[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you gave a modern civillian a (historically accurate) rifle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

If you gave a modern civillian a (historically accurate) rifle and sent him back in time to one of the following historical battles

>Stalingrad
>Berlin 1945
>Omaha beach
>Kursk
>Iwo Jima

How do you think he would fair? What kind of memes would he have learned from videogames and war movies that he thinks work in real life but don't? What stupid shit would a civilian do that a solider wouldn't?
>>
He would be able to 360 no scope the entire Russian army you stupid fuck.
>>
>>34271981
He would panic, find cover and sit there while soldiers fight. Without any sort of training or experience, the guy's going to be completely fucking useless.
>>
>>34271981

>How would he fare

That depends an awful lot on the civilian. And you could also stand to give him things like load bearing gear and actual ammo for his gun, you chucklefuck.

but >>34272025 has the right of it, if he's smart he hands in his rifle and moves toward the rear of whatever faction you've shoved him into fairly quickly.

>What memes did he learn from war movies and video games
If he doesn't immediately fuck off to the rear lines and instead makes a fight of it, then take your pick. In urban or in open environments he's still hosed because he runs out into the open expecting his plot armor to send all the bullets into the dirt around him and he still gets blasted.

In an urban environment he fails to check his corners properly and gets nailed for being too aggressive of a shithead.

In an open environment he gets picked off for standing up.

In both cases, he probably will get wacked leaping behind concealment that he thinks is cover and will protect him from bullets.

And I doubt any shooting he does will be very effective.

But I am more interested in what will happen after the battle, provided he survives. Which I think he may, given you also haven't given him a uniform and as such he is clearly a civilian and probably dressed very strangely at that.

I would be interested in what would happen if you gave the USSR, the nips, goimany or the proto-NATO alliance a civilian with a solidly average understanding of what is for him history up into the late 2010s. And how they would leverage that knowledge to try to alter things.
>>
>>34271981
>What kind of memes would he have learned from videogames and war movies that he thinks work in real life but don't?

Thin pieces of metal like car doors and thin sheets of wood do not stop bullets. Grenades have a greater kill/wound radius than the 5-10 feet seen in videogames. Guns jam in real life. You cannot talk to the person next to you in a normal voice with automatic gunfire and explosions all around. Firing a weapon in an enclosed space provides you with some EEEEEEEEEEE. Running across open space will get you killed.
>>
>>34271981

>give idiot a garand
>he takes cover while getting shot at
>throws empty en bloc clip like a retard
>>
>>34272060
>Running across open space will get you killed
Well, not necessarily. Have absolute fire superiority and you can even perform a bayonet charge.
>>
>>34271981
>Stalingrad
I doubt a highly trained and geared SO guy could survive that anyways

>Berlin 1945
Just fall in, should be fine

>Omaha Beach
Shits self, hides in foxhole, gets shot (probably before the individual even realizes wtf is happening), might get a few shots off

>Kursk
Best Case: Left behind during retreat and captured by russians or captured by russians during advance
Worst Case: Wanders around aimlessly for a bit and then gets blown up or shot

>Iwo Jima
lol
Probably just hides somewhere

As for memes:

>Actually being able to move silently
>Trying to melee someone when you have a gun in your hand
>Hip fire
>No ammo conservation
>Throwing away half-full magazines
>Trying to lead people even though he doesn't know shit
>Talking too much (Possibly even randomly swearing when something goes wrong)
>Shitty notion of when they are able to be seen
>Out of shape
>Mental Breakdown
>Trying a hail-mary and getting murdered
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.