[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Gun - Australia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Flag_of_Australia.svg.png (25KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Australia.svg.png
25KB, 1200x600px
Okay /k/unts, I'm getting my a/b Lisence in September, or soon afterwards. I've already done the training course, just need to wait until after Sept. before I spend any more money.

Just had a few questions about the whole process, and I was hoping you guys could fill me in.

1) Once I apply, how long before I actually get the lisence and can apply for a PTA?

2) How long does the PTA take to process (I heard it can take over a month for the first one?)

3) Done my research and know what I want, but not sure how to get it. If I just walk into my gunshop in a country town and ask, will they order it in for me? Do I buy it online myself and where do I have to get it shipped to?

4) I'm in a rental and not sure if I should bolt a safe down. What prices am I looking at for one heavy enough to not need to be bolted? I do have a concrete laundry where I could bolt it and just fill the holes in later. Would that be easier/cheaper?
>>
>australia
>guns
Pick one and one only. If you want to own guns I suggest moving to either Canada (if you still want that commonwealth feel) or the US.
>>
>>34271053
I only want a .22 for now, for rabbits...

Probably get a .223 or .17HMR somewhere down the line, but for now the .22 will keep me satisfied.
>>
Bumb
>>
>>34271008
>. What prices am I looking at for one heavy enough to not need to be bolted?
Like over a grand, compared with a couple hundred. Shit fucking sucks.
>>
>>34271008
>1) Once I apply, how long before I actually get the lisence and can apply for a PTA?
Once you've handed all your paperwork in and it's all approved for your licence, you should be able to put in a PTA at the same time, as soon as you have a licence number. You don't need the physical card.
Depends on what state you're in though.
>2) How long does the PTA take to process (I heard it can take over a month for the first one?)
My last was submitted on a wednesday afternoon and ready by 9am the next morning. The one before that took 2 weeks. The one before that was done right there at the counter, took 5 minutes. It can vary. Some states will mandate a 28 day period though and some states (Like SA) are simply useless and it can take months. Mate of mine in WA just waited 8 months for a PTA for a .22 Lever action.

>3) Done my research and know what I want, but not sure how to get it. If I just walk into my gunshop in a country town and ask, will they order it in for me? Do I buy it online myself and where do I have to get it shipped to?
A gun shop should be able to order most things for you, if not, you buy it online and it gets shipped to your dealership. You submit a PTA, when it's ready, pick it up and go and get your gun.

>4) I'm in a rental and not sure if I should bolt a safe down. What prices am I looking at for one heavy enough to not need to be bolted? I do have a concrete laundry where I could bolt it and just fill the holes in later. Would that be easier/cheaper?

Far, far cheaper. 150kg+ safes are way more expensive than lighter ones. They're also cunts of things to move. If you plan on buying handguns later, your safe HAS to be bolted in too so might as well do it straight away.

Everything varies on what state you're in.
>>
>>34271008
>3) Done my research and know what I >want, but not sure how to get it. If I just >walk into my gunshop in a country town >and ask, will they order it in for me? Do I >buy it online myself and where do I have >to get it shipped to?

This is what I do, have done for years. Find a local dealer who won't fuck you on transfers; it will almost always be cheaper to order online/phone and have it sent to your local dealer. I've bought many guns from Cleavers in qld and Magnum Sports in NSW. Keep an eye on SSAA mag (mostly good for the ads and insurance) for sales, or shop websites/usedguns.com.au.

Examples: cleavers have gen 3 glock 17s for $679 and 20" synthetic adlers for $579. Even with $49 post, that's cheaper than any other gun store in aus. Magnum sports had Colt 9mm 1911s in stainless for $1240 (now gone I believe); these hold their value and sell second hand for $1150. Do research! Save $$$
>>
Get an Enfield. Every patriotic Aussie should have one.
>>
File: Australian with his wife's son.jpg (34KB, 480x359px) Image search: [Google]
Australian with his wife's son.jpg
34KB, 480x359px
>>
>>34271053
this. aus laws are downright draconian. go to either canada, us, czech republic or switzerland. all have far better laws
>>
>>34271053
Ignore this fuckwit.

OP, your questions are too open without knowing which state you're in.

$600 got me out of trouble for a 12gun cat C/D rated safe. Bolt it to laundry floor, and cement over holes later. Must be 80(?)kgs or more to not need bolting. Read specs.

PTAs usually take 30 days in QLD, though my first handgun was done in 16 days.
>Is that even legal
Dunno, I wasn't complaining.

Ask you gunshop for a quote on non stocked item. Otherwise, look online, and make sure your local shop will do the brokerage for you ($10 roughly?). Some get upset if you buy elsewhere but fuck 'em and ask, if their quote is shit. You need the gun shipped to a dealer to have have your licence gun list updated (the brokerage process).

If you live WAY far out of town, local police can do this. Ask them personally.

Have fun, don't embarrass us. And fuck smartarse cunts on /k/ like >>34271053
>>
>>34271587
>>34271554
Sage advice.
>>34271594
Wanker. Funny, but still wanker.
>>
>>34271658
Forgot to mention, if you request services from local remote police, don't dress or talk like a weaponised autist.
>>
>>34271658
>ignore this fuckwit
Your laws are extremely restrictive and downright Orwellian. Your nation is one of pussies hence why you are one of the biggest nanny states in the world. Shouldn't you be handing in your .22lr bolt action for the upcoming gun buyback by Prepbull?

>inb4 you think im a burger
>>
>>34271008

first off welcome to the aussie guns club :P

Remington 7615 Police Pump Action Rifle .223 it is one of the fastest guns you can own in AUS and in south Australia you are able to have a 30 mag with it (AR15 mags can fit it)

as for a .22 you kinda just have to shop around and get a feel, i got a BRNO .22 which i am pretty happy with.
>>
>>34272786
>Remington 7615 Police Pump Action Rifle .223
holy shit im in sa i gotta get me one of those
>>
What are Aus laws on owning a tranquilliser gun?
>>
File: 7625.png (248KB, 600x192px) Image search: [Google]
7625.png
248KB, 600x192px
>>34271008
1. once you get your license you can apply to buy a gun straight away.
2. Your first gun is a minimum of 28 days before you will receive the PTA back.
3. A decent gun shop will be able to order most things for you. If not buy it from an interstate shop and have it shipped to your local gun shop. The local gunshop will charge you a transfer fee for this.
4. Buy a 150kg safe to avoid bolting it down.

Before you go and blow a shot load of cash "pimping" out your 7615, buy a decent .22 like cz 452 and learn to shoot. 30 round mags are fun and all but if you're just blatting away and not hitting anything whats the point senpai?
>>
>>34271554
Mate how do you do transfers over state?

I'm also an Ausfag but I don't know how to get Firearms posted from state to state.
>>
>>34273865
you have to do it through a dealer. They will handle the dealer to dealer transfer for you.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.