[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Military College

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 25

File: riverside_header.jpg (170KB, 450x308px) Image search: [Google]
riverside_header.jpg
170KB, 450x308px
Hello, I started the thread here because it seems like the most appropriate for my topic. I will soon be going to a military college and would like to know if anyone here has any tips or advice on how to succeed at a military college/academy.
>>
>>34285498
If you can't figure that shit out on your own, how the fuck do you expect enlisted men, as I was, to ever call you Sir?
>>
>>34285816
Chill out, SSGT, I got this. Ask away but please, please, tell me which country first. I'll show my degree, class ring and shit if you're for real.
>>
>>34285829
To be specific I will be attending Texas A&M at College Station
>>
>>34285829
It's corporal, USMC. I was a 4 year man. BTW it's corporals who run midshipman into the dirt. It's gunnys who sit back and laugh.

>Serious

As a heart attack.
>>
File: usnauniformsblackandwhitepic.jpg (51KB, 560x442px) Image search: [Google]
usnauniformsblackandwhitepic.jpg
51KB, 560x442px
>>34285886
rah, my uncle was a San Diego Man in the early 70s. I'm a forum member on Terminal Lance since 2011. I play Dungeons and Dragons with a couple of Max U.'s personal friends from back in Hawaii.

OK Young man (or lady): You're American, that's good, that means you have informal resources and networks already available online. That's a good thing. What do you want to know about first?
>>
>>34285498
Study Hard.
Don't associate with bad apples.
Listen.
Follow orders.
Don't do drugs and stay away from alcohol.
Follow the rules like they are religion.
>>
>>34285948
Now THAT is a way to kill yourself before you even see a Commission scroll!

Kidding, those sound extremely harsh but they are technically the safest ways to go through it all. He's right. But I wouldn't have made it without dip, cigs and booze.
>>
>>34285926
Anything helps, anything that standard info doesn't tell you. How not to piss off the upperclassmen in charge of you, how to pass the white glove inspection, how to manage keeping up with the studies and corp of cadets activities, how to keep your uniform looking sharp? Anything helps
>>
File: custom2.jpg (56KB, 480x315px) Image search: [Google]
custom2.jpg
56KB, 480x315px
>>34285979
OK let's go one at a time and I'll see if I can think of other shit.

1. Upperclassmen: we're scum but deep down we're cool and we can't wait to GTFO and work for a living.... Most of us... the ones with the command positions, some of them are natural pricks. It's impossible to avoid. Mostly, be honest, volunteer for everything on your first week. and ALWAYS tell them the truth when being fucked with. If they have a brain they'll appreciate someone with the balls to stick to what they believe they should say. And take every BS punishment as a straight-up joke and use humor to power through it. Grow a sense of gallows humour, it's a lifesaver. Plus if you can't take a joke, GTFO right the fuck now and I'm not kidding. The military might be going SJW in the rules in garrison but I guarantee you that there is informal poetic justice among people who share the same rank.
>>
>>34285498
Don't trust the blacks. Never turn your back on them unless you really have to and make sure that they know who is the superior one.

On the first day you have to give them a look at disgust followed by 3days of ignoring or 3 meetings. You then act rudely to them while lying about the fights you were in your life.

Blacks are cowards and are easy to scare/impress. Don't worry if he jumps you a knife can take down the ape man even if he is on roids
>>
>>34285979
White Glove inspections: They get easier if you actually decide to take it semi-seriously and work at it. How easily you adapt to keeping your room clean, at that age, basically just comes down to how you were raised, really
>>
File: Class of 2013 c-M.jpg (155KB, 600x446px) Image search: [Google]
Class of 2013 c-M.jpg
155KB, 600x446px
>>34285979
3. Balancing your time between mil. activities and studying.... that's gonna suck balls, depending on your major. If you're any kind of deep engineering (aerospace, electrical, mech, etc.) prepare to struggle at least somewhat. You WILL NOT SLEEP. sometimes for days at a time. by "NOT SLEEP" I don't mean litteral motherfucking zero either, duh
>>
>>34285926
Yoss?
>>
>>34286092
>>34286120
>>34286121
Thanks, I don't like the fact that the military is going SJW. I am expecting to get roasted a lot and I don't mind because I'm willing to put up with it because that's how men are made. I just wanted to get advice or anything different that the civilian education system doesn't have.
>>
>>34285979
4. Keeping uniforms clean: You're a parade prop/toy for the school. They'll dress you up in like 18 different ways, each of them with their own 18 different declinations. Use NORMAL PEOPLE THINGS. These things are wool, cotton and polyester... don't think you need to reinvent the sewing machine. Scissors/lighters for stray fabric, lint roller sticky things and lint brushes. Invest in a high quality 50$ + iron and a sturdy ironing board. Learn to use both and keep several spares of cushions/fabric sheath for the board. NEVER get black shoe polish on ANYTHING that you will end up putting an iron and fabric to. That means the fucking ironing board, asshole. ;)

If your boots are all corframs and suede, love life.
>>
File: MJ14_Page_075_01.jpg (116KB, 1109x878px) Image search: [Google]
MJ14_Page_075_01.jpg
116KB, 1109x878px
>>34286195
You're going to, lierally, some of the most SJW parts of the military. Mil Academies are feeling quite fucked up and more irrelevant every year as interest in attending sometimes actually diminishes for some schools. It's not 1850 anymore. Anybody can get a BA or BS and be a decent officer if they learn their proper job well.
>>
File: as_for_class.jpg (22KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
as_for_class.jpg
22KB, 300x450px
>>34286163
Nah brah, it's MP the kid from Montreal
>>
File: Dope_Skull.png (702KB, 1472x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Dope_Skull.png
702KB, 1472x2048px
Any more topics I can help you with? Basically it's nothing you can't adapt to within a month if you're a flexible person who's willing to learn and accept they've been taught wrong about A LOT so far in their young life.
>>
File: 8728103_orig.png (435KB, 625x309px) Image search: [Google]
8728103_orig.png
435KB, 625x309px
Anything else? If I'm too vague and shit just tell me. I don't have shit to do until 9 PM (2100)
>>
I replied twice to the same question, that takes talent
>>
>>34286351
>>34286335
Thanks. How about academics? How do you keep up with all the studies with a full time schedule and still have time for corps activities? I always wanted to attend a military academy, this is my only chance and I don't want to fail miserably.
>>
File: usnamarineandnavycadets.jpg (47KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
usnamarineandnavycadets.jpg
47KB, 600x400px
>>34286498
I don't give a fuck what people say, being successful at academics will do wonders for your morale. Some of your teachers might even be civilians, take it and appreciate it. You will deal with civilians as an officer at some point, more than likely. Also, your good marks can be a lifeline, don't ever shunt them aside. They are your number one priority if you want to fly under the radar and also not create useless anxiety for yourself. Pick a major you're good at, study in groups if your friends are serious. Mine were shit so I did almost everything on my own or with a Cadet GF I had for a while.
>>
File: sleep-final_1_orig.png (201KB, 1100x558px) Image search: [Google]
sleep-final_1_orig.png
201KB, 1100x558px
Honestly as someone who's going to a SMC this is the advice I can get you

1.Don't be a shitbag
2.You don't need sleep
3.Don't be a mototard who fucks up people in your own class
4.Get fit while your there.
5.DO NOT DATE FEMALE CADETS
6. Actually participate in cadet activities and don't skate through, be the best you can be and don't be a ghost cadet.
7. You don't need sleep, dip will become your friend
8. Take advantage of the resources at your school, military colleges are a breeding ground for SOF officers or other hard to get jobs in the military.
9. Military colleges are what you make of it.
10. ACADAMICS.

Also one last thing, military colleges are a place were you can meet some of greatest people you can ever meet and were you can find friends of a life time. Be a social cadet.
>>
>>34286629
If don't sleep with at least one girl cadet who outranks you, you haven't fucking lived my friend
>>
>>34286663
Ok chad.
>>
>>34286675
I'm not ashamed to say that hit on two WestPoint girls who were on the mule-riding team. They seemed willing but the conversation was interrupted. Then I drank underage at the firsties club with a bunch of other foreigners visiting
>>
Unless it's USMA you're wasting your time. Nobody knows the difference between a shitty academy like Texas A&M or Citadel and a Podunk ROTC program at your local college.

People (especially enlisted) only see three types of commissioning sources: ROTC, OCS, and West Point. Do yourself a favor and get the full college experience through a normal college and go through their ROTC program.

Also, enlist in the national guard as an SMP cadet, start your pay date sooner and get money for sitting around all weekend doing nothing
>>
Thank you all for your advice. I'll take notes on this. If you got additional advice please let me know. Thanks again, I'm grateful for your advice
>>
I am in AFROTC, so i can offer a few bits of advice, though my experience is a lot more relaxed than yours will be:
1. Academics are super important. Study hard and get the best grades you possibly can. That should be your number one priority.
2. Physical fitness should be your second priority. A friend of mine in ROTC went to the Air Force academy for a semester and said he was consistently so bored he would lift/run/workout everyday, and he came back to ROTC fucking jacked.
3. Dont date other cadets. Just don't, it creates problems. Most of the female cadets I've worked with are not very fuckable anyway, but there's always a few attractive ones. Avoid banging them and only bang non-cadets from nearby schools.
4. Don't just skate by quietly, make yourself stand out (in a good way) by volunteering for stuff. Dont over do it, but step up when you can.
5. Dont prioritize sleep or Netflix over anything.
6. Dont act like you're superior to everyone once you commission, the stereotype among enlisted and ROTC people is that academy grads are douchebags. Don't fit that stereotype.
>>
>>34286663
You haven't lived until you slept with a AF Colonels daughter (even though she slept with a lot of cadets).

Also yeah you'll get some weird stories at a military college. Trust me on this one
>>
>>34286719
Don't listen to all these queers my son, I graduated from my country's retarded federal service academy and met some amazing people there. So what if you sleep with a few of them? Dating is dating, it's something that happens among young people who care about each other. The other Cadet I dated, we were very much in love and I was the one who dumped her. I don't have any regrets other than maybe dumping her. See what I mean, she was a good person and I'm very happy for the time we shared. We helped each other grow. Yeah we fucked. A lot. In uniform sometimes. So what?

Fuckin' American protestantism all up in this
>>
File: 30concussions3-master675.jpg (67KB, 675x451px) Image search: [Google]
30concussions3-master675.jpg
67KB, 675x451px
>>34286764
Major dad is the highest I rated, brother, you did good
>>
>>34285498
>Implying anyone on this board has gone to college.
>Implying anyone on this board has joined a military.
>Implying anyone on this board owns a gun.
>Implying that most of this board doesn't use Starbucks for their internet access for their phones.
>>
>>34287729
Say that to my face and not online and see what happens, I'm trained in gorilla warfare!
>>
>>34285948
ahahahahahahahhahahahaha.
>>
>>34285948
Fuck this guy
Only way to have fun is to hang out with the fun cadets, all of whom party the hardest and make the most of what little free time they have.
It's college. Have fun while you can, this is the only opportunity you'll have to be almost completely free from most worldly responsibilities while enjoying freedom.

T. University of North GA
>>
File: 1482168781644.png (89KB, 431x503px) Image search: [Google]
1482168781644.png
89KB, 431x503px
>>34285856
Jesus Christ.
I'm a current junior at Texas A&M, and for the love of God please don't come here with the attitude you've shown here in this thread.

If you act like a nerdy JROTC kid we're going to haze the everloving shit out of you.
>>
>>34289817
I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here and assuming he's just being polite and reserved in the way he's talking
>>
>>34286764
I fucked my old CMCs daughter who's a stripper
>>
>>34285498
how to succeed at a military college/academy

>cup the balls
>stroke the shaft
>work the pipe
>swallow the gravy
https://youtu.be/YgU0YytQVbs
>>
>>34290916
what's a CMC in America? Commandant of the Marine Corps? Probably not....
>>
>>34290996
Command Master Chief I think
>>
>>34291069
senior Navy SNCO rank? I was Army so it makes sense I didn't recognize it
>>
>>34285498
>I will soon be going to a military college
Fuck that noise. I'm a state university fag and couldn't imagine having to do military shit in college. Rather wait till after but good on you for knowing what you wanna do. I see ROTC dudes in my class and they all look like they hate life.
>>34285948
That sounds awful.
>>
File: Sergeant Major Sixta - manlet.jpg (36KB, 636x476px) Image search: [Google]
Sergeant Major Sixta - manlet.jpg
36KB, 636x476px
>>34290916
>senior enlisted is a fuckup and has fuckup kids
Very surprising
>>
>>34289817
Thanks. To reinforce what you've said yes I was in JROTC and even served as the battalion commander of my unit. But was I a nerdy JROTC kid? of course not. I never cared about the fruit salad in my chest. I did earned medals and awards but my priority was to make the program a fun experience for me and the other cadets. The reason I'm asking these questions is because I want to enjoy the experience and make the best out of it. I'm not going with the mentality to be so fuckin boot or get so may medals that I'll look like a latin American dictator. Again I simply want to have fun and enjoy the experience but at the same time I want to succeed and respect the corp. I hope you understand my point.
>>
Dont go to Valley Forge Military College
>>
>>34292139
I am not going there but why do you say that?
>>
File: parade.jpg (26KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
parade.jpg
26KB, 450x300px
>>34292078
>yes I was in JROTC and even served as the battalion commander of my unit.
Scrub all of that shit from your facebook if you have one. If JROTC brought up laugh at yourself, nobody cares about what you did. The fact you mentioned it isn't a good start.

My advice after four years of hazing myself.
>find good roommates, they will make or break the experience
>study
>lift
>your platoon is one body, don't be a buddy fucker
>embrace the hazing
>get involved in a club sport or activity asap
>go out every now and then, being a barracks body sucks
>if you do go out always have a battle buddy that will carry your sorry ass back to barracks
>show up ready to work, it sucks but you chose this life
>alumni network, use it
>don't be a sheed fucker
>listen to the NCOs, they are a wealth of knowledge
>learn the difference between false motivation and actual motivation

Pic related.
>>
>>34292287
Yes I was told that in advanced by other cadets when I visited the campus and I'm glad about that. I have seen how other "Nerdy" JROTC cadets are already scrubbing their jrotc stuff on the facebook group. Only reason I mentioned it is because you brought it up. However I'm not your usual JROTC cadet, I never forced other cadets to salute me or address me by my rank because I actually didn't like it, I encouraged them to talk to me like a friend because we are simply cadets and this is not the military. Again I hope you understand my point and thanks for the advice.
>>
>>34292384
>However I'm not your usual JROTC cadet, I never forced other cadets to salute me or address me by my rank because I actually didn't like it, I encouraged them to talk to me like a friend because we are simply cadets and this is not the military. Again I hope you understand my point and thanks for the advice.
Good. Now never mention it again and assimilate into your new life with your classmates. They will be some of the best friends you will ever make. Going to and SMC was the best decision I made with my life as of yet.
>>
>>34292139
I only know through a friend that went there before switching to my CMC, it's just lots of retarded hazing and very little productive training and leadership as far as the corps was concerned. He hated it.
>>
>>34292407
And now that you mention it, is there "nerdy" cadets in the corp? If so how do you avoid them? That's one of the things I'm a bit curious because just like you are mention it I don't get along with those types of cadets either and in a few occasions almost got in trouble for arguing with them.
>>
Vmi alumni here, currently an O2(p).

Get drunk as fuck, and have relations with as many chicks (or dudes if you're into that shit) and have the best life you can. Do as little military as possible.

Because once you're in honestly everything you learned was wrong. You'll work ridiculous hours and you'll burn yourself out. No point in showing up to your first day all ready to quit.
My post has an over 35% turnover rate for officers.

Honestly: pt, get drunk, fuck bitches, graduate with whatever GPA you want, and don't complain like a little bitch. No one likes the guy who is always complaining, and if you just make it a habit now then your platoon won't think you're a bitch either. That's the next 4 years.
>>
File: IMG_0476.jpg (53KB, 833x487px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0476.jpg
53KB, 833x487px
>>34292384
>>34292448
Goddam you're a fucking autistic nerd.
>>
>>34292456
Thanks. I dislike how civilians are trying to turn the military into SJW, now drill instructors have to watch out how they even punish soldiers/cadets. I remember when I was in summer camp and some males decided to clog the toilet and trash the restroom. When the instructors found out they smoked the shit out of us, we had to push the floor and even got yelled and got told a few bad words and then had to unclog the toilet with our bare hands because of a few assholes. I laughed about it later but I also heard the instructors almost got in trouble because cadet command had passed a law/rule that you cannot drop cadets anymore. I hope dog mattis fixes this shit because the military is not a place for pussies.
>>
>>34292476
>>
>>34292384
Please like what everyone else forget you were a JROTC cadet now, my rat roommate was a JROTC Nazi and I wanted to punch that kid in the face many-many times. He would always bitch and complain about AF PT and how the new fitness officer made things too "hard" while I'd always advocate for harder PT so the AF stops becoming the laughing stock of the corp. It was a good day when he was surprised he didn't get any cadet leadership positions

>>34292448
There's lots of nerds in SMC's, I would also say SMC's are a breeding ground for nerds too. Once I arrived at VMI I was surprised at the amount of people playing magic the gathering, WH40K or being closet weebs. Hell I even found a slavaboo in the mix. Their may be a few degenerates in the mix but they'll be lovable ones.
>>
Just be lazy like me and go NFO OCS :^)
>>
>>34292791
Are you signed up for OCS or already comissioned? Not OP, but I have some questions.
>>
>>34294674
shoot
>>
>>34294727
What community do you want to end up with? How come you chose NFO over pilot? What degrees do officer recruiters like to see candidates with?
>>
>>34294745
>first one?
>my uncorrected vision was too bad to be a pilot, still pay for my to get a pilot license
>I was a mechanical engineer, was looking at NUPOC, but recruiter told me that it was for spergs who suck at talking and the upward mobility is shit (we're still friends.
>>
>>34294745
Eh, having an engineering background is a plus btw, also you can have a lower GPA and still be competitive btw
>>
>>34294773
Community as in aircraft community. VFA, VP, VAQ, etc.
>>
>>34294795
>VP
Oh VAW
>>
>>34286154
This.

Calculus 3 and Engineering Math kicked my ass.
>>
>>34294878
Diff Eg. 2 sucked ass
>>
>>34285948
you sound like a faggot

>zed

never mind you already know
>>
>>34292525
>military is not a place for pussies
this, even as a civilian, I know this is 100% the truth. Not everyone deserves to serve, especially if they bitch about getting converted into soldiers
>>
>>34285498
>dat pic
>token white guy
RIP America.
>>
>>34295553
but there are 3 white people there...
>>
>>34292078
>Thanks. To reinforce what you've said yes I was in JROTC and even served as the battalion commander of my unit. But was I a nerdy JROTC kid? of course not. I never cared about the fruit salad in my chest. I did earned medals and awards but my priority was to make the program a fun experience for me and the other cadets. The reason I'm asking these questions is because I want to enjoy the experience and make the best out of it. I'm not going with the mentality to be so fuckin boot or get so may medals that I'll look like a latin American dictator. Again I simply want to have fun and enjoy the experience but at the same time I want to succeed and respect the corp. I hope you understand my point.

We're going to haze you if you act like this.
Remove any reference to JROTC from your facebook, instagram, etc...
We hate JROT kids and they don't do well here.

What outfit are you trying to join?
This matters a lot.
>>
>>34292384
>I'm not your usual JROTC cadet, I never forced other cadets to salute me or address me by my rank because I actually didn't like it,
You didn't have a rank or a right to a salute.
And you won't at A&M either.

Stop with this pussy ass high-school mentality.
>>
Try the Federal Military Academies. If you don't get into those try The Citadel, VMI, and possibly Texas A&M.

The Citadel, has gone hill in the past 4 years in regards to hazing and political correctness. VMI hasn't taken such a dramatic hit. All the other ones are fucking gay. Oh yea the Citadel is in Charleston witch is fucking amazing, VMI is in the middle of the woods.

There is also normal ROTC but then you have to deal with SJWs and (((leftist))) professors but then again you get to drink and bang chicks when ever you want.

I wouldn't give up my time at The Citadel for anything. You make friends and connections for life. The Alumni network is amazing and holds unspeakable power in the local and state government (also SCNG).It's also some what prolific in the Active Military.

Ask me anything about el Cid.
>>
>>34292078
You gon get hazed
>>
File: 1428245464809.jpg (64KB, 538x482px) Image search: [Google]
1428245464809.jpg
64KB, 538x482px
>>34297853
you must be one of those faggots that actually enjoy hazing people.

I'm not impressed.

You want to get kinky with other men, you should have joined the navy.
>>
>>34286629
>As someone who does not yet have personal experience on the subject here is my advice
Lol, at least you'll fit in well with that shitty attitude.
>>
>>34285856

Was in the Fightin' Texas Aggie Band back in '05. Focus on your fucking academics and do what you have to to keep out of trouble in Cadetland. You'll find too quick that Aggie shit does NOT translate well to the actual military, and most of the vets that lived on campus despised us because we were seen as nothing but a big fucking frat. If you're serious about staying to the end and going contract, I'd consider doing a Simultaneous Military Enrollment Program and hooking up with a guard or reserve unit. Your ROTC time should be able to count for drills if you're not willing to drive out from Bryan/College Station when needed, but do well to get real training beyond the Cadet stuff. First couple years were nothing but folding clothes, shining brass, boots, LQs, sinks, and floors, and memorizing campusologies lest we get smoked for every little thing. Either way, remember you need to finish your degree because one day you'll face getting a civilian job. Just my 2 cents on the matter.
>>
>>34298392
BQs shouldn't give advice, he's asking about real cadets.
>>
>>34298400

Quit trying to be red ass, turd.
>>
>>34298411
But seriously, if he's wanting to contract or do SMP he probably won't be "shinning shoes and brass" for the first two years, that's mostly just band/D&C outfit stuff.
If he's serious about the military he'll join a contract-based outfit and won't deal with 90% of the Corps games.

Most of modern-day third brigade replaced tri-weekly outfit training times/smoke sessions with EPW training and practicing battle drills.
Almost every single cadet in B-2 and D-1 are contracted and that's almost all they do.
(Aside from D-1's crazy spider shit and the Boozer's drinking problems)
>>
>>34298098
*Someone who is at a SMC or is a Cadet at a SMC

Just a cadet at VMI don't mind me.
>>
>>34298459

Things have gotten better in the last 12 years.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.