[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

airguns advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: steph_bison.jpg (173KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
steph_bison.jpg
173KB, 600x450px
Sorry if this is a stupid thread, I'm european. If I want a gun I need a license which requires months of paperwork and training. There's always a chance I might not even get it so there is no use rushing the process if I would need a gun quick.
On the other hand in my country all airguns are unregulated, and they can get significantly more powerful than .22 LR.
Reason is to be safer at home in a bad neighborhood which is what all experts and the law will tell me airguns aren't for, and I won't ever argue against them, but all things considered it's seems like a viable option. So I have my eye on two that I can afford and that pack a punch based on some factory/store specs and youtube reviews.

Evanix Max-ML. This bullpup is a side lever action comes in .50 (12.7 mm) caliber with 5 shot magazine capacity, about 185 ft/lbs (250 joule) muzzle energy and shoots at 670 fps (204 m/s).
Downside of this gun is you can't shoot rapidly, but I think still quick enough to not let any attacker approach. Requires more training.

The other one is a full/semi auto versoin, Evanix Max, that is a lower caliber (.35/9 mm) that shoots at about 800 fps (245 m/s) with muzzle energy about 110 ft/lbs (150 joule), 6 shot magazine capacity.
The benefit here is rapid fire. The downside is weaker power, from what I understand just a little less than a .22LR and I'm wondering will it be useful, if necessary, to get the upperhand in a messy situation or will it only piss off the attacker/burglar. This will determine my choice.

I don't want to waste the extra money I have now. Firstly I want to properly understand what I'm getting my hands on. Only just a few days ago I had no significant knowledge or understanding about guns/ballistics.
Is the semi/full auto a safe choice at all considering it's low power, or should I go with the Max-ML?
>>
What country are you in op? I'd go for the 9mm one a 9mm hole in anyone will fuck them up also look for heavier ammo and hollow points dump all energy you can inside their body anything over 50ft/lbs of energy will cause alot of damage inside the body depending on bullet diameter
>>
>>34262559
Netherlands. So I took the .22LR standard as a sort of guide not knowing the threshold of what energy starts becoming damage. So you're saying 50 ft/lbs which is way less than average .22LR, then I think the semi/full auto still is an option because it is at least twice as powerful as 50 ft/lbs. Thanks
>>
>>34262559
>50ft/lbs of energy will cause alot of damage
what do you base this on? like is there some source to learn more about this?
>>
File: Capture+_2017-06-15-09-02-45-1.png (12KB, 1123x80px) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2017-06-15-09-02-45-1.png
12KB, 1123x80px
All I see.
>>
>>34262517
>no regulations on air guns
>250 J air rifle
I wish the same regulations in Poland. Air rifles up to 17 J are joke
>>
>>34262659
Sure man it is called hydrostatic shock and it takes a minimum of around 50ft/lbs of energy to occur however a heavier larger slower moving object produces more hydrostatic shock than faster lighter smaller moving object for instance a .22 rifle cartridge going 1200fps will do less damage than a .50cal doing 500fps alot of it is to do with dumping energy within the body a hammer blow for instance is a heavy slow moving object it produces a high hydrostatic shock and breaks bones and tissue without penetration however a .22lr going 1200fps will pass through a human quite cleanly and may not cause alot of damage
>>
>>34262836
17j or 12ftlbs is enough to kill rabbits and small birds every time my .22 air rifle is 12ftlbs and it kills rabbits out to 50yds a 17j air rifle in .22 or .25 will drop a human being if hit in vital areas a .177 or .20 may struggle however bit it is not impossible
>>
Find out wether there are ballistic gelatine tests or something like that. It's doubtful either of these guns achieves the 12 inch standard for penetration; go for the one with more penetration. For comparison, a .380 ACP has at least 250 J and that's considered the bare acceptable minimum for self defense.
Also, make sure it's reliable. These things are probably way more complex and less sturdily built than firearms.
Also, if you're worried about it failing entirely, get a sword/machete as backup.
>>
>>34262517
So a point blank headshot with one of these air guns would do what exactly? Kill? KO? Or just put a bump on his head?
>>
>>34262517
If its got more energy than .22lr than it will kill a person. Its not the best choice, but if its your only choice it will work
>>
>>34263221
You shoot anyone with a firearm travelling faster than 100fps it will penetrate 300fps it will break bone if you shoot someone with a heavy .50cal bullet going 600fps you will kill them no doubt about it
>>
>>34263242
.22lr and .22 short were originally designed to be concealed weapons to kill people and both have adequately killed people in the past at the very least you will wound and deter any attacker hell the noise and sight of a 9mm or .50cal airgun would make me thing twice
>>
In the usa and south Africa they hunt boar with .50cal airguns if you shoot and drop a boar you can shoot and drop a man very easily
>>
>>34263221
Well some sources say a .22lr has about 170j so imagine a more powerful shot with a larger round. Since we're talking about .50 with the max-ml. What the 9mm with 150 joule will do is probably not any healthier but I think someone else can be more specific here. I imagine it will penetrate the skull and damage the brain. I've seen airguns with 2000 joule too but can't afford those and less versatile.
>>
>>34263294
Lmao whats the point of having guns banned when these air guns are for all intents and purposes real guns
>>
>>34263314
>implying politicians have adequate brains and won't ban these at some point too

The time to buy is now desu
>>
>>34262957
good
>>
>>34263314
I can't speak for the Netherlands, but here in bongland the tl:dr is that basically air gun technology has outpaced legislation. And because guns (and especially airguns) are such an obscure hobby (in the UK anyhow), people aren't really exposed to it, so no one cares. I don't have any airguns but I shoot clay and my uni friends usually don't even know that it's legal to own a shotgun for sporting purposes.
>>
>>34264157
Legal to own a shotgun fullstop so long as you have written permission to shoot on some land same with a FAC I have a rifle for deer 3 shotgun and 2 air guns for rabbits and crows basic vermin the two I use the most are my air rifle and my baikal semi auto shotgun
>>
>>34264372
what country this?
>>
>>34264447
UK
>>
>>34263084
same brand different rifle, similar specs
https://youtu.be/-iACiJBPZoU?t=57
>>
>>34264704
wth trying again

https://youtu.be/-iACiJBPZoU
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.