[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New rifle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: aug_m1_grn_scope_fl_r.jpg (17KB, 600x265px) Image search: [Google]
aug_m1_grn_scope_fl_r.jpg
17KB, 600x265px
Ok in a few months I'm going to be coming into some money (~$7500) and I'm looking at picking up a weapon.

Now this will be a first firearm for be being British and now living in the USA. I have had the opportunity to both shoot in the UK and the USA so I'm not completely green. But what should I get.

I liked the L85 and the way it handled and I have been looking at the AUG because the MADE seems to never want to come out.

But what would you guys suggest? I'm looking at a pistol and a rifle.
>>
>>34293096
>$7500
fund my sex change operation and you won't regret it anon
>>
>>34293139
As long as I get to fuck your dragon pussy once it's done.
>>
>>34293096

Well, for one, L85s aren't available to the civilian public here in the States.

The AUG is nice, but the Tavor is also considerable if you're dead set on a bullpup.

If this is your first gun though, I'd recommend an entry level AR or AK as it's more expendable if you don't end up liking it, put a lot of wear into it or fuck it up somehow. Better than dumping ~$1800 on an AUG that you may or may not like in the long run. There's more to learn about owning and operating firearms than a few past range trips will teach you.

Also don't fall for the .22 meme. First gun owners get them all the time, but I feel like it's a waste of time because you're not actually learning anything about recoil.

As far as pistols go, if it's just something for general learning, I'd go with a full size Glock 17/19 or Beretta 92fs. If you're considering concealed carry, there are some good compact options from Glock, Springfield, or Smith & Wesson.

tl;dr It's inadvisable to go gucci on your first kick-around gun, but if that's what's in your head, the AUG isn't a bad rifle.
>>
>>34293216
Yeah honestly I've been looking at the 19, I am considering getting the 226 at some point but not as a first pistol.

I first learnt to shoot with 5.56 so I don't see the need to get a .22 as I don't plan on shooting small game.

I'll look into an AR, I know you can pick up a cheap one for a few hundred though I'll still likely get the AUG at some point (as long as the MDR or F90 don't come out sooner)
>>
>>34293096
Don't really have a gun suggestion because I'm midday drinking, but realize that if you come into any money you'll also be taxed on it next year. More money, more tax. Make sure to set a decent amount aside.
>>
>>34295039
Because it's a military bonus I believe half of it's taxed the rest is untouched.
>>
If you want an AUG, I would wait for the F90 Atrax.
>>
>I liked the L85

I got a chance to handle one in trashcanistan. Kill yourself and please get the fuck out of my country.
>>
>>34295383
I mean I won't be getting it for roughly six months, so by then the MDR will still be being pushed back. Hopefully the F90 will have been out and tested so I can get an idea as to whether or not it's worth it, but it certainly looks promising.
>>
>>34295395
It's ok once you get used to all it's little quirks, especially the newer ones. And I thought America is in need of as many pro gun people it can get.
>>
>>34293096
UZI then SBR it with a 10" barrel

And/or

9mm AR15 with a 4.5" barrel and a micro stock
>>
just know that whatever you go with its gonna need ammo. And the higher caliber you get normally the higher price it's gonna cost to keep shooting.
>>
>>34295473
That's a good call, I'm pretty easy though I'm probably only going to have either .308, .223 or 9mm

>>34295468
What is the appeal of uzis and pistol Calibur ARs?
>>
>>34293096

If you want a bullpup in the US there's no real reason to not get an RDB, they pop up on sale as low as 900 and afaik is just as good as an aug.
>>
>>34295494
Cheaper ammo, mainly. Plus everyone loves (pseudo)smgs.
>>
>>34295496
The problem I have there is I have heard so many conflicting reviews on that which I don't seem to hear from the AUG, plus the fact that it's actually in service with the military which means that it's had a fairy rugged field testing that I don't the the RDB can compete with.
>>
>>34293216
Fuck this. Get the AUG if you like it. They're so much fun.
>>
>>34295609

I've not heard anything bad about the RDB other than typical gripe with kel-tec (It's plastic and feels plastic)

Ruggedness is a fair point as like you said, the RDB hasn't been used in a military and is relatively new, but on the upshot the RDB will definitely have a better trigger
>>
>>34295653
I was looking at the low rail version, does anyone know of its worth putting a trijicon accupower 1-8 optic on it? Or would that be more useful on a 7.62?
>>
>>34296198
>Not getting the carry handle optic.

They even have a 40th year version with the old style scope for just a bit more.
>>
AUG:
Don't own one yet, but magazines are expensive unless you get a model that takes STANAG. Expensive.

Tavor:
Stable shooting platform, takes STANAG, short and handles well, not particularly accurate at 100 yds with a Mepro M21 due to the dot size. Probably would be accurate with another optic. Poor trigger but the stability of your grip on the rifle makes up for it. Very easy to field strip and clean. Still expensive but not as much as the AUG. Excellent rifle for home defense; can effectively weild it one-handed if needed.

AR15:
Inexpensive, STANAG magazines, huge variety of customizations, accurate, good trigger. Longer than a bull pup for equivalent barrel length. Probably better for a first rifle.
>>
>>34293096
AUG is best bullpup, don't believe jew propaganda. But I don't recommend it if it is truly your first gun.

AR 15 if you want a modern rifle. Hands down. It is the easiest to operate and the most supported by anyone anywhere in the US. If you want to go old school, get a Mauser.

Likewise, I recommend something common if you're shopping for a pistol. Glock, Beretta 92, Walther PPK. Just because you have a budget, don't try to buy a special snowflake gun that will give you headaches.
>>
>>34297602
Out of curiosity, why not an Aug for a first? If someone has not had experience with bullpups previously I could understand. I don't want to sound like a smart ass more just curious.

Is it simply because of the availability of thee AR style weapons?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170619-051939.png (609KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170619-051939.png
609KB, 1440x2560px
>>34295383
>If you want an AUG, I would wait for the F90 Atrax.

This.

>>34296198
Buy the low rail and put a good red dot on there. Here's one for $1600ish

https://gunprime.com/product/steyr-aug-a3-m1-556n-16-30rd-od-green-high-long-rail/

>>34297441
I wouldn't say they're expensive.... they're just not cheap, pic related

>>34296419
>Carry handle optic

It's only a 1.5 power
>>
>>34299955
Any word on the F90 release date?
>>
>>34300073
This article states "mid-2017" and that the first shipment of 300 would arrive in Q2 2017.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/aussie-aug-lithgow-arms-usas-atrax-bullpup-5-56mm-shot-show-2017/
>>
>>34300174
Nice so hopefully they will have had a bit of testing by the time I get the money
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.