[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 46

File: air force security forces.jpg (155KB, 1680x945px) Image search: [Google]
air force security forces.jpg
155KB, 1680x945px
"Stop body shaming me or I'll report you" edition.
>Discord
https://discord.gg/0y3eBT2ji4rHI4TM
>>The instant invite is invalid or has expired.
Replace with new Discord if know how
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>http://www.sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

>https://www.airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

>Should I go nuke???
No.

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253
>>
File: Walk Test Standard.jpg (28KB, 596x149px) Image search: [Google]
Walk Test Standard.jpg
28KB, 596x149px
How did you guys train for your Air Force walking test?

http://static.e-publishing.af.mil/production/1/af_a1/publication/afi36-2905/afi36-2905.pdf
>>
are air force security forces a good choice? should i go missile site?
>>
>>34291373
>are air force security forces a good choice?
depends on what you want out of it. You have the opportunity to do cool guy shit CPET and DAGRE, but you have a high chance of doing really mundane shit
>>
>>34291310
now, there is a strong, independent woman that don't need no man.
>>
>>34291402
air force leads all the branches in numbers of single mothers.

heroic
>>
>>34291373
>Security Forces

How do you feel about checking ID cards at a gate?

If you have the ASVAB scores, don't waste them
>>
>>34291310
>working discord link for those interested
https://discord.gg/ZJPxxTj
>>
>>34291328
Is that for the actual walk test? Because the running test standard is different
>>
>USMC OCS hopeful
>No OSO nearby, will speak to one at college in fall
>Going into senior year
>270 PFT
Most of the info I've seen online is older. Anyone have tips/info for an OCS hopeful?
>>
>>34291620
Try to pump the PFT numbers up. The higher it is the more competitive you are. I'm not saying it's impossible to get in with a 270 or anything, but a better score is always better.
>>
>>34291681
Thanks. Pullups/Crunches maxed, working on getting the run time down. have a 3.2 gpa in a business major. Will raise it to 3.3-3.4 senior year. Hopefully not too low.
>>
>>34291620
Get one of those flashlight for your head for late night reading

Dress black socks to wear under your socks

Insular for shoes
>>
Should I enlist in the Air force straight out of high school (senior year) or go to college and do ROTC? What is more worth it?
>>
>>34291876
>go to college
go to college so you'll have something to fall back or if you decide to become an officer
>>
File: african americans in air force.jpg (822KB, 1993x1488px) Image search: [Google]
african americans in air force.jpg
822KB, 1993x1488px
>>34291876
if you go officer, pic related won't respect you, homey

don't you want the respect that comes with being an air force e-1 to e-5, homey?
>>
File: air force and military civilian.jpg (424KB, 1800x1194px) Image search: [Google]
air force and military civilian.jpg
424KB, 1800x1194px
>>34291907
MAAAYYYYNNNNE, suh. I huhrd you wuz fohmer enlisted. Mad, respect.
>>
File: raising hand stock photo.png (221KB, 450x298px) Image search: [Google]
raising hand stock photo.png
221KB, 450x298px
>>34291942
>military civilian
Is it true that civilians have ranks as well? Can you be UCMJ'd (AKA gain a criminal record) for offending them, just like you can with officers under Article 89? Is there an article for offending civilians as well?
>>
>>34291373
Ehhh It's a hit or miss but it's going to be 70% a miss and you'll be working with some ghetto dudes

I remember talking with a security forces Chief Master Sergeant and the guy was telling me how there's a drug ring going on in his security forces because some airmen still had contacts with his drug dealing friends off base. Granted the same guy told me who he got deployed to Iraq a few times and had a CAB.

Honestly I wouldn't do it
>>
>>34292025
>there's a drug ring going on in his security forces
That's most every Air Force job, security forces and otherwise.
>>
>>34291620
Yeah here's a tip. Enlist in the reserves first. The cadre at Marine OCS will do everything they can to prevent you from graduating if you aren't prior service or a minority. If you go to OCS as a white civilian the odds are against you and I'd almost quantify it as a waste of time. Good luck.
>>
>>34291989

No. Despite what some some people think, the GS scale does not map to the authority of military grades.

However, there *is* an etiquette guide for things like formal events so you know where a GS-11 sits at the table compared to an O-3 or an E-9. This can also govern things like hotel pricing at military hotels (higher grades get nicer rooms, but usually have higher rates), etc.

There's no UCMJ article for "disrespecting a civilian", but high grade civilians have a lot of pull within the chain of command. A battalion-level GS-13 has probably been at that unit longer than any of the officers there, and knows more about how it runs.
>>
>>34292060
>you aren't prior service or a minority
this is utter bullshit
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU-2C8Ec6co

How tough is BATTLE compared to normal AF BMT? Will I get in enough swimming to be ready for the pool?
>>
File: 1497301638019.jpg (40KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497301638019.jpg
40KB, 600x600px
>99 AFQT
>composite scores qualify for everything
>recruiter opens up contract portal
>truck driver, fuel pump attendant, policeman, and intel nerd

Truly the worst time of year to not be a high school student.
>>
File: combat weather.jpg (349KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
combat weather.jpg
349KB, 1024x681px
>>34292781

You know your true calling anon.
>>
Who else here a nasty girl on AT? Catching up on sleep and sitting in ball soup is my new job
>>
>>34292781
If you're thinking long-term benefits, MP or Driver sound like the best
>>
>>34292781

Why would you not want to be an intel nerd?
>>
File: 1497270482991.png (146KB, 720x594px) Image search: [Google]
1497270482991.png
146KB, 720x594px
Anyone shipping to Ft Jackson this month?
>>
Hey anons, joining the NAVY with an 85 AFQT. What are the chances I can get my depression waived? I haven't taken medicine in 4 years but I'm still seeing a therapist, he's willing to vouch for me. I just don't want 14 year old me to fuck up a potential career. 18 and fresh out of high school.
>>
>>34293001

Why would you tell them that you have depression?
>>
>>34292781
Intel is the best.
>>
>>34293039
Idk man I guess I fucked up there, I haven't actually given any documents to my current recruiter. Could I go to a different Navy recruiter and just pass it off like nothing?
>>
>>34292800
>>34292820
I'm a mouthbreather at heart, anons. Infantry life for me.
>>
>>34293072

No. Just get a waiver.

Thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2VBmHOYpV8
>>
>>34292565
The cadre will basically separate the people who have gone through boot before with the people who haven't. They will constantly ask the "priors" to identify themselves. You will hear "who are my priors?" followed by several dozen hand raises. These people eat the least amount of shit partially because they are so ahead of the game but there is a good old boys club element to it too.

Hey, it obviously isn't in the curriculum but the curriculum also says you are supposed to get eight hours of undisturbed sleep when in reality you get maybe three or four. And yeah it says that.

Every branch has racial quotas, and the Marines are pretty lauded for having a lot of black officers. Blacks are also typically the first ones to DOR so the ones that stick around are pushed across the finish line. Their PT usually isn't the problem but academics and leadership often is.
>>
File: 1486171886537.jpg (127KB, 674x800px) Image search: [Google]
1486171886537.jpg
127KB, 674x800px
>>34291373
Location is everything

If you want to jump out of planes with a machine gun, go to Moody Georgia.
If you want to be doing actual police work, go to Nellis Nevada.

I recommend Thule Greenland as a first duty station. Yeah it's boring, but you can get your career development courses out of the way, get fit, save money, and then get a base of preference afterward.

DO NOT GO PRP!! (Nuke)
>>
>>34293095
Alright I hope they'll let me have a waiver!
>>
File: who_is_this_squid.png (121KB, 477x364px) Image search: [Google]
who_is_this_squid.png
121KB, 477x364px
Hows the Air force M-16 qualification course for someone who's never fired a rifle?

My understanding is that Lackland is a short range, so they shrink the targets instead of increasing distance. Not sure if that makes things easier or harder.

Just found out my depth perception is beyond shit at MEPS, which has me paranoid about this stuff.
>>
>>34293220
It's true they use "simulated distance" targets.
When I got out (2013) they were standardizing everyone to the m4.
For basic, you don't even have to qual, you just have to fire it to graduate.
>>
>>34293220
If it'a anything like the alternate shrunk distance for Army shooting it's breeze.

You don't have to worry about having to adjust your point of aim for distance, and since the targets are all on the paper to start with, you are seeking them out with your eyes like with a true popup range.

A pop up range is better for actual training, but when you're just looking to git some high scores, a paper qual if the way to go.
>>
File: air force cooks.jpg (41KB, 591x394px) Image search: [Google]
air force cooks.jpg
41KB, 591x394px
>>34293220
Dude, firearms are a minimal part of air force training and there have been plans to simply rid it from air force basic.

Its a non-issue. Its essentially impossible to fail out of air force enlisted training.
>>
>>34293273
>>34293319
>>34293320
I've been told that in order to get stationed overseas, you typically have to pass; that true?

I'd hate to burn half of my dreamsheet for being a shit shot.
>>
>>34293320

It's also impossible to fall out Army bmt, especially with fat camp.
>>
If I had a back injury on the job ,a few jobs and a few years ago, and I didn't tell anybody about it at MEPS, would I get DQ'd if I went through a SSBI? I'm sure all they would have to do is call that employer and ask "any injuries?"
>>
>>34293159
why shouldn't i go for missile site security? i don't mind sitting around for 75% of the day. is there something i don't know?
>>
>>34293343
For Security Forces, you have to be m4 and m9 qualified for all stations, but, you fire until you qualify.
If your station requires a weapon qual, you will have multiple tries.
>>
>>34293545
Yes, there are things you don't know, just take the Damn advice.
>>
>>34293593
Now tell me the things I don't know you fucking cunt. I don't come here to have things implied to me you piece of shit, I come here for you faggots to tell me things straight up. Fuck you. You guys act like the military is muh secret club even though fucking criminals and high school dropouts join all the time, and make up about 80% of the military. I probably won't even enlist because of entitled jackass cunts like you.
>>
File: air force security guard.jpg (41KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
air force security guard.jpg
41KB, 600x400px
Which branch is most likely to report a comment via an Equal Opportunity complaint to the chain of command/HR?

i.e. where would a 4channer most likely be charged under the UCMJ for a joke or comment?
>>
>>34293623
>badass alert

You'll fit right in out in the missile field.
>>
>>34293623
Did you ever stop to consider there are things they CANT tell you about? I mean they are guarding the fucking nuke sites you sperg lord.

Are you sure the military is right for you? Because acting like that it begs the question.
>>
>>34291844
>Get one of those flashlight for your head for late night reading

Headlamps are good for more than reading

>Dress black socks to wear under your socks

A meme that destroys feet. Good socks and properly fitting boots will do more good than wearing your fucking service uniform socks under your issued greens. Your feet will overheat, sweat, get soft, and slough.

>Insular for shoes

Don't go cheap on insoles. Super feet brand are GOAT
>>
>>34293062
>Intel is the best
>make map overlays for infantry officers and pull TOC guard for the entirety of your first enlistment.
>>
>>34293701
It depends what type of intel you're in. And intel gives you better career options when you get out.
>>
>>34293624
Army here.
That depends on not only your branch, but what micro-community within your branch you're in. A regular unit of support personnel? You should be careful who you speak to and what you say. Be sure that they're not bitches.
If you're in any of the combat arms MOS, be careful around officers until you know they're not cucks.
If you're Airborne, be careful around officers and your designated EO/SHARP NCOs. Be careful around most females, although some of them know that they're a joke. No male soldier will care, unless he's literally a homosexual.
If you're SOF then you're good to say what you want.
>>
>>34293676
>lol I promize that there are secrets to guard here, that's why no one needs a security clearance, and all the dumbasses go to security
Do you realize how fucking retarded you sound? Don't try to justify your being a dumbass by pretending you did secret shit.
>>
>>34293712
All enlisted Intel work is scut work.
All actual analysis is done way higher.
also:
>Implying some e-4 intel puke's TS is functionally different than any other TS.
>>
>>34293436
Kinda worried. My recruiter told me that if the injury is totally in the past not to worry about it, but now I realize that if I ever want TSC that they could find out by asking all my previous employers about me.
>>
>>34293741
I'm not pretending I did secret shit I'll openly admitted I'm a 68W I stick my fingers in things, all I'm saying is that there are some job roles that you can't say everything you do, and some of those things may be pretty fucking shit.

But honestly from your general attitude I think you are some jumped up kid out of high school that heard the word nuke and got all excited
>>
>>34293436
They don't care. They're looking for things that would allow a foreign agent to compromise you, like relatives who are foreign nationals, crippling debt that someone could offer to payoff in exchange for information, something bad enough to blackmail you with, etc.
That doesn't mean your investigator won't find out and ask you about it, of course. They just won't report it as a problem, as long as your explanation makes sense and can't be exploited.

I have TS/SCI and one of the first questions my investigator asked me was, "did you lie on your enlistment paperwork," and I was like, "yeah; I smoked pot once and I had knee surgery." Still got my clearance just fine.

And they'll find some pretty inane shit, too. I got a call from my investigator while I was enroute from BCT to AIT because he wanted to know why I didn't tell him I got a noise violation during my freshman year in the college dorms. I told him it was a big pile of nothing that I forgot about because it was literally nothing with no admin action on the university's part. Shit like that.
>>
>>34293748
>All actual analysis is done way higher.

You've clearly got no experience of this. The latter is true, enlisted intelligence are your SMEs and the Officers are there to manage it all. The actual analysis is done at the lowest level as it's the most efficient way of doing it with the best outcome.

Every int officer should know how to do the job of those below him but he is not going to be doing the analysis himself.
>>
>>34293883
Sheeeeit. Good thing I'm squeaky clean any have never been in trouble besides a tardy detention once in high school, and I already admitted to trying pot once. I'll just admit that yes I lied but it wasn't a terrible injury at all. Thanks mate
>>
>>34293748
By type of intel he means geospatial, analytical, signals, etc. These are very different jobs which open very different career options once you leave. Basic-bitch intel analyst is probably the worst option, but they're all good options by virtue of having a clearance that your new boss doesn't have to get you. Doing a background investigation is expensive. Renewing one is not.
>>
>>34293765
>>34293436
They're not there to assess your ability to do the job, really. That's not down to them, and they're explicitly taken out of that process. What they're there for is to see how much of a risk you present, how reliable you are and what sort of things you've done in the past. They're there to see if you are likely to sell information, screw people over, get violent, lose your memory stick in a brothel.

They are not medical investigators and your employer is not a medical expert. They have full unrestricted access to your medical history anyway, so if that was an issue it would have come up by now. They're going to ask your employer if you ever were suspected of stealing things, how you were when you had a drink, if you ever asked for payment in advance, if you ever lent anyone money, if you had sex with anyone's wife or daughter. Then they'll ask you the same questions.

Answer honestly as they really have heard it all before.
>>
>>34293924
The chances of them delving into your injury history are slim to none. It's not there to go over what you said when you first applied. They're not there to do that and it isn't down to them. The conversation and investigation won't leave a small number of people, none of which are in your CoC or ever will be.

Be far more worried if you rant in front of your friends about niggers, Jews, Muslims, whatever and get spendy and swingy if you've had a drink. Arguments with a girlfriend or heard by next door are far more likely to come up than you hurting your back.
>>
Thinking about applying to marine corps OCC and my concerns are as follows.

1.) I saw a therapist during college to help deal with anxiety. Not referred by my general doctor, but used health insurance to pay for it, should I disclose this. No medicine, formal diagnosis etc, just as a way to talk through my problems of life changes etc.

2.) I got a ticket for disorderly conduct about 6 years ago. This I know I have to disclose, but am hoping to get a waiver for.

Thanks faggots
>>
>>34294090
theyre pretty picky, admitting the first one would probably disqualify you for OCS or make it very difficult to get an application accepted. The OSO said a few "experimental pot uses" which i admitted to hurt my application but wouldn't disqualify me and I'd need a waiver, Navy didnt have as much of a problem and I went that route instead
>>
Looking at the Coast Guard anons.

I got a bachelors so I can try to go for OCS or should I try enlisted? Interested in the BM rating.
>>
>>34294165
Luckily the questionnaire I got from the OSO is very specific in its language. Something along the lines of "have you ever seen a psychiatrist and/or been prescribed medicine for a psychiatric disorder" which I can honestly answer no to.
>>
Enlisted Nuke in prototype ask any questions about the pipeline
>>
>>34293545
nah it's alright

Missile site SF can do some semi-cool things like ride around in Hueys on patrol armed to the teeth, or they do some indoor firefight training with sim rounds. Of course, in between long hours and days of sitting around.
>>
>>34294234
What are your plans after the military? Or do you not have a game plan?
>>
>>34294165
Also I'm not a pot guy, but I think excluding people based on that is so stupid. Like I had a friend in college who was a professional triathlete, 3.7+ gpa STEM major, and held like a million leadership positions on campus who loved to get high on weekends. If you're gonna tell me that kid wouldn't have made a good officer solely because he like to get baked and eat cheetos as a way to relax I think it's crazy.

The only argument I can think of in favor of it is that it must be an indicator of moral turpitude because you are breaking the law, but in the current state of marijuana in most parts of America where it is equally or less severe than speeding, I think that's a really weak one.
>>
>>34294343
It's because the purchase and use of it is illegal, which puts you in contact with criminals. I'm sure your friend grew his own 10/10 weed which he never sold on, but in reality they know how it works.

It really is not worth the bother for everyone else and far easier to just enforce a total ban, as opposed to taking people who might be okay despite their knowingly breaking the law.
>>
>>34294404
Eh that still feels weak to me. Most of the kids I knew bought pot from kids who were hippies who sold a little on the side to finance their own habit. In a college environment people selling pot usually are just students who sell extra on the side. Someone is getting it from the actual criminals, but not many people.

Also in states where it's decriminalized there's no merit to the anti pot screening
>>
>>34294343
I'll tell you he wouldn't of made a good officer. There are people with those credentials applying to be officers who work soup kitchens on the weekend instead of selfishly getting high.
>>
>>34294637
>b-b-but so much potential
Its only after highschool that kids realize potential means fuck all.
>>
>>34294201
Coast guard is notoriously impossible to commission in of you aren't already a coaster. Read it was 1% of their selected people
>>
>>34294651
What are you on about faggot? The military has never had a shortage of highly qualified people trying to be officers. If you are saying 420 blazeit smoke weed everyday kid can't be passed up because he has positive qualities you are wrong.
>>
>>34294637
There's also marine corps officers soliciting hookers because they got drunk and got robbed in Central America.

Unwinding in a safe spot smoking is a hell of a lot better than going out and getting bombed in a bar.

This kid also did tutor at risk inner city kids on the weekend, so if your argument is that you're never allowed to unwind and relax I think that's a pretty uncommon and borderline unhealthy prospect
>>
>>34294683
I'm not saying he can't be, just that it doesn't seem like a good criteria
>>
>>34294702
Strawman, there are bad apples everywhere. Your friend probably would be one since marijuana is still prohibited by the UCMJ so there is no point in letting him in, let alone with a commission if he has to get "high" to relax. His life would only get more stressful than being a college Chad that's for certain
>>
>>34294738
No, I'm saying it's common practice to unwind by getting drunk.

Not asked about, not looked down on.

Why is one kind of substance abuse allowed while the other isn't.
>>
>>34294754
Marijuana is prohibited by the federal government and alcohol no longer is. Call your local congressman about it.
>>
>>34293748
lol what. I did all the analysis as a fucking E3 and it went to a WO1 just so he could check spelling and grammar before the report was sent out.
>>
Can commissioned officers be actual counterintelligence agents? 35E mos, is that a thing? I know enlisted CI agents have some arrest powers and get the nice shiny badge and was just wondering if officers got the same deal.

I'm aware anything to do with CI isn't entry level, just curious.
>>
So I began to talk to a recruiter for enlistment about a year and a half ago and mentioned I broke my arm in 8th grade and the guy said to get paperwork from the hospital about it. I'm going to talk to a different recruitment center after realizing I want to enlist still and I was wondering if I should mention it again, or just lie about all the way through MEPS? I have a scar on both sides of my arm from the surgery which is why I figured to tell them cause it's very easy to see
>>
>>34294659
The recruiter did say I would be competing for a spot on OCS with prior enlisted.

Is it true that it's easier to get into OCS as a prior enlisted rather than as a civilian? I heard other branches it is nearly impossible.
>>
>>34295036
Why? Just get the paperwork, you will go to meps and see the scars and start asking questions.
>>
>>34295065
Coast guard in general is a super fucking cushy gig, I just heard their OCS was super competitive for people off the street compared to enlisted
>>
>>34295080
Okay that's what I figured I was just worried it'd be a disqualifier or something and I messed up mentioning it, thanks for he quick response anon
>>
>Books
What are some useful books to read if joining the military, and can you say what they are useful for?
I know about the commandant's reading list, but anything else would be nice, for both tactical, strategic and other things.
I'm Australian btw, so anything more relevant to here would be extra nice

>Leadership/officers
Also, what do they mean when they say officers need to have good leadership?
Does it mean knowing who should be where and what they should be doing at what time, but not needing to have really good social skills?
Is it leading by example, showing what the soldiers should do and then commanding them to do it when needed?
Or is it having the ability to bust out a speech that will convince people to do what you want?
>>
>>34295211
Yeah honestly if you are serious about it, get all your paperwork in order that way you can come in and just get things squared away immediately. Your recruiter will appreciate it and in turn it'll speed your process up.
>>
File: the_cyber.jpg (316KB, 500x744px) Image search: [Google]
the_cyber.jpg
316KB, 500x744px
>>34291310
Airman who does "the cyber" here, I'll answer questions you've got about 3D series AFSCs or the Air Force in general.
>>
>>34295220
As far as leadership goes I'd say it's a lot about respect, respect your men and earn their respect back, know when your guys need some motivation and when they need to just have some down time.

Coming in as some mo tard spouting off speeches will make guys think you are a grade A asshat. Sometimes just being able to sit and have a joke with the men and showing that you are willing to pull your weight will mean a lot.

This is why you tend to see officers that were originally enlisted seem to do a lot better than the direct route because they know what it's like to be them.
>>
>>34295270
Thats what i keep hearing, i just dont know the acceptable level of autismo before you get barred from the position
How does going from NCO to being an officer work?
>>
>>34294633
You are essentially using taxpayers money to fund the drug trade.
>>
>>34295316
As far as I'm aware you just put a packet in, I mean as long as you meet the requirements I don't see why they wouldn't let you try.
>>
>>34295358
Not unless you're buying weed with government funds.
Service-member's salaries are the property of the individual, not the taxpayers or the government.

It's no different than working for a company and them not allowing you to buy alcohol because "they don't want company funds being used to fund the alcohol industry".
>>
>>34295234
I'm glad you said that cause I was already planning on going in with my birth certificate and social security so I could get my asvab test setup so I'll make sure to grab the medical stuff too before I go in and talk to them in a couple weeks
>>
>>34295442
Good, they will likely appreciate that, any idea what MOS?
>>
>>34295467
My plans been for 12b if my scores are good enough but I was wondering if you could do option 40 with that or not cause the dream is to get to ranger school ASAP
>>
>>34295492
Best thing you can do is ask your recruiter and study up make sure you get the best score possible, I got some asvab flashcards and scored and 88. So having a little bit of study material can't hurt.
>>
>>34295510
Thanks for the advice I was hoping to borrow an asvab book from a friend but I figure march2success and any other sites I find should help good too, I'm pretty sure I got a 60 when I took the practice one last time so I definitely gotta smooth out some edges
>>
>>34294268
Probably college, I was thinking about Mechanical Engineering at like Clemson or maybe I'll move to Colorado and smoke all the weed
>>
>>34295027

Yes. The finer work of Intel and CI is done by Officers, NCOs, and Warrants. The salty as fuck junior enlisted and guys who maybe made E-5 before getting out barely dipped their toes in, but would have you believe that they do the load. What they actually do is the bitch work that the more important people can't be troubled with.

That's not something that people like to admit though.
>>
>>34295774
So commissioned officers get the CI special agent designation?
>>
>>34295890

Not in the Navy or Coast Guard iirc, and I don't think the Army either. The Air Force and Marines have that designation for officers. CG and Army is Warrant, NCO, and 1811 only. Navy is 1811 only.

Fun fact: after pilots the AF Academy's next highest job selection is OSI.
>>
>>34295552
Hey 60 isn't bad, I had two guys get a 7 with me, sixty is a solid score.
>>
>>34295774

Currently working in the IC, former enlisted. This isn't true at all. The bulk of our products are made by junior enlisted with NCO supervision. The same is true in almost every office I've worked in.

The only one that was NCO heavy in terms of work was because it was extremely technical work and it just plain took 4-5 years to get decent at it.
>>
Are enlistment bonuses automatic or up to recruiter discretion?

For example if I walk in to the army office and say I want this MOS and I'm willing to quick ship, can they just leave off the bonus since they don't need to incentivize me?
>>
>>34295948

You're talking about collections, and since it's .mil collections of a technical nature. That means bulk SIGINT, IMINT, MASINT, TECHINT, GEOINT, and probably a few acronyms I'm forgetting. Those are refined a bit at every level by analysts, some of whom are primarily analysts and some of whom are normally in collections.

When you're talking about something like HUMINT collection that isn't interrogations or more complex sorts of operations involving disciplines like SIGINT, or strategic forecasts done by intelligence analysis, you're talking about work being done by Commissioned Officers, Civilians with Bachelor's degrees and probably Master's or PhDs to boot, with NCOs and Warrants maybe doing little bits here and there.

What I'm getting at is fairly simple. Big fish, small pond.
>>
>>34295989

The bonuses are usually attached to slots at MEPS. Sometimes they can be attached to candidates. They're never up to the recruiter though.

If there's a bonus, the recruiter wants you to get it, there's nothing for them to gain by you not getting it.
>>
>>34296011

>HUMINT

Oh, it's you. 99 % of the IC is not HUMINT, guy. You keep swaggering your tiny balls in here pretending you know stuff but only talking about a small part of intel that most people aren't interested in touching. You don't even talk about HUMINT accurately.
>>
>>34296029

I don't trust intel that isn't HUMINT to get the important stuff right. The people that do are part of an institutional problem that's only getting worse.
>>
>>34295934
Jesus you sure you weren't taking it with soon to be marines?
>>
>>34294820
>Circling high ground on a piece of acetate
>analysis
>>
>>34296080

You're not going to convince these people that the analysis that they are doing is the same analysis that someone in the State Department or CIA is doing.
>>
File: doubt-girl.jpg (391KB, 1374x1425px) Image search: [Google]
doubt-girl.jpg
391KB, 1374x1425px
>>34293883
>admitted to lying on the sf86
>still got clearance
>>
>>34296079
Shockingly not, both wanting to go army, it really blew my mind. I mean they were nice guys but just thick as two short planks.
>>
>>34295162
How's the Boatswain's Mate rating?

I heard it's the backbone of the Coast Guard but how competitive is it to get in?
>>
>>34296304
>Boatswain's Mate
>competitive

That's like a default dummy rate, if you want it you'll get it
>>
>Regularly smoked pot 2 years ago
>Haven't since last new years
>inb4 new year new me
>Live in fraternity house down street from recruiter
>Friends would vouch I 'didn't' smoke pot ever
/k/omrades do I lie in MEPS? I would pass any test and friends would confirm I didn't smoke. I've heard USMC OCS slots are too competitive for drug waivers.
>>
>>34295920
I'm referring to counterintelligence positions not federal law enforcement. The army at least separates the two between CI and CID and the civilian designation is 0132
>>
Anyone here with experience as an 11M?
>>
>>34296697

OSI does both. CGIS is both. NCIS is both. Marine CI/HUMINT is CI/HUMINT with NCIS handle LEO duties there. Army CID splits it up though.
>>
>>34296551
Obviously. There's no way they can find out. Why wouldn't you lie?
>>
>>34291310
she looks like a JUSTed Charlize Theron
>>
>>34291543
yes. Waived PT tests are stupid

>>34291876
id just enlist. its easy as fuck to get a degree while on active duty, plus its free.
and if you decide you want to go officer you'll have the prior-enlisted points that almost automatically guarantees you some respect from other enlistees.
>>
>>34296952

Not him, but are the online colleges you can get degrees at while in the service even reputable? They all feel pretty damn sketchy to me.
>>
>>34293883
So correcting information with the investigator won't get your chances of a clearance revoked? Because when I get the chance to talk to the investigator I'd like to correct some information, it's nothing serious like drugs or crime. Simply because the paperwork says I went to another country once rather than twice.
>>
>>34293624
get a job in intel or comm.
most of them have autism anyways.
>>
>>34296980
I have never heard of someone "forgetting" to mention pot use of any kind and being forgiven for it because he admitted it during interview. Once vs twice for visiting another country I don't know, but every instance of someone fessing up to undisclosed pot use results in denied clearance. Maybe anon is a shill for OPM who wants to bust people, but unless it's literally no big deal (parking tickets, you stayed at someone's house for a couple months between semesters, etc) I haven't heard of any kind of forgiveness.
>>
>>34296971
>but are the online colleges you can get degrees at while in the service even reputable?
some are others are fucking scams
>>
>>34296551
>>34296887
If you have to lie to get in, why do it? That isn't rhetorical. Marines make a big deal about integrity. I wouldn't want you leading me personally.
>>
>>34296971
as long as they're accredited you should be good. hell as far as I know most bases have actual university reps at their education offices that even host classes.
these schools aren't Ivy league or anything like that, but they're all legit.
>>
>>34297076
the military makes a big deal about integrity because nobody has any.
>>
>>34293125
>salty because he's not an officer :^)
>>
Enrollment tomorrow. Can't sleep.

What am I signing up for?
>>
>have to cut off from uni because of no money (finished 50 credit hrs)
>looking into just enlisting to chair force for gi bill

what would be the comfy jobs in the air force that doesn't require much pressure and brain and fun to do for the rest of my enlistment contract?
>>
>>34297106
Marines tenfold. Look up the night land nav scandal of 2012 i believe It was.

It isn't lying at MEPS I would sweat, it would be the moment of truth in Quantico.

Again, yeah you could claim you didn't smoke weed regularly, if you are comfortable knowing your career was due to a lie.
>>
>>34297152
long stretches of boredom and knee deep in bullshit
>>
>>34297154

1N0X or 1N4X. Gets you that TS clearance, a 9-5 office job, doesn't deploy unless you really want to, and lets you live someplace like Europe after tech school if you pick only European bases on your dream sheet. Then the world is yours once you get out with your GI bill.
>>
>>34297114
You probably won't be either, considering you aren't even qualified and are going to require falsifying paperwork to avoid a waiver that wouldn't get approved
>>
>>34296135
SF86 != Enlistment paperwork.
>>
>>34296551

I've heard so many "good friends" spill the beans when faced with committing a felony (lying to a federal investigator) for some college buddy.
>>
>>34297226
You filled out a SF 86 during the enlistment process. Unless you had the interview prior to filling it out (you didn't).
>>
>>34297225
I'm not the guy you were first replying to, but that shit about minorities getting a quota is BS unless you have a source
>>
>>34297194

forgot to add

>TS/SCI clearance

this is kind of cockblocking me because none of my families are citizens and they all live outside the states (3rd world asean country, neutral relation to US), so this kind of let me down in passing the SSBI

although if i even try apply to intel jobs and got my clearance application denied, what would be the case for me? do i just get reassigned to other afsc and pray to uncle sam that i didnt get shitty afsc or i can choose other jobs?
>>
>>34297275

The SF-86 isn't an enlistment doc though, it's a clearance doc. Not everyone does it, and it goes to entirely different people. Lying on enlistment paperwork is not the same as lying on the SF-86.
>>
>>34297316
Except if you're being interviewed for a TS, you certainly did fill out a SF 86 prior to that, and you filled that out during the enlistment process.
>>
how is army psy ops from the O side ? would I have a better chance getting a job at a 3 letter agency through psy ops or intel ? sorry in advance for this question sounding spergtastic
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MEJM0cboDg
>>
>>34292427
> like formal events so you know where a GS-11 sits at the table compared to an O-3 or an E-9.

So fucking annoying. I was at a banquet for emergency response (so lots of federal, state, and military folks) and some hostess type woman in charge got rustled because I (GS-11) sat with some enlisted because I hate officers.
>>
>>34293623
Waivers for most crimes aren't easy to come by these days.
And if you don't have a high school diploma you need a GED as well as a few college credits to get in.
>>
>>34292752

There's a JTAC here somewhere, but I can't answer your question.
>>
File: 1483677836297.jpg (246KB, 688x1251px) Image search: [Google]
1483677836297.jpg
246KB, 688x1251px
Just turned 18 couple of weeks back and am currently in the USMC DEP with a ship date in Nov 13 of this year, now Im getting really cold feet and told my recruiter that I wont go through with it, mainly the fact that I wont get the job i want (avionics) so Im looking into the Air Force and Army now, any one have any advice on what to do?
>>
>>34298384

What job will you get? Why did you sign the contract if it didn't have the MOS you wanted?
>>
>>34297336

This is not necessarily true. I enlisted in the Air Force with an AFSC that demands TS/SCI. However I didn't start the SF-86 until 1-2 months after signing the enlistment papers.
>>
File: 1388443922890.jpg (41KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1388443922890.jpg
41KB, 600x450px
>>34298384
Good for you. There is no reason to join the Marines, unless you have to prove to someone that you are billy badass, and there is a legit war happening.

If you want to make something out of your life go AF or Navy. If you are actually smart go AF, live the cozy life while still being in the military. Learn a worthwhile skill that transitions to the civilian world.

Navy would be cool if you have interest in traveling, and docking at different ports all over the world, that shit sounds fun.

I was Army, I'm not a genius but I felt like I was surrounded by morons all day everyday.

And don't let your recruiter scare you, nothing is permanent until your second trip to MEPs and signing your contract and taking the oath.
>>
>can't join.
>unqualified due to health
>fucking athsma
>>
>>34293955
How true is it that they have unrestricted access to your medical history though?
>>
Is a National Guard weekend just like a range trip sleepover with some paperwork and sitting around mixed in?
>>
>>34298756
>unrestricted access
>unrestricted

I highly doubt this, due to HIPAA and what not. There may be a form that you sign, allowing the investigator to obtain your records. But they will be looking at broad things, that may require further inquiry. EX. they will see that you were committed to a psychiatric facility, but they won't be able to read the doctor's notes.
>>
File: 1483673637395.jpg (186KB, 600x430px) Image search: [Google]
1483673637395.jpg
186KB, 600x430px
>>34298500
With Marines you choose 3 MOS's and you never really get what you want, its like a gamble really, and I really dont want that shit for 4 years, I chose Aviation Mech, Avionics, and CBRN, my brother in the Army says that all the Marines he met are smoking cigarettes or are bored out their mind. so fuck that. and no I didnt sign shit yet, just DEP at MEPS
>>
File: 1483680077546.jpg (129KB, 1202x484px) Image search: [Google]
1483680077546.jpg
129KB, 1202x484px
>>34298606
I really appreciate the helpful advice anon, I mainly consider the Army because I've always been a lazy fucker and I think the Army will push me to become a nice fit person, plus Army is pretty bad ass, in your opinion do you think the Air Force is pretty strenuous PT wise? Also I want to make a career in the military, I have a brother and 2 cousins all in the Army.
>>
>>34298797
What about prescriptions without diagnosis? Adderall for example
>>
File: 1370633971665.png (571KB, 519x516px) Image search: [Google]
1370633971665.png
571KB, 519x516px
>>34298830
Any branch will force you to get in shape, and stay in shape. Through basic and advanced training you will do mandatory morning PT, and when you get to your first unit. When you get to the point in your military career where someone isn't telling you it's time to do PT, it will be so ingrained in your routine that you just wake up and go for a run.

Obviously the Marines are known for having higher PT standards because they pride themselves on doing PT, looking pretty in dress blues, and grunting. All of the branches require PT tests every few months, so you have to stay in shape. As a whole it is rare to see a fat body in uniform.

If you aren't an ass-kicking Special Ranger Delta Seal, it's all the same shit day to day. Except the AF has hotter women and better food. The AF isn't known for strenuous PT, they are the smart branch. If you want to be an astronaut/rocket surgeon, you join the AF do your 4-6 years, get a ton of experience and pick up a BA degree along the way and walk into a civilian job making 75k easy.

Having never had to deal with the stupid bullshit that is working for the government/military, you say you want to be a lifer. You can't really make that call until after you've reupped once or twice.

My advice is pick an MOS that interests you and transitions to the civvie world, that way if after 4 years, like most guys, you say fuck this I'm done. You have a plan.

You just wanna get in shape? Don't sign away 4 years of your life.
>>
File: fucksergei.jpg (81KB, 600x367px) Image search: [Google]
fucksergei.jpg
81KB, 600x367px
>>34298838
A doctor prescribed you adderall, without giving you a diagnosis first...?? Is that legal!?

I don't think they really care about you personally taking ADHD medicine. If you were selling or distributing is a different story obviously.

Ask your recruiter, he will tell you the truth. He wants to get you through MEPs so he can't add you to his records. He doesn't want to send a body through MEPs just to get rejected, that hurts his recruitment numbers and wastes his time.
>>
File: satan.jpg (38KB, 460x297px) Image search: [Google]
satan.jpg
38KB, 460x297px
>>34291907
Funny joke.

Neither enlisted or officers in the Air Force deserve any respect whatsoever
>>
File: 1491532941802.jpg (513KB, 2100x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1491532941802.jpg
513KB, 2100x1400px
>>34298949
I would consider myself a smart type of guy, I scored 72 on my ASVAB with high line scores and really interested in working with my hands or something combat related like EOD. I'm not enlisting to get into shape but I'd happily get to it if it comes along which it will. And of course I'm going to pick something that transfers into the civilian world, but one small concern with I have with enlisting in the Air Force is all the shit they get like "Chair Force" or jokes like that. I've spoken with all branch recruiters and the Air Force does seem most professional, hell, my Marine Corps recruiter takes poolees out to a strip club not to far from our recruiting station. Another question, does the Air Force have a lot of fuckery like in the Marines or Army? I hear that they always get treated like shit by their NCO's and what not
>>
>>34299040

Someone in the Marines told you that the Air Force gets treated like shit?

>Chair Force

The only people who toss that around are people who are mad jelly that they could have done the same job in a service that doesn't treat them like shit because they either weren't qualified enough or didn't take the time to make a fully informed decision. An Air Force pog does what an Army, Navy, or Marine pog does but in much nicer facilities with better MWR programs on base. A battlefield airman does what a combat arms soldier or marine does while deployed but with an extra skillset that they bring to they table that offers them a job outside of .mil life.

Now being called "Chair Force" is part of the price that you pay for this. Let the salty soldiers and marines call you chairman all that they want. If you like them back rib them back a little for eating crayons etc. Being made fun of shouldn't phase you and shouldn't influence major life decisions.
>>
>>34298838
prescriptions without a diagnosis mean jack shit, "it was your doctor trying out some medicine". Dont even mention it on papers.

if youre still taking it, stop, they wil not let you in if youre on it. or 'need' it. Preferably be like 90 days clean before doing anything military wise. I thin kit was a year without illegal drugs and 90 days for prescription shit to prove your not a loser, if they did find out.

also if youre on like tricare or some shit then they can find out. If it was just your local doc, then youre fine.

>>34298970
yeah docs can prescribe on a trial basis, pretty much indefinitely. its not a narcotic, just controlled. If he had a psych diagnosis he'd be fucked
>>
>>34299101
Nah in this hypothetical example the enlistee had this prescription given when he was 8-9 or so, and its long since past. I would imagine, that if this enlistee has no problems passing a back round check for firearms, and has a state issued concealed carry permit for handguns, that he shouldn't have any issue with getting TS?
>>
Does anyone have the image of the girl walking, holding the barrel of her pistol pointed towards her, while her CO looks at her disgustedly?
>>
>>34291373
NO. DO NOT GO SECURITY FORCES

>>34291437
This.

>>34293545
I did nuclear security for 5 years. Wouldn't recommend it.
currently doing law enforcement at another base.
>>
File: 1367021915159.jpg (958KB, 1921x1744px) Image search: [Google]
1367021915159.jpg
958KB, 1921x1744px
>>34299040
>EOD
That was my MOS, IDK what it's at now but in '09 the school had like a 60-70% washout rate. Smart guys, in-shape guys, combat hardened guys. School is TOUGH and LONG, there are certain tests that if you fail once you are kicked out of school and you probably won't get a retry. It's a great job, but just know that getting from basic training to your unit with the EOD crab on your chest is not likely.

I don't want to be a dick but 72 isn't a great score, everyone that I can remember talking about it with in AIT was 90+ myself included and I think your GT score has to be above 130? Maybe need to study and retake it?

If you want to work with your hands look into becoming an aircraft mechanic, you'll probably be able to leave service with your A&P license and walk into a really good career. Don't work on tanks because there are no tanks in civvie world. Wanna learn to work on Jeeps? Go to ITT tech for 4 months not the Army for 4 years.
-------
All branches make fun of each other, the chair force, muhreens are stupid, Army isn't quite brave enough to become a Marine, Navy are all fags, Coast Guard is a step above girl scout. It's all light-hearted ribbing, like comparing your football team vs. your buddies. End of the day same flag on your shoulder.

Privates get treated like shit because their privates, low man on the pole gets picked on and does shit jobs. Nature of hierarchy no matter the branch.

I joined the Army because I felt I was to smart to be a Marine, but also wanted a gung-ho highspeed military life. Like I said majority of your day to day in the military is boring as shit. Make the most out of your time, to solidify a positive future for yourself.
>>
File: Capture.png (49KB, 1308x330px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
49KB, 1308x330px
>>34299134
I know a hypothetical friend whose last visit to a psychiatrist was in 2007. He said he never took add drugs to MEPS, and answered accordingly to pic related from the most relevant section on the sf 86.
>>
>>34295220
Bump this question
>>
>>34295920
>Fun fact: after pilots the AF Academy's next highest job selection is OSI

Where did you get that from? RPA's or Cyber are definitely the second highest. Like a dozen cadets graduate each year for OSI.
>>
File: 1486628796879.jpg (69KB, 775x837px) Image search: [Google]
1486628796879.jpg
69KB, 775x837px
redpill me on the Fire Support Specialist
>>
File: 1496220648755.png (117KB, 220x286px) Image search: [Google]
1496220648755.png
117KB, 220x286px
>>34299040
>smart type of guy
>72 on the ASVAB
>>
>>34293125
That's such a crock of shit.

Priors, if anything, are harassed even more if they fuck up, because they have higher expectations placed on them.

And typically it's the prior enlisted who DOR the most because they have trouble switching mentalities between enlisted grunt and the officer that has to manage and lead a group of grunts.
>>
Forgot and absentmindedly confessed to an ultra minor thing at MEPS that wasn't on intake, now they wanna dig.
Any ways to stop the trail faster? Pretty much all my paperwork is at the same place.
>>
>>34291620
Unless you're a rockstar in some other regard, pump up your PFT numbers. I shipped with about a 270 and was close to the lowest in my platoon (avg was about 289, and this was the old man plt). If you're under six foot, start practicing rucking now.

>>34291844
This is excellent advice.
>>
>>34294090
Commissioned through OCC, did the same thing by seeing a therapist for a bit my first year of college (lost two relatives close in time, was down). Never came up, was essentially a non-issue. Don't sweat it. Can't speak to the ticket issue.

>>34294165
>>34294343
Every officer I know has a pot waiver, myself included. Didn't affect me at all.

>>34296551
Don't lie about it. I'm really not one for Marine Corps coolaid, but integrity fucking matters.
>>
File: the lt.png (178KB, 461x480px) Image search: [Google]
the lt.png
178KB, 461x480px
>>34291310
Red pill me on Army ROTC.

I'm transferring to a uni this Fall, need to know what to expect.
>>
File: delet this.png (1MB, 1063x765px) Image search: [Google]
delet this.png
1MB, 1063x765px
>>34291411
>>
>>34299216
Air Force breaks down the scores different. You can't get higher than 100 in any category. There's only like one job where a score in anything higher than 70 is necessary.
>>
>>34291310
Thinking of going Airforce, want to be some form of pilot but at the moment don't have a bachelors, aside from that I'm leaning towards something mechanical or related to weapons.
>>
Is it true that the Army panders to the lowest common denominator?

I tend to see a lot more "weak bodies" emanating from the Army than I do in any other branch sans the Air Force.
>>
File: 1388564393839.gif (2MB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1388564393839.gif
2MB, 375x375px
>>34298993
Underrated post.
>>
>>34294234
Fill out your dreamsheet yet, nub?
>>
>>34294234
give any details about the courses please
>>
>>34298797
This is not true The doctors at MEPS can request your full medical records from any Doctor or hospital you have been to. You give them this right when you sign form DD 2807, along with your insurance information and who our PCP was. If there is something the Dr. wants to know more about they can send out a request to the Dr, if they know who it is and they get the full medical note, with a chief complaint, hpi, list of Rx, Dr's comments, etc. If they dont know who the doctor is then they can get if from your PCP or they can a request of BoS from your insurance company, which will have a list with every CPT code they paid for along with matching diagnosis, along with the provider information.

Unless you have always paid in cash, it is not hard to get the records. Its more of a question is it worth the time?
>>
Thinking about the Marines (if it means anything, I ran cross country and track in highschool a lot and still run regularly). I just wanted to ask about all vision related things before I talk with a recruiter (and MEPS). I do not have very good eyes, so I wear glasses and contacts.
Sorry for the exposition, but my question is is there any vision requirements? Or am I just overreacting and I can just rely on my glasses?
>>
File: IMAG0578.jpg (3MB, 3000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0578.jpg
3MB, 3000x4000px
How legal is it to post pictures that you took on a military installation?

I'm just out at this place in WV, nothing going on today so I went exploring
>>
>>34294234
Rate?
>gas the MM's, rate war now.
>>
File: 1482553484775.jpg (12KB, 480x295px) Image search: [Google]
1482553484775.jpg
12KB, 480x295px
>>34299649
Ok, in my recruiting station, most of these fucking future Marines are ASVAB waivers, so my shit is pretty high and I help everyone pass their fucking test.
>>
File: 1409339617809.jpg (22KB, 475x263px) Image search: [Google]
1409339617809.jpg
22KB, 475x263px
>>34299098
>>34299216
Really appreciate all the advice, any jobs in the Air Force I should stay the fuck away from? Will definitely look into the Air Force deeper now. Most likely will retake ASVAB to score higher
>>
>>34298789
Sometimes yes. If your CoC is cool it can be awesome. If your battalion is shitty, well...at least your CoC is still cool.
>>
>>34298789
Subtract the range trip from about 80% of the weekends and yes, you've got it
>>
>>34298756
your medical history is not nearly as detailed as you think and its unlikely it even exists unless you've had serious medical problems in the past that have required you go in and out of hospitals frequently

even your family doctor probably only has info about your allergies, your blood type (MAYBE) and thats about it. have a chronic illness? he doesnt give a fuck, the specialist he sent you to does, but fuck if he remembers or even knows which one you saw
>>
>>34301346
As long as your vision is correctable to 20/20 you're fine. There are probably some exceptions like being a pilot, but wearing glasses will be fine for everything else.
>>
>worrying about getting into the US armed forces
its literally the easiest non-conscript force on earth to get into, and probably the least trained per individual

most marines cant even read
>>
Not sure if anyone here would have the answer, but can you become a Meteorology and Oceanography Officer with a shitty math degree? Have a 3.5 if that helps at all.
>>
>>34302320
Thanks man! Appreciate it
>>
File: IMG_0563.png (1MB, 1200x668px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0563.png
1MB, 1200x668px
>they didn't join the most /effay/ branch
Lmaoing at your life
>>
File: dog.jpg (125KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
125KB, 960x960px
What can you guys tell me about Coast Guard Reserves?
>>
>>34301406
Where at in WV?
>>
For air force intel should I shoot for geo, operations or fusion analyst? I'll put down airborne ISR too but I don't realistically expect there to be slots.
>>
>>34299176
how about telling me why you wouldn't recommend it? do you really thing just saying "NO DONT DO IT!!!!!" is going to sway my choice whatsoever you stupid trans retard?
>>
>>34301406
What the fuck is that?
A barrack last maintained during the Nixon administration?
>>
>>34302525
Bumping. Anyone?
>>
>>34302329
It's true, the reading test at MEPS is only for the Air Force.
>>
>>34302329
>most marines cant even read
Motherfucker when I figure out what you just wrote I'm going to kick the shit out of you.
>>
got an RE3 on my dd214 cause the army is retarded and wanted out received honorable discharge

now realise the civ wold is even more retarded

How hard would it be to try reup in the coasties or navy?
>>
I'm hoping to join the Marine Corps in my country. problem is I am afraid that my time with a therapist two years ago will fuck me up. He claimed I have characteristics affiliated with autism. I didn't get an official diagnosis, but my country refuses to accept people with autism into the army. i am quite afraid it will fucked me up when I try to get past the process.

am I fucked?
>>
>>34303984
You gonna tell us what country autist?
>>
>>34303984
why are you obfuscating which country? we can tell you have autism
>>
>>34303984
>>34304063

Netherlands. thought I mentioned. it maybe i am an autist after all.
>>
>>34299216
if you get the job you want then your asvab score doesn't matter
>>
What rank should a 35N expect to move out of the barracks?
>>
>>34302993
I'm not SecFo, but I can tell you why you don't want to do it:

>Shit hours
You usually work something like 12s, often working 50 or more hours a week. Your sleep schedule will get destroyed.

>Shit work
Do you enjoy standing outside for 12 hours, or scanning IDs all day, or staring at a field all day, or writing traffic tickets, or apprehending dependas stealing from the BX? If so, SFS is for you!

>Shit leadership
Some of the worst leadership stories I've heard of have come from SFS. NCOs sleeping with Airmen, Article 15s for stupid shit, leadership always looking to fuck you over, extra duty, etc. Your leaders are the people who willingly re-enlisted for another 4 years in SFS, instead of taking the GI Bill and gtfo.

>You're fucking stuck
Retraining is usually not approved for Security Forces Airmen because it's usually undermanned. So you either re-enlist as a "cop" for 4 more years, or you leave.

>Shit job opportunities outside
So you decide to abandon ship and enter the civ world. What jobs are available to you? Mall Cop? Campus security? Most police departments require at least a bachelors, which you won't have time to do as SFS while you're in. So you better protect that honorable discharge with your life, because going to college is your escape hatch from being Paul Blart 2.0.

Why am I writing this? Because I've seen enough good people, that the Air Force could use long term, get chewed up and spit out by that career field. Leave it for the guys who get 40s on their ASVAB and want to leave their town of Cousinfuck, Arkansas.
>>
>>34294234
How upset are you that you didn't fail out of goose creek and stack that BAH while going to AM school at NASP?

jk, props for making it that far, and best of luck to you.
>>
>>34303844
also want to know this. Prior navy with RE3 honorable and looking at airforce.
>>
>>34293624
I can speak for the AF:
You'd probably get rekt at some support squadron like finance or the personnel section.

I can say that in my cyber section (network ops), we are a collection of mega autistics, and make jokes of rape and shooting the place up regularly.
I literally had an NCO "REEEE" at me over chat once.
>>
>>34304459
E-5
>>
>>34304552
Talk to AF Reserve or ANG recruiter. AD AF isn't going to take you, since they take very, very few prior service as is, and having a code is basically going to drop that possibility to nil.

You join the Guard/Reserves as a traditional reservist, doing 1 weekend a month, and once you establish yourself as a good member of the unit there are often full time GS-Reserve positions that you can slide into.

It won't be the same as AD, because you won't be PCSing and promotion is different, but it's a pretty darn good lifestyle and the closest you're going to get as prior service.
>>
>>34304660
Fuck, active duty wasn't bad, just hated being on a boat.
>>
>>34304660

Do you know anything about >>34292752 ?
>>
>>34304677
Give it a shot, it's basically going to be the same minus PCSing and a normal promotion schedule.

>>34304681
I'm sorry, I have no idea what BATTLE is.
>>
>>34304708

It's some kind of supplementary training during BMT for the airmen doing battlefield duties like TACP etc.
>>
File: George-Clooney.jpg (59KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
George-Clooney.jpg
59KB, 700x467px
>>34304681
made me chuckle
>>
>>34304708
I'll dri- uhh i mean, think on it.
>>
>>34304743

Toys. R. Me.
>>
Should I join the National Guard for a STEM career?
I'm 20 and have lots of unprofessional IT and programming experience.
I can't find a job elsewhere.
>>
File: 1492472244399.png (212KB, 922x882px) Image search: [Google]
1492472244399.png
212KB, 922x882px
Any Medical officers in Canada willing to turn a blind eye to minor heart issue? Currently trying to appeal it but im pretty sure its not gonna work
>>
>>34304459
E-5. Doesn't matter what MOS you are.
>>
>>34304854
ok heres the thing about joining in canada with a medical (or mental) issue

unless you need lifesaving medication for it, it literally does not matter. if you can't run for long periods without passing out, whatever, dont join a very physical job like infantry or bosn, but no one will mind you as a communicator or clerk or cook or even a tank driver dude.

but if you take pills for it, it's a no go, for the sole reason that in theatre, you might need your pills, and not have a pharmacist.

but even then, some things are exempt. things where you can substitute lifestyle for medication -- blood pressure issues, for example. but if you have some serious heart issue what leads to arythmia bad enough that you die without taking your salt pills, well, maybe the forces isnt the job for you

same for shit like allergies, you can wet the bed, you can have the worst seasickness, you can be super sensitive to things and break out in hives at the very scent of standard copier paper, but the second you need an epipen for it, nope, not happening, no one is going to carry that many epipens for you, just go to the RCMP where you will always be in canada and thus be near epipens.
>>
>wanted to join the navy
>open news
>like 7 dudes died for literally nothing except for complete incompetence by the captain

sorry but this semen-slurping branch isn't for me, guess air force it is then.
>>
>>34304660
Nonner what are some good aircrew positions? I was looking at airborne crypto linguist, but idk how challenging it is to learn another language that I didn't pick to learn.
>>
>>34305199
>airborne crypto linguist,
wtf does that mean, do you just sit behind the pilots and peruse ATP1 Vol II when italians and french on the ground flash you with signal lamps?
>>
>>34305230
Its code for professional bus rider.
>>
>>34305247
ah yeah, he's the guy that blows his cigar smoke out the window and hope it means something
>>
>>34305199
Boom op
Loadmaster
Flight engineer

From what I hear, airborne crypto school is hard as fuck. Not really sure what they do, it falls into the side of the intel world that I don't interact with.

A girl I went to BMT with is one, it took her like 1.5 years from enlistment until she finished tech school. She told me it made her go crazy, since tech school is pretty poor in and of itself.
>>
>>34305110
New CO took over right before i left the boat, few months later they ran aground in tokyo bay. CO before him used us all as a stepping stone to get his one star promotion so he could go work with his butt buddy the CNO in D.C
>>
>>34300068
>somehow she found a f-91W that's out of regs
>>
>>34305422
no one knows what that means but you

>>34305389
>few months later they ran aground in tokyo bay.
AHAHAAHAHahahahAHAHAhahaHAHAHAHA

how the fuck does that even happen when you have a whole bridge team looking out, are yankees just not trained at all or what
>>
>>34305485
no clue, one of my buddies on the auschwitz, i mean antietam, said the wind blew them onto some shoals. I seriously have no clue how nobody realised they were headed for shallow water.
>>
>>34305529
but seriously, someone should have caught it on SHINNADS (or the yankee procured equivalent totally-not-GPS) or radar, or a lookout should have seen some buoys or channel markers, the OOW should have been taking regular fixes, the entire bridge must have been asleep for that to happen

like, last time shit went down like that for the canucks here it was because the tanker (I forget which one) was doing like nine evolutions at once in wide open water and both ships still limped home at least ready to scrap. how the fuck do you run aground in charted waters as a modern ship of ANY sort? Isn't Tokyo Bay a pretty natural formation, too? Can't even blame the municipality for not dredging on time or something
>>
>>34305291
Are flight crew jobs hard to get? I always loved airplanes and think it would be really cool to travel around and do this stuff, but how much of this is just fantasy on my part?
On a side note, what can a boom operator do in civ world with his sweet booming abilities?
>>
>>34305683
Unless it's something like engineering or IT, consider it completely civilian non-applicable. In fact, sea and air time in the military don't relate to sea and air time to US and Canadian transport agencies, because the standards are different. And there's no kind of translation of skills, it's straight up that if you've been CO of a fucking carrier for 20 years, and you go to the civvy side, it doesn't count for shit. You start from zero. It's why most people get out early or stay as long as possible in sea or air.

land is different because unless you're infantry or driving tanks, your job probably has a civilian equivalent.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (5KB, 263x192px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
5KB, 263x192px
>>34305716
This, for example sonar technician has no civvie equivalent so unless you get a degree or retire you're pretty much fucked when you get out.
>>
>>34305095
From what ive been told its not the fact I have a heart issue its that I need to have a check up every 3 years, i definitely should have lied
>>
>>34305851
if you need checkups is generally ok but not really but people will waive it if its just a lifestyle thing

the dealbreaker really is lifesaving medication. if you need meds, even just routine "once a day" meds that arent some kinda supplement you can replace by just not being an unhealthy fuckass (the usual example is allergies requiring an epipen dose) or a piece of equipement thats a pain to carry (the usual example for that is the 'beetus; you can run out of lancets or break your blood sugar test device) then you cant join because those things can be run out of or lost or broken and then you're a nonfunctional member.

but if its just high blood pressure or something, the worst theyll say is to get it under control then apply again in a year once you've gotten used to eating more salad.

whats the issue? give a bit of description and i can tell you whether its too serious to join or how to spin it.

>>34305816
yeah theres no such thing as a sonar tech in the real world outside of exotic research boats. even radar you could maybe do air traffic control but they prefer comms people even then and theres a specific AF trade in both the us and canada for air traffic control
>>
>>34293219
Don't ask for a waiver you god damn bloke
>>34293220
Anon, shooting a rifle is piss easy. Literally every single person in my Infantry company is a rifle expert.
>>
>>34299101
Diff guy here. I was on Adderal and some other shit for quite a while (ADD), but I eventually got down to just Adderal. Then, last January I got a prescription, lost it, and said to myself "fuck it, I wanted to quit anyway". Am I good?

Also, I had surgery as a baby to treat pyloric stenosis, surgery went by fine and my stomach gives me no shit as long as I eat more than just chips and chunky Chips Ahoy. However, the scar has grown so I can't pretend it didn't happen.
>>
>>34293220
30 meters with m16a3, and you don't even have to hit the target to pass
>>
>>34293624
Another AF here, if you get a job as a maintainer... you could say anything you want and be free
>>
>>34299040
>>34299216
I was in the AF EOD program, sadly I failed a test at Elgin, got reclassed. But it still has a 90% fail rate, and also AF EOD is the best, best tech for the job and most experience
>>
>>34298606
> TFW in the Army right now literally because I love being a grunt but realize I'm surrounded by complete and utter morons
>>
>>34302541
> Choosing looking /effay/ over anything else and still choosing wrong
If you don't have a maroon beret don't even talk to me
>>
>>34306582
>maroon
>not black
armored or navy 4 lyfe
>>
>>34304998
> TFW I was in the barracks until E6
>>
>>34306598
> black
God damn legs shitting up my AO
Shoo, shoo
>>
MEPS requested some old records I never shoulda mentioned at all.
I look into it. Fucking "oppositional defiant disorder" listed from mid-teen years family counseling that nobody ever told me about.

What does this fall under with Waivers and shit? Any way to get US Military MP with this? Can amending records do much?
>>
>>34306825
>"oppositional defiant disorder"
Is that even a thing? It doesn't even sound real. Sounds like some bullshit made up suburban ""disorder"" to explain a kid's poor grades when the teachers can't keep pace with skate vids and methamphetimes for keeping interest. Do Americans really believe in that sorta garbage?
>>
>>34291310
What are my odds of reenlisting into the navy under a different rate? Got out as a sonar tech, don't want to end up doing that shit again.
>>
>>34306911
if its anything like canada its guaranteed itll go through if its clear youre a good worker but hate your current job, but it could take up to seven hundred years or more depending on the cooperation of your current chain of command.

(non hyperbole is on the order of 3-5 years in canada for a CT that wasnt directly offered to you because of shortages in another force/trade)
>>
does anyone know how your roommate is decided in the barracks? I signed for a comfy medical MOS (army) and I'm not excited about the possibility of living with some asvab waivers. I have nothing against super oper8 bros, I just don't want to have one as a roommate. Also, does medical get their own barracks?
>>
>>34306961
Again, Canadian, but I can't imagine it's much different:
>does anyone know how your roommate is decided in the barracks?
In an ideal world, it's first come first serve.

In the real world, it's still first come first serve, but given that there's a bunch of different people with independent lists.

So you could be by yourself or with 3 roomies and it's basically random. Prepare to be jealous of a friend who has a room to himself while you live in refugee conditions, or always being the PreGaming Room because you dont have any roomies and have to accomodate friends' parties even when you dont want to.

I hear different branches in the US have different accomodations that they literally own as properties, but that they arent separated beyond that. So have fun with your powerlifting steroid junkie infantryman, or POG gamer clerk in the army.

But honestly, good roomie-ness is not decided by trade; i had a sonar op who was a nerd and he kept to himself and it was great. total quiet. we chilled on our separate laptops as separate nerd trade people. but i knew another sonar op who you could mistake for a fucking yankee marine; loudmouth shithead way too proud of a job he's not personally doing but his department/branch/force is doing without him.

Anyway just consider it your first step into the real world of a young adult to have to have a roommate who is not necessarily your bro or sis. At the very least, they should have done basic (but again im canada so i know your basics are all different but i hope theyre at least similar) so your bro should be able to keep the toilet streak free and not jack off too loudly at night and not burn the place down in your absence and shit

tl;dr: it's a roommate, who cares, its like a roommate anywhere else
>>
>>34307056
>leaf
opinion disregarded
>>
>>34306085
good luck getting waivers.
>>
>>34306601
How the fuck did that happen?
>>
tfw silenced inna discord
>>
>>34304459
>>34304598
>>34306601

The real answer for the Army is that it is duty station dependent.

Most duty stations keep single E-5s in the barracks and only let you move out when you hit E-6. Some duty stations allow even lower ranks to get BAH, and in rare occasions they might even keep E-6s in the barracks (mostly OCONUS).
>>
>>34306961
>>34307076
Don't dismiss him so fast, he's not wrong about most everything there.

In my experience, roommate assignment is basically random, with units (for the most part) kept in the same building.
None of this is concrete, though. If the MP/infantry barracks are full and new MPs arrive, they'll get stuck wherever there's room for them.

Make rank fast and you'll move out faster.
>>
>>34306601
>Its essentially impossible to fail out of air force enlisted training

BMT, yeah, if you're not fucking retarded or quit.

I have seen a ton of people get bounced out of tech school. Both academic reasons and discipline issues. The AF uses tech school as sort of a test to see if you're a humongous shitbag, and get rid of you before you can cause real damage.

>>34306601
>>34307952

>yfw AF moves us out at E4, often E3
That BAH is sweet, sarge.
>>
>>34291310
I just signed my option 18x
What am I in for?
>>
>>34308098
You have to raise a puppy throughout training and then eat it alive during SERE school
>>
>>34308150
Good I fucking hate dogs
>>
File: 1481103103528.jpg (13KB, 418x299px) Image search: [Google]
1481103103528.jpg
13KB, 418x299px
>>34308098
I'm 18x too. Don't give up anon.
>>
>>34308168
You'll like the sniper course then. It's called "Scouting Bitches"
>>
>>34308173
<3
>>
>>34308173
>>34308098

Guy signing a CCT contract in a couple of months here. I'll see you on the other side.
>>
>>34308098
>>34308173
You're in for...

A really good time if you make it.

Sincerely,
An xray who made it
>>
Any ADF guys that can help out here? I'm looking to go ARes and I'm tossing up between rifleman and some sort of medic role. I was having a look and it seems like this is the only option for part time:

http://www.defencejobs.gov.au/army/jobs/CombatMedicalAttendant/

Training is listed at 30 days basic and IET done in 16 day blocks over 5 modules which seems very barebones so I don't think I'll be doing much as a CMA.

What do you think /k/, is a decent role or will I be pretty useless?
>>
>>34308262
Any tips sensei?
>>
File: 1471521996240.jpg (79KB, 398x724px) Image search: [Google]
1471521996240.jpg
79KB, 398x724px
>Told by recruiter that I'll choose my AFSC after seeing what's available from my list and around my anticipated ship date
>Walk into Office for DEP
>"Sir, Trainee Anon reports as ord-"
>"Hey Anon! Youre going in as General Electrical Aptitude! You're shipping Aug. 15th!"

So as I understand it, I'm going to be making ANOTHER AFSC list once I get to basic?

BMT is gonna be hell now that I don't even know what's waiting for me at the end of the ride.
>>
>>34308295
General Electrical? Shouldn't it be one or the other?
>>
>>34308262
Congratulations mate
Have fun operating with the big boys
>>
>>34308327
Just Electrical Aptitide.
>>
>>34308289
Be genuinely friendly to everyone. There is a huge divide between xrays and regular army folks. This applies mostly in the q course though.

I don't have any secrets to tell you but if you want it bad enough you will do whatever it takes. I developed two stress fractures in both tibias in sopc, and with one week of being back I went to selection and did the whole thing with them. It was horrible but it was the only thing I wanted at the time.

It's overall a good time and if you find a good friend that has a positive attitude to go through it all with then you'll have fun.
>>
>>34302993
Don't be a faggot. All I am trying to do is help you not make a mistake. There is no reason to be a fag about it.

>>34304499
Is pretty spot on. I could tell you more but it sounds like you deserve Security Forces after all.
>>
>>34308342
I've been at group for a several years now.
Trust me, it is well worth the time and pain. Not a single moment that I regret being on an oda
>>
File: 1447728195024.jpg (13KB, 250x240px) Image search: [Google]
1447728195024.jpg
13KB, 250x240px
>>34304998
>>34306601
>moved out at E3 due to risk of housing multiple people in the same room
>laughs in Chair Force
>>
>>34308363
>I developed two stress fractures in both tibias in sopc, and with one week of being back I went to selection and did the whole thing with them.
Badass. Thanks for replying
>Be genuinely friendly to everyone. There is a huge divide between xrays and regular army folks. This applies mostly in the q course though.
Can you elaborate on that at all? As in if people are arrogant or unfriendly they'll get more pressure/less help/be less likely to be picked up?
>>
File: responsibility.png (9KB, 514x312px) Image search: [Google]
responsibility.png
9KB, 514x312px
>>34308363
>Be genuinely friendly to everyone.
This should be a guide for anyone's entire fucking military career. Nothing pisses off anyone else in a force -- from your own country or your own branch or otherwise, even enemy forces, than a rude serviceman who is rude to others in his force who's rude on the basis of what branch or department or whatever else of whatever country he serves.

Saying you're better for being a clerk or for being an infantryman or for being a cook or for being an engy is sandnigger iraqi shit where they hoard information and promotions are death sentences.

Use of force takes a team. You are part of a team. Not fireteam, but a task group. Not an alliance, but a standards organization. Not a family, but a goddamn gang.

Everyone in all forces is bound by some shameful but dissimilar thing. You joined for a reason, so did everyone else, and we're all here together now and there's no sense shaming anyone for their MOS or trade or why they joined or what they got slotted into or whatever else.

And fuck you if you go to basic and act big because of your trade. You aren't trained in it, you're not there yet. You don't even know where we keep the candy! (HINT: theres candy in every department)

Don't make fun of bos'n. You need them to tie you to a dock so you can go drinking. Don't make fun of comms. You need them so you can have internet. Don't make fun of the sonar/radar/WEng people. You need them to not crash into stuff. Don't make fun of officers. They sign your paychecks. Don't make fun of ""POGs"". They clothe and feed you. Don't make fun of storesmen or stewards or musicians. So on, so forth. And fuck you if you make fun of other branches as wholes. They all do work for you just like you do work for them. The army clears landing sites for the navy so the navy can launch planes so the army can move forward so the army can clear... I hope you get it.
>>
>>34308049
How common is it for E3 to get BAH in the air force?
>>
seriously I swear to god the second I hear anyone in my deparment make a "Deck Ape" joke I'm having them tie knots all day and if I hear a bos'n talk shit about nerds I'm wiping and disassembling the mess laptop and leaving it to them to put back together and reinstall.
>>
>>34308546
Sometimes you get kicked out of the dorms if they are at capacity and need room, but the most common way A1Cs get it is get married in tech school. Don't fucking do it, it is a trap. You don't love her, you have only known each other for a few weeks. Laugh all you want, but you are guaranteed to at least see a few others make that mistake.
>>
>>34308451
Oops forgot to write more on that.
Basically what I mean is by making friends with everyone you'll have a much better experience and increasing your odds of making it through. That is for two reasons; one of them being peers. You are constantly being judged by your peers and unfortunately there always has to be one shitbag whether or not there actually is a shitbag among you. Don't let that shitbag be you. Second reason is you won't know shit coming in as an xray, and the best way to learn many times is by getting advice from people that have years of experience in the regular army. People are much more likely to help you and remember who you are if you aren't the guy that people think of as a dumb "xray."
Keep in mind that being an "xray" is a derogatory term used to call 18xs either by what they are, or a stereotypical idiot who doesn't know shit about the army. I'm not saying I knew everything going through it all myself, but never once did I "act like an xray," which draws a lot of negative attention. Volunteering for shit helps a lot, not being afraid to ask questions (by the way there is such a thing as a dumb question), and definitely not hanging around people who are seen as idiots that aren't going to make it, are all things that will help you.
>>
>>34308677
Ok, thanks very much
>>
>>34308677
To add to that-
There are usually three types of guys who are mostly successful in the course and in order of precedence:

1) The knowledgeable/experienced guy
2) The hard worker
3) The funny guy

1 is the most valuable because it makes everything so much easier when there is one guy who knows how to do everything and it takes out all the bullshit of figuring out what to do. This can range from knowledge on SUT, radio programming, leading troops, to even knot tying.
2 will stick out especially when there is a heavy workload and you're out there not letting people down, which really resonates with regular army people since most xrays are perceived as "lazy." Lazy dudes do not make it.
Lastly the funny guys are always liked for obvious reasons but this will only take you so far if you are a dumbass and have nothing else to offer. In the end it's all serious business and if you're not pulling any weight then you're peered out or dropped.
>>
>>34308546
It's based on dorm capacity, so if the dorms are filling up then they will kick out the most senior members to make room for the incoming new guys.
Heed the other guys advice and don't get married to leave the dorms, it's literally a 2.5yr wait at most. Army/Muhreens don't move out until they are E6.

CONUS, you are required to be offered off base housing after 3 years time in service and obtaining the rank of E-4 (28 months or 36 months depending on entry rank).
OCONUS, it's totally up to the base. In Germany, I know you can move off base relatively quickly, whereas in Korea single E6s are living in dorms.
>>
>>34308782
Duly noted, I'll remember what you've said down the line when there's more context. I haven't met any other 18xs despite going to MEPS twice (been volunteering whenever a gofer is needed) so I don't know what an "x-ray" is yet, except that a recruiter said many of them are unfit and reek of cigarettes (been very impressed with both of the EOD candidates I met though). Thanks again for the info
>>
>>34308677
>such thing as a dumb question
This, In Sonar A school one of my classmates asked if a tree fell in space, would it make a sound. He was a nuke drop, also he spent 800 bucks on fucking lotion cause he thought if he bought enough the kiosk lady at the mall would bang him.
>>
>>34299651
somebody help this guy out because i sure don't know the answer. Maybe talk to your recruiter? idk honestly
>>
>>34308839
18x-ray, phonetic alphabet

>>34309152
>please respond
>>
>>34309177
Right, meant I don't know what characterizes x-rays besides what SFanon and the recruiter told me
>>
>>34309152
>>34299651
hello samefag.

You can't stop the secret squirrels from googling you. Thankfully, unless it's something that can be used against you to force you into selling secrets (that you wont have, because you probably only applied for Enhanced Reliability i.e. Confidential i.e. Level I which is WOW ITS FUCKING NOTHING) they really don't care.

Unless it was something related to drugs, other addiction, something that can be leveraged against you(usually informal debts), or something that is itself a criminal offense in the US (kiddie porn or zoo porn) or lifesaving medication (typically mundane allergies), theyre gonna ask questions but probably not care unless it impacts your ability to work.

If you've already gone through selection -- not COD meme selection like youre spetznaz now but basic "hey we can ship this guy to basic" selection, you've already cost the country hundreds of thousands of dollars and the forces are very much an organization that wants to retain sunk costs.
>>
File: 1490627538763m.jpg (79KB, 1024x957px) Image search: [Google]
1490627538763m.jpg
79KB, 1024x957px
>>34307309
The thing is, I was diagnosed with ADD in the late 90s-early 00s when everybody was getting diagnosed. And it's not like I have a chronically short attention span.

As for the pyloric valve surgery, the condition is in 1.5/1000 babies, so not all that rare. All that it was was that a valve in my stomach didn't open wide enough so shit could reach my intestine, and that was easily fixed.

If I can make a case that these parts of my medical history aren't significant at all to present-day me, do I stand a good chance of getting waivers?
>>
>>34309198
>SFanon
>believing things you read on 4chan
holy SHIT youre stupid or young
>>
>>34309198
It's not a nickname for certain types of people, all 18x dudes are called xrays. The only shared characteristic would be being new to the army. You can't avoid that so just be humble and ready to learn.
>>
For highly technical roles such as Scientific Application Specialist in the Air Force, how are people with just a high school diploma expected to have a deep understanding of thermodynamics, mechanics and mathematics, etc. and demonstrate it on the ASVAB? Are you supposed to study these things on your own time without attending a college?
>>
>>34309414
Yes
>>
>>34309498

new thread

>>34309498
>>
>>34305961
I have mild pulmonary stenosis. Ive never had to take medication for it nor have i had any issues with being active all my life.
>>
File: 1421513944428.jpg (113KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1421513944428.jpg
113KB, 600x600px
>>34309414
Literally open a physics textbook and do the problems and you'll kill the ASVAB. You can get almost a third of the problems wrong and still come out with a 99 AFQT and maxed composite scores.
>>
File: 1377701963179.jpg (21KB, 251x218px) Image search: [Google]
1377701963179.jpg
21KB, 251x218px
>>34311260
shtu up the fuck cirno.

Where do I download textbooks?
>>
File: 1417874425317.jpg (99KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1417874425317.jpg
99KB, 500x500px
>>34311307
gen.lib.ru

Look for university physics, any edition.

You need to know the mechanics shit so read that.
>>
>>34311353
no wait it's gen.lib.rus
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.