>>34296001
>t. shariablooo writing team
>>
>>34297554
>>34297573
OP here, these are fun to read, serious paranoia on this board.

>But you're not wrong to have that attitude, I don't really have any proof for you
>>
>>34296094
> Casual racism

No, its what crime statistics show. Maybe if you lefties would stop giving niggers a free pass on criminal behavior cause MUH WHITE GUILT, we could actually try to unfuck black culture.
>>
>>34295694
The NFA is unconstitutional and should be repealed immediately. There is no debate.
>>
>>34296116
no its not, blacks think they they are legally barred from owning guns just from being black.

the entire black community is chinese tier superstitious and backwards about everything. 99% of the gangbangers and thugs and criminals out there couldnt clear a fucking malfunction, never mind change a barrel.
>>
>>34297339
Why do grunts get $1400 acogs then?

>>34296094
Hey kid, want to make a cheap and easy supressor?
>Take fixed barrel firearm, preferably in .22lr/.45/anything thats sub or ban be made subsonic
>Get tube close with an ID close to the barrels ID, slightly larger to account for bullet clearance
>Drill holes in tube, make it look like swiss cheese.
>Wrap it in steel wool, tie up with wire.
>Cover with pvc pipe
>Attach newly made supressor, use dowel thta fits snug to align.

Wow, i just gave you super dangerous knowledge.
I bet youre so triggered right now.
Your possibilities are endless!! :^o
>>
>>34297693
funny. I live in Georgia, and my regular indoor range is usually full of young black gun owners. some are just renting for fun and the usual cops. though there are also a bunch of /k/ type gun hipsters and people that look like that want to get into 3 gun.
>>
>>34295694
DESU, I would be okay with the NFA if they got rid of the $200 tax and the long wait times.
>>
>>34296718
>Hypothetical city where one year 500 people die from spear attacks and 12 die from bardiche attacks.
>You implement bardiche control.
>Next year 600 people die from spear attacks and 0 die from bardiche attacks.
>>
>>34297718
I dunno dude, I've lived from as far north as NY, to Florida, and out to texas and the blacks i've grown up around were some NOPE DIS IS HOW IT BE, BECAUSE DAT IS HOW IT DO types.
>>
>>34297683
Agreed
>>
>>34295694
I'll guarantee all major suppressor manufacturers are against it, they just won't announce it because it would be bad for their image.

If HPA passes, the price of cans will tank so hard these companies will have to cut half their staff. $1000-2000 suppressors will be a thing of the past. You'll be able to get titanium and stainless suppressors for a third of what they cost now. NFA keeps the market on lockdown so they can keep their prices high.
>>
>>34297915

>$1000-2000 suppressors will be a thing of the past.

This will definitely be the case.

Imagine if they got rid of the NFA and we could make and sell new machineguns on the civilian market....
>>
>>34296547
This.
Another comparison I use is the price of Solvent Traps. Before the ATF started cracking down on them you could get very good machined titanium solvent traps for $300, plain aluminum versions for $100. You can still get stainless K baffle stacks on ebay for $120 and full titanium tubes for $200. Probably more but I just did a quick search without a ton of digging. All of these little operations that popped up selling solvent traps would simply drill a bore and sell it as a suppressor.....and they wouldn't charge a 300% markup for it. There is no reason other than increased profit to charging $800-2000 for $100 worth of machined metal.
>>
>>34297311
At the very least, the best answer we have to that is to point out that the so-much-lauded Scandinavian countries and Great Britain allow silencers without paperwork of any kind.
>>
>>34295694
>Discuss

muh exclusivity

muh profits
>>
>>34295902
with the decrease in regulation for suppressors, more companies may be getting into the market to meet the increase in demand.
>>
>>34296094
>Casual racism is a little over the top
I fucking hate normie/fudd /k/
There is a reason why gun control discussion needs to be allowed in /k/

Interesting philosophy question:
Is the state of affairs when the entirety of the approximately ~8000 annual firearm homicides are committed with suppressed firearms more morally condemnable or less morally condemnable than the state of affairs when said ~8000 homicides are committed with unsuppressed firearms?

If the number of people murdered doesn't change at all, does it really make a difference?

>>34297617
>>34297506
Hmm interesting.
>>
If you didnt call him a commie faggot you failed l.
>>
>>34296094
fuck off nigger lover
>>
>>34295694
Bullshit, he's just upset that his business is going to be less margin-intensive.

tl;dr for retards: HE LOSES MONEY IF IT PASSES
>>
>>34295694
*takes deep breath*

KEK!
>>
>>34297915
Having worked for a suppressor manufacturer (hint, not SiCo), I can confirm this. The owner has mixed feelings about the HPA from a business sense. One member of upper management though, total cuck. Agrees with gun control laws in cuck states while not owning any firearms of his own because his wife doesn't let him.
>>
>>34299328
jesus what a faggot
it should be a job requirement to own at least one firearm if you're going to work at a firearms industry company
>>
>>34295764
>He also argued that people not willing or able to go through the process should not own them.

And that is why I will never buy from them ever
>>
>>34296158
>>suppressor use in crime skyrockets, one is eventually used in a mass killing
>>suppressors now deemed too problematic, banned altogether

That is GOING to happen and already has, remember doner in CA? He has suppressors the media did not give a fuck
>>
>>34299341
The president of the company jumped on it pretty quick, this looks like one dipshit employee who opened his mouth.
>>
>>34297055
Basically the plot of House of Cards, just replace president with senator.
>>
>>34297103
>>34297075
>>34296623
it gets worse. Then again, it never DOESN'T in california. There is actually a law on the books here from old times that it is punishable by death to eat oranges in the bathtub. On the other hand, there's one that went into effect in january of 2016 that it's a criminal offense to walk with both earbuds in the ears in california. This place just fucking sucks.
>>
>>34299535
If there was one single state that deserved open rebellion it would be CA.
>>
>>34299535
there's weird as fuck laws in every state from centuries past. 100 years in the future they'll probably be looking at our laws and thinking what the fuck
>>
>>34299535
and as for that law are you sure you're not confusing that with the one that says you can't have both sides in when driving a vehicle or riding a bike?
>>
Last time I talked with one of the guys from Gemtech the effect of the HPA they are not happy with is all the people now waiting for it to pass or fail to get a suppressor instead of just getting it and potentially doing the stamp refund. Apparently that has just absolutely wrecked some smaller companies and put a big dent in the profits of some of the larger ones not getting nice juicy LE contracts to fall back on.
>>
>>34299640
happened to silencerco too and they let go of a bunch of people. they had a huge burst because of the trust requirements change and then nothing followed by people then waiting for the HPA. short term it sucks but long term it'd mean better things overall.
>>
>>34296305
>perpetrated with different firearms?
While it can be debated whether or not the NFA was a good idea, gangs would be a lot more dangerous if STEN guns were available like hi-points.
>>
>>34295694
why were you a cuck who didnt respond with "i agree, but lets be realistic, all guns should be kept out of the hands of people not willing to do the paperwork and pay the fees"
>>
File: hank johnson.jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
hank johnson.jpg
5KB, 275x183px
>>34296094
>>
>>34296682
Seriously I would be more inclined to buy the maxim 9 if hpa or share passes. They don't realize the economy of scale part here in that their product will sell more units if it's cheaper. They stand to gain from this. If they fail to see that they deserve the same death blockbuster got.
>>
>>34299375
Sauce.

I may do business with them if they stop being faggots
>>
>>34299680
no not really

>HPA passes
>Demand spikes initially, Sico has to hire back the employees they shit canned to meet demand
>demand falls hardcore as the H Y P E dies off, other manufacturers meet demand, and new entrants to the market release products
>no more NFA on cans = no SOT needed, anybody can make them and its not extremely hard to do most basic designs
>companies where suppressors are their ONLY product (like Sico) will end up with a ton of inventory and staff and slowing sales combined with having to lower prices to keep up with literally everybody and their mom throwing shit into the market

>HPA doesnt pass initially
>the retards who spewed "HURR ILL WAIT FUR DA HPA IT GOIN PASS" dig deeper into their bowl of retard flakes and continue to insist that it will pass and SOON
>by this time they could have gotten their tax stamp back but they wont admit they were wrong
>suppressor sales decline further
>companies relying solely on suppressor sales downsize even further or get bought out

>HPA doesnt pass and gets permanently shelves
>see above
>>
>>34299328
What a faggot. I want to find him because I bet he'll watch on his knees while I fuck his femdom wife while we mock his sorry emasculated ass.
>>
>>34299754
to add, its a buyers market, theres already a good number of companies offering a wide variety of suppressor options, the market is pretty packed, and with companies like KAC opening up to more distributors (KAC is now on RSR, which is a MASSIVE distributor and the one i buy from 1-6 times a day) you can get pretty much anything and the additional rebates/incentives offered by either the manufacturer or through shops like silencershop, suppressors are now more than ever readily available to consumers, yet they arent buying em

this is MURDERING suppressor companies, and yes while sales will hugely increase immediately after the HPA passes (if it does, that is) it will not be permanent, some more savvy individuals who already have suppressor collections will not want to buy into post HPA suppressors because they already have suppressors and will be more willing to wait out the lack of supply in order to purchase at a lower price point once the market has flooded to hell and back (which will happen without a doubt)

the morons who have waited for HPA will now begin to bitch and moan that they cant buy the suppressor they want, despite being told for the last 9 months that they should have bought a suppressor to begin with if they wanted it as the law taking effect would be longer than the tax stamp wait, and have more likely than not also been forewarned of the potential increased demand; they will then complain that they have to wait for the suppressor they want to be back in stock despite not complaining about waiting for the HPA to pass

if it does pass, im logging into my RSR account from home and snagging a ton of shit
>>
>>34299781
how do things work in countries where suppressors are legal? are companies just diversified and making suppressors alongside lots of other stuff?
>>
>>34296212
Ha. Hahaha!

Nigga you dumb. Criminals use sawn off shotties all the damn time. You really think Big Brother saying "that will be $200 and a 6-9 month wait to use that hacksaw on your gun" has ever stopped a determined scumbag with a gun and saw.

Grow up dipshit.
>>
File: 1496245144402.png (85KB, 310x375px) Image search: [Google]
1496245144402.png
85KB, 310x375px
>>34296094
>casual racism is a little over the top, and your points will be taken more seriously without it.
You have to go back. Lurk before you fucking post you reddit-tier moron.
>>
>>34299781
Rsr? Also up to six times a day, what are you jerking off?
>>
>>34295694
>He's this incredibly inflammatory stance that it makes no sense for this guy to make, also I have no proof but don't worry there's no way I'm just making this up for (you)s guys!
>>
>>34297396
Gun control leading to tyranny is not a conspiracy theory. It's historical fact. The list of state sponsored mass murder that is preceded by some form of arms control is legion. I wouldn't expect a statist to allow discussion of such to go unchallenged by the "omg ur a nutjob for bringing up a historically significant point" though. I understand you don't have rational counter arguments that can offset the historical evidence that state monopoly of violence is the greatest enabler of evil.
>>
>>34299844
Rsr is a whole seller who sells to dealers.
You can only buy if you're a dealer.
>>
>>34296201
they're essentially fudds
>>
>>34297708
How to end up with PVC fragments in your face, the post.
>>
>>34297745
Have you considered that maybe you just surround yourself with less than intelligent people?... Not trying to call you dumb but if the people you know are morons there is a good chance you're in the same tier.
>>
>>34295694
I don't get it.
In Norway silencers are not restricted at all.
>>
>>34296381
I think they'd favor something concealable over a pistol that's 130 dBs instead of 160 dBs now and twice as long.

Literally all the evidence is against you.
>>
>>34296527
While I'm all for fascism it has to be done with mandatory fire arm training in youth programs and either a fine for not carrying or some sort of monthly reimbursement if you can prove you carried 90% of the month
>>
>>34296516
>You kids want your toys
>toys
Get the fuck off /k/
>>
>>34296695
>hey can't understand that even though they make less per unit, that they will sell many more units, and make more money at the end of the day.
That's not their problem, their problem is that there would be a whole lot more competition because there would be less regulations and it would be easier to enter the market.
they'll have to drop prices to compete and won't gain any customers because there will be other companies sucking up all the new customers.
>>
File: Lets see who gets this.jpg (142KB, 1500x1074px) Image search: [Google]
Lets see who gets this.jpg
142KB, 1500x1074px
Good thing I only trust FRAM products to do the job.
>>
>>34297067
>Silencers do not make guns whisper quiet.
In cities they don't need to be. Cities are fucking LOUD.
>>
>>34297116
I wish criminals used subsonic ammo. Not nearly as lethal.
>>
>>34297156
>so legalizing suppressors here would absolutely result in them being used in a ton of crimes
unfounded conjecture =/= fact

You insistence on framing the argument with far reaching presumptions makes it clear you're entirely disingenuous and are just here to so disinformation. Your FUD isn't welcome here.
>>
>>34295744
>>hipoint barrels are threaded

They will be if the HPA passes
>>
>>34295979
Yes you fucking retard to the customer. How do you not get it. That's a nice $700ish suppressor but with the $200 stamp and wait time I might as well buy this other thing I wanted. Vs. That's a nice $700ish suppressor, I'll take it right now.
>>
>>34296001
Get a life bin that knife.
Weapons sweeps work you guys, cops busting into your home unannounced on the reg will be worth it if we can save just one more life.

Says the person who's probably never done anything for a cause but complain.
>>
>>34296094
> look at this retard and laugh
>>
File: lying.jpg (20KB, 467x414px) Image search: [Google]
lying.jpg
20KB, 467x414px
>>34296571
>Now only Ruger and Glock can commercially sell their products in CA to civilians
>>
>>34296682
>pre-existing infrastructure

Are you actually dumb enough to think that they'd outsell titans like ruger who would outproduce them 1000x within a year?

Silencer manufacturers are gouging the fuck out of us right now. Form 1 guys are making amazing titanium cans for like $200.
>>
>>34299346
There was also a triple homicide in Santa Barbara last year where the killer used a suppressed .22 pistol

Media did not care at all.
>>
>>34299793
It's like optics or stocks or triggers or any other accessory.

Some companies are dedicated to making them while for others it's just one of many products.
>>
>>34296212
>10 cents have been deposited into your account by the brady campaign
>>
>>34296353
You're purposely deluding yourself you sad pathetic little husk of a man if thats what you think.

Drug control works too right? The dea has got their shit on lock.
>>
>>34295737
Just say niggers
>>
>>34296353
Hey nigger, the crimes it was trying to prevent with supressors was poaching. Are you saying if niggers had silencers they'd turn to hunting and work less and become savages? Thats racist dawg. That's white privilege. Suppressors shouldn't be white privilege.
>>
>>34295694
Ya no, I don't believe you. Donald Jr had a video with SilencerCo where they supported the bill, some "rep" you might have talked to doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>34296382
Where you just shooting at paper? I feel like the fun of the p90 would be taken away by being constrained in a gun range. You want to play with the maneuverability shoot multiple reactive targets etc. It'd be worth shredding some bowling pins and ar500 targets if you could set them up on blm land and run around and shit. Must be fun as fuck in a carbine course. I could see it sucking just standing still, shooting at paper straight ahead. Them again so would most guns, that's why I bought steel for that sweet ping.
P.s. running around with it putting it through use gives you confidence in the reliablity of a weapon.

Which brings another thing to mind. How hardy is it? Most people that carry it are like secret service no? Its not like it gets carried in deserts or jungles, there's no torture/reliability tests though blowback should be solid.
Ian and karl should mudtest this bitch. The only thing we have is the carnikcon ps90 video.

> dougan ashley was ahead of our time

End blogpost.
>>
>>34296543
The percentagw of crime commited by niggers compared to other races is not insignificant. The truth hurts snowflake. The fact that you love in a dreamworld where laws stop people who break the law makes you look uneducated.
>>
>>34295694
Assuming I can get a second source on this, I'm surely not buying anything from SilencerCo then.

The NFA does nothing to prevent silencers from getting into the hands of criminals that a background check would not also do. The only difference is wait time.

The real reason he doesn't want it to pass is because it's going to force prices down into the realm of reality.
>>
Looks like Silencerco just earned themselves a triple parenthesis
>>
>>34302823
>Shredding bowling pins and ar500 targets if you could set them up on BLM land
Go fuck yourself asshole. You're the reason why shooting spots on national forest land get trashed then eventually closed down. Probably the same type of low IQ moron who leaves hundreds of empty red hulls on the ground without giving a second thought to the fact that they're going to sit there for years.
>>
>>34302860
not the same anon, but the reason crime from all races isn't committed with nfa items is because of their inherent expense, which is only a by product of regulation. If they were low-cost, and regulated they would still be available illegally. The prohibitive factor for criminals is total cost, because that cost is their "overhead", the commiting crime for profit, not beacuse it's easy or fun (hopefully, those are the fucks you need to shoot)
>>
>>34303018
That's absolute nonsense. I can make a reusable (not an oil filter) good quality suppressor for 150 in parts with no regulatory hurdle from parts easily obtainable from any auto parts store.

If what you were saying were true, they would already be in use.
>>
>>34296381
>>34296456
>>34297100
>>34297260
Remember stephie stevens had a legal CCW. The issue isn't Tyrone the street thug, it's proliferation among average nuts who snap during road rage, etc.
>>
>>34303176
>CCW holder commit crime at 0.1% the rate of the general population
>Guys, CCWs are the problem

My eyes cannot roll hard enough.
>>
>>34299334
It's a business just like any business. More often than not, the best interest of the business and the best interest of the consumer are not the same.
>>
Gosh OP I guess I'll just believe you without any proof whatsoever.
>>
File: 1467948215725.png (343KB, 640x624px) Image search: [Google]
1467948215725.png
343KB, 640x624px
>>34296094
kyspls
>>
>>34296838
Why would anyone care if some nut shoots up a place with a suppressor. People are going to find out real quick that the reports are going to be heard just the same. And honestly nothing is stopping someone right now from doing the same thing, a waiting period and passing the exact same background checks means nothing to the kinds of people who want to kill.
>>
>>34305128
Okay? I don't really care, and after talking to the company I wish I could delete the thread.
Everyone vowing to never buy a SiCo product again are idiots, even with everything I said in the OP it's just one dipshit Rep from Washington state making a retarded comment on the job, not the stance of the company.
>>
>>34305386
No one cares about your shitty little blogpost attempt at slandering a company, faggot.
>>
>>34295694
prohibition keeps prices high and ensures a healthy black market

person that profits from prohibition supports it. birds fly, water is wet, grass grows, et cetera.
>>
>>34305446
That's another good parallel. Prohibition.
What's most frustrating is that other shooters don't recognize this shit immediately.
>>
>>34296353
Yeah because niggers can't nigger-rig an oil can on the front of their glock40s.
Niggers can't saw down a shotgun or rifle
Niggers can't break the law.

GTFO
>>
>>34296001
No it doesn't. Before the NFA passed the use of fully automatic weapons and short barreled shotguns in crimes was almost zero, and the numbers did not change after its passage.

Common criminals don't like fully automatic rifles because they don't know how to handle them properly and usually end up shooting themselves or one of their buddies; they are also bulky and difficult to conceal. They don't like short barreled shotguns because they are also hard to conceal and are more difficult to handle for inexperienced shooters.

Organized crime still makes use of weapons on the NFA list at the rate they always did, which has always been rare, but way more common than the average street thug.

The NFA purely exists to keep a disparity between the average citizen, who will take time to learn to shoot properly and invest in good non-concealable equipment, and the military and police.
>>
File: animation.gif (4KB, 256x272px) Image search: [Google]
animation.gif
4KB, 256x272px
>>34295694
>His reasoning was that if it passes suppressors will be too widely available and will become commonly used in crime, prompting a government crackdown that will put SilencerCo out of business.
Silencerco has had more or less a monopoly on the suppressor business for years, so I think he's just worried that he won't have a job if the HPA passes.
>>
>>34295694
I'm openly against the HPA because it's a shit bill. What we need is a bill that removes the words silencer/suppressor from any federal legislation, not one that takes them from being Title II "firearms" to Title I "firearms".
Thread posts: 277
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.