[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /k/ think of the Coast Guard?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: file.png (1MB, 800x689px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 800x689px
What does /k/ think of the Coast Guard?
>>
Small, very professional, shoots Mexicans.

What's not to love.
>>
>>34278357
Great option if you want a secure job out of high school and want part of college payed for if you don't want the chance of fighting for politicians.
>>
File: 1075076.jpg (391KB, 2100x1620px) Image search: [Google]
1075076.jpg
391KB, 2100x1620px
>>34278357
Other than the fact their entire armament consists of one shotgun that they all have to share one at a time, they're pretty dope.

Who doesn't want to conduct drug busts?
>>
It's awesome. Been in for four months now. Basic is pretty rough but if you're not a total autist you can get through it. Feels good to be a part of a life saving service.
>>
>>34278522
Sabine pass is gayyy
>>
>>34278377
it's still bigger than most of world's navies
>>
Coastie veteran here. I miss the Guard.
>>
>>34278357
Im in the CG glad someone remembered we exist.
we have the highest retention rate out of any armed service so their doing something right, I know alot of people from other services that have switched over.
get all the benefits of being in the military with out going to the middle east unless you put in for it
>>
>>34279880
This, the Navy's little sister is a great gig.
>>
>>34278357
How well are you able to accept cock into your ass? You are joining the weak beta bitch service of the armed services.
>>
>>34279919
Implying you don't take a massive black cock every night anon.
>>
>>34279880
>with out going to the middle east unless you put in for it
What do they even do over there? Just port security and customs kinda shit?
>>
>>34279919
>be REAL man and die for israel like ME
>>
>>34280337
We have a base in Bahrain with a few ships. we work closely with the Navy patrolling around, boarding suspicious ships, port security and s couple combat ready land units.
>>
>>34278851
>Coastie veteran

Oxymoron if I've ever heard one.
>>
File: coast guard.png (3MB, 1954x890px) Image search: [Google]
coast guard.png
3MB, 1954x890px
>>34278357

most un-asthetic uniforms, its like a combo of the chair force and the gayvy
>>
File: staticviewlift-a.akamaihd.net.jpg (218KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
staticviewlift-a.akamaihd.net.jpg
218KB, 1200x800px
>>34278435
>this

>>34278489
>this is true, but you forget we also train people in hand to hand combat to peaceful fight sea creatures

>>34278522
So newfag, what A school list you on?
>>
File: whale.png (1MB, 1278x890px) Image search: [Google]
whale.png
1MB, 1278x890px
>>
File: Thad Allen.jpg (74KB, 625x960px) Image search: [Google]
Thad Allen.jpg
74KB, 625x960px
>>34278357
The Greatest Commandant Ever!!!! Wish he was still at the helm.
>>
>>34278489
>one shotgun

no

op cg = great
>>
So anons, I'm thinking of joining the U.S. Coast Guard. I have a bachelors from a 4 year college in Criminal Justice, so I could sign up for Officer Candiate School.

I talked to a recruiter, who told me getting into OCS is difficult and a lot of waiting. Next OCS class would be in Januray of 2018.

He recommended me to go enlisted and transfer to OCS whenever I decided to. He said that most OCS candidates are enlisted. How easy is it to go from enlisted to officer? I heard in the Navy its almost impossible.

Is this true anons? Should I stay and wait for OCS or sign up as an enlisted?

I'm looking at the boatswain's mate rating, so any tips or stories are welcomed.
>>
>>34278357
As a former army dude, I think the coast guard gives the best return on investment of any service branch. Everybody else is just practicing until war, but the coast guard is out there every day doing what the fuck they're supposed to be doing.

If I had it to do over, I would have gone coast guard and got in their SAR program and have done something useful like saving dumb ass boaters and ships, as opposed to shooting brown people for Jews and politicians.
>>
>>34283624
>How easy is it to go from enlisted to officer?

It's not.

It's not impossible, by any means, but it's still a pain in the ass.

The officer corps like their officers young and dumb so they don't question shit as much. Older LT's that have had time in service aren't as gullible or naive, and are far more willing to correct a dumb fucking decision made by their commanders, which they don't like.
>>
>>34278357
>>34278357
An important service that does an important job but always gets the short end of the budget stick
>>
>>34283010
I want a pic of a cg fighting a octopus
>>
File: octo.jpg (166KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
octo.jpg
166KB, 1024x576px
>>34283624
>>34283679

It depends, if you go reserved they might still be giving out the direct petty officer commission for ME, which is instant e4, but if you want to go OCS, you would need to put in a packet. Its not all that difficult, but the competition is there especially for certain fields.

Be advised though, if that is what you want, you will be an equal to a 21y/o service academy grad. As enlisted responsibility and bullshit is not so high, better off being enlisted Boarding officer and then getting LEO billets.

MK ET OS DC and CS all get nice signing bonuses right now and I think there is a 2k signing bonus just for joining

you can be LEO as both enlisted and officer, since it is a collateral. the only difference is enlisted do one similar job, but officers need to cross train on different positions to diversify job capabilities (you might be the engineering or deck officer on a boat because the CG said so) also officer advancement is getting tougher, because it is being streamlined for bonus points to get people to go into certain specialty fields for needs of the service instead of all officers being held as officers.

>>34283778
here is actuall image of a cg fighting a octopus
>>
>>34283679
>>34283964
Thanks anons.
>>
>>34278357
This is a coast guard

It guards coast
>>
>>34278522
>Feels good to be a part of a life saving service.

I like you
>>
Currently in the army, can't wait to ETS. I would join the coast guard but I'll be 24 when i get out of the army and i want to grow a beard
>>
How does 2 years as an enlisted and then putting in for OCS sound anons?

Get some experience under my belt before becoming an officer. Or is that a common fallacy?
>>
>>34284675
might make you more competitive for ocs school if you keep a good record those 2 years but i would just go for it if you can get in. start ranking up and getting that officer pay.
>>
BM is an enlisted ranking and it will have you in boarding teams that will allow you to put your CJ degree to good use. You could also get specialized training in areas you like.

Though as an officer you could be in a boarding team but it's rare. Being officer you would be overlooking and managing the cutter rather than doing all the cool CJ you studied 4 years for.
>>
>>34283660
Fucking this.
My dumbs joined the Marine Corps straight out of high school, worked my way up to 0317 and spent a couple years operating before getting out and joining the Airforce. Went to school and ended up as a pilot. but i fucking wish i had joined the coast guard, SAR would've been like heaven for me
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.