[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A little help, please.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 500px-Lemat.jpg (25KB, 500x233px) Image search: [Google]
500px-Lemat.jpg
25KB, 500x233px
Sup /k/. I've been looking to no avail for a cartridge conversion of a LeMat revolver. Why? Because I want one, but don't wanna deal with black powder at the range. Does one exist? If not, do you think it could be done?
>>
>>34277945
Also, I have access to a machinist shop. Best metal for making one, if it comes down to that?
>>
IIRC you can't actually make one because then it'd be an SBS.
>>
>>34278193
You're thinking AOW.
>>
>>34277945
Ya with the shotgun and pistol cartridges it would be an aow. I think thats why nobody does it. Not worth the hassle.
>>
>>34278193
>>34278911
>>34278931
What if you left the shotgun part as black powder?
>>
File: Lemat-25-b.jpg (158KB, 1200x755px) Image search: [Google]
Lemat-25-b.jpg
158KB, 1200x755px
>>34277945
You could theoretically build a cartridge firing Lemat but it would be a SBS and look horrifically ugly. The original cartridge Lemats were freakshows.
>>
>>34278968
You would have to leave it black power. The gun couldn't handle modern shotgun ammo and the barrel wouldn't be long enough to get any velocity.
>>
It doesn't exist yet, but if Westworld runs a few more seasons, it probably will.
>>
>>34277945
I think someone built a pinfire lemat at somepoint
>>
>>34279014
>>34278991
1) Becuase the Lemat uses two different methods of firing the cylinders and the shotgun I think you could easily get by any NFA shit by leaving it black powder. Even if not...stamp it and hand load some Aguila minishells in black powder.

2) Those were pinfire Letmats and are not the same gun as the percussion guns. The pinfire guns were designed to hold more cartridges, that'
s why they look so goofy.
>>
It could be classified as a curio or antique firearm thus bypassing the NFA
>>
File: LeMatopen91CU.jpg (86KB, 950x656px) Image search: [Google]
LeMatopen91CU.jpg
86KB, 950x656px
>>34279066
That's actually a centerfire Lemat, the pinfire ones are even more hideous. Your best bet to build one is use a black powder central barrel and a centerfire cylinder.
>>
>>34279104
But it's still a different design.

The percussion guns were 9 shot, which means you have a lot of meat to work with. I would bet, if you offered enough money, someone could fashion a 7 to 8 shot replacement cylinder in 44-40 or 44 special. Then you would just need a crazy enough gunsmith to fit everything.
>>
>>34278968
Could be done.
>>34279014
Modern shotgun ammo is loaded to blackpowder era pressures because centerfire shotgun cartridges started out as blackpowder (like .22lr, .45 lc, .45-70, etc.).
>>
>>34279182
Yeah, stick a modern smokeless powder shotgun round into a black powder centerfire shotgun and see how that goes for you. Be sure to video it.

Same goes for sticking a buffalo bore 45-70 into a sharps.
>>
>>34279204
>stick a modern smokeless powder shotgun round into a black powder centerfire shotgun and see how that goes for you.
People do this all the time.
>buffalo bore
I'm referring to standard factory loads, not ammo that explicitly says on the box not to use in old guns.
>sharps
I think you meant trapdoor.
>>
>>34279333
To add, you should of course make sure that the shotgun ammo you're is not too long for the chamber. That's the main thing that causes excessive pressures in antique shotguns, not the powder.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.