[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

.38 Special rounds for.. /DERRINGER/ Thread!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

I have the cb-38 derringer by Cobra Arms and have read mixed reviews if I can shoot the 38sp shotshells out of it. I know it's a cheap little gun.

Thinking about these
>http://www.cci-ammunition.com/products/detail.aspx?loadNo=3738

or these
>http://www.cci-ammunition.com/products/detail.aspx?loadNo=3714CC

Also I guess
>/DERRINGER THREAD/
>>
bamp
>>
I do a lot of hiking and mushroom hunting and bought it as a snake gun. maybe there is a low grain shotshell i can use with it?
>>
File: 1497446629541.jpg (90KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1497446629541.jpg
90KB, 720x960px
last bump
>>
>>34286706
better off with a six shot so you can defend yourself decently against 2 legged creatures too.
>>
File: Cobra2.jpg (95KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Cobra2.jpg
95KB, 640x480px
>>34286969
yeah but I already own it. it was too cheap to pass up and after shooting it today i really like it, aside from the terrible accuracy.

the idea was to keep a shot shell in the top and a hallow point in the bottom. there arnt bears around me really, and the shotshell would scare off most animals anyways.

The shotshells for .38 special apparently dont fit in this gun i have. The little blue part at the end is a tiny big wider or something.

Im asking though because i only found one person claiming this. But i also couldnt find literally anyone else talking about using shotshells in this specific gun. But they are common to use in the Bond Arms derringers.

the one in pic related isnt the exact cb-38 i have. mine is the pink one and its newer
>>
135 gr gold dot +P "short barrel" rounds

You're welcome
And go get a real gun

/thread
>>
>>34287153
says i cant shoot +P in it.

I have many other guns..
>>
>>34287590
If you can cram the round in it's fine to shoot. If it's just the plastic bit catching on the rifling that's no big deal as it disintigrates when fired.
I've shot them out of mine.

One bit of unsolicited advice: heavy, all-lead projectiles seem to leave the barrel at a 30 degree angle every fucking time. Lighter (<90gr) jacketed rounds seem to go a little straighter, even if they are tumbling.
>>
>>34288049
For clarity sake, I meant to cite the OP. Do NOT cram +Ps in your Cobra Derringer. They will run snake shot just fine though. Just wear jeans cause that shit has a 270 degree spread.
>>
Derringers are gay
Get a Taurus Judge
>>
>>34288049
im shooting 130 grain, so ill try the 90's and see whats up
>>
>>34286414
uh
>>
>>34286414
not a bad idea for a super cheap snake gun
>>
File: bond_backup_bb.png (317KB, 570x359px) Image search: [Google]
bond_backup_bb.png
317KB, 570x359px
this seems like the right place to ask this. do any of you guys own a derringer with a powder coat on it? if so does it crack/flake or just fade? i'm curious how it wears with use or if i should just get the stainless steel.
>>
Centerfire works much better out of an almost non-existent barrel but if you're considering a derringer, I doubt price practicality or performance are concerns.
>>
>>34290710
bumping out of curiosity
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 400x300px
>>34286414
Why do people still buy these meme guns? They're literally the hi-points of the 19th century
>>
File: muh arm.jpg (273KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
muh arm.jpg
273KB, 1000x667px
>>34286414
I still want a derringer in .50 bmg
>>
>>34290836
Make one.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.