[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heat and Guns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1004.jpg (134KB, 749x763px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1004.jpg
134KB, 749x763px
Question /k/

With summer here in Phoenix we are looking at 118-120 degree weather.

I sometimes leave my carry pistol in my car if I am going into work, a bar, or some other place that I don't feel like carrying.

Is there a maximum heat that guns and especially ammo that I should be aware of?

I just grabbed my carry piece out of my car and it was too hot to even hold. Can I do damage to it by leaving it there? Will my expensive carry ammo still function 100%?

What's the max heat a gun and ammo should be exposed too? Or does it not matter?
>>
10000000000 degrees
>>
>>34295108
probably not, I live in nevada and it gets hot as balls here I leave my guns and ammo in hot temperature for hours, though I have heard that sunlight does damage after years of exposure as opposed to the heat itself. so far ive had no issues and everything goes bang.
>>
I figured with years of guns and ammo being in the sandbox that they withstand extremes. But the insides of vehicles here exceed 160 degrees. So I wasn't sure if ammo would become damaged at those temps
>>
>>34295203
Sunlight=/=heat

But op, I'd highly recommend leaving a few bullets in your vehicle as a test sample to find out. if its any consolation we were patrolling with guns in the desert, out in the sun every hour and getting filthy. Biggest thing was cleaning out magazines and ammo. I'd imagine as long as you treat your equipment right it'll treat you right.
>>
>>34295241
the sun rays are an issue not necessarily the heat, but its not good to leave your euipment in high levels of heat.
>>
When in doubt test it out. Try putting ammo in the oven or microwave at different temperatures to see when it fails.
>>
Never leave your plastic fantastic pistols in sunlight. Hopefully no one was that stupid.
>>
>question about heat
>half the comments talk about sunlight
We already know UV rays destroy everything. I was also interested in what long-term effects heat would have on ammo stored in a car.

t. Tucson
>>
>>34297775
Well how are we supposed to know where your complete lack of common sense ends?
Direct sunlight is the only thing that will make your nylon plastic guns go
>SQUISHY SQUISHY
and your ammo won't cook off unless you left a cache taped to the bottom of the BBQ.
>>
>>34297899
>deriding anyone for a lack of common sense
>you
nice try fag
>>
>>34295108

Lived in Phoenix for years and I'd be worried about anything polymer or plastic being left out, as all kinds of toys and garden furniture would just start to flake and crumble after a couple summers under the UV rays. Your car window tint may save them, but I dunno.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.