[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/, does hazing exist in special forces units, or are they too

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 2

File: GettyImages-1373484.jpg (730KB, 3000x2078px) Image search: [Google]
GettyImages-1373484.jpg
730KB, 3000x2078px
/k/, does hazing exist in special forces units, or are they too professional for that? if yes, is it as prevalent as the army?

also, for the Russian military, i know that dedovshina is a thing, but does it also exist in GRU or FSB units?
>>
>>34266119
Yes. It is necessary to break in the greenies (green as grass new guys)

Yes.

(Current Navy Seal)
>>
>>34266119
There is little shit like blood wings and blood crabs that I can tell you still happen religiously on the down low.
>>
Special Forces training is essentially an extended hazing ritual.

Russian units haze people even harder than western units.
>>
>>34266126
how is special forces hazing different than normal military hazing?
>>
>>34266126
>current navy seal
hmm
i dunno man
i could say that and i only read American sniper
>>
>>34266126
Thank you for your service
>>
>>34266119
Yes read any autobiography. In the 75th its institutionallized. Chris Kyle talked about getting the shit kicked out him constantly but that was pre Iraq war so hazing was everywhere
>>
>>34266130
Don't those things have to do with a woman's period? Where do they get that stuff if there aren't any women in special forces?
>>
>>34266119
>i know that dedovshina is a thing
Only for conscripts, the enlisted dudes don't have it.
>does it also exist in GRU or FSB units
No, they don't differ much from their NATO counterparts in terms of everyday living. Sleep, eat, train, go to deploy, repeat.
>>
>>34266126
Tank (You)s for you're cervix
>>
>>34266200
It's where everybody punches the pointy backed end of a newly earned badge into your chest.

The innuendo is just a bonus.
>>
>>34266126
>>34266143
So SEALS and Spetsnaz... not exactly the most professional of the world's SF

>inb4 I'm a sniper with over 300 confirmed kills...
SEALS are like the Marines in that they buy into their over-inflated reputation. And then go out of their way to try and justify their egos. Like the fellow who was on the team that killed Bin Laden, and who broke formation and didn't cover his comrades properly, because he wanted to be the one who could brag about killing the target (and in all likelihood, didn't) and then Canoed his dead body, thereby ruining any chances of 100% positive ID of the target.

You wouldn't see the SAS or Delta pulling that kind of amateur hour shit. And that's why they're Tier 1 and the SEALS aren't.
>>
>>34266119
> SF
> "professional"

I could be wrong, but isn't the whole purpose of a SF unit "controlled chaos"?

Like figuring out the best, most random, least predictable way to get in, kill a bunch of people, grab a few more people, and get out?
>>
>>34266126
Yes, and my dad works at Nintendo.
>>
>>34266227
I've never met a Green Beret that wasn't a professional. They were all mature and acted like adults. On the other hand, every Ranger I've met acted like a stuck up child.
>>
>>34266217
That sounds p hardcore
>>
>>34266119
Dedovshina is a thing of private and NCO ranks who live in the barracks. FSB units like all normal people live in homes outside military jurisdiction so they have no time and place to practice dedovshina . "Regular" GRU units may have but all information about them is very classified so most cases of hazing would be kept hidden.
>>
>>34266268
Seriously? From what I know, Rangers grow their own, from 18 year olds so it's expected to be a fraternity-like environment, whereas most SF have had TIS so they are more laidback. And not to mention that Rangers are bred to go and fuck shit up, so that hyper-violent mentality probably gets to them as well.

Rangers and SEALs are both Tier 2 right?
>>
>>34266310
It just leaves a bit of a bruise if people are assholes and pull the badge out between punches (and they usually do). It hurts a bit, but it's all in good fun.

I had a guy drop kick my once for his turn to hit the badge.
>>
>>34266174
Its actually allowed. You don't have pussy snitches in SF that run to the media when they get hazed.
>>34266184
fag
>>34266185
No need to thank me
>>34266205
Bad spelling dude. You have a stroke?
>>34266233
cool for you
>>34266225
Well I can only share what I know.
And Delta is full of hot headed agro retards.
You wan't professional? Go SAD
Delta is full of Larry Vickers types
>>
>>34266119
I think SF selection, the schools that follow, are enough hazing.

Not much need to prove yourself after that.

But yah, have some bloodwings and watch your ass during promotions and birthdays.

It's easy to opt out. It's your birthday? Cling close to your rifle, if downrange Birthday? Don't come to any birthday party you are invited to

You will not be any less respected for dodging a hazing.

If they get you, fight back! It makes it even more hilarious and two E7's an O-3 and WO3 and 4 spc's all get cool bruises on your birthday.

You don't like hazing? Fight like crazy! You get x500% more respect anyways. I never got hazed after. I didn't play nice. I hit people with my rifle. I put a E-7 in a scarf choke. I kicked I think 3 people in the nuts.

Don't get me wrong, I got for the worse for wear. But it was worth it. I had quiet promotions and birthday ever after.
>>
>Anons sincerely replying to a Hunter 3-1 namefag

The new is real.
>>
/k/ have any SoFs worked with women on any missions, I'm not saying women as a part of a unit or anything like that but simply having to work with them for any reason that might require a female?
>>
>>34266394

plenty of vaginas on the logistics side of things, some lady helo pilots also

>require a female

interesting wording

I will let you in on a secret: women exist in the modern armed forces because prostitution and camp following is banned.

Sub-par performance in non-critical departments staffed mostly by women is tolerated because they are the replacement for prostitutes.
>>
>>34266355
hazing isnt about some namby pamby "proving yourself" bullshit its about taking out frustrations on the new guys and doing hilarious pranks
>>
>>34266394
I worked with FETs. A FET mission isn't a do-or-die critical mission. It's green hat making friends with the disgusting loathsome locals and usually the FETs did a good job. Every FET I worked with was some astounding creature of a female soldier.

So I won't go there, They were effective, and by effective I mean they talked to female local nationals and searched them and they helped do shit we would try to not do, searching houses, talking to little kids, ect FETs, way better.

SO many stories. But, FETs are literally (literally) the best the United States has to offer in terms of female soldiers, how I look at it. Some, most are very good soldiers, objectively speaking. Talking shit to them is disparaging your own country, your own people, really.
>>
>>34266225
Hate to break it to you, but the SEALs that killed Bin Laden were part of DEVGRU (Seal Team 6), which is a Tier 1 Unit.
>>
>>34266559
Tier 1 doesn't real
>>
>>34266268
Ah. OK.

Was reading some literature about Delta from it's forming to the 80s, written by some guy who was in one of the first few classes to get through selection, and then ended up being like one of the head dudes. Gave me the impression of "controlled chaos".
>>
>>34266376
fag
>>34266827
Your tier 1 guys know they are the absolute best out there.
Think NFL linebackers. Loud, arrogant and Strong. You want them watching your back but not dating your sister.
Pretty simple stuff
>>
>>34266514
Were any of them hot?
>>
>>34266944
Yuh, Most all of them. But I like the feminine form, also I'm married. Also, I tend to look at people I work with, in a very different way than I look at people I actually like, like mye family.

I won't go too much into that because it's boring.

Anyways, these are not ladies working in this position because they're durable enough to keep up and smart enough to know what the fuck is going on.

Sounds simple, but rare qualities. Doesn't mean some other operators didn't bang them

Not me. Seems like fucking your sister. Your retarded sister. Not MYmy retardered sister YOUR RETARDED SISTER. You see how this awkard?

I know folks sniffing on the FETs, but, nope, not me, sorry.
>>
>>34267089
I'm glad there is an actual niche for women in the military besides clerical, etc.

Women in combat is fucking stupid but it sounds like FET's are a good fit for them.
>>
>>34267089
How slutty are FET's?

Also, you didnt fuck them because of autism?
>>
>>34266559
>>34266225
OOF
>>
>>34266174
rape
>>
>>34266336
>Delta is full of Larry Vickers types
i don't exactly know much about larry snickers, what's bad about him?
>>
>>34266119
I was a green beret for 4 years and every time we got a new addition, we would go to the liquor store, buy vodka, rum, whiskey, you name it, and we would have greenie drink all of it. or at least until he is throwing up or couldn't drink anymore. We also had this dirty old fursuit because one of our boys was a furfag and greenie had to wear that to bed. I'd say good times but I can't walk right or go to sleep without seeing bodies anymore.
>>
>>34266119
Yes, but it exists to introduce new folks to unit culture and ultimately it build camaraderies.

i.e. Why you see so many Rangers in bar fights; new guys are routinely liquored up and told to go start a fight with someone who needs their ass kicked.
>>
>>34267985
Camaraderie*
>>
>>34267978
>>34267985
what if the new guy doesn't drink?
>>
>>34268029
Well our backup plan was have him swim across one of the on base lakes with the fursuit. But usually they all drank.
>>
>>34266336
you ever work with any combat control?
>>
>>34266119
>are they too professional for that

What some pussies call "hazing" would be what some professionals call operant conditioning.

ALL animal behavior, including humans, is motivated by 1 of 2 things, pleasure, or pain. As a military leader, you can't offer much pleasure, but you can sure as fuck make somebodies life miserable. That's why militaries have employed the use of positive punishment in the past....which isn't "hazing", but conditioning.

"Hazing" is something that takes place with little to no purpose, but most of the shit the military does / did that pussies would call "hazing" actually has a purpose and isn't "hazing", but conditioning.
>>
>>34267978
>I was a green beret

Were you really, pal? Were you really a "green beret"?

Sure you were.
>>
>>34268029
I think you're confused - as a new guy in Batt, you do what you're told.
>>
>>34266355
Wouldn't that make you a prick for not being one of dem boyz?
>>
>>34266514
Tf? The reason they ended the fet program was because more than half of them were getting fucking pregnant.
>>
>>34268156
Is the fratbro initiation really bad in Batt for a cherry private?

I was considering 35M but I don't wanna be fucked all the time
>>
>>34267959
>attention whore
>fat (uses service as an excuse)
>beyond full of himself
>asshole to people around him
>BEYOND arrogant (like far beyond most delta types)
>>34268083
Yes.

Oh and I'm using the Hunter name to troll that autist. I'm not Hunter or one of his trolling bros.
I am attempting to reclaim the name and end that dumb meme
>>
>>34266355
This. My dad was a submariner and while he was in some of his buddies tried to hold him down and give him an ear piercing. He beat the fuck out of them and they left him alone after that.
>>
>>34268747
>Is the fratbro initiation really bad in Batt for a cherry private?

Nope.

You won't get fucked with if you do what you're told and aren't a shitbag.

Regiment is always looking for motivated support dudes, since most of them are welfare in uniform cases. You should try it, as it'll be one of the best places you'll ever serve.
>>
>>34266514
I worked with FETs too, you are a white knight fuckface liar.

>broke down mid training
>multiple times
>complained
>complained
>special treatment during workup and deployment as in no watch no matter how low on people the FOB or op was
>broke down during the little pussy ass patrols that were mostly for show.
>fucked so many guys that they ended up getting 'banished' for lack of a better term back to the major bases for the rest of deployment that were so big and comfortable that they had bus systems and hot showers and electricity.

Heres an objective fact, and not just an observation: they were net wastes of resources, time, training, and attention.
>>
>>34271170

The ideas that females help gather intel in any way is held only by shitbag units that didn't have CASH MONEY to pay men for information.

You give me the 1-2K your spending on having some bitch slow down men in-country for "intel gathering", and I'll spend that cash and get more intel than any bitch ever could.

But, of course, the budget Jews, and the fucked up army leadership don't trust their own soldiers with cash like that.

Fuck the army.....
>>
>>34271482
And whiteknight military faggots.

Can't forget about those pieces of shit.
>>
>>34266336
hi I like to eat poop ;)
>>
>>34266126
Bullshit. What coast, faggot?
>>
>>34266559
in name only
>>
>>34272401
and funding
>>
File: 1491365217735.jpg (97KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1491365217735.jpg
97KB, 720x960px
>>34266559
>he thinks "Tier 1" is a real thing
jesus christ
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.