[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much time do you spend on the range per visit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1448246131216.jpg (213KB, 659x800px) Image search: [Google]
1448246131216.jpg
213KB, 659x800px
Just wondering how many bullets do you guys on average bring with you to the shooting range?
Because it seems like 3 or 4 boxes of bullets will go by in a matter of minutes.

Do you guys do any other types of practice drills at the range without ammo?
Practice drawing from the hip?
Movement drills?
Google maps says the average time spent at this local range was 20 minutes. It's a freaking 1 hour drive, each time.
>>
>>34261438
bout tree fiddy
>>
Lot of things you can do to break up your time. Play some shooting games. Make some poker variants and use card targets. I used to play "Texas shootem" with my mom. We'd deal two cards then shoot 2 cards each and see who came up with the best hand. We'd call the target so the other person could spot and take a shot. Sometimes we would intentionally call the card next to what we were shooting to throw off what we're actually trying to get. You could try shooting some black powder guns, having to manually load slows you down a LOT. BP and balls are both cheap too.
>>
30-60 minutes, indoor range. If its outdoor or a gravel pit or something and I have the place to myself I take a bit more time, maybe 2 hours
>>
1) Get a .22 and go through a couple hundred rounds a trip.
2) Get a single shot rifle; maybe even a muzzleloader. Slow down and enjoy your shooting.
>>
am I going to look like a spaz if I am practicing speed recovery from a jam / malfunction by placing a chimney on purpose in my gun?
>>
>>34261511
Who gives a shit man lol
You're up there to either have fun and shoot dirt or learn to improve your shooting. I know I don't give a fraction of a fuck if the dude near me sees me grabbing muh dick and gangsta shooting my MaTeBas. Fuck that nigga.
Do you.
>>
>>34261535
Not exactly the answer I was hoping for... but thanks resident nigga.
>>
File: 1497425562367.jpg (827KB, 1421x1417px) Image search: [Google]
1497425562367.jpg
827KB, 1421x1417px
>>34261438
Anytime me and my boys roll up to the range there's a minimum of 3 of us sporting a minimum of 5 rifles and 4 handguns. We usually bring about 200-300 rounds of any caliber that were shooting, double if more than one gun fires that round. We don't stop until there's nothing left to shoot.
>>
>>34261591
No you won't. Load empty shells in your magazines to simulate failures.
>>
>>34261438

200 rounds

I might start with a little dry fire for a few draws and re-holsters to make sure everything is as it should be.

I always shoot from a holster. I have a few Safariland universals for range toys. Always getting those reps in on good draws and acquisition of sight picture.

Yes. Nothing fancy, but maybe a side step on draw and reload. Might dedicate a magazine to some walking while shooting. Most movement is the muzzle from target #1 to target #2.

Most range visits are 1.5-2 hours, including set up (I shoot outside with idpa targets) and brass clean up.

I never just point the gun ata target and shoot.

More like
>1 round in gun
>full mag on belt
>draw
>shoot (goes into slide lock)
>reload
>shoot twice
>re-set, do again.
>>
>>34261438
I don't usually fire that many rounds because most of the time is spent fiddling with my guns, trying to get them to work
>>
>>34261438
About an hour or two for 40-60 rounds of .308
>>
>>34261477
>Texas shootem
That's sounds pretty fun desu
>>
IDPA and 2-gun are generally 5 stages and 180-ish rounds. More if I feel like magdumping for fun. Less if I use the bayonet.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 435x246px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 435x246px
>>34261813
>that pic
>>
Hourly indoor range? About an hour, at least 100 rounds per pistol. If you burn through that much in 10 minutes you should probably start aiming and working on specific drills or exercises.

Outdoor range with day pass, at least 4 hours. All the ammos, everything must explode.
>>
odds of an indoor range letting me used steel cased ammo?

also at least an hour range time
>>
>>34261438
I usually bring between 2 and 4 guns. Depends what I'm there to shoot.

I usually bring about 100-200 rounds for each handgun. If I bring a bolt action, maybe 50-100 rounds. If I bring a semi-auto rifle, probably 200-400 rounds for each.

I stay 1 to 2 hours. Sometimes pushing 3

My range is outdoor and about a 20 minute drive. Depending on the season I go between every other week and every other month.
>>
>>34263935
here are the ammo rules for my indoor range:

While we sell and stock hundreds of different types of ammunition- Feel free to bring your own ammunition to use in your guns! Any copper jacket, lead, or frangible ammunition is welcome! You are restricted from (...meaning NOT allowed to shoot) the use of tracers, incendiary, dragons breath, steel core, armor piercing, or penetrator rounds. In addition- If you are shooting a shotgun- you may NOT shoot any field, bird, or target loads. You may ONLY shoot buckshot, or slugs. Please be aware of what ammunition you have for your shotgun as incorrect shells pose a safety risk indoors, as well as a significant monetary fine for their use.

pretty lax, senpai.
>>
>>34263935
Idk where you live homie. Most indoor ranges do not let you use steel cased ammo. Partly so they can charge you for theirs, partly so they can steal and reload your brass, partly because of the confusion between steel case and steel core
>>
>>34261438

3 to 4 hours but because I make myself. I love mag dumping but you cn get a lot better taking your time. Normally, I do something like this with handguns.

>Dry fire more compact gun 3 times watching for jerking
>dump a magazine at 20 yards trying to hit a 10" plate every time
>rotate to full size target
>shoot slowly for accuracy 6 inch plate every time at 20 yards
>force myself to reload the empty mags and let guns cool down even though I have 15 fully loaded magazines
>concentrate on accuracy for rest of day

If good groups, move back 10 yards, normally topping out at 50 yards or less. If I'm missing from jerking I'll dry fire until its corrected, if it's on a follow up shot I'll load 1 and dry fire the empty cocked pistol.

I don't shoot in any competitions but I'm the best shot I know or have seen at public ranges the few times I went
>>
>>34261438
Ranges are for fags. Buy a decent chunk of property and shoot in your back yard, at least then you can drink beer and shoot without dealing with piece of shit RO's and cease fires every 2 minutes.
>>
>>34264122

I go about twice a week 200-350 rounds a trip
>>
>>34264115
athens Ga if that matters, hopefully they will be cool with it but i have both
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.