[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Father's day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_3148.jpg (575KB, 2060x1236px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3148.jpg
575KB, 2060x1236px
In honor of Father's Day coming up, let's share stories about our dads. And discuss good /k/ related gifts to give the old man

>Christmas morning a few years ago
>Visiting my dad, who lives out of state
>tons of gifts under the tree for my nieces and nephews
>a couple gifts for me
>one is a box of .44 magnum
>"but dad, I don't own anything in this caliber"
>"look over there in the corner son"
He gave me his .44 magnum Winchester 94. He won it in a card game in the 80s and wanted me to have it. And it set it all up like it's A Christmas Story, with a note on it that said "don't shoot your eye out"

Anyway, I picked up a ton of shells and clay pigeons for him. Hoping to take him shooting this weekend.
>>
I love stories like this

Wish my dad was into guns, he just talks about the 21 foot rule and stabbing intruders in the jugular with his knives (kept under the coffee table)

And how awesome katanas are for being folded a million times, and how high quality Japanese steel is

Sigh
>>
>>34259458
You're dad's a weeb? Lol that sucks.
>>
>>34259481
>you're
I'm retarded.
>>
>tfw dad is a fudd
What do I get a fudd for Father's Day?
>>
>>34259344
My step dad was a drunk, a pothead, and a convicted violent felon. He did seven years, but kept a gun anyways. I spent my teens making sure he was mad at me and not my mom so that I was the one that got hit. It took me several years not to go into fight or flight mode from being woken up by someone flicking on the lights because he would often choose the early hours to break in my door to yell and throw shit. He killed my dog and blamed it on me because it ran across the driveway, and so made me bury it.

Happy father's day.
>>
>>34259344
>Dad comes home
>Find me shooting the .22
>Only supposed to shoot the slug gun when he's not around
>Hits me with his belt
>In casual conversation I mention it to my teacher
>I thought it was normal
>Have to see the school counsellor for 2 years
>Got me out of class
>Pretty much got to sleep on a couch and read books for an hour
>Thanks Dad
>>
>>34259838
Camo, hunting knife, duck call, shotgun, or hunting ammo.

Or buy him 20 lbs of tannerite and try to bring him over to the fun side.
>>
>>34259860
Yeah, see, you fucked up by not killing him when he threatened your mother. As a kid, you could have gotten away with it, more or less.

Go procreate and do better than he did.
>>
>>34259860
Here's your attention seeker sympathy (you) faggit, now get over it and stop being a depressed neet who blames everything on "much upbringing"! GROW A FUCKING DICK!!
>>
I bought my dad a 1858 New Army black powder revolver starter kit he had been eyeing for Father's Day/Birthday. With Gander Mountain going out of business, it was 50% off. I payed for half and my brother payed for the other half. All 3 of us our shooters, as is my step mom. They met teaching hunters safety courses together. My dad taught me gun safety from a young age, to the point that he never let us have a toy gun as a kid, fearing we would see a real gun as a toy. When I bought my first gun at 18, I bought a Mosin for $100 with money that was supposed to go to shoes. I called him to tell him, at first he was mad, then he sighed and asked what I bought. I really couldn't ask for a better dad.
>>
>>34259344
Love my Dad but hes anti-fun

>One day i will convert him
>>
>>34260097
Break in and rape your mom and then him.

Convince him he could have stopped it if he had a gun.
>>
>>34260121
jesus fucking christ anon. Just take your dad shooting or some shit. A fudd dad is better than an antigun dad.
>>
>>34259999
Quints for super edgy fag
>>
File: concerned owl.jpg (321KB, 861x1280px) Image search: [Google]
concerned owl.jpg
321KB, 861x1280px
>>34259344
> be me
> about to make those "fuck you rounds" with rubbing alcohol, 93 octane, and styrofoam just because I want to see it for myself
>dad comes in, sees the ingredients and put two and two together
>procedes to tell me why that a bad idea
>he has done it before
>MFW when I find out he did it for a punt gun
>>
My dad died 3 years ago after destroying his liver with alcohol. He was 58.
>>
>>34260705
Maybe if you weren't such a disappointment he wouldn't have drank himself to death.
>>
File: IMG_2907.jpg (132KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2907.jpg
132KB, 1000x667px
>>34260838
Nice edge.
>>
>Take dad to pistol range
>He has never used any of my guns, give him a nice spread including some carbines
>I don't shoot, just enjoy my time with him getting to let him experience shooting since he's from a nofun state
>Outperforms me at every distance
>He says nothing, but he knows. I KNOW HE KNOWS.
>>
>>34259344
>be me, several years ago
>15, hasguns, love surplus and history.
>16th birthday coming up, most people going to try and get a car and a license
>my autistic ass just saves and scrimps and puts aside cash for ammo, because I know my ass isn't getting a fuckin' party
>finally my birthday
>pay for my mothers ammo, my brothers ammo, and my ammo (the expensive surplus shit, a bunch of random pistol calibers, and some 7.62x39; bill probably adds up to about $300 in ammo, probably more but I payed for it all by doing Chores and watching dogs/chickens/plants for people)

>a short range trip (not a lot of cash for ammo) and a small stop at a local Mexican restaurant later, I'm back at home cleaning Guns and sitting around talking with mom+bros
>finally "dad" comes home
>"must be nice to just pick up and go to the range any time you like"
Tfw your own father forgets your 16th birthday, and then bitches about ammo he didn't pay for.

What's it like having a /k/ father, komrades?
Please hold me /k/, I hate remembering this shit.
>>
Is it wrong that the more time i spend with my father the less i like him as a person? I respect the hell out of the guy, and i could never be the man he is but thats not why i dislike him. Its just his person in general. He is too different from me and i think he knows it as well.
>>
>>34261189
In thinking about this, every time someone makes a thread on either fathers, mothers, or Valentine's Day all it does is have people like us come out of the woodwork and swap stories of how our father/mother/valentine was a dick.

Should we just give in and accept that we're negative people?
>>
>>34259344
I don't have a lot to share, but I'm really grateful my dad shared his love for firearms and hunting with me before he passed. Miss you man
>>
>>34261189
There would have been words if it was me. Im sorry that happened anon.
>>
>>34261243
It'a okay.
Eventually part of the Redfield sight off of his grandpas Remington Model 513T Matchmaster (Govt.) just conveniently disappeared.
And the zero got fucked up.

And it wasn't as bad as him when I was five.
Anyways, my mother was /k/ as fuck after I taught her about guns.
And I had /k/ friends.
And you guys came into my life around that time. Any of the oldfags here are who I spent my fathers days with, shooting the shit on the internet.
>>
>dad dying of cancer but still holding up
>take him out to a range to shoot
>dies half a year later

I don't know if that was a good memory of his but I'm glad I did something before he died.
>>
>>34260375
>four digits
>quints
You're retarded
>>
My dad was in the national guard, but used to believe all ar15's were military grade assault weapons. I brought an ar15 to his house, and he not only changed his view on them but also helped me clean it.

I might want to buy him a heritage rough rider, since he's got some 22lr spare. I just have to convince my brother to hop on board with this
>>
>>34260097
No worries, mate. I love my dads, but both are in the same boat as yours.

Not much I can do at this point. At least they both see that my interest in guns is both historical and mathematical (from an engineering standpoint). It also isn't like they can control my life because I live on my own.

You'll be OK, man.
>>
>>34261064
>Getting gun cucked by your nogunz father

Embarrassing
>>
>>34259344
>tfw you've never met your dad
>>
>>34261214
you sound like a cocksucker
>>
I'm so thankful that my dad is as /k/ as he is. He might be a bit of a fudd sometimes, but I still love him regardless. He taught me from a very young age about gun safety, and how to give them the respect they deserve. I'm glad that he can appreciate their multiple functions, as he used to hunt with his father when he was younger, he loves shooting paper with me and my friends, he knows to maintain them for self defense, and appreciates competition shooting because that was something his father did (I wish I had gotten to know my granpa, I would have loved to talk to him about shotgun competitions ;_;).
Maybe my biggest regret is how much of a fag I was while growing up. I started out being around firearms all the time, and going to the range frequently, either with dad or with cub/boy scouts. Eventually though by around high school it was becoming less and less frequent. Pretty sure we only ended up going two or three times a year in those last few of middle to high school.
>>
>>34265076
Fast forward five or six years and most of my friends start getting interested in getting funs of their own. So I ask my dad for a refresher trip to the range together (all I had of my own was a .22 semi rifle from my 16th birthday) so I could show my friends some basic safety and different features of various types of firearms so they wouldn't be buying anything blind . So that trip really seemed to start the revival of our bonding, as we had grown kind of distant recently. After that my dad and I were either going to the range all the time or were shooting the shit at home while working on our older guns and trying to see if we could get them working again. He also gave me a safe full of inheritance guns well before I anticipated (which scared the shit out of me at first. Oh god is dad dying or something, why the fuck am I getting these now? But nope, he just wanted me to have them early.) And then he told me about how the guns were going to be split between my brother and I, but my parents changed things due to my older siblings being antifun lefties who would just pawn or destroy the guns, which would be an affront to our family history considering how many times some of these have been passed down. And hopefully I can pass them down to my kids someday too.
Wew, wrote more than I wanted to. Kinda rambled too.
Even all those years in high school when I wasn't really shooting guns irl, I was shitposting here, so thanks /k/ for keeping me interested in guns even if I wasn't using them frequently. But more importantly, thanks dad for everything you've done to make me who I am today. Thanks for sharing your hobby and your father's hobby with me, dad. I'll do the same one day. Happy father's day everyone. Tell your dad that you love him and crack open a cold one with him and bring out the hoppes, ballistol, and rags and get to bonding while cleaning your guns
>>
File: zzzzzzzzzzzredcoat.jpg (18KB, 550x467px) Image search: [Google]
zzzzzzzzzzzredcoat.jpg
18KB, 550x467px
>>34259344
>fathers day
>do dad's chores
>let dad put his feet up and record his music, generally relax
>keep mom off his back
>make him some burgers for dinner
>peanut butter cookies for desert, his favorite
>nothing /k/ related at all really

Such is life in New Jersey, trying to change that soon though, will for sure take him shooting with me when I do, he's super cool about guns, likes lever actions.
>>
File: 1496065019036.jpg (19KB, 360x280px) Image search: [Google]
1496065019036.jpg
19KB, 360x280px
>>34259344
Last year I got my dad one of the CSP marked M&P40 from buds for father's day. He loves the thing and it pretty much never leaves his sight. I'm going to buy him a bunch of ammo for it this year so he can shoot it more.

>family set a $75 limit on spending
>they see the pistol I got him and how excited he was
>family still hates me for shitting all over their spending limit
>mfw
Worth it.
>>
>>34261189
>what's it like to have a /k/ father

It's just an additional feature of a person to relate to, though it does make it special to have such a person as your dad. For me it just means dad knows what's up when we see news reports on terrorist attacks or when the 5 Jewish people in our town of 8000 demand that a Minora decorate the town park during Christmas. We don't have guns, yet.
>>
>>34259886
Did you get sent to the counselor for mentioning your dad hit you with a belt or because you mentioned you owned guns to your teacher?
>>
>>34265555
checked
>>
File: 0003.jpg (68KB, 3386x522px) Image search: [Google]
0003.jpg
68KB, 3386x522px
Father and I panic bought our way into guns back in 2008. I was in middle school, but we were both starting with similar amounts of knowledge. I didn't have the benefit of someone who was already good, but shit was C O M F Y. We went to the range regularly through my middle school years but tapered off in high. We're getting back into it now while I'm home from college. A few memories stick out

>Be 14
>At Grandma's on Christmas
>That side of the family is politically polarized, though remarkably pleasant with each other.
> "Your last present is more of an 'open at home' present
>Oh shit, I've been drooling over a 90 dollar nugget at the lgs for like a year.
>Go home, father and I open box in garage
>Wrapped in Russian newspaper, smells like fish and cosmoline
>Betting there's a bayonet in it, trying to work out how to grab it without stabbing hand
>Father just reaches in for that shit
> "Wait, I think--"
>Swears and Yanks hand back out
>Kek audibly.
We cleaned that shit of cosmoline together and oiled it up. Never did get sticky bolt. I don't care what nu-/k/ says, I love my nugget and I intend to make a heirloom if of it, even if it's nothing special objectively. Sadly I'm a dormfag at the moment so I can't hang it over my bed, but the day will come.
Some other bits of still life:
>Spending the evening before a long range day absentmindedly loading stripper clips from a communal pool of 2.23 while watching our favorite westerns
>Shopping for optics while having no idea what we were looking for
>Zeroing a scope on the nugget over and over, not realizing it was just getting knocked loose again.
>Teaching little brother to shoot
>Etc

We had some really good times over the years and I'm thrilled to be getting back into it. Reading some of the other stories from around here really makes me appreciate what I have. Some shit has gone a little south in our world; it's a good reminder. I should hug my dad.

Pic related, not mine but similar condition
>>
>>34265084
what guns did you get?
>>
I will not be celebrating, my dad is a deadbeat heroin addict who makes me more sad than anything else.

He wanted to give me money for getting my undergrad degree last month but said he'd get it to me in june and has now backed that off to july and I don't think it'll ever happen
>>
>>34268973
At least you got a Dad. Mine was a Drug Dealer who fed my Mother's addiction. Never saw him, because my Mom wanted to back away from him to get away from the Drugs. But oddly enough, he was actually a really cool guy. Least according to my Ma. Just not exactly faithful when it came to Women.
>>
>>34259344
I used to go hunting with my dad
He later cucked out and doesnt like guns, hates trump, low energy.

I am sad about this.
>>
>>34259344
Dad bought me a Mossberg 500 when I turned 13, we went rabbit hunting Thanksgiving Day and I got 3, came home and ate some delicious rabbit I helped him clean
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.