[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sicario

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 20

File: IMG_4827.jpg (42KB, 540x226px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4827.jpg
42KB, 540x226px
Just got done rewatching it, and I have some questions.

In the border scene, pic related rolls down his window. And then Alejandro tells Kate to roll down her window.

Why would they do this? Wouldn't the tint help them stay "hidden" until they open fire on the impala and civic?

Also, don't the ends justify the means? We're the Delta guy and Alejandro really in the wrong?
>>
>>34290243
Hoping a visible show of their str would scare of the perps
Windows cause slight but noticeable deflection of bullets
Harder to aim and handle a gun due to confined space
Don't want to get coveted broken glass
Don't want their windows fucked for the drive home, ruins the fuel economy you know.

Could be any of them
>>
>>34290269
Any of those make sense, true.

What's your take on the second part?
>>
>We're the Delta guy and Alejandro really in the wrong?

The best part about Sicario is that there arent long speeches, or some "sad" social commentary like in Traffic.

There is one key moment in the film, which puts everything in perspective.

>Medellin refers to a time when one group controlled every aspect of the drug trade, providing a measure of order that we could control. And until somebody finds a way to convince 20% of the population to stop snorting and smoking that shit, order's the best we can hope for.
>And what you saw up there, was Alejandro working toward returning that order.

>Alejandro works for the fucking Colombian Cartel.

>He works for the competition. Alejandro works for anyone who will point him toward the people who made him. Us. Them. Anyone who will turn him loose. So, he can get the person that cut off his wife's head, and threw his daughter into a vat of acid. Yeah. That's what we're dealing with.
>>
>>34290269
Why would anyone covet broken glass? And if it's so coveted, why wouldn't they want it?
>>
>>34290243
>In the border scene, pic related rolls down his window. And then Alejandro tells Kate to roll down her window.
IF the window gets fucked then you get glass in your face.
>>
they still had payments on the trucks
>>
Is shit this crazy happening right now?
>>
>>34290468
So the answer is "no", OP.
>>
>>34290243
Noise fumes glass
>>
>>34290542

Yes and no.

Within the current (idiotic) dogma of "war on drugs", no.

In any sensible real life scenario, where the police and prison industry doesnt make billions off locking people up for possession, its beyond wrong.
>>
Gives you more room to present a long arm, if God forbid you have to fight from the vehicle.

Fighting in a vehicle is the king of all motherfuckers. That's also why the dismounted as soon as they saw a threat. I love idiots who bash James Yeager for dismounting his deathtrap of a vehicle, taking cover in a ditch, and returning fire.
I've fought from a truck before. 0/10 would not recommend.
>>
File: 1493820289568.jpg (97KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1493820289568.jpg
97KB, 640x360px
>>34290676
>taking cover in a ditch
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>and returning fire
>implying he did return fire
>>
>>34290480
think he meant covered, unless it is a drug reference
>>34290468
well played. Also wasn't there some high/mid level gulf cartel guy that said he was working directly for the CIA a couple years ago in the U.S. ?
>>
File: wutwutinthebutt.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
wutwutinthebutt.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
was it rape?
>>
>>34290807
i thought they were going to waterboard him or something until i head the screams, top kek
>>
>>34290807
Maybe, it was intentionally ambiguous. There's valid arguments for both sides.
>>
>>34290807
>>34290840
It was a good beating and an enema. A really long, horrible enema.
>>
>>34290269
>Don't want their windows fucked for the drive home, ruins the fuel economy you know.

Now THAT is some positive forward thinking.
>>
>>34290807
It's the heaviest most readily available item you can find in any situation. Number two would be gas bottles.

Also no need for an enema, just put it in someone's mouth tight and his belly will explode, and his eyes will pop out. Happened to someone I knew, thinking it would be funny to try and drink it all. It's not, water leaked internally fucking everywhere, he died, and two hours later he was rotting from the inside already and smelling like a fucking sewer.

Official reason for the family was "explosive edema". We still joke about it because we knew it really was a mouth enema.
>>
>>34290243
What kind of frames is he wearing?
>>
>>34290536
Kind of. In Texas there are lots of police that work directly or indirectly with Cartels.

Poth TX PD have been told to not stop drug smugglers along 181 that are just passing through from Mexico.

There are lots, and I mean LOTS of LEOs near San Antonio that are payed off by cartels, either to turn a blind eye, help smuggle, or as actual enforcers for them. So I'm not too sure how close it resembles the actual but there is a huge swathe of LEO presence in Texas on the payroll of various cartels. It will only get worse as less and less people want to become LEOs and the hiring standards become more and more lax.
>>
>>34291115
>It will only get worse as less and less people want to become LEOs and the hiring standards become more and more lax.
Agreed. I'm trying to be a cop in a big city and in a few years you see how fast hiring standards are willing to fall in order to meet numbers. It's going to be crazy.
>>
>>34290243

It's hot as balls out there. I'd tell the bitch to roll the window down too, so the window doesn't get fucked and I can enjoy my A.C. after shooting some wetbacks.
>>
>>34291130
This is the ultimate "red pill" and why conservatives are retarded. The criminals and police are blending into one.

The kids who sold crack when in was in high school are sheriff's now. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>34291142
Kek you kinda mentioned me.
>sold in/after college
>fenced shit on occasion
>never arrested
>one traffic ticket
And now here I am. I doubt the BI will uncover anything because I have no social media or charges but it made me wonder who else slips through the process.
>>
>>34290758

Yes. It was one of El Chapo's sons I believe. He said that they FBI turned a blind eye to them as long as they took out Zetas. Which makes sense because Zetas were created by the U.S. by proxy.
>>
File: 50.jpg (48KB, 531x279px) Image search: [Google]
50.jpg
48KB, 531x279px
>>34291142
>why conservatives are retarded
correct idea, wrong reasoning
>>
>>34291157
You know the kids who would get grills barred out on handles then rape them?

They work for harris county sheriff department now. I'm not talking about the ones who just sold, these are actual rapists that are now cops.

>BLUE LIVES MATTER!
>>
>>34290480
Or...hear me out here:
>I had to shoot through my windows
>no time to roll them down
>too oper8r to care about a little broken glass
coveted?
>>
>>34291170
I knew a few like that and yeah it's a fucked system DESU. I hope I can do some good on the job and make it to retirement. But the city I applied I doubt either will happen.
>>
>>34291175
>DID OP MEAN COVFEFE
>>
>>34290536
It's nowhere near as bad as it was around 2010-2012, which is when Sicario is supposed to take place.
>>
>>34291138

kek
>>
>>34291202
It's simple, you must watch serpico daily. You'll know what to do.
>>
>>34290243
maybe the car was bullet proff and the glass was also bullet prof hard to shoot through bullet proff windows dawg
>>
>>34291007
then who was scream
>>
>>34291160
>We can't have progress without a bunch of gays shooting poz loads into each other's asses
>>
>>34290243
they roll down the windows in the event that they need to fire from the vehicle, and for better situational awareness. they were in a convoy of 7 black SUVs, and were already obviously the target for the sicarios. there was no hiding in that situation.

don't the ends justify the means?
that is a question for you the viewer to answer. moral ambiguity is the crux of any drama.
>>
File: IMG_0510.jpg (71KB, 1510x938px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0510.jpg
71KB, 1510x938px
>>34291241
I can grow a beard like that and I am applying to a dept almost as big as that. Also my ultimate goal is work plain clothes. You might be onto something, anon.
>>
>>34290676
>Fighting in a vehicle is the king of all motherfuckers. That's also why the dismounted as soon as they saw a threat. I love idiots who bash James Yeager for dismounting his deathtrap of a vehicle, taking cover in a ditch, and returning fire.
>I've fought from a truck before. 0/10 would not recommend.

It's one thing to dismount and return fire but the driver should be unfucking the situation by getting the vehicle moving. If there is no obstruction and the driver runs off he's just stranded the rest of his team with him. They better be shooting RPGs at you non goddamn stop for the driver to pull a ditch bitch.
>>
File: 1497197958104.png (262KB, 446x456px) Image search: [Google]
1497197958104.png
262KB, 446x456px
Why are Americans such repulsive, weak-willed drug addicts?

Is life in America so terrible that you have to shoot up and numb yourself to endure it?
>>
>>34291421
This
Were not talking about the industrial revolution here, economic innovation doesn't suddenly make marriage obsolete, or abortion more justifiable.

This quote is shit.
>>
>>34291421
Yes?
Gays are ideal consumers, since they lack any investment in the future (biological children) and naturally work from a mindset of unrestrained hedonism.
Also, AIDS drugs (and, soon, antibiotic-resistant syphilis drugs) are a huge racket for pharma companies.
In principle you could have a technological society that didn't tolerate sodomy, but it would inevitably be outcompeted by one that did, due to the greater potential GDP of the latter arising fomr its larger base of consumers.
>>
>>34291548
Yes.
>>
>>34291548
If it wasn't for the irresponsible over prescription of opioids, America would be at historically low levels of drug use. Not counting weedayylmao of course.

We also have nig nogs to contend with, as well as sharing a poorly defended border with a country that has huge drug distribution networks and production capabilities, and whose government is too corrupt to stop it.

>go suck fat muzzie cock you no guns europoor
>>
>>34291569
It's not worth arguing with a faggot who thinks that normalization of homosexuality came about because of capitalism.
Please go away and don't return
>>
File: 23566432266.jpg (9KB, 329x128px) Image search: [Google]
23566432266.jpg
9KB, 329x128px
>>34291548
Sort of.

Its more about our obsession with pleasure though, I believe. One of the maxims of our culture is, "if it feels good, do it." Maximizing pleasure has basically become all important.

Getting head is great, but getting head on poppers? Fucking amazing. Hell, it even makes GIVING head awesome, and I don't even particularly care for cunnilingus.
>>34291591
This as well. In the 2000s and early 2010s, tramadol, hydrocodone, oxycodone, you name it, were handed out like candy by doctors. It was, and still is, a big issue, and was hugely irresponsible. But creating legal addicts is good money.
>>
>>34291611
But his argument is sound. The beginning of the acceptance of homosexuals in self-denominated communist nations happened much later than in capitalist nations.
>>
>>34291671
>samefag here

though it has more to do with this culture of unrestrained hedonism that began to arise in the early 60s
>>
>>34290664
>found the druggie
>>
File: basterds_joy.gif (204KB, 500x219px) Image search: [Google]
basterds_joy.gif
204KB, 500x219px
>>34290243
muzzle blast is real, shooting from within a vehicle like that is like someone through a 9banger into it

>tfw doing 30rnd full auto mag dumps through the front windshield with an MP5K
>>
>>34291683
Women can't be dumped en masse into the workforce to create a permanent labor surplus and drive wages down if they're at constant risk of getting knocked up and having to go home and raise their kids.
Reliable female contraceptives decisively uncouple sex and reproduction, creating a society of atomized hedonists free to prioritize their careers and lifestyles over having a stable family life like their parents did.
>>
>>34291142
>>34291160
>>34291170

fuck off antifa scum
>>
>>34290243
so were these guys psychic or something? they just opened fire on a random impala.
>>
File: tk_leftists.png (152KB, 1200x1630px) Image search: [Google]
tk_leftists.png
152KB, 1200x1630px
>>34291765
>>34291160 is from the Unabomber Manifesto, dude.
>>
>>34291643
>Getting head is great, but getting head on poppers? Fucking amazing.

desire to know more intensifies
>>
File: 1488591888573.jpg (1MB, 940x2478px) Image search: [Google]
1488591888573.jpg
1MB, 940x2478px
>>34290243
>Also, don't the ends justify the means? We're the Delta guy and Alejandro really in the wrong?
Not really. When you have an enemy that doesn't give a fuck about morality, the only way to defeat them is to go medieval on their ass.

Anyway, this movie is fucking bullshit. Cartels won a decade ago. See the pic from NYTimes. Mexican kids are already a majority in all of the southern states so expect the same type of mentality to become the norm in all of the Southern states. No amount of Delta/CIA ops will change that.
>>
>>34291158
proxy? you mean the zetas before they left the mex mili were trained by u.s. forces, no bully just context im looking for
>>
>>34290269
guns are fucking loud in enclosed spaces and most of their firearms are too long to aim and fire from a seated position with the windows rolled up.
>>
>>34291303
makes sense
like the tank killer plane at the end of saving private ryan not tom hanks magical pistol with exploding rounds
>>
>>34291591
i actually believe this is bs. i am so fucked up joint/body wise from mil service and all i get is naproxen or tramadol, not even talking va here
>>
>>34291643
>and I don't even particularly care for cunnilingus
of course you don't you big homo.
>>
>>34290536
It has been for several years. Police in Puerto Rico and in the Mexican borders have been getting bribed or following orders to cover the smugglers, however, its not as bad as it was back in the 2012. There was a purge in PR's Police made by the FBI to crack down on corrupt officers, I'm not sure if they've done that in the border states yet. Meanwhile, the National Guard in PR and the local Police have recently been working together to fight the drug smuggling in the island since the border has been getting too much attention (See Operation Secured Front). They've been doing early morning patrols by the coastlines and setting up radar to detect ships. The smugglers, however, are still getting more cunning by the years.
>https://youtu.be/1cWIqmfZzw4
>>
>>34291853
>See the pic from NYTimes
The NYT is and has always been a seditious rag barely worth the paper it was printed on.
>>
File: 1482982830707s.jpg (3KB, 125x93px) Image search: [Google]
1482982830707s.jpg
3KB, 125x93px
>>34291785
>>34291160
mkultra was a hell of a drug
>>
>>34292030
Maybe so but that map is based on facts. No amount of your bitching can change it.

One thing that this movie did get right is how the depressing this situation is and how pointless it is to try to fight it.

The end is nigh.
>>
>>34290536
It was honestly a lot worse around 8 years ago
I remember my dad showing me pictures of dead Mexican cops that were killed by cartel
>>
File: wh16_reconquista.jpg (293KB, 865x640px) Image search: [Google]
wh16_reconquista.jpg
293KB, 865x640px
>>34291853
>Anyway, this movie is fucking bullshit. Cartels won a decade ago.
All this means is that we need to get literally medieval on them.
We did it before, we can do it again.
>>
This is a good thread.
>>
What we need to win this war is to go full Duterte on anyone involved with cartels and flood the streets with poisoned drugs to kill
>>
>>34290243
If you have ever been in a sealed car while a firearm discharges you will understand that the shock is enough to make you deaf.
>>
>>34292361
That is working out terrible for him.
>>
>>34290291
Generally I lean towards the 'ends justify the means' side of the spectrum but given the alphabet agencies' past track record of getting in bed with our enemies and fucking things over so much worse ... I dunno, maybe they should try acting like good guys.

>>34290480
>Why would anyone covet broken glass?
No idea m8, but it got my long-distant ancestors 6000 acres of fine African farmland.
[spoiler] Also phone posting a bitch [/spoiler]
[spoiler] covfefe [/spoiler]
>>
>>34292374
How so?
>>
>>34290243
Jeffery Donovan makes a believable operator
>>
>>34292374
No, daring the CIA to run a coup on him is working out terribly.
The drug war is going fine.
>>
>>34291785
Damn TK was based.

I mean his ideology was correct, but he was fucking nuts.
>>
>>34290243
>don't the ends justify the means?
thats literally the idea of the movie. you, as the viewer and a member of society, have to decide for yourself.
personally, i say yes. people like to pontificate about the purpose of life but i dont think we're as special as we make ourselves out to be.
>>
>>34291007
cryingAsianDisplayingWhitePowerHandSign.jpg
>>
In all honesty OP, I feel that when dealing with groups like the Cartels, morality and honor is no long a variable in the equation of warfare.

The only way that honor makes a difference in the fight is if both sides are agreeing to conduct themselves accordingly. As history has shown the most tactically daring generally end up the victor.

In order for the United States to effectively "win" the war on drugs, we will need to increase the brutality of the war in orders of magnitude. Not only to we go for the dealers, the pushers, the smugglers, but we go for their families, their grandparents and the kindergarten teachers.

The question then becomes whether or not the war is worth fighting on that level. Because if we do, if we choose to win, are we effectively any better than our enemies?

I personally feel that taking the fight to them through the means depicted in films like Sicario aren't enough. If other countries choose not to assist in the removal of the drug trafficking population, we use cruise missiles, and JDAM's to destroy their refining facilities, and dare the corrupt governments to lift a finger.
>>
>>34292706
>depopulate significant swaths of Mexico
>>
>>34292711
Thats the entire point.

If we want to fight a war to win, we need to treat it like a war.

Don't act as if we didn't depopulate significant portions of the German or Japanese populations with constant year long bombing raids.

The difference is the Cartels are the powers that be, and not the Nazi's, or Imperial Japs. And the governments are puppets in most cases propped up by drug money.

If we truly want to win we need to show them what it means to fight (which we will never do), which makes the entire endeavor pointless anyway.

If
>>
>>34292711
remove taco
>>
>>34291142
>The point
>You

Standards will be lowered to meet numbers because upstanding citizens won't want to deal with the hassle you criminal assholes have made being a cop. Defend yourself from an aggressive nigger: murder. Use proper escalation of force to gain compliance: Thug. Fuck you, you're the asshole causing the decline in standards that will lead to the whole southwest of the country having Mexican tier policing in 20 years.
>>
File: yfw.jpg (55KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
yfw.jpg
55KB, 500x379px
>>34291591
>If it wasn't for all these drugs being used we would be at an all time low for drug use.
>>
>>34291548
It's just the culmination of a decades-long campaign by the left to break down the family unit and religion as the social center for communities.

That and prolonged economic malaise due to fallacious inflationary central economic planning that's destroyed the value of the currency and killed growth.
>>
>>34291765
You realize that this is why your side is failing, don't you? First sign of criticism and the right's response is to turtle and start waving the flag. Ignoring the problems at hand might make you feel safer but does nothing to actually secure safety. Stop being a moral coward and nut up.
>>
>>34292421
>the drug war is going fine

t. DEA shill
>>
>>34292992
>if you kill the drug dealers, they win

t. RCMP Drug Enforcement Branch shill
>>
My question is why they needed to sneak del toro through the drug tunnel he could have just been chilling in Mexico waiting for the the other guy to come back to his jefe
>>
>>34291569
Nonsense. A society that has more children will always have a larger consumer base than one with more homosexuals. Sodomy does not result in the production of more consumers/producers, and really there isn't much evidence that homosexuals are any more hedonistic economically than any other single person.
>>
>>34293075
RCMP ain't got time for drug shit when there's gun owners to harass.
>>
>>34293104
Because the director wanted another action scene.
>>
File: 1495569913511.png (209KB, 419x551px) Image search: [Google]
1495569913511.png
209KB, 419x551px
>>34290243
>tier 1 operators in a highly risky mission within a civilian-dense area
>no one but the ex-sicario has a can
>>
>>34291007
But did he finish it?
>>
>>34291115
Here in the rgv, cops are majorly in on it, some of the narcos even post pictures of them driving around in a cop car and relaxing with bundles of drugs on Facebook,
>>
File: look at this lovely coincidence.png (289KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
look at this lovely coincidence.png
289KB, 500x294px
>>34293297
>A society that has more children will always have a larger consumer base than one with more homosexuals.
When your leaders view your country primarily as an economic zone, reproduction doesn't matter; if anything, reproduction is undesirable, since having children encourages people to save money and invest in their child's future rather than putting their money right back into circulation via luxury spending, and "replacement immigration" allows the elites to tailor the voter demographics to suit their policy ends, rather than vice versa.
>>
>>34292862
You think that's bad?

Because of how pensions work you're going to see huge retirement numbers coming out of the NYPD in starting in about 2 years and not ending until Trump leaves office. Worse, NYC is going to wind up in a financial crisis because they can't afford to pay out so many pensions based on the sarariman-tier hours officers are being forced to work during Trumps term.
>>
File: proposition.jpg (88KB, 599x775px) Image search: [Google]
proposition.jpg
88KB, 599x775px
>>34293471
>>
File: black man kryptonite.gif (3MB, 241x241px) Image search: [Google]
black man kryptonite.gif
3MB, 241x241px
>>34293617
pool parties are the last stand of implicit White identity
>>
>>34293471
This is true in the short run, until demographics normalize in the long run and demographic-based immigration largely stops. At which point the society with an increasing population, all things held equal, will still result in a larger consumer base than one populated by homosexuals.

Also, children are net consumers until they reach adulthood, and they consume plenty.
>>
>>34290269
>Don't want to get coveted broken glass
well its safety glass; kinda hard to get cut.
>>
>>34290664
go back to plebbit you fag
>>
How can Mexicans not just rise up against the cartels? How can they just allow these drug dealing subhumans to literally run the country?
>>
>>34291037
Google it, people actually found out.
>>
>>34293672
>>34293617
>>34293471
>>34293297
>>34291569
>>34291421
>>34291160
/k/ does /pol/ better than /pol/ does /pol/
>>
>>34292711
This is how wars are won. We haven't won a war in a hundred years because we choose not to. Winning is very easy with our technology, we could have won't the war in Iraq within a few hours, same with Mexico. Blanket the place with nerve gas and hit any hardened areas with kinetic weapons. If you kill veryone or nearly everyone the war is won. Ghosts can't fight an insurgency.
>>
>>34293760
Because the cartels are as powerful as governments and infiltrate efforts to stop them or raise militias (similar to CIA/FBI). They also have the added intimidation factor of skinning your family alive if you cross them.
>>
>>34293889

It's easier to come to america and work as a diswasher for 70 hours a week. Feeds a whole family in mexico.
>>
>>34293710
lmao what....
>>
>>34293785
>/pol/
>doing anything other than attracting edgy teens from reddit well

Choose one
>>
File: 1475095799630.jpg (204KB, 640x540px) Image search: [Google]
1475095799630.jpg
204KB, 640x540px
>>34293785
>implying anyone from pol would embarrass themselves on a reputable board like /k/
>>
>>34293925
r/The_Donald and its consequences have been a disaster for the /pol/ race
>>
>>34293963
>/k/
>reputable board

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here
>>
>>34293710
only the front windows are safety glass anon.
>>
>>34291037
US Army - Captain, which have been re-branded Time Square - Captain. only about $50-60
>>
>>34292393
Drugs were never as big an issue in the Philippines as they were in other countries. PH does have a shit tone of issues, but they mainly revolve around corruption (which apparently Duterte is cracking down on so good on him for that). Problem is after a while the Police were using the campaign to casually whack people that they didn't like and eventually lead to shit like this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_and_killing_of_Jee_Ick-Joo
Hence a slight winding down of the campaign. I will say that in terms of putting the fear of god in any PH drug traffickers, it probably worked wonders.
>>34293617
Is this real?
>>
>>34294035
whelp... What is up new freind
>>
>>34292862
No, I'm not a thug, I never sold drugs nor did I do them . I was the good kid in high school who was bullied, the bullies became the cops. Faggot.
>>
>>34290243
I don't get this movie. Alejandro and the CIA guy are doing a great job. If I was a FBI agent I'd be super-excited working with them. The chick on the other hand is an insufferable whinny cunt (and she looks like s fucking dromedar, too) who's constantly bitching and doing nothing. WTF?
>>
>>34294944
>The chick on the other hand is an insufferable whinny cunt
bitches gonna bitch
>>
>>34294944
>The chick on the other hand is an insufferable whinny cunt
A perfect representation of your female FBI agent.
>>
>>34294998
If not for her 10mm would be everywhere
>>
Anyone got an english link to this ?
>>
>>34293075
Sure thing, Wyatt.
>>
>>34295045
Exactly.
>>
>>34290269

You left out going deaf from firing your weapon inside an enclosed space. I'm sure even cracking a window would help dissipate the shock but not much.

SLIGHTLY UNRELATED: I remember a panel from one of the Punisher Max comics that gets posted here sometimes, in the panel Fronk tells a little girl to cover her ears and keep her mouth open, as this will help dissipate the shock of gunfire and explosions.

Anyone know if that has any merit ? It seems logical.
>>
>>34294944
>insufferable whinny
Sicario_but_Emily_Blunt_is_replaced_by_a_pony.mkv
>>
>>34290703
He did. It's in the official transcripts.
Then he treated the wounded.
All if which can be seen and heard in the video.
>>
>>34292706
Los Pepes rides again.
>>
>>34292959
>failing
>just took executive office and legistlative majority
>Balanced Supreme court and will likely take that too when RBG finally goes senile/dies

I cant get enough of this failing
>>
>>34292959
>the right is the side that is failing.
uhh, whatever you say hoss. I speak as a leftist when I say we are probably at our lowest point in the last 30 years.
>>
>>34290676
No, he stalled the vehicle, ran off without telling anyone, hid, and then lied about it all.

Read the fucking AAR.
>>
>>34295236
the mouth open part is true
>>
>>34290243
>Nothing will make sense to your American eyes
>>
File: 1458879192550.png (2MB, 1192x1658px) Image search: [Google]
1458879192550.png
2MB, 1192x1658px
>>
File: 1458880105805.gif (651KB, 475x195px) Image search: [Google]
1458880105805.gif
651KB, 475x195px
>>
>>34296565
>when RBG finally goes senile
That already happened.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JgdpH6T-Ps
>>
>>34292862
In big cities, yeah.

I'm a state LEO, and working with big city cops (Seattle mostly) vs smaller cities was fucking insane.

Seattle pays shit, they're led by an utterly cucked leftist city council and mayor, and every spare penny in the city is shoveled in to social black holes like free injection sites, free bike sharing programs, and painting rainbow sidewalks in Capitol Hill.

Seattle PD, except for some few exceptions, hemorrhages professional officers. They do like 3-5 years with SPD, get tired of the shit command, shit communities (having to watch criminals go free because of MUH RAYCESS excuses and lefty judges), and working with lazy cops who don't give a fuck and are working to a pension.

Compare that to like Kirkland or Bellevue PDs, and the difference is night and day. Officers that are professional, enthusiastic about working with their communities, and largely content.

SPD bike cops are (except for obvious affirmative action appointments) top notch. But guys in cars are usually shit.

Unfortunately it's a catch 22. Society usually shits on cops, and it doesn't pay great. So why should talented people become cops instead of working in the private sector, making way more cash, and not having to worry about losing your job and freedom because you shot a dindu on meth rushing you with a knife.

Fuck, is never go back to being a beat cop. All I do is warrants and investigations and I love it.
>>
>>34293535
NYC has been fucked up 6 ways from Sunday for decades.

I wish it could just be it's own state.
>>
>>34290468
Funny thing was medallion cartel was very little under the influence of the CIA, it was Cali that played ball.
Also should movie should have ended with failing his 1 man bonzai charge, then the camera pans out to the POV of a reaper drone orbiting at 25000, some announces "asset lost". Then 8 hellfires level the compound.
>>
>>34291227

This is no longer accurate. Turf wars have flared up again and there is actually more violence now than five years ago, it's just not as focused around the border.

The Mexican drug war is currently the second most violent conflict in the world behind Syria.
>>
Anyone got the /k/ movie list?
>>
>>34293785

Fuck off back to pleddit.
>>
>>34290664

>He unironically believes prisons are chock full of druggies arrested for mere possession, and not violent scumbags who pled down to a lesser crime.
>>
>>34298553
How the fuck is 70k starting bad?
I really really don't understand.
>>
>>34298553
>not having to worry about losing your job and freedom because you shot a dindu on meth rushing you with a knife.
Yeah you're an assblasted piece of shit. Cops don't get charged with murder, even when they should. Even when they are charged, they're rarely convicted. And when they are convicted, it's on an incredibly mild charge with an incredibly mild sentence.

A Washington sheriff shot a man in the neck as he was emerging, unarmed, from an overturned car. Then lied about it. The cop got 90 days.

90 DAYS
FOR MURDERING SOMEONE

I'd get more time than that for a misdemeanor.
>>
>>34298553
>utterly cucked leftist city council and mayor
Also that reminds me there's this city a few hours North of Seattle you probably have never heard about, it's called "Vancouver, British Columbia". That's in Canada. They have far far far more liberal policies than Seattle, yet their officers are more competent professional than probably any department anywhere in the United States
This is true even though Vancouver is cucked by Canadian standards. By Canadian standards, they are cucked.
You're full of shit. Don't listen to this guy.
>>
>>34296565
>executive office is in fucking shambles because of russian interference in election and obstruction of justice by potus both courtesy of cp-popo
>potus pouts, tweets, and pisses panties like a sixteen year old high school cunt
>muh russian hookers

>legislative branch can't pass shit because all they've been doing during the obummer years is run reactionary babby bullshit

>gorsuch isn't as big of a gop stooge as people make him out to be

I can't get enough of this "winning". Go jerk off on your MAGA red cap again fucking man-baby.
>>
>>34290536
Not really, but it will be soon. Even though I'm an isolationist, the infiltration of the cartels has kind of made this America's problem.

The only way it's going to get solved is by an outside 3rd party with a strong military, with a strategy to actually win a war, not a pussyfoot hearts and minds campaign.
>>
>>34299400
>russian interference in election
Those damned Russian hackers giving people more information about how scummy the party they were going to vote for is. We don't need no informed voter base!
>>
>>34291142
The problem isn't that police are militarizing, the problem is that they NEED to militarize to deal with the issues they're being served. Every single major city in America is a racial pressure cooker waiting to go off; it's not surprising that only a para-military can handle the situation.
>>
>>34290664
Drug possession charges are often the only times that police officers can arrest people in lieu of more serious charges.
>>
>>34299413
Those damned Russian hackers also hacking GOP servers and releasing nothing damaging. We got a KekPill bro here!
>>
>>34299462
Before "Russian hackers":
>nobody knows whether either party is engaging in scummy behavior

After "Russian hackers":
>everybody knows at least one party is engaging in scummy behavior

And this is apparently unacceptable? Sure, having access to Republican Party internal emails would be beneficial for informing the voters. But the fact that this info was not released doesn't somehow invalidate the info released about the Democrats. Half of the picture is better than none. Any disagreement with this is plainly damage control.
>>
I really don't like how these recent movies like Sicario and 13 hours depict Delta, makes you wonder if it's like that in reality.

>that part in 13 hours when those two deltas just throw down a dead american body off the rooftop
>>
>>34291142
>The kids who sold crack when in was in high school are sheriff's now.

You sound like a faggot who got a citation for weed. Since, you've convinced yourself you're a victim of the war on drugs and not some loser who got his illegal drugs confiscated and a minor fine. I say minor but for you it was probably two months pay or you had to borrow money from your parents.
>>
>>34293710
Side windows are generally tempered glass, and you can get cut up just fine by 'safety glass' (laminated glass).
>>
>>34291115
As a cadet in Houston, this hurts to hear.
>>
>>34293332
My buddy just lost his guns and PAL for a year because he shot an agressive unleashed dog on his property. Shits fucked
>>
>>34299351
Presumably it's incredibly expensive to live in Seattle.
>>
>>34301027
>you don't need guns to shoot a dog on your property, just call the police
like pottery
>>
>>34294079
That's not true. Only the windshields are laminated, but it's all safety glass. Safety glass is just stressed in a way that it breaks into chunks instead of shards.
>>
>>34292163
>Reconquista back then was Iberian Moors taking land that was improved by Arabian Moors.
>Modern Reconquista is Mexicans taking back their rightful land
Poetry
>>
>>34299351
Cost of living is off the charts, and SPD unofficially punishes officers that live outside of city limits (given shit details, shifts, etc). There's also "incentives" to move in to the community, but they aren't worth it at all.

People also look at $70k a year but forget about mandatory union dues (5%), and various taxes. It'll be even worse soon since Seattle is going to start rolling in income tax and I doubt the WA Supreme Course will overturn despite it being clearly unconstitutional.
>>
>>34299366
Not familiar with that case, got a link?

The last few horribly unjustified shoots in WA have resulted in charges. A couple we're convicted and went to prison, one (the Wenatchee PD lady cop who panicked and blasted a dude) is still pending trial.

I'm not going to go down this rabbit hole, but most police shootings are justified. But the majority of average people think dumb shit like "well just shoot the knife out of his hand lol" so they'll never see it.

And unfortunately sometimes when cops do shit and get charged, sometimes the juries go full retard. Like the Castillo verdict, with the jury acquitting the cop who shot him. And the moment that video came out, every cop I know said "holy shit, what the fuck".

And as far as misdemeanor, depends when you are. I've arrested guys with 6 Assault 4 convictions and they're still getting 30 days with credit for time served.
>>
>>34299379
I've met a few Vancouver cops at conferences, seem like solid dudes.

Are they specifically told to ignore violent crime in tourist areas? Are they told to specifically ignore homeless camps filled with drugs and underage prostitutes? Do they have city council members calling for violence?

Honestly asking, not familiar with Vancouver's policies.
>>
>>34291771

It wasn't random at all.
>>
>>34304133
Not that guy but I live in Vancouver.

>Are they specifically told to ignore violent crime in tourist areas?
No? People getting into a rustle with each other gets police attention, and sat down on the curb while cops sort it out. They tend to get released afterwards if things calm down, atleast from what I've seen.

Are they told to specifically ignore homeless camps filled with drugs and underage prostitutes?
We used to have a little ghetto where they all got herded a few years back before it was cleared out and it kept drawing negative attention, but "tent cities" pop up every now and then. They constantly get harassed and taken down, forcibly cleared. A few years back there was a big of a uproar over some unknown people(s) spreading shit and manure over areas in stanley park where homeless people camped before they were forced out.

As for the drugs, its a known problem but there are attempts to try and encourage them to seek treatment, and get them kits that counteract overdoses.

Dunno about the underage prostitutes tho.

Do they have city council members calling for violence? Not that I've heard. More like empty words promising action or whatever sounds good for votes.

The police try, community policing and other hearts and minds stuff on occasion. People who fail or washout of the VPD tend to get sent or apply to other departments in Surrey which is a RCMP shithole.
>>
>>34291115
Lax police hiring is a distressing sign of the state of our country. This is one of many warnings that our country is becoming third worldized (lack of a better word).
>>
>>34290536
On the way home from work today I had a bad traffic jam on one of the back roads, 6+ cop cars were blocking off a road where you could tell that they had chased and knocked what appeared to be a taxi off the road. A couple AR's were on the hood and the Mexicans they had arrested were obviously Cartel, probably ran from a routine traffic stop with a trunk full of meth, you know the usual. Only about 2 miles from there was a mass grave of 9 bodies found, all executions via gunshot or stabbed to death, about a couple months ago, all cartel related as well.

I live in a backwoods part of Texas thats like 70% spic. I knew kids in middle school that pushed a pound of crack a month, and police dogs coming into classrooms to sniff for cocaine wasn't uncommon. Believe me, crazy shit is happening every day.
>>
>>34304109
>Not familiar with that case, got a link?
Not that anon but it was pretty bad. I think he's talking about this one:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3360037/Shocking-moment-cop-accidentally-shot-husband-neck-climbed-overturned-SUV-wreck-killed-wife-NOT-charged.html

'accidentally'

You can find more information with the cop's name I bet, Patrick Feaster.
>>
>>34290807
Yes. They rhythmic grunting and the camera on the drain with no water going down it are proof.
>>
>>34293710
>>34294079
>>34300152
So much in these posts are wrong.
Windshield glass is laminated glass. It s designed to not break apart like side glass or back glass (tempered glass). It is designed to keep occupants from going our the front in a collision. There is a weight limit to this. The urethane bond does have tensile strength. It is made by gluing two pieces of glass together with the laminate.
The side glass and back glass is tempered to break into small pieces, not long jagged slivers. It will still cut you. Not all cars use tempered door glass or back glass. Some use laminated glass as an anti-theft measure. You can easily tell by examining the glass.
I hope that clears up some of this.
I don't know anything about bullet proof glass as I never worked with it. Maybe Utube it
>>
>>34303120
See
>>34306627
More manufacturers are using laminated glass in doors and back glass. It's not consistent either. They use it one year, or more. Then they stop using it on the next Gen of the same vehicle.
No rhyme or reason
>>
>>34291007

you are dumb.

i am dumb.

but for different reasons.

you for the lack of intelligence and social skills trolling for lonely replies from strangers.

me from reading your few desperate utternaces looking for attention.

all of us for being on 4chins.

that is all.
>>
>>34304067
>it'll get even worse when Seattle starts rolling in income tax

Dropped

I wanted to move to the Seattle area for my career, but fuck that if the city is that bad.
Thread posts: 178
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.