[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I buy a gun in California?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 1496446811167.jpg (48KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1496446811167.jpg
48KB, 640x640px
How can I buy a gun in California?
>>
>>34261606
Find a Mexican, buy one through an illegal he knows who carried one 'cross the border.
>>
>>34261608
I want a legal one I can get illegal one from a black dude from south central haha
>>
>>34261606
prepare to get fucked by commiefornia prices. You gotta get a firearm safety card by passing the written test. Go to any gunstore it costs 25 bucks I think.
>get safety card same day
>buy gun
>wait 10 days
>buy ammo
>shoot yourself cause you live in the biggest shithole state
>>
>>34261617
Fill out some paperwork. OOooOooOoOoO. Cali can't ban the ownership of guns. Only attach some simple paperwork to it
>>
>>34261631
Fucked on what prices?
>>
File: 2.jpg (69KB, 640x493px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
69KB, 640x493px
>>34261606
R E L O C A T E
E
A
L
T
A
L
K
>>
>>34261651
Taxes. What everyone else pays +$150
>>
>>34261661
So how much total for an ar15? A bushmaster
>>
>>34261661
Everything in CA is jacked up in price though, including wages if you're a wagekek. You can foot the little increase if you're a stable resident.
>>
1. Walk into gunstore
2. Locate gun you wish to purchase
3. Signify your desire to purchase said gun to the proprietor
4. Follow his instructions to purchase the firearm in question
5. Complete the background check
6. Complete the waiting period
7. Shoot yourself you fucking faggot
>>
File: 20170416_150047.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170416_150047.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>34261606
I live in california (too expensive to move and have a great job so i can't exactly get up and leave)

You have to get a license (simple test and minor background check)
Purchase a fire arm from a gun store
Wait 10 days for said weapon
Pay $150+ on extra taxes
And purchase ammo. Though, i believe by fucking july that there are now required background checks and a 10 day waiting period just to by fucking ammo! It's bullshit imho. Fuck this state!
Pic is of my Ruger GP100 i got for $708 brand new out the door, and thats from a GOOD deal...
>>
Actual California gun owner here. Ignore the idiots, summerfags, and non-Californians - here's the real story:
1) Get your Firearms Safety Certificate. This isn't too hard; it's basically just passing a 30 question multiple choice gun safety test. A study guide is online. You can take the test at most gun shops - I took mine at a Dick's Sporting Goods, and got 100%. The test fee is $30, but the FSC you get after taking it is good for five years - it's not like you have to take the test over again every time you buy a gun. To buy a long gun, you'll need your FSC and driver's license; to buy a handgun you'll need a secondary for of ID like a rental agreement, utility bill, or car registration.
2) Buy your gun. You'll have to fill out a federal Form 4473 and a California DROS form. Basically, these will ask if you're a criminal, a mental patient, or an illegal alien. As long as you aren't, you'll be fine.
3) Whoever said you'll pay $150 over what everyone else will in taxes was full of shit. You'll pay the price of the gun + a $25 DROS processing fee + standard California 8.75% sales tax.
4) Enjoy your ten-day waiting period. By law, this is actually 240 hours, so if you bought your gun at 11AM on day one, you can't pick it up until 11:01AM on day ten. Some places make you wait 11 days just to avoid confusion.
5) Once the waiting period is over, go pick up your new baby - welcome to the world of California gun ownership!
>>
>>34261675
OK see, 2 years ago I got arrested with 30lbs of pot. My lawyer dropped it to misdemeanor posession, 2 years probation. So it disappears from my record right? They said it's expunged after 2 years , so I can buy a gun now right?
>>
>>34261719
Thats a question for a lawyer versed in california law. If you are still confused, see point number seven.
>>
>>34261672
from a store's stock probably $900-1000
from an online transfer as low as $600 i would think. there's been some really cheap ARs lately and a shrubmaster would be one of them.
>>
>>34261719
The only misdemeanor that will disqualify you from gun ownership in California is domestic violence. As long as you are not currently on probation, you'll be fine.
>>
>>34261718
Ok, I'm going to turners to get mine.. But also see>>34261719 you seem to know ur shit
>>
>>34261718
I dont no what the fuck your smoking if you think they don't add $150 in taxes?
>>
>>34261732
God bless you. Thank you so much
>>
>>34261661
>>34261713
>Pay $150+ on extra taxes
If you paid "$150 on extra taxes" that means that some Jew who owns a pawn shop rooked you out of some "special fees" that don't really exist. Next time try buying your guns from a reputable dealer and not some sleazy pawnbroker in East LA.
>>
>>34261606
go to the gunstore and buy a gun?
>>
>>34261735
there's a difference between taxes and fees
dros $25, yeah i'd consider that a tax
transfer fee goes straight to the FFL as his profit and varies
sales tax is obviously a tax and is based on percentage

for example if you were to buy a $150 lower which is definitely what some stores would charge here you'd pay $25 for dros and $13-15 in sales tax. the store might have paid $30-50 for the lower and pockets the other $100

if you bought a lower from some store online for $50 then you'd still have the $25 dros, $5 for sales tax, plus whatever the store charges for transfer fee which goes to the store. some are $25, some are $50, some are $100
>>
File: IMG_20170513_123606728_HDR.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170513_123606728_HDR.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>34261746
One thing about California gun buying is that, more than other states, you have to be patient and do some bargain hunting. Get to know your local gun shops, and who sells what for what kinds of prices. Many shops will have total ripoffs sitting on shelves next to great bargains - one place near me had a Maverick 88 priced at $425 next to an Arisaka priced at $200 (I say "had" because that Arisaka is now in my gun safe). For more fudd-ish guns, chains like Dick's, Big 5, or Bass are pretty good because they can do economies of scale - watch their store flyers for bargains. I ended up getting my Mav for $179 at Big 5 and a 10/22 Takedown for $299 at Dick's. Here in the Bay Area, Reed's is a good place for handguns, Krausewerk for milsurp, Elite Armory for complete ARs, and City Arms for AR lowers.

Speaking of City Arms, you won't find a lower less than $100 there, but they tend to carry nicer lowers like the Ruger AR-556, which is $99 there, but is the exact same price online at Cabelas, so while you're not getting away cheap, you aren't getting ripped off, either. And the nice thing about City Arms is that you can buy your lower, walk across the parking lot, walk over a pedestrian bridge, go a couple blocks, and you're at pic related. Sweet.
>>
if you can't even be bothered to do a little research yourself, you're not going to be able to get a gun legally in this clusterfuck of a mess state.
>>
>>34261819
Inchallah
>>
File: Gunshop.png (164KB, 1044x783px) Image search: [Google]
Gunshop.png
164KB, 1044x783px
>>34261606
By going to a gun shop
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.