[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Submarine Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 32

File: HMS Ambush control room.jpg (99KB, 800x510px) Image search: [Google]
HMS Ambush control room.jpg
99KB, 800x510px
Transient at 170, 5000 yards.

All ahead flank, left full rudder, action stations torpedo.
>>
File: subresurfaceice.webm (586KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
subresurfaceice.webm
586KB, 1280x720px
>>34262473
>>
>>34262483
Which T boat is that?

>>34262473
It's "Torpedo Stations" rather than action stations torpedo
>>
>>34262473
Anyone else really enjoying Cold Waters?
>>
File: T-5 RDS-9 warhead. 3.5 KT.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
T-5 RDS-9 warhead. 3.5 KT.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>34262502
It would be so much more enjoyable if the AI wasn't so broken when it came to enemy subs using active sonar the whole time.

lack of a mission editor really spoils replayability too.

hopefully, the workshop content will provide better subs and scenarios soon.

No SUBROC or other nuclear weapons is a shame too (pic related)
>>
Have you played HMS Marulken?
>>
>>34262514
I'm hopeful for AI updates as they just released a patch that changes some evasion patterns for them.

There are already some new submarine mods out that are nice, the 688i one is basically seal clubbing though.

No nukes is a bummer but completely understandable imho...
>>
>>34262514
>It would be so much more enjoyable if the AI wasn't so broken when it came to enemy subs using active sonar the whole time.
That was Soviet ASW strategy circa 1984. Passive sensors were lacking, so they tended to use active to help lock down possible targets.
If its too easy, try upping the difficulty.
>>
>>34262473
>"The year is 1984. The soviets have created a time machine and stolen sonarbouy technology from the year 2046. Using what little money they had left they trained a crack battalion of ASW pilots capable of instantly finding submarines as soon as they raise their ESM masts or fire a missile. Armed with an seemingly unlimited supply of torpedoes they fly over every ship in the Soviet Navy.
Now you, as the solo suriving NATO ship, must stop the Soviet menace before it is too late! Work with...um command... as you single handly destroy the entire Soviet Navy that should've spent less money on time machines and more money on training Captains to evade torpedoes. Go weapons free and fire at every contact you detect immediately to blast your way throught the campaign because your captain's sixth sense knew it was going to be a bad guy anyway. Steer your torpedoes like a kamikaze pilot for pinpoint accuracy to bring the Soviet bear to its knees."

Shit, i might have to buy this
>>
>>34262582
>I don't know that games come with difficulty settings: The Post.
>>
>>34262582
Honestly the only good point in this is that you are literally the only NATO sub ship or plane out there. I wanna see more allied vessels and planes.
>>
>>34262541
This has nothing to do with Russian submarines pinging constantly with active sonar
>>
>>34262635
Yes it does. Would you like for me to repeat myself? Or would you like to take another swing at reading the post?

Wait, you didnt read 'ASW' and that that only applied to surface ships did you?
Boy I hope not. That would be dumb as fuck.
>>
File: 1493569184528.jpg (112KB, 800x546px)
1493569184528.jpg
112KB, 800x546px
>>
>>34262514
>that's 3.5 kT
holy SHIT

was that really close to the surface or what?

>>34262502
do you recommend it? it just looks like silent hunter.
>>
>>34262670
I recommend it but it isn't as detailed or in depth as Silent Hunter. Best thing it has going for it is modability and built in modern sub and asw combat elements so it isn't just a modern day mod of a WW2 sub game.
>>
>>34262502
>Cold Waters

>literally nothing to see under water
>The main screen is the under water view

why?
>>
>>34262705
It has great unit models though, and you can just open up a map full screen if you like that...
>>
File: fba.jpg (24KB, 453x439px)
fba.jpg
24KB, 453x439px
>>34262502

>Hey, it look like fu...
>no waypoints, you control your sub with WASD
>>
>>34262715
No waypoints sucks, I have no idea why they don't have it for your own ship when they have it for weapons.

And it isn't WASD but I get your point.
>>
>Still no modern Fleet Command where beside the combat field, you also have to answer to Congressional committee to why you just wasted 2 F18 over some lousy airport.
>>
>>34262650
At no point in the cold war did Russian submarines sail around randomly pinging the ocean in the vain hope they get a return.

An alerted submarine might, but never an unaltered one.

And no amount of your posturing will change that.
>>
>>34262862
They don't ping all the time in the game, just when they detect torps fired at them or if you make a lot of noise then quiet back down.
>>
>>34262862
You are a fucking moron.
They are pinging because you are a fucking moron and have alerted them by making enough noise to attract attention. Because their passive sensors suck, they pinh when they think their might have been something out there.

Something like a fucking moron.
Something like you.
>>
>>34262652

STUD
>>
I get nervous in sub threads
>>
>>34262874
>>34263254

diesel subs and some SSN's will continually ping from mission start on higher difficulty settings.

try playing the game outside of baby mode.
>>
>>34262514
the second, smaller cloud/blow out right after the initial blast, was that the boat? like was it vaporizing or did the boiler blow up?
>>
>>34262473
>Responding to close contact portside abaft transient by stomping on the gas
For what purpose?
>>
>>34263914
i think that was a cavity formed by the interference of the shockwave and the boat imploding
>>
File: e840a7c5e4719edb5bad631c34ba9e88.jpg (509KB, 2048x1258px) Image search: [Google]
e840a7c5e4719edb5bad631c34ba9e88.jpg
509KB, 2048x1258px
>>34263951

Because if someone is that close and in your baffles then they have probably just launched a torpedo.

Turning to the side reveals the shooter and speeding up increases the distance that the torpedo has to run, giving you more time.
>>
>>34263907
Because they already detected you when the mission started.

Jesus. Its almost impossible you are this fucking stupid.
>>
>>34263875
Subs fascinate me, but also freak me out.

Footage of subs underwater, or even ships below the waterline (especially their screws) really give me the heebiejeebies.
>>
>>34262473
Close, but that would sound more like:
"Conn, SONAR, torpedo in the water bearing 170"
OOD: "TORPEDO EVASION, HELM LEFT FULL RUDDER ALL AHEAD FLANK"
>>
>>34263875
This shit is crazy man, how does one even begin putting that on the paper so that it can be build?
>>
File: race-war.jpg (94KB, 800x461px)
race-war.jpg
94KB, 800x461px
helm come around to one niner five, five degree down bubble.
>>
>>34266231
Then the OOD would order the chief of the watch to man battle stations.
The COW would make a 1mc "man battle stations" sound the general alarm, then say it again.

T. Submariner.

>>34266448
You're triggering my tism.
>>
in Rickover we trust
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed3ePAn5uNc

Watch this guy play. He apparently served on 688s so he knows some stuff.
>>
>>34266541
>T. Submariner
I have a question, as an author doing sci-fi, I have to ask how the fuck does a sub actually run? Like on the people side of things. I get that there's an 18 hour day, but who actually comes up with that? I saw on a USN officer manual that the XO (at least on a carrier) does this and a bunch of other shit, but then what? How is a department organized?

I just don't get how there can be a 6-6-6 schedule without having a surplus of people in any department. I still don't understand what the difference between the "work" part of the schedule and the "watch" part of the schedule, do they literally have a third of the fucking people just dicking around writing down how everything's A-OK? Does the hypothetical department have 12 people?

Military manuals are vague and every time I look something up it has a sentence of "oh this totally exists" followed by a paragraph of stuff about other things. Nobody seems to actually explain why X vessel needs Y number of crew and what it is they do during the day.

>secretly wonder if most of the military spends at least half the day looking busy
>also wonder if I'm just too retarded to notice the obvious
>reee
>>
>>34270365
>the hypothetical department
fugg me I deleted too much.

I asked if a hypothetical department requires four people to run something, pretend it's torpedoes or whatever, so does that mean that somewhere there's two other teams of four scrubbing stuff and sleeping?

Or is it that there's actually one guy standing there staring at a console or perhaps some buttons or something, while another guy scrubs stuff down and the other two sleep? -That- makes more sense to me.
>>
>>34270421

Manning depends on the division, but ya what you said in the second paragraph is correct, mostly.

You have watch, offgoing and oncoming. Watch means you are taking logs and maintaining conditions of the equipment on your watch station i.e. pump bilges if they get full, keeping temperatures/pressures in spec all that stuff as well as keeping an eye out for various casualties that could occur.
Offgoing has you do a bit of cleanup and any maintenance that needs to be done on your equipment, qualifications if your not qualified at least senior in rate watch, and various other daily tasks.
Oncoming is sleep time ideally, although doesn't always work out that way when you throw in things like drill sets, special watches like maneuvering watches and stuff
>>
>>34266027
It seems the stupid one is you, you keep saying the same thign despite being proven wrong on multiple occasions.

I know how the interface works, i know at what range my signature becomes louder than ambient. they sail along pinging - and even then don't detect me.
>>
>>34266231
>"Conn, SONAR, torpedo in the water bearing 170"

1. The royal navy don't speak like that

2. it's not a confirmed torpedo it's just a transient.
>>
>>34272912
So two blocs then? Equal number of hours? I suppose it depends on the navy.

So our hypothetical four guys are in twos in oncoming and offgoing watches, so what would happen during general quarters or something like that? Condition four has most people off-duty, but if bumped up to condition one the watches don't matter and everyone is present at their stations?
>>
File: steel_beach.jpg (163KB, 1656x1242px)
steel_beach.jpg
163KB, 1656x1242px
>cold water comes out
>shit load of wannabe submarine commanders come out of the wood work
>posting all this shit, trying to talk verbatim Interior Communication
>posting wikipedia knowledge like it's the truth

You can get a good idea what submarines do, but at the end of the day, the actual statistics are classified.

I think most of these dumb ass comments are phishing attempts for other submarine veterans to correct and give more detail.

But other than that. aw ye sub thread.
>>
Is it any good ?
>>
>>34274950
I liked it and I've learnt a lot, like knuckling and shit.

But still it feels arcady, with SONAR that doesn't work on active unless you can physically see them,

Its way more than you can learn from SH.

Waiting for an HMS astute or suface warfare mod
>>
>>34274963

I didn't like it
>>
>>34274963
its really complicated, and i didn't understand it after 6 hours in.
>>
>>34274963
Totally unfinished honestly.
>>
Thinking about going navy nuclear engineer any submariners in this thread offer any advice?
>>
>>34275100

For what navy?
>>
>>34275137
North Korea
>>
File: USS_VIRGINIA.jpg (173KB, 1982x1196px)
USS_VIRGINIA.jpg
173KB, 1982x1196px
>>34275100
If you're planning on enlisting, then yes, It can give you some great opportunities if you decide to just do 6 years and get out and work at a power plant somewhere.

I'm not a nuke though, but I talk to them when I get bored and head back aft to the engine room. They talk your head off about the reactor, probably cause that's all they see -- are dials, knobs,valve positions, LED displays coinciding with a number and taking logs of those things.

Look up ETN, MMN and EMN rates.
>>
>>34275100
Hell yes.
>>
>>34262473
>>
>>34275950
apparently submariens capsizing is a real thing...

that shit must be scary.
>>
>>34275137
Royal navy
>>
>>34266392
In truth, you use a LOT of paper.
>>
>>34275984
It is angles and dangles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyL40Z89g4Q

It is pretty standard.
>>
>>34276335

i remember we were delivering "cargo" of lets say very strong and trained men somewhere. it blew my mind how they can crawl into the tubes, get flooded, and have no problem. but how much they hated it in the sub.

like fuck you guys i got a bed (that i had to share) and hot meals. you guys are the crazy ones.
>>
>>34274162
Yes general quarters everyone is awake, same with most casualties. Also no not two shifts there's three in total, not sure if I'm understanding you right
>>
>>34275240
I got along better with coners than I ever did with other nucs for that exact reason

t. MMN1
>>
>>34277132
>Also no not two shifts there's three in total
Oh, oh I get it, I missed this: "You have watch, offgoing and oncoming." Oxford comma probably could have saved the day, but alas, you didn't use it.

What do you mean by "most casualties" in regards to everyone being awake? Does the entire vessel go on alert if some E-1 gets his arm ripped off in the machinery?
>>
>>34277411
No, casualties as in fire, flooding, major propulsion plant casualties and the like.

Sorry I didn't use the Oxford comma. I turn wrenches for a living though gotta cut me some slack ha
>>
>>34277411
Must point out that "casualty" refers to an adverse condition on boat
>>
>>34275100
you recruiter will talk your ear off if he thinks you have the scores for Nuke, but that's only because he will get a bonus for putting you in as a Nuke. No other course in the Navy has a higher attempted suicide rate.
>>
>>34278050
Well if you turn wrenches for a living look at it this way; an oxford comma is just a nice way of organizing things. "Nuts, bolts, and screws," certainly would be better than two bins, one labeled "nuts," and the other labeled "bolts and screws."

Thanks to you and >>34278107 for pointing out the context of "casualty" in regards to this subject. Actually that clears up a lot of things that I've been reading.
>>
>>34278355
> attempted suicide rate

you mean DnD buddies for life
six month tour just long enough to kill the dragon, the only problem is when your whole party is filled with only wizards
>>
>>34270365
That's a complicated question, anon.
Department structure and organization is something that I'm not willing to type up, and I'm not sure where to point you in the right direction.
>>
>>34273803
Your SONAR operators can't identify a torpedo?
>>
File: raptor melons.jpg (927KB, 1275x1650px)
raptor melons.jpg
927KB, 1275x1650px
>>34279061
Well, it was kind of answered anyway by the other anons. You got the gist of what was going on behind the scenes though, I'm trying to organize a spaceship and wondering how my space XO can come up with a watch schedule for the 260ish people on board.
>>
File: 1494046957542.jpg (19KB, 300x300px)
1494046957542.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
>>34280048
Okay that pic related is not the one I wanted to post, but whatever.

>enjoy some mofuggen watuhmelon anyway
>>
>>34275014
>>34275026
why not just write that in one post though samefag?
>>
>>34280048
My boat switched to 'rolling 8' watch rotations. 8 hours on watch, 16 hours off. Half of your offgoing time, so 4 hours, was dedicated to non-watch related work. Maintenance, collatoral duties, training, etc. Then the rest of your off watch time was yours for meals, working out, movies, books, bathing, and sleep.
The rolling 8's made a 24 hour day and made things really nice. Every week, we would rotate the sections, don't that one watch section wasn't stuck eating breakfast after watch every day forever. Which would cause suicide eventually (hypothetically).
>>
>>34280048
>>34280250
The navy has found that 6 hour watch rotations and 18 hour days really fuck people up. Which I can attest to. Always getting like 4 hours of sleep and always waking up at a different time of day.

Sometimes you could only tell what time of day it was based on what meal they were serving (breakfast, lunch, dinner, midrats), because the wall clocks were alalogue 12 clocks (pretty stupid, right?), and in a sleep deprived stupor, you forget to check your wrist watch.
>>
File: header.jpg (69KB, 460x215px)
header.jpg
69KB, 460x215px
http://store.steampowered.com/app/541210/Cold_Waters/

Anyone playing this game?
>>
>>34262473
100 sailors go down, 50 couples come up
enough said.
>>
>>34280250
>>34280289
Thanks! Actually the part about the clocks makes a lot of sense, in this universe FTL travel makes people a bit loopy sometimes and they're already disoriented on top of never having a real day/night cycle. So something like a "rolling 8" watch is actually quite smart since most species tend to have something like a 20-26 hour natural circadian rhythm because most habitable planets happen to be mostly earth-like.

So it's probably best to mitigate all craziness factors in an environment where spacers sometimes just go insane and bash their hands into bloody stubs against a bulkhead for no reason. Or worse!

>sir, the fire controlman has killed the TAO with a pen
>yessir, he's eating his own shit right now
>>
>>34280465
Interesting. I hope to read your stuff someday. The phsychosis that tight quarters, no sun or windows, certain death around every corner, and shitty food can induce would probably not surprise you.
>>
File: Homeworld2_vaygr_command_station.jpg (300KB, 1000x604px) Image search: [Google]
Homeworld2_vaygr_command_station.jpg
300KB, 1000x604px
>>34280491
Well, that's part of the reason why windows and sometimes extravagant recreational facilities exist in this universe. Add everything else you said on top of the fact that electronics are kind of a hit or miss, and that sometimes ships run on mechanical computers to survive a jump, and I think you have a recipe for absolute madness. Imagine being the guy who has to take apart a navigational computer that's loaded with gears smaller than a pinhead, and you have to do it right or everyone dies.

Ship to ship combat is also heavily based around the fact that if you "spike" another ship (use an artificial gravity well to interrupt their jump) the crew of that ship is going to feel like somebody bashed their head in with a rock. There aren't any shields, or phasers, or proton torpedoes. It's mass drivers, torpedoes, and magnetically-accelerated bolts (or tori with a very tight radius) of blisteringly hot plasma. Marines blasting their way through a ship, nukes being slung around freely, and when it's all said and done a single jump might make you lose your mind.

I'll post a link when the story's advanced to space shooty shoots. I'm on voat though, v/ScalesAndTales if you're interested. I'm not a very good writer, and I probably have brain damage so please no bully.
>>
File: fishing boat.jpg (309KB, 2048x1365px)
fishing boat.jpg
309KB, 2048x1365px
>>34262473
>all these Wogs trying to talk in this bastardized sub IC
>>
>>34262492

>those missing tiles
>>
>>34280646
>boomerfag acting tough
>>
>>34280048
Realistically the xo would not be writing the watch bill for the entire crew, LPO and LCPO would do that for their division
>>
>>34281543
Beat me to it
>>
>>34281882
The XO would have final say on the watch bill, typically, but the Chief of the Boat (highest enlisted man, usually a master chief) and the rest of the chief's quarters will be figuring out the details of the enlisted watch bill.
The officer watch bill is obviously up to the officers.

>>34281887
My nigga.
>>
>>34281543

>ameircans still insist of calling SSBN's boomers

>not realising that this came from the RN calling SSBN's bombers, which they still do today

>some shitty US officer visiting holy loch won't have understood a British accent and taken the wrong phrase home
>>
>>34282798
>britbong fags acting like they invented submarining

Sorry m8. Doesn't work like that.

>bombers
That sounds gay. Do you call your fast attacks 'quick assaults' or something?
>>
>>34282831

>using our own word for something when was then poorly copied =/= claiming to have invented submarining
>>
File: 1244598773511.jpg (8KB, 180x180px)
1244598773511.jpg
8KB, 180x180px
>>34282798
>All that greentext, reddit-spacing and tryhard attempts at bantz.
Looks like someone's missed out on this weeks semen ration and is feeling a bit grumpy.

>>34282831
Go easy, I'd be butthurt too if my nation's first atomic submarine's engine room was off-limits to its own navy.
>>
>>34282853
My point was that we'll call our shit whatever we want. Especially when bomber is already a type of airplane.
>>
>>34282853
In all seriousness though, I've worked with royal navy submariners. You guys are good in my book.
The Aussies might be more fun though.
>>
first for surface stronk
>>
>>34280583
Let me just say that no form of terrestrial warfare, whether it be air, surface or subsurface, is good enough to serve as an analogue for the kind of realistic space combat you're looking for. While I share your love of the Homeworld franchise, that's not quite a sufficient reference, either. Please consider the following:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/476530/Children_of_a_Dead_Earth/

>>Children of a Dead Earth is a simulation of true-to-life space warfare. Design your spacecrafts using real world technologies. Traverse the solar system using actual orbit mechanics. Command fleets as the solar system descends into war, and see if you have what it takes to become the victor.

https://childrenofadeadearth.wordpress.com/

>>The science behind the game
>>
>>34282940
Laughingwhores.jpg
>>
>>34269094
I've watched most of his videos about the game, he knows his shit but I'm finding myself being annoyed by how much time he puts into reading his chat. Sometimes it results him eating torps without him even realising it.

At one point he accidentally left active sonar on for a whole mission, which was really painful to watch.
>>
>>34281882
>>34282793
That's more or less what I thought, but it's nice to know this is how it's actually done. I'm drawing from USN and Kriegsmarine traditions, so mixing the two has been a bit tough at times.

>>34282950
Well you can say that all you want, but frankly, I'm not using anything as an analogue for anything. My choice of pictures is irrelevant in regards to the content of my posts, I just felt like everyone would enjoy some nice concept art.

I'll forego on using mobile games for my technical references, especially since the majority of space combat in this universe takes place where orbital mechanics are irrelevant. I've taken some creative liberties here and there, especially in regard to FTL (which is likely an impossibility) and I won't go the route of other authors and pretend like this is in any way how things will be. That said, in this universe the mechanics of FTL travel are all-encompassing and affect everything and the battlefield is no different. So ships are close, knife fighting distance, and combat's usually over far quicker than it would be on the ocean.

Don't worry though, when orbital mechanics does matter it does make a difference.
>>
>>34282798
not quite fag, "boomer" is a term the Americans came up with independent of you fags.
>>
>>34262473
it's probably just bio mate, mark it up for command and get back to spinning dits
>>
>>34263875
It's shit like this that makes me glad I'm not a marine engineer, sitting in a chair for 6 hours hunting shit with sonar is way better.
>>
Whats the food on a sub
And what do you do in your free time
>>
File: Astute Class Submarine.jpg (437KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Astute Class Submarine.jpg
437KB, 1600x1200px
>>34286467
Depends how good your chefs are at whipping it up, but usually pretty good, on Brit subs wednesday is curry night, friday fish & chips, saturday steak night and sunday pizza night.

Free time? usually just go back to your rack and wank/sleep/watch movies, if your Captain has allowed junior rates to have booze? get pissed up in the mess before the next watch.
>>
File: Scinfaxi.jpg (244KB, 1024x768px)
Scinfaxi.jpg
244KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>34286376
More like trying to stay awake for 6 hours.
>>
>>34286558
what's the bathroom and shower situation like? Similar to other boats or way more cramped? I guess you don't get that same rocking as you would on a boat, so I guess it'd be easier for most people to fall asleep and not get seasick.

How does the Navy weed out people who would freak out being in such close quarters for months and months at a time? I'm sure plenty of guys and girls think they could hack it on a sub long term, but I'm sure not very many people can actually do it. If you want to be on a sub, does the Navy prepare you in any way, like have a mock up you train in for a few weeks to get a feel for it? Or do you just follow your dreams and if you freak out while at sea it's on you?
>>
>>34286668
hold the record in my soundroom for 50 consecutive watches nodded off, good times
>>
>>34282884
Fuckers invited me down for a brew when we pulled in to Brazil. Good in my book.

They also graciously allowed me access to the head when I got off the bus and was seconds away from pissing myself (they were the first boost on the pier)
>>
File: Capture.png (15KB, 936x166px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
15KB, 936x166px
>>
>>34287704
I don't want to be the poor WE cleaning monkey hair and chunks out of the torpedo tube after
>>
File: _61903470_sub[1].jpg (45KB, 1024x576px)
_61903470_sub[1].jpg
45KB, 1024x576px
>>34280676

I always see that with british subs. they are probably pretty loud towards the end of deployment.
>>
File: faggot.png (5KB, 484x109px)
faggot.png
5KB, 484x109px
>>34280093
Faggot.
>>
>>34286987
The 'rocking' is more pronounced at shallower depths and on the surface. Worse than surface ships. Think of a beer can floating in a cooler. Not gonna roll completely, obviously, but it can get pretty obnoxious.

Showers are tiny. No worse than surface ships from what I can tell, there are just less of them.

And it's sink or swim, so to speak. If you make it through training and then find out you're clausterphobic on your first underway, that's the way it goes.
>>
>>34285295
>Americans dont worship Anglos
Please nigger you slap a British accent on anything and Americans will be all over it
>>
>>34289318
>worshiping cuck island
No thanks.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (114KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
114KB, 1920x1080px
>>34286635
I hope they bring this girl back in 7, also how the fuck did the weapons system actually worked? I never understood what was happening other than I had to climb to high altitudes to avoid a massive fucking explosion that kill everything below One One thousand feet.
>>
>>34264835
you're going to die at the bottom of the ocean like your kursk buddies, slavboater
>>
>>34266136
Same here, and I don't know why. I hate swimming up to boats.
>>
>>34289383
The "burst missiles" had multiple warheads inside, which is how it had such wide area of effect. Because they were configured for use against surface targets, they separated and detonated at low altitudes, allowing you to fly above the damage radius (The Morgan in AC:0 had an anti-air version, the MPBM. There are similar weapons in the PSP games).

Also worth considering, is that the Scinfaxi was also a submersible aircraft carrier, which is why it launches F-35's during the mission where you sink it.
>>
>>34286308
>whale making a transient

Did it eat the tin man?
>>
File: Chinese Sub.jpg (464KB, 1920x844px)
Chinese Sub.jpg
464KB, 1920x844px
>>34290002
>He's never heard of snapping shrimp, dog fish, dolphins or seismics

Mate even if I had I'd be doing better than you thnow
>>
>>34274963
if you're willing to learn, it's somewhat enjoyable, but the enemies are too overpowered compared to yourself, they can shoot at from a lot further than you can, and a larger missile count too

some missions are pure grind if you fuck up on the start, it's impossible to see an kirov on the radar unless you're at SAM range on a plane, harpoons suck a lot of dick, S300 is overpowered and most of the time you're playing with shitty ships with shitty weaponry
>>
Why haven't we seen US subs sink anything since 1945? Is everything blown up by aircraft and ships by the time subs are in position or what?

And why the shit does everyone act like it was taboo when HMS Conqueror sank that Argentinean cruiser?

I just want to see attack submarines sink stuff, is that too much to ask?
>>
>>34290425
all the US does is shoot tomahawks at the desert people, if they were fighting ships we would see some sub action tho
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.