[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pistol Shooting Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Ruger_SR9c_07.jpg (1MB, 2329x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Ruger_SR9c_07.jpg
1MB, 2329x1800px
Buddy of mine just bought one of these about a month ago as his first handgun.
Gun is fine in my hands, but he is hitting squat. Is a good shot with his rifle though.
Three range trips, and about 400 rounds through it.
Always hitting left hard/ missing the target a bunch/ is taking to advice but nothing is seeming to help.
Is considering giving up shooting it and letting it go since he feels he is just blowing money away missing a paper target at about 18 yards.
Any advice /k/?
Our club has a pistol league should he go there and ask?
>>
>>34279839
his hands shake or he simply doesnt understand how to use the sights. other cause could be eye dominance.
>>
>>34279839
18 yards = 54 feet, starting closer is a good tip i think alot of basic practice is at like 7 yards,fire slower , try aiming with the other eye;he may have cross dominance in the eye, and maybe try different ammo?
>>
>>34280057
i have cross dominance as well as being nearsighted ,i was never meant to target shoot;yet i persevere.
>>
>>34280057
Hands are steady enough from the looks of it no severe oscillation of the firearm upon pulling the trigger either. I think he understands how to use the sights since we also went over that.

>>34280062
At about 30 feet had the same issue. Have tried Winchester steel case/ federal American eagle/ Winchester brass. All target ammo of course, the win brass did the worst.
>>34280072
Will bring it up to try and focus on the left I guess? Not really sure what advice to give there since I'm right hand, and right eye dominant.
>>
>>34280062
My bad for the double reply. The reason for 18 yards is because that is the distance I learned to shoot handguns, and felt it helped more than hurt.
>>
>>34279839
Stand facing wall, arm outstretched with gun maybe an inch or two away. Dry fire. Look for flinch. May not be buch, but at 18 yards, it would be enough to miss target.

Also check grip of support (opposite) hand.
>>
>>34280239
Thanks a lot. If he works on left hand/ wrist lock and shoots better would that possibly rule out his trigger finger? I know it is a what if question, I just have seen that his trigger finger has improved.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.