[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the Chinese EMP weapons real?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: 10.jpg (35KB, 640x529px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
35KB, 640x529px
pic related is from a Chinese TV report about their EMP weapons. It claims that China could shut down all communications infrastructure in the US within 30 minutes should the South China Sea conflict go hot.

Is it just propaganda or could they do it?
>>
File: 1480809228197.png (266KB, 633x633px) Image search: [Google]
1480809228197.png
266KB, 633x633px
>>34272333
We could destroy their entire country within 30 minutes should the South China Sea conflict go hot,
>>
>>34272333
That's how EMPs work. They fuck civilian stuff.

US takes such a thing as a regular nuclear attack though, so.. Yeah, not really worth it.
>>
File: AHHH MOTHERLAND.jpg (18KB, 400x229px) Image search: [Google]
AHHH MOTHERLAND.jpg
18KB, 400x229px
>>34272333
They have the capability, yes. We have the capability to intercept at least half of it and give back much, much worse if they tried. Plus I'm pretty sure if they ever launched anything at anyone Russia would go full AHHH MOTHERLAND just to cement their place as top dog in Asia after the dust clears.
>>
>It claims that China could shut down all communications infrastructure in the US within 30 minutes should the South China Sea conflict go hot.
Civilian comms, sure. Military networks (the ones that actually matter in such a situation) are hardened against such things, even personal handheld systems.
>>
>>34272435
even most civilian electronics would stay online, along with most fiber cables. the main concern with EMPs is the power grid.
>>
>TFW living in a shitty aluminum trailer actually shields any electronics not sitting directly next to a window

Haha, yes, I am desperately looking for perks.
>>
>>34272333
>chinese TV report tells their low-information subjects they have a magical way to win a war painlessly against an otherwise insurmountable threat
Gee, OP how about you take that cock out of your mouth and tell us which you think it is.
>>
>>34272333
looks like shitty CGI
>>
No, everything China does is fake, broken, and they cannot afford it.

Whenever you see an article about a US airplane problem, that means there were more problems with Chinese aircraft that were covered up. (Similar to how any crime by a black person means there were 10+ crimes by white people covered up by police)
>>
>>34272446
What about the devices on either side of the fiber optic cable
>>
>>34272333
Impressive

For China to be able to take out American military GPS while successfully defending civilian Baidu satellites truly show the efficiency and effectivity of Chinese Strategic Research and Development. The Chinese truly has the edge when it comes to budgeting war, China does not have the unnecessary American red tapes and corruption so China can focus on what really matters. An American soldier gear costs 10 iphones while a Chinese gear costs 2 and yet they have the same efficiency. It's the same with other Chinese tech. America can take out 6 Chinese satellites but the constellation will still work. China takes out 3 American satellites, Americans will protest for the loss of their CNN coverage.
>>
>>34272877
Nice bait at the end, there.
>>
>>34272421
>AHHHHH MOTHERLAND
Wtf m8
>>
>>34273024
I want Summer to leave
>>
>>34272992
(you)
>>
File: 4.jpg (36KB, 640x532px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
36KB, 640x532px
>>34272333
That's not some EMP weapon, it's the explosion of the U2 China shot down in 1958
>>
>>34272992
China has truly become a Super power and done so in far less time than any other nation. ONLY with the will and power of a unified people with strong, brilliant leaders could such an effort have been made, let alone succeed! We truly are living at the dawn of the age of China!
>>
>>34272992
>China does not have the unnecessary American red tapes and corruption

I chuckled 八/十。
>>
>>34272996
Nice bait bro
>>
File: IMG_0373.jpg (119KB, 360x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0373.jpg
119KB, 360x640px
>>34272907
DESU senpai how do you not have a faraday cage surrounding yo house in 2017???? Smh
>>
>>34272333
Important stuff (i.e: military) has electromagnetic shielding.
>>
>>34273989
Costs millions to shield it up to a certain level of current, any higher and the costs increase. Up the yield of a nuke slightly and it makes that shielding worthless.
>>
>>34272992
>An American soldier gear costs 10 iphones while a Chinese gear costs 2

So? You overlook that in America I can go to high class restaurant and spend a Samsung on a really good meal, plus get a Nokia back as change. The same meal in China would cost at least 2 Samsungs and a Sony clock radio. You have to pity any country that still uses clock radio based currency.
>>
>>34272992
>yet they have the same efficiency.
+$.50
>>
>>34273024
Would not be surprised if you are younger than that comic.
>>
>>34272992
It tickles me that use i-phones as a unit of measurement.

xaxa
>>
>>34274455
Fucking kangaroos
>>
File: 1482856725787.jpg (170KB, 483x713px) Image search: [Google]
1482856725787.jpg
170KB, 483x713px
>>34272333

>Chinese TV report
>>
>>34274635
Are they supposed to be firing lasers at Brussels or Eindhoven? I honestly can't tell. What a horrible map/render of europe.
>>
>>34274976
................how is the clear middle of Germany anywhere near Brussels or OneDoveHen?
>>
>>34274172
Yield is a minor consideration when you're talking about the E1 pulse, which is the one of concern for this discussion. Location and duration are much more critical.
>>
>>34274635
Notice how the game's artists purposely avoided targeting a particular country so as to avoid controversy. But the Chinese just don't care.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.