[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spend my money for me.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: small carry.jpg (221KB, 1000x823px) Image search: [Google]
small carry.jpg
221KB, 1000x823px
I have a P938 which I carry every day, and I'm looking for a secondary carry pistol, for those times when the P938 isn't a good choice. Caliber is not a big concern, but it must be centerfire. Would be nice to keep the price of the gun under $400. I'm leaning toward the LCPII, although I'm still not crazy about the new trigger - it's crisp and short, but still pretty heavy. Pic related are the four handguns I'm considering.

Here's a list of situations when my P938 hasn't worked for me:

>formal/business attire
I have a tuckable holster, but sometimes, I just don't want to have a visible "inexplicable" (to coworkers) clip on my belt coming out of my pants. P938 is a bit big and heavy for pocket carry, IMO, and I would also prefer a lighter gun for belly band carry.

>driving
My IWB holsters do not work when I have to drive for extended periods of time. I have been unable to find an ankle holster or shoulder holster for the P938 that I like. J-frames and the LCP have plenty of good ankle and shoulder holsters, though. An alternative solution would be to find a suitable ankle or shoulder holster for the P938, but I don't think there are any good ones.

>when I'm not wearing a belt, maybe around the house or whatever
The P938 is too heavy for no-belt carry. I think the LCPII and P32 might be light enough to pull it off, but the Ruger isn't sexy at all and I'm hesitant to pay good money for a Kel-tec. I'm worried about the weight of the NAA Guardian (15 oz), and also the lack of holsters for it, but it's the one of these four that I'm most in love with.

>hand-on-gun carry, in the hood
This would be the kind of situation where I might have a gun inside my jacket pocket, with my hand on the gun, while walking through certain neighborhoods, expecting to fire at belligerent criminals from through my jacket. Maybe unrealistic for my lifestyle, but I kind of just want to have the option. Only the S&W 642 would fit the bill for this.

Only rule is that I can only choose one.
>>
Those all look lame
>>
>>34258857
I EDC the LCPII every day appendix carry with an extra mag. It's very comfortable and hardly know its there.
>>
Don't get a Keltec, you'll regret the purchase. Ruger is g2g. Don't know much about the seecamp knockoff, but jframes are too big for pocket concealment.
>>
>>34258857
Sounds like the LCP 2 is the most appropriate choice
>>
I carry a p938 frequently and when I can't I carry a p290rs. It's far lighter.
>>
Top left but 442 Pro instead of 642.

My opinion is that the J is the perfect backup or discreet handgun option.
>>
I like the NAA .32. Small enough to CC comfortably, but it has enough weight to mag dump accurately out to 25 feet or so.
>>
>>34259665
Do you have one? Have you found the weight OK to pocket carry? What holsters do you use?

>>34259616
The specs listed online for the P290 indicate that it's about the same weight as the P938. Are you willing or able to weigh your two guns to compare? I've always wondered about these little pistols, just seems like a lot of money for what seems like kind of a fat pistol with a long DAO pull.

>>34259639
Yeah, the J-frame definitely checks a lot of boxes for me. It's not small enough, IMO, to pocket carry, but the availability of ankle holsters might negate that for those times when I can't carry a gun on my hip.

>>34259555
>Don't get a Keltec
Any stories?

>>34259313
What holster do you use?
>>
>>34259756
I find the J works pretty good in the pocket for me. I don't wear tight jeans but they aren't oversized either. Maybe not in suit pants though. Then again, I don't care if I print.

Magna grips really seem to help with the concealability vs boot grips, but they aren't for everyone.
>>
>>34259756
>Do you have one? (NAA .32)

No, but I've been looking for one since shooting a friend's Guardian. I live in rural AZ, so when I need a gun, I just open carry. But I think the Guardian would be an excellent back-up/EDC piece.
>>
>>34259815
Another thing about the J-frame is that it's a no-brainer to shoot it with gloves on. I ride a motorcycle, and the trigger guard on my P938 is definitely too small to fit my riding gloves into. Granted, I'm not really sure how urgently I'd have to use a gun that I'd have time to stop my bike and pull it over safely, but not take a glove off. It just does a lot of things that semi-autos can't do.

On the other hand, the LCPII is extremely thin, and about 4 ounces lighter than the revolver, so belt-free carry is more in the cards.
>>
>>34258857

From what I gather it sounds like the 2 most important details are size and weight.

in my opinion of those options you listed the best two are the S&W and the Ruger.

the S&W will be heavier due to the steel frame and thicker due to the cylinder.

the Ruger will be light,thin and easy to carry. also the LCP2 is a perfected version of the first one that came out.
>>
>>34258857

I'm considering getting a P938. Besides being unsuitable for pocket carry or non-belt carry, how is yours treating you?

I've read some anecdotes about being the safety being hard to engage in emergencies.
>>
>>34258857
A J-Frame like the 642 is excellent for pocket carry.

Ruger has their own version of the J-Frame, the LCR. I recommend getting both an LCR and a J-Frame in your hand, and see which you like better.
>>
File: 419921.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
419921.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>34259639
trust this guy
the centennial J frame S&W are incredible small and light, but need some practise to get used to
you maybe should consider one of the bodyguard .38 revolvers from s&w too
the model 49 is a bit heavyer, but has no hillary hole, smooth DA pull and has the ability for SA fire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0hUdwCT-uU

if weight is a concern, get the 438, or 638
and maybe, MAYBE consider a 640 too
it's a centennial in 9mm luger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqze9Ke_Enc
>>
>>34262022
>640
meant the 940
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHHKL436s6Y
>>
>>34259756
>The specs listed online for the P290 indicate that it's about the same weight as the P938. Are you willing or able to weigh your two guns to compare? I've always wondered about these little pistols, just seems like a lot of money for what seems like kind of a fat pistol with a long DAO pull.

I can give it the old two hand test when I get home. I feel like the 290 is noticeably lighter.
>>
>>34261616
>I'm considering getting a P938. Besides being unsuitable for pocket carry or non-belt carry, how is yours treating you?

I'm not OP but I carry my p938 in my pocket and I have a threaded barrel too. It's been super accurate and reliable.
>>
I own 2 of those firearms at this time and have fired all of those firearms. My favorite is the LCP2. I didn't like the LCP at at all and bought a Taurus TCP instead but when the LCP2 came out I jumped on it and it's a dream compared to any of the micro 380s. I only carry it in the summer when even my usual Kahr PM9 is just too big but it's great. You can't even compare it to the Smith 642, they seem huge compared to the LCP2 and are very thick, I still like them sometimes in a winter coat pocket though so you can shoot without drawing at all.
>>
>>34261616
Sorry for the delay, my internet has been fucking up since you made that post. The P938 is a good gun. Extremely small for the caliber, pretty light, reliable and has a crisp trigger with a short reset. The trigger has even lightened up the more I've shot it. I think that for the size, the quality and the trigger, it has no peer. For example, there are the Kahr M9's, but the quality is not all there, and the Kahr trigger is long with a long reset.

I don't like the fact that I need to use gun grease on the rails or else it will beat itself to death (nor the fact that the grease seems to exaporate quickly while shooting), but that goes for all alloy frame Exeter Sigs. I had to replace the mainspring housing and sear spring with updated parts since owning it (proactive repair), and I'm just waiting for the guide rod to come apart while shooting, so it has some design issues that you can read up on if you want to Google it. I don't shoot it too heavily, though, so I haven't experienced any problems with it myself. I wouldn't mind owning a P938 HD (steel frame) to tame the strong recoil, but Sig does not appear to have the production of such a gun as their priority, so we're just going to have to keep waiting.
>>
OP, there's always the S&W 340PD if you want a DAO revolver that weighs almost nothing (under 12 oz). You will pay for it, though ($1000 MSRP) and there is no version made without the internal lock, if that's a concern.
>>
>>34264217
How heavy is the trigger on the Guardian? How did it compare with the original LCP?
>>
>>34259639
>>34262022
I'm not sure I need cut outs in the cylinder for Moon clips and I don't think that the Pro Series guns come in a no internal lock version.

I'd prefer lighter weight guns, but that model 49 is freaking gorgeous.
>>
Why not get a Ruger LCR?
>>
>>34265594
Personal preference. I tend to just prefer Smith revolvers.
>>
P3AT.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.