[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First shotgun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1489193161108.jpg (70KB, 870x674px) Image search: [Google]
1489193161108.jpg
70KB, 870x674px
I'm in the market for my first shotgun I was thinking about a 590a1 but mossberg qc seems to have gone down the shitter just like Remington with their 870s even the police models. And bros here have another option that has good qc and a 18.5 in barrel?
>Inb4 UTS-15....
Pic unrelated for the most part
>>
>>34284009
never had a problem with my 590a1 but it was a police trade in and was already broken in(abused).

I think if you want to be a bit of a shotgun hipster and not spend $1000 then an Ithaca 37 would be right up your alley.
>>
File: IMG_1927.jpg (570KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1927.jpg
570KB, 2048x1536px
>>34284080
>forgot pic

Also what kind style are you going for? Practical tactical, fudd's delight, or straight Gucci gearqueer?
>>
I like Winchester's offerings, they seem to have a good mix of features and shit but I can't comment on their modern QC, It's better than R*mington I can tell you that. Mossberg isn't too bad these days, I personally would consider the 590A1 if I had the money but I ended up buying a nonexistant name in the US. I don't particularly care for Mossberg's lockup mechanism either. Get yourself something cool like a Winchester SXP or a Benelli Nova.
>>
>>34284104
More of a plain shotgun for home defense, traditional stock and forend but I want it synthetic with an 18.5 in barrel. I was looking at YouTube and forums and people were having fit and finish issues with rust in the chamber and, front posts being crooked. Granted these were articles and videos from 2013-2015 perhaps tines have changed
>>
>>34284162
I'll be sure to look at Winchester and benelli models but their look didn't interest me too much. Maybe they'll grow in me though.
>Inb4 function over looks
I get it bros if it comes down to it
>>
>>34284009
I have an 870 express mag 20", purchased new circa 2006...extractor broke off around 3 years later, had to send it to the factory for repair. In hindsight I'd have been better off with a used police mag from back when they built them well. I agree with a model 37 suggested earlier as well. A new mossberg would be worth a shot honestly given that they're just what you're lookin for.
>>
>>34284414
*Ejector. I have major dyslexia with this part of gunatomy.
>>
>>34284414
Yeah I'm leaning towards mossberg but I'm also in California and have an Arizona license. I need to go to reno to buy it and I don't want to make the trip only to have the brand new gun all fucked up. I'll do more research for sure I appreciate your income
>>
>>34284490
Input*
Phone posting becuase out with family
>>
CA fag here. I bought a 590 A1 last year and have had zero problems with it. Slugs, 00 and bird cycle beautifully. Got the 18.5" version, but if I had to do it over I'd go for the 20" for extra mag capacity and bayonet mount.
>>
>>34287133
Been meaning to say this. 18.5 sounds like the golden number but the 20" model is SLIGHTLY, unnoticeably longer and has the ability to use a full length tube that could add one whole extra round. I would definitely get a 20" model given the choice
>>
>>34284490
I have three Mossberg 500s, they're all fine. They can get a scratch on the inside of the receiver where the bolt rubs up against it, but that's just normal wearing in. They're good to go, and you can get new ones for under $300 right now.
>>
>>34287184
And fuck, >>34287769 here, I meant to respond to this too.

Unless you plan on SBRing the 18.5" so the barrel meets the mag tube, you might as well get the 20" since the barrel is just as long as the mag tube. The only downside to the 20" one is you can't easily get a second barrel for clay shooting or hunting like you can with the 18.5" model.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.