[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else practice Central Axis Relock? it just makes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Does anyone else practice Central Axis Relock? it just makes the most sense to me for close range defense situations, which is most likely what I would be facing if I had to draw my CCW. It's much quicker to draw from the holster and get the sights up this way, and it makes the most sense to be able to shoot without your arms extended in an extreme close quarters situation.

I mean it looks retarded and most tactical dudes say it's a shitty fad, but I do notice that in my body cam footage it's what cops use.
>>
Its a meme
>>
>>34270194
>looks bad
>feels bad
>performs bad
why do it then
>>
>>34270206
memes are a meme
>>
If you're close enough for CAR to be viable, you're close enough to not need to use your sights. Practice point shooting before you practice CAR
>>
isn't it just a stupid name for a simple concept?
>>
to be honest, police officers don't use it.

They lean the pistol in such a way that they still have it up and can quickly shoot, but they never shoot it this way.
they normally do this in small,dark transitional spaces, because this way they can have a better look at the suspect without having to use both hands for such (pistol mounted flashlight makes a difference here), and having the pistol almost ready.

BUT, there's a BIG gap between police tactics and self defense tactics.

Maybe it works for you, as i've seen working for some.
>>
>>34270194
Just shoot from retention while indexing the magwell against your body.
>>
Just normal retention training with the handgun, and adding offhand knife and some basic grappling to your skillset is a lot better.
>>
>>34270194

I'm right handed, left eye dominant. Central Axis Relock works really well for me. Obscures sights from my right eye enough that acquiring a sight picture is super quick.

Just a thought though, no problem shooting any of the other ways.
>>
>>34271303
>and adding offhand knife
Snake please go
>>
>>34270194
I've tried it with pistols. Since I'm right-handed and left eye dominant, it's actually not bad.

Useless and unnecessary for revolvers though.
>>
>>34270194
My firearms instructor teaches a class on it and shills his classes for it in every single one of his fucking basic qual courses, so I kinda have a bitter taste about it, because I have to listen to this guy up sell and show it off constantly when all I care about it getting through my course of fire.

Personally, I would use it for shooting out of a car window, or other scenarios where I'm forced to shoot sideways.

This guy >>34270220 really gets it, though. It's biggest advantage is how effective it is at retention...and if you're worried about retention, you should be hip shooting at under a meter already anyway.
>>
>>34270194

>be Mike Pannone
>Ex-Marine Recon
>Ex-Delta
>Chief instructor at Air Marshall school
>lost my dominant eye (right) in breaching charge malfunction
>become one of the most respected trainers in USA
>still shoot off isosceles based stance
>>
>>34270194
>Does anyone else practice Central Axis Relock?

I do. And I only realized I do about 2 years ago when a dude asked me about it. Such pelican gun cases.
>>
>>34271431
>Since I'm right-handed and left eye dominant, it's actually not bad.

so am I. do you shoot with one eye closed or something? just focus on the front sight and shoot with both eyes open dude.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.