[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making a True Space Cowboy Jericho

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: See You Later Space Cowboy.jpg (126KB, 528x545px) Image search: [Google]
See You Later Space Cowboy.jpg
126KB, 528x545px
I recently Purchased a pre 2005 IMI Jericho 941 R. It was one of those Ones Imported by Magnum Research so it has Desert Eagle Pistol marked on the side of the frame instead of Jericho 941. My goal is to make this into an exact replica of Spike Speigel's Jericho. The things I need to do are,

1) Have the "DESERT EAGLE PISTOL" roll mark changed to say "Jericho 941", and have the "ISRAELI MILITARY INDUSTRIES LTD (IMI)" roll mark changed to say "POSEIDON ISRAELI MILITARY INDUSTRIES". From what I understand that since this gun was sold by magnum research under their name, and not IMI/IWI directly, so long as I leave the import marks, Serial # and Made In Israel marks alone, all of which are on the other side of the gun, I should be in the clear legally.

2) Get the original style sights they are very similar to the ones on my gun right now, but are more rounded and less angular. I also can't seem to find these anywhere.

3) Swap out the slide release for an Original Jericho 941 or Tanfoglio FAB 92 Doglegged slide release lever. the difference between the correct one and mine is fairly subtle, and I am having some trouble finding this one on line. Any help would be appreciated.

4) either source a new stainless steel guide rod or have the tip of my current one polished or nickel plated.

5) Get a new grip. The grips used in Cowboy Bebop were never actually made, so I'll have to buy the airshit ones and modify them, or maybe fabricate something and combine them with some crimson trace grips to get the functionality of the laser like the ones in the show. this is a something I can do later as id' want to have the sights and engraving done first as they both require a gunsmith and tools.

If anyone has done this before or has any advice on how to get the parts let me know. thanks.
>>
File: Repro Bepop Jericho.jpg (51KB, 692x183px) Image search: [Google]
Repro Bepop Jericho.jpg
51KB, 692x183px
>>34277054
Heres a picture of what I'd want to be engraved by the gunsmith, this is exactly what appears on the gun's left side in the show. the right side of the gun has all of the important info like the serial number, import marks, and country of manufacture.
>>
Last I heard, EAA has dogleg slide releases as a special order item. Call them and ask.
Depending on the barrel length of your Jericho, the Tanfoglio Witness or FAB 92 guide rod for the appropriate equivalent will fit - though just polishing yours is probably cheaper and easier.
I suspect the original sights were likely Tanfoglio as well, so reference some parts diagrams for the TZ75 series 88 and FAB92.

Why you'd want to add Poseidon to IMI, I'm not sure. They made model replicas - which the animators probably used as a reference to draw Spike. That's also the reason behind the funny grip, though if you really care, you can probably scrounge up the long-out-of-production model somewhere and hope the plastic grip can stand up to real use.
>>
>>34277054
you wont be able to find the grips
>>
So dig around in the archives for Ajax22, or proto ordnance on instagram cause he's already done it
>>
>>34277205
>Why you'd want to add Poseidon to IMI
I meant to write "POSEIDON ISRAELI MILITARY INDUSTRIES" with no Israeli. the Jericho used in the show was made by them and not IMI.
>>
The only thing you need to keep is the serial. The import marks are not legally required. The"made in Israel" can go also. Neither have any legal ramifications, they are ONLY required when they're being imported, and since you already have it, its already imported.
>>
>>34277054
Normally I would think you're a massive fag OP, but I love CZ75 based designed and I love Bebop almost more.

Post pics when you're finished.
>>
>>34277257
The whole project will take a few months at best but sure.
>>
>>34277287
Will wait.
>>
File: 1453062054528.jpg (2MB, 3745x3744px) Image search: [Google]
1453062054528.jpg
2MB, 3745x3744px
Unless you get nice work, engraving can be a spot for rust to appear, you can just keep it oiled tho.
I believe EAA has dogleg slide releases
I wouldn't get the guide rod plated changes the size, polishing could work, but stainless would be the best, if most difficult solution.
The sights look pretty fucking close to me.
The handles will be the most difficult part to get just right, you seem to be willing to put in a fair amount of work so idk. You could look into having the grips modeled and then printed. The problem with that is most 3D printers are shitty for making a durable/quality plastic, features like glass impregnation and other treatments are more difficult to get, but you would want them on a weapon.
I would look at a nearby engineering college for the having the grips made.
>>
>>34277374
>Unless you get nice work, engraving can be a spot for rust to appear, you can just keep it oiled tho.
I would have to have the old roll marks sanded out, (fortunetly they're shallow) so I would be refinishing both the slide and frame in the end.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.