[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DSA RPD? Does anyone have experience with these things? My LGS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 411552341.jpg (61KB, 500x339px) Image search: [Google]
411552341.jpg
61KB, 500x339px
DSA RPD?

Does anyone have experience with these things? My LGS has one for $2200. I was considering trading in a colt hbar match target A2, russian sks (i have 2), and a hakim. I never shoot them.

I saw the rpd has reliability issues going 5 years back but I can't find mention of it recently. Handled it today, extremely well made but the sights were surprisingly bad. Rear sight was small. I am a manlet and can't shoot it off hand. Range toy only
>>
>>34277168
Trading complete, factory built guns for a gun built from a kit by some people that have an awful reputation for QC is a god-awful idea, regardless of whether or not you'll shoot em or not.
If anything, use them for trading stock at a gun show for something more valuable.
>>
>>34277168

Hello?
>>
>>34277350

That was a major problem online. Many people are complaining of guns that were nearly non-functional. I haven't seen any reports in the last few years about them and my gun store claims that none of the rifles they've sold have come back for warranty work
>>
>>34277350

I am also uncomfortable with the fact that the barrel is not chrome-lined and the major selling point for this gun is rapid fire from its 100 round belt. Otherwise it's just a really big heavy AK
>>
Posting again. Trying to keep the thread alive.

Does anyone here actually own one?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vGbL45_qVs

This is probably the most recent and substantial review I've seen. Do you know when the one you're interested in was made?
>>
>>34277651

Do not know what year it was made. Per some dated YouTube videos I know the rifles built five years ago have some serious problems and Military Arms channel ended up sending theirs back for a refund

They did just get them in stock this week
>>
>>34277389
Because they were only available when ordered.
It seems the primary issue is the striker geometry is a little bit off but can be fixed with a handfile
>>
>>34277757

I am not comfortable with filing or doing any serious Gunsmithing. Mounting a scope or swapping out Parts is about the most I can do.

Also the rear sight was too small. I was having a very difficult time getting a clear sight picture. It was very hazy
>>
>>34277828
if the sight sucks then you're not gonna enjoy shooting it (unless u go optics, and I'm not sure if that's possible with the RPD) Given all the other unrelated issues, you should probably pass. $2200 is too much for a non-functional toy
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.