[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here don't care about rifles much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0889.jpg (82KB, 658x358px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0889.jpg
82KB, 658x358px
For whatever reason, I've never been entirely interested in rifles. I understand the appeal and I think every free American should own an AR15 or similar, but I've never gotten around to purchasing one.

I've always been enamoured with pistols, and to a lesser extent, shotguns. I see the pistol as an extension of autonomy , and something that can be on your person every waking hour, by your side when needed. They are a challenge to shoot well and very difficult to master.

The rifle almost seems too easy I guess. It's not particularly difficult to become effective with a rifle. Long distance shooting is challenging but seems boring compared to draw, move and shoot pistol training.

I've bought and sold maybe 15 pistols, bought and sold 1 shitty kalishnakov and bought and kept 1 870.

Does anyone else share this sentiment? Are you a pistolero, shotgun surgeon or a marksman /k/?
>>
>>34291530
I am pretty much the other way around. I understand that there is a handyness to a pistol and that it will be what I most likely use if I need it, but I don't buy guns for self defense. I buy my guns for historical significance, mechanical fascination and to a lesser degree, marksmanship.

My engineering mind gets all fired up for how a gun works and what makes it tick. Pistols tend to be simpler and less in a historical sense. Except for the P-08, P-38, or Nambu, pistols have very rarely sparked my interest.
>>
>>34291530
>15 pistols
>pistolero

i'm about the same, now down to 3 pistols, 2 for carry 1 for future use

i owned a colt ar15a2 awhile back but regretted it, hassle to go shooting, what the hell do i need it for etc, then sold it
>>
File: 1491776211805.jpg (70KB, 368x252px) Image search: [Google]
1491776211805.jpg
70KB, 368x252px
I enjoy pistols a bit more than rifles due to the challenge in using them accurately. I also find their various types of mechanisms fascinating. However I also enjoy the boom of shooting 54r and .06 rifles.
>>
>>34291530
>does anyone else share this sentiment
Yep
I just find pistols sexier and more fun to shoot. They also take less time to clean and I don't need a fuck huge safe for all of them. I'll stil probably buy a mossman shotty for home defense though.
>>
>>34291530
I only have a small poorfag collection, but I like pistols more as well.

I like shooting .22lr rifles but that's about it. I keep an AR-15 just in case, but in truth I rarely shoot it and plan on getting the conversion kit for it later on. Conversely I absolutely hate shooting .22lr out of pistols.
>>
>>34291530
I enjoy all of the above, though I'm into rifles right now. To each his own.
>>
I've grown to appreciate pistols more now that the rifle market has been saturated with AR/AK clones.

In fact, my last three gun purchases were pistols.
>>
They are vastly superior in every way except portability so if you need to shoot something you want the "too easy" option. For everything else, whatever. I like pistols too.
>>
>>34291673
I agree, and that's what fascinates me with pistols - portability. Regardless of my affinity for pistols though, I wouldn't choose one if I knew something was about to go down. My 870 is my first line of defense if available but my G42 is my constant companion, always there for the unexpected. There's something about that which I truly revere.
>>
i'm the opposite. i love my semi rifles, and i like pistols. i don't give a single fuck about shotguns.
>>
>>34291669
>implying the market isn't flooded with polymer pistols
>>
I used to be the same way. Thought the ar15 looked uncomfortable with all the sharp edges.
That is until I started building my own ar. Then I was enamored.
Still love my pistols though.
>>
Pistol + AR for me but my next purchase will be a bolt gun in 6.5 Creedmore
>>
>>34291731
me 2
i might look at a vepr 12, but just because slav
>>
>>34291612
Rifles are as diverse and interesting as pistols. It's just that the market these days is mostly occupied by a couple different models and variation of those. That's one of the major draws for surplus and antique rifle collectors. If it were fifty or sixty years ago you'd probably be saying the same thing about pistols and praising rifles for being more intriguing.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.