[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's Plan a Hostage Rescue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

File: download.jpg (9KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 290x174px
Here's the scenario: You're the FBI HRT (so big budget!). It's winter in Minnesota, and a schoolbus full of hostages are being held in some bumfuck nowhere farm. You're planning an assault to get them out. Thing is, the 50-foot perimeter around the house is littered with IED's buried under the snow, and is surrounded by a steep 10-foot embankment. People who spend too long in the inner perimeter will be shot at.

What's your plan for getting everybody to the house and through the mines (and back out again) without endangering the hostages? Sure, the HRT themselves could insert directly to the house via fast-rope (or HALO), but then how do you bring in the the trailers (EMT, arresting officers, etc), and then extract everybody, in a timely fashion?
>>
ez, tunnel under the house and assault from the basement like molemen, they'll never expect it.
>>
Flood their farm and the negotiate
>>
File: Vote left.png (20KB, 861x454px) Image search: [Google]
Vote left.png
20KB, 861x454px
>>34271020
>>
>>34271118
>>
>>34271020
PGM through roof
>>
>>34271135
Interesting new approach. Like Ruby Ridge but without all that goddamn waiting around.
>>
>>34271020
Assuming I have incident command
>surround the house from a distance, closing off locals roads within around a mile or so from the compound
>wait for them to make contact
>hopefully drag it out long enough that we can watch the suspects leave/wander the compound via drone feed and track the safe pathways
>level 2 staging at the nearest cross street (if within a mile or so)
>level 2 staging to have fire/EMS staging, command post, logistics, operations, PIO, basically all the components of ICS etc.
>let local agencies work out logistics for transport of hostages such as local transit buses (usually jurisdictions have agreements in place for this type of thing)
>have EMS set up an MCI staging area for triage, treatment and transport
>have at least 5 ALS ambulances and 5 BLS ambulances if possible, or local ass casualty unit to stage
>bomb squad staging as well
>work with local utility company to kill power to the house
>what type of IEDs are they? Are they remote detonated, pressure plate?
>send in teams at midnight armed with silenced mk18s with lasers, nods, and have a perimeter sniper team
>send robot in across our hopefully preplanned pathway first
>teams follow, taking out any enemies in their way
>the cover of night and advantage of night vision make the bad guys easy kills
>pathway gets marked with IR glow sticks for exfil
>clear all enemies until we get to hostages, lead them through the pathway cleared to waiting buses
>finish clearing the compound
>order needed EMS to move to scene
>any casualties get treated by SWAT medics before being taken out to EMS to avoid scene contamination
>scene secure, now in investigative phase
>>
>>34271333
Why would the bad guys be traversing the perimeter? Your plan for avoiding the traps makes no sense.
>>
>>34271359
Do the badguys have stockpiles of food for that many hostages? Water? My plan is to drag negotiations on for days/weeks with the goal being someone leaves to re-up on supplies. Feeding 50 people plus themselves for wont be easy.
>>
>>34271020
First question: Is the President a Republican or democrat for this situation?.
>>
>>34271386
kek
>>
File: 1491251384680.jpg (152KB, 960x956px) Image search: [Google]
1491251384680.jpg
152KB, 960x956px
>>34271333
Well you seem to have a pretty good grasp of how these things typically go down. Better than me, anyway. What kind of contingency would you go for if one of these situations holds:
-The suspects never actually step an inch further than 15 feet around the house?
-You are called into action before a safe path is charted?

Also, you don't know what kinds of IED's are being used. In fact, they could be bluffing--it's hard to see under the snow.

>>34271365
I'm sure that would be everybody's first choice. The thing is, you don't know whether you'll have the luxury of waiting even that long. You need a contingency ready in case the suspects drag out a cold body before than.
>>
>>34271435
>-The suspects never actually step an inch further than 15 feet around the house?
>-You are called into action before a safe path is charted?
Part of having a plan A is having a plan B. If we need to rush in my hope would be to rush in 2-3 bearcats or other IED ready vehicles and bum rush. The bearcats would probably get disabled by the explosions but we should have a cleared path to the building where we can clear the inside. If anything I just need to get guys inside to secure the scene and then I can have EOD or bomb squad clear a way in so we can get out.

>>34271435
The goal is to not give them a choice. Someone with 50 hostages either needs them alive for leverage, or planned to kill them anyways. The moment hostages start getting shot the compound gets rushed, which is why standoffs always last hours/days. Surround the suspect the leave them with either the option to release hostages and go to jail, kill hostages thereby guaranteeing they die as well, or negotiate their demands while holding the hostages which gives us time to plan and execute.
>>
File: toottootmotherfucker.jpg (106KB, 1000x597px) Image search: [Google]
toottootmotherfucker.jpg
106KB, 1000x597px
>>34271020
several of these
>>
Assuming the enemy is retarded
>Send agent wearing civilian clothing to act like he is on the enemy's side.
>Bring guns, ammunition, money, prostitutes, and more hostages to win their trust.
>Let the farmers lead him through a route that isn't littered with traps(a route to get supplies)
>When it is dark, relay route that is taken to the guys outside
>Agent enters room and plants bomb in the building with hostages
>Leaves farm on next supply run
>Blows up building killing hostages and farmers
>Tell media it was a terrorist attack led by ISIS
>Request more funding by government to help fight terrorist attacks abroad
>Spend a small amount of money on equipment and maintenance
>Spend the rest on anything else
>Prepare another terrorist attack
Rinse and Repeat anon.
>>
>>34271467
>If we need to rush in my hope would be to rush in 2-3 bearcats or other IED ready vehicles and bum rush

I suppose if things really go south quickly that's just about the best one could do. Of course there's the danger that the IED's could cause casualties to the passengers despite the Bearcats' armor, or injure the hostages inside the house (or worse, collapse the house on them). But that's a bad situation anyway, so options are crimped.

>The goal is to not give them a choice.
I am in full agreement with everything you say. I'm just mostly interested in working out what the assault contingency (or contingencies) might look like. I can only assume that, given time, even without intel viz. safe paths through the IED field the HRT could do better than "send in Bearcats and pray".
>>
I didn't know the FBI was taking hormone replacement therapy.
>>
>>34271020
Tell them I'm not a charity and the hostages will just have to chalk it up to bad luck. All I care about is killing the enemy.

They have no leverage, get confused, and morale decreases.

Then, after having observed their patterns and safe routes before I even tell them I give 0 fucks as above, I send in the people who will be killing them and also helicopters with people firing M60s while Fortunate Son plays loudly.

We airlift everyone out after the slaughter and send in a team to get rid of the IEDs
>>
>>34271603
Why not modernize? Play Smash Mouth instead for that extra demoralization.
>>
>>34271643
God bless you anon, you're absolutely correct
>>
Call in artillery strike.
>there may be some collateral damage
>>
>>34271020
Arrest? Im shooting everyone but hostages, then blac bagging them and calling tge chopper back..not fucking around w ied placing loonies
>>
>>34271020
Peek through the walls with fancy shit and blow all the hostage taker's brains out simoultaneously.
>>
File: Hannibal.gif (96KB, 384x477px) Image search: [Google]
Hannibal.gif
96KB, 384x477px
>eliminate hostiles with sniper fire (there couldn't be many if they're confined to a bus full of people)
>fast-rope insertion of strike team onto the roof of the bus
>secure hostages
>bring in one of those air-sea rescue choppers with the winch and extract the hostages with it one by one
>extract strike team the same way
>let EOD take care of the IEDs
>>
File: 1492071752651.png (517KB, 895x1089px) Image search: [Google]
1492071752651.png
517KB, 895x1089px
Drop a couple large bombs on the compound and officially count the dead hostages as collateral, or even as enemies if you can get away with it.
>>
Prep modern equivalent of Bangalore torpedo, slide under snow cover. This gives a way to blow a path through their IEDs if needed for a rapid assault.
Prep entry charges to breach buildings since doors, etc., probably trapped.
Otherwise, standard waiting and negotiating, while planning more detailed assault (eg. get building plans, work out where hostages are kept, etc.)
>>
File: CH-47_Chinook_helicopter_flyby.jpg (45KB, 800x504px) Image search: [Google]
CH-47_Chinook_helicopter_flyby.jpg
45KB, 800x504px
>>34273076
An APOBS? That would work. I'd definitely be worried about injuring the hostages or damaging the house though.

I wonder if you could handle the whole thing with helicopters...? It seems plausible enough that the HRT could bring a Chinook with them, which would definitely be able to pick up and drop off all the trailers and hostages in a couple trips. Let EOD worry about the IEDs in their own sweet time.

HRT can just fast-rope to the house directly.

Or am I missing something stupid?
>>
>>34271020
draw a map
>>
>>34271435
>>34271562
the HRT has helos, in that case why not helo infil directly onto the roof, explosive breaching directly through the roof.

>>34273392
fast roping is a shit-tier insertion method if the surface you're landing on isn't flat. Get ready for half the assault team to trip and roll off the goddamn roof. Better way to do it if your pilots are good enough is to have everyone on the skids, bring the helo in low, and just step off onto the roof.
>>
>>34271020
Fire a MICLIC into the field then charge across the field on horseback.
>>
also a shit-hook is a terrible helo insertion platform for hostage rescue. too big and noisy and you can't get off it as quickly cause ramps.
>>
Hostages only work if your enemy cares if they live. >>34273494 This Anon has the right idea.

>Sniper fire through the bus windows
>MICLIC the field
>Burn the barn
>Send in HRT team to clear out any survivors and a SAW gunner sitting in the back to light up the bus in case things get jumpy

Claim dead hostages as the enemy.
>>
Some sleeping gas should do the trick.
If I cock up and overdo it, I'll just say that the hostage takers had chemical weapons that blew up in their face and ask for more funding.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.