[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FAL or PTR?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

I have been thinking this over for a few months and I cannot decide between the two as my next rifle. I was thinking of getting one because of that Real Fucking NATO sexual healing. Primarily,however, I mainly want one to use that DAG blue plastic training ammo because of the cost per round. I figured it would be a good and cheap way to get in some trigger time on a cool rifle. They both are really awesome rifles but for right now I can only afford one. Can you guys help maybe edge me one way or another?

Between the two in my mind they both have some pros and cons:

FAL:
+Seems better for a lefty
+Adjustable gas system seems useful
+Easy to clean and maintain
+Huge amounts of surplus spare parts
-Mags are a bit expensive
-A non Voyager DSA is a bit pricey
-Building a FAL costs the same as a Voyager

PTR:
+Super cheap mags
+PTR91 costs about the same as a Voyager online
+Blowback means those spent cases have nowhere to go but out
+Standard sights seem better
-Ergonomics seem wonky for a lefty
-G3 training bolts would raise the overall cost up to a good DSA
-Annoying to clean
?-?Bolt gap might become an issue down the road
>>
>>34264357
>lists ptr's price being the same as the voyager as being a pro
Neither of these rifles have any right costing as much as they do, settle on the c308 just because its affordable and is the exact same parts kit gun
>>
>>34264434
Don't they have shit accuracy?
>>
>>34264452
No, the newest ones mostly use ptr parts and cetme parts
Besides that, accuracy is in the hand sof its user
>>
>>34264654
I am referring to the barrels. They are not PTR.
>>
>>34264669
Nah they're milspec ptr barrels
Get over it and learn kentucky windage nancy
>>
File: SumPicFrumGoogle.jpg (386KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
SumPicFrumGoogle.jpg
386KB, 1024x768px
>>34264357
Just get an SA58 already.

Faggot.
>>
>>34264703
Sights aren't PTR. Besides this was between a FAL and PTR.
>>
>>34264738
How much do you like it/use it?
>>
>>34264744
And both cost as much as a car so fuck off
>>
Sit and wait till you get an unrefusable deal on either
T. 1k lmt reciever stg58 owner here
>>
>>34264754
Annnd a C308 does as well depending on how you look at it. We get it....you need to defend your purchase.
>>
>>34264778
I havent bought one
I'm trying to save your dumb ass $300
>>
>>34264772
I am probably going to have to do that. Prices in the fun market keep falling since Trump got in. Provided someone doesn't try to beat Anders Behring Breivik's high score by the end of summer prices should fall even more.
>>
Fal. You can make it lighter than a PTR
>>
>>34264786
I like hitting things, thanks.
>>
>>34264754
>being this poor
>>
File: IMG_0350.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0350.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>34264434
Do not take this advise!

Never buy any Century products outside of the WASR's. Spend the extra $100-$200 for the PTR. Comes with an excellent warranty.

As for the FAL vs PTR, be prepared to pay more for a decent FAL.
>>
>>34266836
Ty
>>
Bhump for interest
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.