[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Azbats from Metro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Metro_Azbats.png (478KB, 822x481px) Image search: [Google]
Metro_Azbats.png
478KB, 822x481px
The Azbats from the Metro series was a machine gun turned into shotgun. It was capable of semi and fully auto fire. In basics, it was a DShK 12.7mm cut down and bored to fit 12 gauge rounds. Now my question is, do you think it's possible to do this? Even through all the messy changes you'd have to make to the insides of the gun.
>>
File: DShK_isometric_M2033.png (25KB, 250x154px) Image search: [Google]
DShK_isometric_M2033.png
25KB, 250x154px
Comparison picture.
>>
>>34287796
Wouldn't you have to core out the barrel and remove the rifling if you weren't going to use sabot shells?
>>
>>34287796
Automatic shotguns are a thing

belt feeding 12 ga. shells? That might be a little more difficult, but not outside the realm of possibility.
>>
>>34287796
Possible, sure. But why?
>>
>>34287894

They did it because you were in literally the Metro tunnels of Russia, and most things were within 10-15 feet of you. For this reason, combined with the onslaught of massive vermin that would travel in packs, it made sense to use shotgun shells as opposed to 12.7mm rounds.
>>
>>34287858
>and bored to fit 12 gauge rounds
Yeah. Or they could use steel pipes for all it matters. Shotshells are relatively low pressure

>>34287880
Yeah from what I've read you would HAVE to use brass Shotshells because the action is too violent for regular shells when it comes to belt fed
>>
Yeah but for what purpose? It might have made sense back in 2010, but now that we know that factory built Saigas are common as muck in the metro, its just needlessly complicated and eclectic. Kind of like they could have made a simple STEN design or made use of the countless unusable AKs you find scattered around the Frontline level, but instead made a clip fed pepperbox SMG en masse. Or how they could have made a simple Striker-style revolving shotgun, but instead made an open-action recoil-operated Luger thing. Seems like the metro inhabitants survive on sheer dumb luck, they shouldn't have lasted this long.
>>
>>34287972
No, I mean why do it IRL? I played Metro plenty, comrade.
>>
File: IMG_20170618_002443.jpg (342KB, 1440x1378px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170618_002443.jpg
342KB, 1440x1378px
>>34287796
>>34287880
>>34288057
https://youtu.be/iX7vwivR6cE
>>
>>34288682
my fucking dick, yo
>>
>>34288459
>So you can have the gun from metro
>Fighting giant rats in subways is gonna be a thing eventually
>>
>>34288682
>DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA
>CYKA CYKA CYKA
>>
>>34287796
Abzats***
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.