[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questionable M1 garand reveiver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: m1 rec.jpg (323KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
m1 rec.jpg
323KB, 2448x3264px
My gunstore called and said they had an M1 in for $900 so I said fuck it and decided to add another to my collection. Dumb ass me paid the down payment without even looking at the receiver manufacture marks. How bad are these receivers and should I ask for a refund or buy it and shoot the shit out of it since it's probably not worth anything.
>>
>/a/ stamped receiver
certified gay rifle
>>
It's an Israel Arms International (don't let the name fool you, the company was based in Texas and had no relation to IMI) commercial M1 made from a cast receiver and parts sourced from anywhere they could find, apparently. Not a lot of information out there, and what there is suggests that they aren't very good.

I would try to get my money back.
>>
>>34285609
My google fu is coming up with what >>34285704 is saying but some report they are mediocre and they are not built to usgi spec.
>>
>>34285704
Rip, might as well just keep it as a beater because I did get to test fire it and it's pretty accurate and went through 2 clips without problems.
>>
File: 1461548446070.jpg (43KB, 960x719px) Image search: [Google]
1461548446070.jpg
43KB, 960x719px
>>34285663
Might actually keep it for the novelty of having an m1 that looks like it's stamped /a/
>>
>>34285609
>/a/ brand Garand
HOLY FUCK I WANT ONE.
>>
>>34285727
Two magazines. You use the clip to load the internal magazine.
>>
>>34285837
yes, give the shitty cast commercial garands to the memesters and save the good ones for the rest of us
>>
>>34285869
An en bloc clip means the magazine is only a device to retain a clip.
Therefore, Guns like a Garand, a Carcano, M95 mannlicher, and anything else that uses an en bloc clip will run from a clip.
You put a clip in the gun and off you go.
If it was a Mauser or a gun that used stripper clips, you would put X number of clips worth off ammunition through a gun OR X number of magazines worth of ammunition through it.

Only when a firearm has no ability to use a clip directly from the clip to the magazine does it become a problem of clip versus mag.

Your autism cannot match my levels, pleb.
>>
>>34285869
you use an en-bloc clip which sits in the magazine until the last round is fired, so he's not wrong, and you're only half right.
>>
>>34285895
An en bloc clip houses the feed lips and cartridges.
The spring pressure is supplied by the gun.
Therefore the clip is the magazine, and because it is a clip you can say both clip and magazine when referring to a loading device in an en bloc fed weapon.
>>
>>34285895
>>34285919
Yeah what they said, Anyway, thanks dudes for giving me info on these receivers. Probably gonna keep it as a beater or if I need a spare part or something I can rob it off of that rifle. Plus it's pretty cheap for an M1 anyway so I don't mind.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.