[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun Shows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

Sup /k/

Newfag here, until recently also noguns fag. Bought an 870 after a nigger tried to break in at 0430 one night last week, but I'm looking to expand.

There's a C&E gun show not too far from me this weekend, is it worth going to? I've seen mixed reviews of C&E, but quality seems to vary by location.

If not, what gun shows are worth going to?
>>
>>34259897
Very curious what city do you live in when a nigger tried to break in? How did you handle it gunless? And, to answer your question, all gun shows are carbon copies of one another. I always go just for the atmosphere but you're almost always better off buying shit online. There are excellent deals to be had for a patient buyer
>>
>>34260358

Charlottesville. There aren't many bad areas here, but I live between two of them, and there's sometimes foot traffic between them late at night. Been here (city, not between ghettos) for 7 years, never had anyone attempt to break in before, though.

I'm a light sleeper, and he made a lot of noise just approaching (2nd floor entrance). Grabbed my khukri and quietly approached the door while he fiddled with the knob and lock. When he started pounding on it, turned the inside and outside light on. He'd backed up before I flung the door open and charged, practically shat himself and fell down the stairs fleeing. I'm 6'3" with a runner's build, and was wearing only boxers.

I was more afraid that I'd have a dismembered corpse to explain to the police than I was for my own safety, so I'm glad he ran off. Still, not fun.

Also, thanks for the info. I know what I'm looking for and their prices online, I just thought a show might be easier.
>>
>>34260480

I realize that story probably would've been better as greentext, apologies
>>
File: 1472683558872.jpg (39KB, 412x355px) Image search: [Google]
1472683558872.jpg
39KB, 412x355px
>>34260480
Gun Shows are a bunch of fun, but not really the best place to get deals unless you get there really early the first day, and get incredibly lucky. In my experience, people tend to charge $25 - $75 more than they frankly should. Just go in with an idea of what you want, what it actually costs, and hope for the best.

[spoiler]didn't know /k/ had other Charlottesville residents. You mind sharing where the sketchy places are? I'm a student, and I'd be nice to get seven years of experience so I can tell my dumbshit friends where they shouldn't go.[/spoiler]
>>
>>34259897
Went to my first show last weekend. It was fun but I didn't see any prices that would stop me from just purchasing online.
>>
>>34260643
This
Gunshows are good for finger fucking and not much else. Nearly everyone overcharges like a cunt.
>>
>>34260622

2014 alum myself, actually.

Stay away from Prospect Ave, 10th & Page, and the area between Belmont and Woolen Mills around Franklin St. 10th & Page is the only place I can see a student accidentally wandering into due to Corner proximity, others are more out of the way.

Big surprise: [spoiler] somewhere called "Prospect" is the worst of the three. [/spoiler]

I know the school administration tells you this, but it is much safer to travel in groups. I rarely did, but I'm a tall bearded man.

Crime maps tend to show Downtown as the worst place, but that's just because cops sometimes patrol it and pick up visibly intoxicated students making a scene. Just don't be one and you should be fine.
>>
>nigger tried to break in
>I'm looking to expand

#4 buckshot.
>>
Going to gun shows for buying isn't great in general (overpriced, not much variety).

I usually go there to talk about guns, eat greasy food and fingerfuck old stuff I don't see in stores.
>>
>>34260643
>>34260686
>>34260751

I figured it'd be overpriced, but pictures on the show's site indicated more variety than anything other than the internet. If nothing else, accessories. I know any firearm will be delivered to an FFL, but I'm now kind of concerned about packages being stolen from my doorstep.

My big ticket item is a .45 H&K USP Compact for CC, if I see it for less than about $1k I'll probably buy it. Also thinking about their VP9 or a Beretta 92 (both recommendations from an Army friend) for a 9mm. And some .22 to plink with, maybe a 1911.

Any /k/unts have better suggestions?
>>
>>34260779
I'm a faggot who only specialize in meme guns so I can't help you with any normie shit, but from the times I've used Berettas, I like them. Sturdy weapons with easy takedowns. for plinking, The Ruger Mark IV has been surprisingly great from the times I've borrowed a friends, but I think they run kind of expensive.
>>
>>34260722

I just bought 100 rounds of 8-shot target load because it was dirt cheap. I now sleep next to my 870 with a full tube. I fully expect the sound of it being pumped will scare off any invader, but at 1 yard it should probably still do the trick if I do need to discharge, no?
>>
>>34259897
>what gun shows are worth going to?
To be honest I've not found any around me (Colorado). I bought a pistol at the first one I went to, but I paid almost to the dollar the same as the local store was asking for the same gun. I've found plenty of shit cheaper at local stores too, but maybe if you are great at haggling you'll have more luck.

I should also say the last show I went to was before the election so maybe things have changed, not sure.
>>
>>34260825

I was thinking about a Mk IV, actually. A buddy of mine has a Mk II and loves it, but the 1911 controls are more similar to a Beretta 92.

Are there any non-H&K .22's with similar controls to the USP?
>>
>>34260865

> before the election so maybe things have changed

Even more price gouging, you mean?
>>
File: 20160628_163335.jpg (2MB, 1627x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160628_163335.jpg
2MB, 1627x1080px
>>34260843
At arm's length the shot wouldn't even have left the shot cup, so it'd basically act like a frangible slug. This is true of any shotgun load (save for an actual slug, of course).
However since it's a (assuming) low brass target load you're really not getting the full potential of the weapon, as far as wound potential goes.
The primary benefit of a shotgun is the 1 shot stop potential, you're compromising that with a bird or clay load.
Even a cheap box of 00 buck would be better than that. I'd recommend a couple 25rd boxes of buckshot (00 but preferably #4 buck if you live in a dense residential area), get used to cycling the weapon by practicing at the range with the birdshot, and then burn one box of the buckshot to get used to managing the recoil.
Hope this helps.
>>
>>34260872
>"Hey"
>The bearded fat man in the "Tread on THIS" T-shirt says, waving you over past the "Congress moves to make body armor illegal, act quick!" booth
>"Now between you and me... it could "be her turn" after all any SECOND now. ANY SECOND."
>he whispers
>"But don't you worry friend, I've got a great deal for you..."
>He says amidst yet another ozone emitting zap from the taser table as he opens a small rusted canister on his table
>"See that right there? Lead gold. 500 rounds of 22. Yours for just $100"
>>
>>34260907
It does, thanks. I'll pick up some #4 next time I'm out.

>>34260917
Lol'd. Have a (You)
>>
>>34260917
it's like I'm really there
>>
>>34259897Sorry about the break in, anon. That really sucks.

From my expirence of gun shows is that they are all pretty similar. I go to see milsurp and memorbilia and handle guns I dont normally see. It's always cheaper for me to buy online unless someone is purging a collection or REALLY wants something gone. That said they are good fun at the very least and are worth the price of admission.
>>
Can someone redpill me on buying a handgun under 21 at gun shows ? Is it legal ?
>>
File: nkskk1009-a(1).jpg (177KB, 392x302px) Image search: [Google]
nkskk1009-a(1).jpg
177KB, 392x302px
>>34260959
Meh. He didn't even make it through the door, and it was sufficient incentive to rid myself of the noguns shackles. But I'm sure he told his friends about the crazy bearded cracker with a machete, so it is important to be prepared in the unlikely even they show up en masse.

>>34260984
It might depend on state, but I know it's illegal here in VA.

Also, are gun shows typically cash-only? I'm assuming yes
>>
>>34261015
Quite a few vendors have Square or other credit card apps, but if you don't want to be hit with taxes or make private deals, always carry some cash. I typically go with about $300 on me give or take, and most venues will have ATMs on site anyway.
>>
>>34261024
Intredasting, thanks. I was planning on carrying some anyway, but wasn't sure how much was reasonable.
>>
>>34261070
Depending on what you're going for and what the local markets are like, it may vary.
I pick $300 because when I go, I'm typically looking for surplus shit I can get on the cheap or for near internet levels and $300 is usually good enough for 1 or 2 private sales in my area.

Another thing to be weary of is trades. Sometimes you can get decent deals with "big name" vendors and arms dealers, but most of the time it's rip off central. The few times I've done it I've gotten close to about what I paid for the gun or could have gotten from someone online without the haste of setting up a meeting, listing, etc so the few less dollars was worth it to me.

I can also second the Mark IV. It's a fantastic pistol and well worth it for the single button takedown meme.
>>
>>34260984
As far as I know, the only legal way someone under 22 can legally purchase a handgun is if thier parent buys it and gives it to them as a gift. I know in most states buying for your wife/husband along with direct family members (son, father, grandma) is okay too
>>
>>34261110
I have no real estimate for the local market, I was thinking about $1k

>>34260358
>>34260622
>>34260643
>>34260686
>>34260751
>>34260907
>>34260959
>>34261024
>>34261110
(You) guys have been great, but I'm going to bed now. Thanks for all the advice.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.