[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

308 AR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

I was looking for a .308 in AR platform. Do you guys have any recommendations? Respect if its cheap, but that doesn't' matter for the most part.
Was thinking of building from aero precision?
>>
DPMS used to make shit AR-15's but really good .308's. Not sure if that's true anymore because it seems like after certain happenings everyone was pushed to put out product and quality went down.
>>
the .308 AR market is nearly as "compatible" as its 5.56 brothers.
a LR 308 base (aero precision, dpms, lmt) is your best bet for a build. I would recommend finding a full built one or at least complete upper that matches a stripped lower receiver.
>>
>>34280011
Well the only experience I have with a 308 armalite style rifle is my colt le901.
It's not cheap, and it has proprietary parts so not really something you'd want in shtf, but mine runs like a top and is proving to be much more accurate than I am.
With all the parts and what not available these days I'd build one on a common platform if I was you.
>>
>>34280011
if you have no budget, the sr-25 is the best 308 ar on the market
if u don't want to spend 4.2k on a 308 AR platform, dpms makes good ones that are ~1000
you can also go with a PTR, which are pretty accurate and also ~800 (but not as good as a dpms)
>>
>>34280011
explain to me the uses of a 16 inch carbine 308. Been seeing a lot of them lately.

Hogs?
Do people accurize them?

I wouldn't mind getting one since psa is very affordable these next 4 years.
>>
My aero precision M5 was 3x more expensive than a standard ar-15.

Also there are like 5 fucking patterns to big boy ar's dpms 1 dpms 2 Armalite 1 Armalite 2 and Armalite post 2012
>>
>>34280011
I wanted to build but after seeing that like nobody built I bought 100% complete
>>
>>34281387
just spouting what I've heard, but do your research on psa's .308s. I've heard some negative things about them.
>>
>everybody has their own little difference regarding the 308 AR
>Many still suggest getting built upper and complete lower to be on safe side
>No military wide adoption in sight to put standardization to rest

Shit, I might as well just buy a PTR/FAL for the different stroke of flavor and a SCAR17 vs. SR-25
>>
That non-/k/ approved YouTuber really likes his S&W MP10.
>>
>>34280011
I just bought a full 80% kit for heap.

The forward assist on the dpms upper doesn't work, but other than that it looks solid
>>
>>34281844
What negative things?
I'm just curious if there's any inherent issues with ar10s
>>
Currently building an Aero. Without optics it's going to cost just over $1000. It will do what I want it to and it won't weigh 20lb, so some of the parts I picked add to that cost. You could easily get away for less if you wanted quality but sub $1000 cost. Aero partnered with Brownell's and offers a OEM rifle kit that is often around $800 (needs rail and stock).
>>
File: Love.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Love.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>34281542
You need to stop talking about 'patterns'. You dont know what you are talking about.

>>34281865
You get matched upper and lower as a set for accuracy. The 308AR game isnt ar15 plug and play easy.
>>
>>34281865
To be fair; no gun is as easy to put together as the ar15
>>
>>34280011
Go to thunder tactical and get a whole rifle with an 80% lower for $520 with the discount.
Finish the lower and you've got yourself an Ar-10
>>
File: Maten 308.jpg (538KB, 3214x1568px) Image search: [Google]
Maten 308.jpg
538KB, 3214x1568px
>>34280011
If you plan on building your own you can't go wrong with Mega or Aero.

If you want to buy, LMT or KAC if you have more money than sense.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.