[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AK74 Failure to extract

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: DSC_0024.jpg (815KB, 2304x1536px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0024.jpg
815KB, 2304x1536px
Hey /k/

my AK74 has had issues with failures to extract. I've been shooting Wolf polyformance 5.45x39, 69gr.

It's a real pain in the dick because these fucks don't just get stuck and need the bolt reracked, I have to take the fucking thing apart and shove a rod down the bore and hope it punches out. I'm more certain this is an ammo problem but it's happened on 7n6 too. FTEs and hang ups on the action cycling

today it got stuck and wouldn't punch out. This is the third time I've had a stuck casing like this. I've sent the gun back to the builder because this has been happening but they just punch it out themselves and tell me the chamber is fine.

So where can I find a solid brass rod that's long enough and can take a few solid strikes to get this stuck case out? And what could I do to help remedy this in the future?
>>
>>34295606
What ak ?
>>
>>34295606
Some faggot build AK and it doesn't work right there's your problem
>>
>>34295606
It doesn't need to be brass, it could be a softer steel. I don't really case as long as the fucker comes out

>>34295649
Desert Fox out of Wickenburg AZ

That's a picture of it, a standard AKS74 on a nodak spud receiver and a Bulgarian kit
>>
File: DSC_0026.jpg (899KB, 2304x1536px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0026.jpg
899KB, 2304x1536px
pls help me find the rod I need /k/
>>
>>34295606
Sounds like the builder goofed the headspacing.
>>
>>34295606
Bullets poisoned extractor.
>>
>>34295909
that's kind of what I think but I don't have any gauges to confirm this
>>
>firing but not extracting
Yup you got a lemon. Start talking to whoever built that because it's not in spec.

The headspacing is obviously out of order but that means probably everything is out of order. Sorry anon but you got a lemon.
>>
File: longunder.jpg (1MB, 3651x1298px) Image search: [Google]
longunder.jpg
1MB, 3651x1298px
>>34295666
Should have had AZEX build it.
>>
>>34296019
Fuuuuuuuck

Is there anywhere that sells some go/no-go gauges so I can get that verified?

I've owned the gun for almost three years now and the last time I had it warrantied was almost two years ago. I don't really get out enough to shoot it often

I think in the three years I've owned it, I've shot maybe 500 rounds from it

>>34296043
I may have to give them a call to see if they can help. I don't mind having to pay to get this shit figured out.
>>
>>34296066
Derek good man, tho his son recently killed himself, idk if hes taking work.
>>
>>34296101
At AZEX?

I live in Tempe so I'll give them a call and see if they can do anything, even if it's just throwing gauges in there and diagnosing the problem. Whether it's the gun or just ammo related. But it's good to know they may not be able to help
>>
>>34295606
Check your extractor first, your shit just probably isn't strong enough to grip the casings
>>
>>34296128
If not check out kilo guns.
>>
>>34296179
will do, thanks man.

I'm hoping this is just an extractor problem or something simple. If not, I hope that desert fox will accept a return three years later
>>
>>34296066
Should have bought a superior American made and milled Century; best AK possible. There's no rivets to be loose or reunions to break. The milled receiver is stiffer than a kommando watching Jerry Miculek's daughter getting tentacled. It's nitrided and has an upgraded proprietary scope mount; works good. You buy one of them bubba-garian models and you're going to get walking head space like that.
>>
>>34296321
nah mane
>>
File: IMG_0452.jpg (132KB, 681x890px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0452.jpg
132KB, 681x890px
>>34296389
Your loss; it's awesome.
It's really really awesome.
You have no idea.
>>
>>34295606
>Buys something other than a saiga
>Expects it to work properly

Again with this shit?
>>
>>34296541
I don't think it's that much to ask for
>>
>>34296321
American shit sucks you shit eating redneck
>>
>>34295606
69 gr wolf is known to be hot, that could be part of the problem. Before you start looking for a new barrel clean that chamber and find some Gt or silver bear. If it can't extract those rounds then your barrel is out of spec.
>>
>>34297395
Good to know.

I'll see if I can find some other 5.45x39 around here, probably silver bear after I pop this cartridge out. Problem is going to be finding it in bulk if this solves the problem
>>
File: cff.png (65KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
cff.png
65KB, 625x626px
>>34296321
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.