[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cali fag woes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0008.jpg (566KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0008.jpg
566KB, 1920x1080px
I bought an ar-15 and a ak before the ban last year. I went to pick up my pistol today and he said I see you have 2 "assault weapons" and tells me I need to pay to get my weapons raped or they are illegal. I will also be on a list with other assault weapons owners. Obviously I will not pay to have my weapons stripped but why do these bleeding heart cocksuckers think people will really do this?
>>
>>34266876
INB4 Racism
FPBP
>>
>>34266876
You should have told him to mind his fucking business then shoved your cock down his throat.
>>
>>34266876
Post their name faggot

Make sure no one shops their again.
>>
File: IMG_2118.jpg (803KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2118.jpg
803KB, 1632x1224px
>>34266876
Technically you have until the end of 2017 to either register the guns as "Assault Weapons" or make them featureless. As for whether people will do that or not? I'd imagine folks closer to the cities will probably at least make them featureless just to avoid the potential buttfucking they'd get if they got pulled over with them in the car.

Registering them is pointless, you can't remove the bullet button under this new legislation and you have to keep the paperwork on you at all times, can't pass it down to your kids etc etc.

I just ended up grip wrapping mine since I already had a muzzle brake and no forward grips. It sucks, but until theres a major shift in the politicians in sacramento, the laws ain't going to be going in our favor anytime soon.
>>
>>34267053
Yea it sucks and I'm paranoid to go to the range with them now. Either way I am glad that I bought them. They are the only thing that will save us if shit hits the fan. Those are very nice anon!
>>
>>34266876
Who is "he", exactly? The gun shop employee? If so, politely say: "Yes, I'm getting it all taken care of, thank you", pick up your gun, never shop there again, and warn everybody on Calguns.net
>>
>>34267107
This and also burn their store down and spray paint "collaborator" on the wall
>>
>>34267107
It was a small gun store in Chico. I forget the name I will look at the paper work again for my pistol. And that's what I said I was all happy and told him I would be back with my money to get them "legalized". Obviously not going to ever go back
>>
>>34267101
>Yea it sucks and I'm paranoid to go to the range with them now.
There are ranges that don't care. My local is VERY strict on what ammo you can fire, but basically doesn't care what gun you shoot it through. They'll boot your ass without a second thought for firing steel case or FMJ on their range, but people show up with rifles with full features all the time, and some visibly don't even have bullet buttons, and nobody cares.
>>
>>34267132
It was the owner of the store.
>>
File: IMG_2115.jpg (799KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2115.jpg
799KB, 1632x1224px
>>34267101
Thanks! They're my bench queens and weigh a ton, but I love em. The Sig716 on the bottom in particular is an absolute pig of a rifle, but it's crazy accurate, especially with my handloads.

Also touching back to yoru original point, that was kinda a dick move by the shop saying you have assault weapons and shit, they should have been more informative, like "hey just FYI, you have until the end of the year to make a decision on those guys, just helping you out etc etc"

Using that alarmist bs helps no one.
>>
>>34266876
Move to the real American
>>
>>34267134
They only care about that because steel core will wreck their lanes and they have to sort the steel casings out of the brass
>>
>>34266876

Buy at least an 80% to work with in the future. You'll be glad you did later. Fuck that LGS though.

>>34267053
>>34267147

On the top rifle, what is that on the barrel? Is it the JP heat dissapator? How well does it work? Considering one for my own build.

>JP Modular handguard

Aesthetic as fuck. They don't list them on their site though, or is it just me? Have been saving up for one for an LR308 build in the future.
>>
>>34267147
Cant you use grips with thumbhole?
>>
File: IMG_2116.jpg (786KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2116.jpg
786KB, 1632x1224px
>>34267212
Good eye! Yup that's my JP 22" bull barrel with the heat dissipator. As for the actual heat dissipation, the handguard stays really cool and I haven't seen any drifting with regular fire, but I haven't gone full ham rapid fire with it to fully test it out, but yeah it seems to work and looks awesome as hell.

>>34267214
Sadly no, the new assault weapon legislation specifically exempts pistol grips/thumbhole stocks as valid stocks.

If I wanted a thumbhole, I'd have to register it as a full assault weapon.
>>
File: IMG_1724_1.jpg (549KB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1724_1.jpg
549KB, 1632x1224px
>>34267254
And here it is from another angle.
>>
>>34267260
Fucking beautiful
>>
>>34267254
>>34267260

Thanks mang. I'm going to build it very similar to yours, only on the LR308 platform though. I think I'll end up going with the 22" and a 15" handguard if I can still find them. I'm honestly jealous of yours, it looks sweet af.

One last thing, what's the scope you're using on that one?
>>
File: IMG_1968.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1968.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>34267314
Thank you kindly!

>>34267322
Sure thing, that's the Bushnell Elite Tactical HDMR scope

http://bushnell.com/tactical/riflescopes/elite-tactical/hdmr-3-5-21x-50mm-horus-h-59

I ended up going with the Horus reticle. The tension lines are a bit thick and busy (definitely thicker than the Vortex scope line just FYI) but I liked it specifically because of that due to my bad eyesight. Glass is clear, though the scope itself is a bit on the hefty side, it's actually very short, could easily mount on a smaller rifle without looking out of place. I liked it so much I ended up putting it on both my JP and my Sig716
>>
>>34266876
>being a powdercuck
If you dont have a pcp air rifle, you are asking to be raped by the government

California does this because San Fagsisco and LA have the highest density of voters, who happen to be sheltered urbanites. Guns literally trigger them

t. Californian technically-noguns faggot
>>
>>34266898
^THIS x100
>>
>>34267371
Yup bunch of yuppies who can't stand guns I want to move states. That's the goal but I have a great job here. It sucks because I make good money and can't spend it on shit I want.
>>
>>34267368

thanks man, you're the type that's needed here in imo.

I'll definitely consider that scope, I didn't know if Bushnell was still worth purchasing, especially with everyone going either Nightforce or Vortex it seems. I've strongly been considering a fixed magnification SWFA like the 10x42 or 6x42 for my own build for babbys' first long range project, plus my eyesight also sucks. Reticle is dare I say, p nice looking imo. I need to shoot way more.
>>
Is it correct that if one registers their AR as an "assault weapon" you would not be required to have a featureless rifle? Or is their still hoops you have to jump through even if it's registered. Seems like there wouldn't be any motivation to do so.
>>
>>34267254
Cali is so fucking shit
Just drill a hole in that plastic m8
>>
>>34267389
It's called C W Enterprises
>>
>>34267426
Glad to help, yeah I'm not sure about the rest of their scopes, but Bushnell's elite line has definitely been solid for me. I'm liking them so far.

>>34267427
As far as I understand the new legislation its like this:

If you want keep standard pistol grips/flash hiders/forward vertical grips things like that, you'll have to register your weapon as an assault weapon no later than 12/31/2017. You CANNOT remove the bullet button under this new legislation at the last reading/analysis I've seen.

Keep in mind this then requires you to:

-Keep the AW paperwork on you at all times when transporting the AW
-Can't transfer/sell/pass down weapon until you deconvert it to featureless and deregister it.
-Can't go anywhere with gun except from your place of residence and your shooting destination, no stopping for food or a movie with AW in vehicle.

Going featureless will avoid the registration requirement but then you lose the ability to use pistol grips/ Vertical foregrips etc and your muzzle device cannot have ANY flash hiding capabilities attached to it in sales description/packaging etc.
>>
>>34267506
The pistol grip and bullet button thing is what bothers me the most. This nonesense has to have impacted businesses, there's no motivation to buy an AR I might as well get something designed to function like a semi auto rifle that doesn't have to be neutered like big spooky AR. Not to say that people in California are dumb for having bought ARs, I just imagine for the average consumer it doesn't add up.
>>
>>34267506
>>34267587
If it was just a paper work thing or a card so be it, you need to present some sort of paperwork for a ccw. No issues there, the rest of fucked.
>>
File: Hera stock.jpg (35KB, 660x439px) Image search: [Google]
Hera stock.jpg
35KB, 660x439px
>>34267587
Oh hell yeah I know what you mean. What was most infuriating about those new laws is that they were passed last july, and we only got the final wording of the implementation sometime around March/April of this year about whether we can get rid of the bullet button or not. I mean fuck, I don't think even the website to actually register your AW is even up and running yet either.

It's a complete cluster fuck all around.

As for the ARs, it's actually not too bad right now, the bigger vendors like turners have more or less fully restocked their AR inventory with featureless ARs that don't look like ass. A lot of companies are either coming out with their own featureless stocks, going with the Hera Stock, or just going with a monsterman grip. So folks are at least making the best of a bad world I suppose.
>>
>>34267743
Those stocks are shoddily made pieces of shit.
>>
>>34267439
thumbhole stocks are illegal, too. :(
>>
>>34267945
*on """""assault weapons"""""
>>
>>34267766
>I know this because I heard someone on /k/ say it
>>
I was looking at getting one of these. What do you guys think? Anyone here have one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifGhh7UwrS0
>>
>>34268121
I know this because I've seen pictures of them disassembled. They're clamshell injection molded with shitty ABS with no glass reinforcement. Prove me wrong fagget.
>>
>>34266898

EXACTLY

and bump

OP
next time remind the faggot to mind his own fucking mouth or you'll shut it for him at 3 am.
>>
>>34267743
Government moves slow man. Just scary knowing I could buy an AR now and at some point have even more bullshit added on. What's next? No rails, hey guys no more box magazines. Scary to think .223 might get stupid expensive if we get another AR pre ban situation. If I could get an AR and register it and have no bullet button I honestly would. As much as a disagree with the legislation. Let's hope for no more shootings in California, any excuse these Fuckers find to limit the rights of a product they'll take it. It's like saying you can buy a kitchen knife but it can't have a grip.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.