[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AR-7: The Other AR!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_5731.jpg (2MB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5731.jpg
2MB, 3888x2592px
So does anyone here own one Eugene Stoner's other child? I know they had a bad reputation for a while, but the new Henry ones are supposed to be a lot better. I'm planning on getting one soon, so what should I know, what should I expect, and what are they like?

BTW, the reason I'm getting one now is that I'm doing a long road trip this summer that will include stays in some cuck states (NY and CA) where bringing a handgun would be a no-no. The AR-7 is 50 state legal with no scary features, so it seemed like it would make the perfect road trip gun (compactness and the ability to carry a lot of ammo for it seemed like a big plus too. What do you guys think as far as using it for that goes?
>>
File: 1497411687449.jpg (690KB, 1516x1454px) Image search: [Google]
1497411687449.jpg
690KB, 1516x1454px
>>
How fucking small is your car? Just get a 10/22.
>>
>>34267829
I have one and I like it. It's no tack-driver by any means but for a backpack gun it gets the job done.
>>
File: IMG_2822.jpg (44KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2822.jpg
44KB, 604x453px
Who's the slut?
>>
File: IMG_2868.jpg (36KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2868.jpg
36KB, 480x480px
>>34267884
And the most disturbing post on 4chan goes to..
>>
>>34267829
They're shit, buy a Marlin 70PSS or a Ruger Takedown
>>
>>34267829
Triggers are awful, like worse than glock awful.
>>
>>34267906
(You)
>>
>>34267829

The old Armalite made AR-7's are absurdly well made. Also, the early Charters used Armalite parts.

At peak, I had five AR-7's of various makes, curretly down to an early Armalite (brow/green stock) and an early Charter (Using an Armalite barrel and internals).

Magazines are their weak spot, and there are a lot of shitty AR-7 mags out there.
>>
>>34267874
>>34267929
OP here. I have a 10/22 takedown too. Nice rifle, but still bulkier than I really want to haul around all summer. The AR will fit inside my suitcase, which is a big plus. I don't need incredible accuracy; just something fun to go to the range or innawoods with, and that will be better than nothing if someone tries breaking into my hotel room somewhere.
>>
File: Ruger 10 22 takedown.jpg (52KB, 650x508px) Image search: [Google]
Ruger 10 22 takedown.jpg
52KB, 650x508px
>>34267829
I have a Armalite AR-7. Cool idea, but the sights are shit.
I have one of these also. for another hundred bucks you can have a .22 that shoots much better, more reliably and can find Magazines/parts for it anywhere
>>
>>34268053
They're probably a bit more money (and did not exist 30 + years ago).

Otherwise, you're right.
>>
>>34268103
What about the Marlin takedown?
>>
>>34268139
Depends on which one. There have been "takedown" .22's long before the AR-7, but very few could offer it's cheapness and compactness.

My first AR-7 was ~$30.00, bought because a Papoose was over a C-note, used.

As a stand alone rifle the Papoose was likely better, but for something someone could fit the whole piece and a mag (or two if you're sneaky) into a bouyant and compact package, it was very tough to beat.

Then I bought my first Armalite AR-7, with the goofy triangular box (NOS), for a whopping $125.00.

Sure there are better takedown .22's out there, and there are better .22 rifles out there. The AR-7 is still very hard to beat for being very compact, and once you have good mags and learned it's quirks, very reliable.

20/2 hindsight though, I'd buy a Ruger takedown. Not just because I used to work for Ruger.
>>
>>34268224
Thanks Meplat, I hope your knees don't bother you too much.
>>
>>34267829
Good Motel Room gun. Assemble it at night before you go to bed, break it down in the morning when you leave. I have one of the Henry's and it works fine.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezOYLwOl7oQ

ar-7 a shit.
>>
The new henry's are dildos. I've bought three, each time hoping this one would be the one and each time being disappointed. They jamp regularly, each with top-shelf ammo, the barrel deforms under the barrel nut especially when warm and the front sites come loose when jostled.

I love the AR-7, I think it's just the most adorable thing ever, but they leave a lot to be desired in functionality.
>>
>>34267829
Picking mine up tomorrow from dealer. Would go today but i get paid tomorrow and they have American Eagle .22lr for 50 box at $2.49 or 500 box for 24.90. Gonna get me a case of 5000.
>>
Twas a fag on out/ that rucked with it down a number of trails. Kept him fed and cycled reliably.

That being said, i'd fiddle with ammo to have a range of options. Also, not the fastest thing in the world so i'd buy a can of mace for those inbetween moments.

Bear mace.
>>
>>34267829
i own one. its okay. Itll never win any awards but it will take game reliably. i with the barrels were stronger though. You can actually flex them about 4 degrees because its just a liner coated heavily in teflon to prevent rust. that said its fairly accurate at squirrel ranges. i like it. i keep it in my /out/k/ bag. with 150 rounds.
>>
>>34268998
that doesnt float.
>>
That girl must be tiny because the AR-7 is closer in size to a bongistani pistol than any proper rifle.
>>
File: FN-FAL-600x384.1421389184[1].jpg (27KB, 600x384px) Image search: [Google]
FN-FAL-600x384.1421389184[1].jpg
27KB, 600x384px
Is it bad that I want an AR-7 but only to use the receiver as a sort of .22lr "gearbox" to stuff into exterior shell dressup kits a la airshit guns?

I had plans for a .22lr shell for the AR-7 in the shape of an FN FAL, but it would require me to remove the trigger guard and dremel away the back plate since the AR-7 would be sitting where the FAL's magwell is. Then there's the questionable legality of hiding the AR 7's serial number behind the shell so it's not visible from the outside.
>>
>>34267829
>finger discipline
>finger isn't reaching the trigger anyway
>>
>>34267884
Imagine putting that much effort into your fetish and then not even waxing. Pathetic
>>
>>34267829

I have a Charter Arms AR-7 (the original commercial manufacturer).

It's crude, but it works well, and was a decent shooter, at least to the 25 yard line I shot it at last. I don't ever remember it giving me an issue.

It's been in the back of the safe for years, I should pull it out soon.
>>
>>34267829
I shot one at the range. The iron sights remind me of the sten's. It's accurate enough.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.