[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tourist in the states

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: 3912232408_0ff0b2764d_z.jpg (101KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
3912232408_0ff0b2764d_z.jpg
101KB, 500x336px
Hey /k/
I'm an Australian who wants to go on a holiday to the states.
I intend to do a lot of camping/hiking/driving around in a shitty truck.

Could anyone tell me the laws regarding a tourist purchasing or renting a firearm, something like a shotgun or rifle for wolves, coyotes, bear.
Then selling it off to a pawn store when I'm done and going to leave?
>>
>>34287891
You couldn't have googled this?
>>
>>34287891
Isis pls
>>
>>34287891
Illegal for a foreign tourist to possess a firearm in America.
>>
File: 175-21.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
175-21.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
you cant buy a firearm in the USA unless you are a citizen, however you can be in possession of a firearm on public lands if you are with a US citizen. by the way, check out norther Nevada, lots of public lands, can do whatever the fuck you want.
>>
>>34287891

you might be able to rent a gun at a touristy range, but theres no chance of getting to buy a gun or take a rented gun out of the facility.

Guns aint for tourists here
>>
>>34287918
bullshit you can hunt on public lands if your a foreigner you just have to be with a US citizen like a guide or something,
>>
>>34287909
>>34287917
>>34287918

Shit,
Alright, anyone know the laws on a tourist carrying a bow and arrows hiking?
>>
>>34287891
Black powder maybe?
>>
>>34287929
>>34287932
yea this guy has the right idea. you can just go to a local sporting goods store and buy a black powder gun. like a ball and cap revolver or a muzzle loading shotgun. this would be completely legal.

you could also probably get away with buying a shotgun or a rifle from someone private sell like armslist or something, however it wont be legal and if a cop catches you with it your fucked.
>>
>>34287929
bows and muzzle loaders are unregulated and anyone can buy them.
>>
>>34287891
You cannot purchase a weapon as a foreigner here on a temporary visa AFAIK. You can probably rent one from a gun range if you are staying in a free state.

Best way to go (if you're looking to own during your stay) is private purchase something cheap and to boating accident it before you leave. But no one on this board condones or endorses this in any way, and this is very not legal.
>>
>>34287983
Oh yeah and "Firearms made prior to 1900, firearms that do not use fixed ammunition, and reproductions of firearms made prior to 1900 which do not use fixed ammunition available in commercial trade" are not considered firearms.
>>
>>34287891
Unless you are going to Alaska, there is little need for a weapon to defend against wildlife. Sack up.
>>
>>34288025
He wants to go hunting, stupid.
>>
>>34288117
>He wants to go hunting

Where did he say that, jizzbeard?
>>
>>34287909
How is this enforced, and is there any way to get around it? I really need to get a gun.
>>
>>34288151

Just hijack a truck like your Jihadi comrades.
>>
>>34287909
>>34287917
>>34287918

If you have a hunting permit you can buy a gun as an alien in the US. It will have to be private sale though as you can't buy from an FFL without residency.
>>
>>34288151
The same way any law is, you dipshit.

If you get caught with one and you're not a citizen or permanent resident, you get arrested.
>>
>>34288151
>I really need to get a gun.

sure ya do
>>
>>34288025
>comes from Australia,
>known for it's deadly wildlife
>afraid of American wildlife
>>
File: knifey-spoony-2-752x501.png (402KB, 752x501px) Image search: [Google]
knifey-spoony-2-752x501.png
402KB, 752x501px
>>34287917
Oh man,
that place looks gorgeous.

Oh hey,
What about knives? What are the carry laws for knives, Machetes, Hatchets, that kind of stuff while camping?
>>
>>34288198
Okay. Also, I need to know the locations of some famous churches. Can you help me out?
>>
>>34288151
>How is this enforced

Two ways, 1:Any FFL holder will not sell to you without proof of residence and a background check, and 2:Concerning private sales; It is a crime punishable by up to 10 years in prison and/or a 50,000 dollar fine I believe, to sell a firearm to a person legally prohibited from owning one(IE any non citizen or non resident alien).
>>
In this thread, /k/ assists a terrorist in his preparations to assault a american church.
>>
>>34288236
Varies depending on what state you're in.
>>
>>34288323
i just want to come america and live cowboy american dream howdy pardner.
>>
>>34288174
Dealer shouldn't have an issue, you can pass question 18 on the 4473 providing you have a legally acquired hunting permit. Sadly it looks like in SC I'd need to wait until I have a green card before I could get a CCW permit.
>>
>>34288485
If you're absolutely hellbent on shooting a modern firearm and don't have access to American friends who will let you shoot their guns but you do have access to tools, then there's always the 80% lower option. In their uncompleted form an 80% lower isn't technically a firearm and thus can be purchased by anyone in a free state.

I wouldn't recommend this for you because a: manufacturing a firearm would be illegal for you, b: it's not something I would recommend unless you had firearm experience already, and c: manufacturing a firearm would be illegal for you.

If you want to shoot a gun just to experience the freedom of shooting a gun then go to a gun range and rent a gun. If you want to hunt then go black powder.
>>
>>34288198
Incorrect
>>
>>34288203
we have no

>bears, black, brown, polar or otherwise
>mountain lions, fuck those cunts
>coyotes, dingos come close but they are pussies
>Moose

We get hog, buffalo, and crocodiles as dangerous large animals

As for everything else large down under its a pussy.... We don't use shotguns to kill red backs spiders or jumping jacks
>>
Just snag a gun owning buddy in America to give you a tour. That way you can both run around with funs and he can steer you away from places that will get your ass arrested. Like New Jersey.
>>
File: 431.jpg (10KB, 223x349px) Image search: [Google]
431.jpg
10KB, 223x349px
>>34287891
>Could anyone tell me the laws regarding [...] renting a firearm [...] Then selling it off to a pawn store when I'm done and going to leave?

Sure, that's called theft, you retarded upside down bong.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.