[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

8 is enough, 20 is plenty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

The thread for men who stand up and hit the porcelain not the floor.

No to any government kit, politics, spacemen, or polymer monstrosities
Yes to anything the man in this picture would approve of
>>
>Yes to anything the man in this picture would approve of
I bet if AKs or M16s were a thing in WW2, he'd much prefer them over the Thompson desu.
>>
STOP MAKING THREADS
>>
>>34262533
The Thompson was the worst widely issued SMG in the whole war- it was obsolete on entry.
>>
>monstrosities

Why do you hate a material that is both lighter and more durable?

And that man in the picture is using 'government kit' you hypocrite.
>>
>>34262533
>>
>>34262576
>obsolete
It reliably fired fully automatically or semiautomatically from detachable magazines with relatively good accuracy. Not sure how it could be considered obsolete in the 40s despite being "heavier" and "more expensive" than most of the competition, which isn't really that critical to it's function.
>>
>>34262556
came here to say this
>>
>>34262611
Did we just read the wikipedia entry on the Thompson and call it good?
>>
>>34262556
What he'd much prefer is being able to go home to his family

>>34262562
Start making good threads

>>34262576
Well you're just trying to upset me

>>34262579
I don't hate the material
What I hate is the monstrosities.
>>
>>34262620
>we
You don't think there's even a chance someone on /k/ happens to know a few fast facts about WW2 SMGs and doesn't have to rely on a notoriously unreliable crutch?
>>
>>34262611
Heavy and expensive to manufacture are precisely why it was obsolete upon entry. The M3 Grease Gun, while hideous to look at, was remarkably superior. The M3 was lighter weight, cheap to make, and reportedly had greater accuracy due to its slower rate of fire.

The Thompson is a fantastic gun, but given the choice between an M3 and a Tommy, I'd take the M3 every time.
>>
File: 1453530751037.gif (1MB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
1453530751037.gif
1MB, 270x270px
>>34262632
>doesn't have to rely on a notoriously unreliable crutch?
So then what are you relying on? Some other unreliable crutch?
>>
>>34262620
Not that guy, but my grandfather used one as an nco in liberating his homeland (Belgium). He fucking loved it and still had a magazine with live ammo from his service issue weapon in his home office in the late 90s - early 00s. He thought it was great and would tell me such at every opportunity.

To be clear, he stayed in until the 60s and left as a lt. col before doing spookish shit for NATO.

And I am going to take his word over some cheeto fingered fuck stick on /k/.
>>
>>34262638
I completely agree that there were better SMGs at the time and especially so as the war progressed. I just don't consider it so flawed that it could be considered "obsolete" in 1939.
>>34262643
Books, m8
>>
>>34262643
Read a book.
>>
>>34262655
>spookish
Fuck off /his/
>>
>>34262656
Post World War One, US military advancement, culture, and tactics stagnated. The Thompson was developed close to the end of World War One and had been on the civilian market for some time after, but domestically there really wasn't any other submachine gun available when the US entered World War Two. The US Army went with what they had and what they could make more of as a stop gap until something better could be pressed into service. Hell, it was a miracle that we had the M1 Garand in sufficient supply.
>>
File: COLTSP1.jpg (53KB, 1200x398px) Image search: [Google]
COLTSP1.jpg
53KB, 1200x398px
>>34262533
Goddamn you're an annoying faggot.

>>34262556
It'd be a way better weapon for sure.
I know I'd sooner go into battle with some old SP1 semi-auto than a full-auto Tommygun.

>>34262576
I wouldn't say it's the worst, but it's certainly nothing fucking special, and it was horribly dated for it's time.

>>34262611
>good accuracy
It's fucking open-bolt, it has nominal accuracy for man sized targets at 50yds, and that's with short bursts.

The thing was expensive and heavy as shit, it took a long time to manufacture, it was not an effective means for arming forces for the time, there were shortages of them, there's a reason the M3 Greasegun was developed.
>>
>>34262655
>muh grampa
Yeah alright.
>>
>>34262628
>>34262533
I'm only here to see how much stupid shit this new tripfag thinks he knows
>>
>>34262610
My word, do those girls lead an active lifestyle

>>34263088
I know I'm tired of you queers at the range spewing implacable bullshit about libcucks and glocks and tactical bullshit and worst of ell those god damn assault rifles. I'd rather have a group of guys show up at the range reeking of reefer than deal with one of you Stoner types. That's what I know.
>>
Does anyone make a good Thompson clone? I only ever see commerative ones at gun shows.
>>
File: Auto Ordnance SBR.jpg (70KB, 900x471px) Image search: [Google]
Auto Ordnance SBR.jpg
70KB, 900x471px
>>34263327
God you sound like such a faggot.

>>34263402
Auto Ordnance.

Pic related is one of their SBRs
>>
>>34262556
>>34263036
I highly doubt that this man would approve of this varmint calibre shooting plastic/aluminium Mattel toy.
>>
File: Colt SP1 Sporter.jpg (291KB, 1936x1296px) Image search: [Google]
Colt SP1 Sporter.jpg
291KB, 1936x1296px
>>34263901
Yeah, because he's probably some sort of STOPPAN POWAH fudd faggot.
>>
>>34262610
god shame about those trashy tats. Nothing says my house can be moved on wheels faster than a tattoo.
>>
>>34264142
The one on the right is tat-free, and clearly the better mate of the pair.

She could throw me around a room any day...
>>
>>34262533
WTF is polymer you fuckin nerd?
>>
>>34262576
It was heavy, expensive and fired a shitty round. But it had double feed magazines and a last shot bho, which was uncommon for for smgs of the era.
>>
>>34263901
Implying he wouldn't think you just handed him a magic space gun that weighs less and outperforms anything he has
>>
Don't know about you but I bet you A Marine BAR gunner would love to have something a bit lighter and with more than 20rds when fighting off a banzai charge.

Quit acting like you know what they would've wanted faggot
>>
>>34266831
I'm willing to bet your average BAR gunner would jizz his pants at the thought of an M249 or RPK74
>>
>>34264134
That's why the FBI uses 9mm right
>>
>>34268264
The FBI are moving back to 9mm, so yes.
>>
>>34268319
Smh
Do they never learn?
>>
>>34264142
>dem thighs doe
>>
>>34268631
But they did, they came to terms with the whole Platt thing being potato, that bringing pistols to fight a dangerous expert rifleman with a deathwish is tactically impaired, that it was a matter of them fucking up, not their equipment, and that it seriously wouldn't have fucking mattered if they brought .40S&W, 10mm or .45ACP pistols, because he was gonna light them all up with his .223 before dying of bloodloss.

9mm works fine and can compete with modern defensive loads, for high risk suspects and warrants, they have proper rifles and armor.
>>
>>34268883
yeah and they'll keep using 9 mil up until the point where they get burned for using fucking 9 mil.
>>
>>34263901
Then how about an AK?
>>
>>34269354
>American
>Man
>Likes AKs
Choose 2
>>
Thompson was heavy
Thompson was expensive

But compared to other SMGs of the era it was not obsolete. It performed about as well as any of them did. Like the KP-31 it was not an ideal arm to manufacture in wartime but they were robust and reliable. Weapons like the M3, and the Sten were much better for an army that needed lots of guns fast, but those guns, while also robust and reliable, were pretty rough around the edges.
>>
>>34269319
Get burned for what? Get lit up in a shootout where they should have brought rifles instead?

They could have carried .44 Magnums when Platt was raining fire on them and it wouldn't have made an appreciable difference.
>>
>>34269526
The Kp31 was heavy too but it had the advantage of +70rd drums, longer range, and basically no recoil at all.
>>
>>34269526
why the fuck are you guys talking about some obscure spurdo shooter instead of the PPSh?
>>
>>34262610
more?
>>
Looking to get an M1

What should I look out for?
>>
>>34270740
The Kp31 is the original gun the Ppshit rips off
>>
>>34262556
And if your aunt had a dick she'd be your uncle.
>>
>>34271536
Make sure it has metal and wood, and they're in good shape.

Or, buy from the CMP.
>>
>>34262628
He's the one who signed up to kill his European brothers on behalf of commie's and Jews
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.