[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

$400 AR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0751.png (195KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0751.png
195KB, 750x1334px
What does /k/ think of this? Del Ton AR for $400. Seems like a good deal but I don't know anything about ARs
>>
>>34291453
Barring any production problems, go for it. Plenty of sport shooters using DelTons.
>>
It all depends on what you want it for and what you're going to do with it after buying. If you just want an AR for general target shooting/home defense and you do not intend to do a lot of modifications, go for it. But if you want to take this and use it as a base and mod the hell out of it ($200+ in aftermarket) I'd just build one from a stripped lower. If you're worried about price, if you buy a few parts at a time, after a few months you'll have a pretty good AR.
>>
>>34291453
one thing I don't like about Deltons is they rarely do a proper job of staking the gas keys.
>>
>>34291583
Pretty easy to remedy yours if you require it. Only need a hammer and a center punch.

That being said, I'm kind of surprised that in the last 50 years we haven't figured out how to keep screws properly torqued without having to permanently deform metal to increase friction.
>>
>>34291626
It just makes me leery every time an AR company does that. Because if they can't do a simple, yet pretty important job of staking the gas keys properly so they wouldn't get loose, what else did they shortcut?

But yeah, I helped my buddy with his Delton. It seems decent enough, but he barely had 2k rounds in it, so time will tell.
>>
>>34291657
I don't work in machining. Don't we have some curing compound yet that can handle the temperatures in a gas key while still opening up when you need to take the screws out?
>>
>>34291657
so, get a delton, and then get a gucci BCG. problem solved, and you still spent way less than these guccifags.
>>
FWIW I got a delton A3 clone kit a couple of years ago and have had 0 problems. Overall very satisfied, would buy from again.
>>
>>34291583
I work as a gunsmith and have had no less than two hundred guys come in over the years complaining of improperly staked gas keys. Wanna know how many had gas keys that were actually out of spec?

OP, go for it, don't worry too much about it, and if worst comes to worst, buy yourself a nicer BCG.
>>
>>34291662
Rocksett might work. Break down the compound by soaking it in water when you want to take it off. It gets harder with heat.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.