[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vepr 12 problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (83KB, 777x255px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 777x255px
So recently I got a Vepr 12 because I'd like a semi auto 12g mag fed shotgun and the fimegroup was having a promotion/rebate.
Today was the time I shot it, around 200 rounds of Winchester 3 dram bird shot with the aluminum base.
No jams whatever.
I smoothed out all the context points in the gun with some 1000 grain sand paper and also worked the bolt 200 times before I shot and I lived it up with oil and moly grease.

The problem I have is that the stock is loose and creaky. You can move It just a little bit from side to side and there is a very audible creak to it. Another thing is that the magwell is also just light lightly loose and the mag doesn't pop out like it used to. Before I had shot it today I had hit the mag release and the magazine would spring from the magwell a good 6 inches. Now it doesn't at all. Also the bolt release is very stiff.
Anyone know why this might be?

Also while at the range I collected a whole bag of brass. Must weight like 10 pounds, maybe more.
Lots of 9mm and 30-06 and 223 and some 45 and 30-30.
Collected every seen piece of brass I could.
>>
>>34280005
>Issues
Is pic the same weapon you have?
>Brass vulture
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
>>
>>34280045
Yes. Same model except longer barrel, 22.5 vs 18.5.

Lol there was this group of people at the range and there was this mother and daughter.
The daughter was like 9 and at the pistol range shooting a co2 powered BB gun. 9mm brass EVERYWHERE and I picked it all up. I was crawling on my knees around the booths picking it up and I think the little girl was a bit annoyed by that.
I would have also gotten some lead out of the dirt mounds but it rained earlier and it was wet.

This is a public outdoor range.
>>
>>34280005
try not to use CLP or thin lubricant on AKs, they really love thicker stuff like LSA and run noticably smoother

re-attach the stock with some glue/loctite

no idea with the magwell but it's probably due to it being an actual mag-well with looser tolerances made for easier reloading. wouldnt worry about it unless it affects feeding
>>
There should be two screws in the vepr stock - one in the "pistol grip" area, and then one right above where the slant connects. Make sure they're tight. They have a tendency to loosen while firing.

Long term I'd recommend just replacing the stock unless you like the thumbhole.
>>
>>34280082
I was using this automotive thick moly grease with some vegetable oil.

Why is it moving from side to side and creaking though? Is the wood where the screws go in damaged?
I could just switch this out to a tubular stock or a side sold at but I really like the rubber back padding on this stock plus don't want to spend 200 extra on it.
I'd like the stock to last indefinitely.

What about the mag issue? Used to basically spring out and not it doesn't.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.