[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you oper8 with black powder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3214.jpg (20KB, 738x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3214.jpg
20KB, 738x640px
Hey /k/, /felon/ here.
I miss guns. No longer on parole so I'm not being held under a magnifying glass anymore.
Do you think a modern inline muzzleloader is a viable option for operating or homedefense? At this point it's all I got. I'm thinking about a CVA wolf
>>
>>34256788
What felony? And no, melee or archery is your best bet.
>>
>>34256788
a black powder revolver with quick release cylinders would be the only way to operate with black powder
>>
>>34256788
The fact that felons can't own guns or vote is bullshit. Especially if you're off parole. If you've already served your time, you shouldn't be treated like a second class citizen. How long until you can legally own guns, OP? Is it a process or a length of time for you to be able to own then again?
>>
If black powder is legal why not just use cartridges loaded with black powder instead of modern smokeless poweder? Checkmate, FUCKING GUN GRABBERS
>>
>>34256788
That would be illegal
>>
File: IMG_1985.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1985.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>34256788
>Do you think a modern inline muzzleloader is a viable option for operating or homedefense?
If you can use it for deer(pic related), it'll kill an intruder. I have one and feel like it's pretty adequate other than the fact that it turns from a gun into a club after the first shot. Those 50cal hollow points are vicious and expand insanely fast.
But I'd think the smoke and fury these guns generate would really scare someone even if you missed.
>>34256788
>I miss guns. No longer on parole so I'm not being held under a magnifying glass anymore.
You better check with your parole officer or someone else in the know about your state laws. I'm not sure whether it'd have to be a smooth bore "antique-ish" gun to be legal for you.
>>
>>34256788
>I'm no longer on parole. What gun should I get so I can rob a liquor store again?

for the love of god, montresor
>>
>>34256958
Not the way it works. It isn't that "black powder" is legally okay for felons, it's that an antique or antique replica is specifically legally excluded from the definition of a "firearm."

That being said, although local authorities or the Fish & Game folks might not care, an inline muzzleloader is not a "replica" of any antique.

I'm not as certain with Federal law, but many states have specific statutes that limit "antique" and "antique replica" to guns that BOTH 1) were manufactured before a certain year or, though newer, physically appear identical or nearly so to a specific antique gun; AND 2) have a "primitive ignition system" like percussion cap, flintlock, matchlock, etc. An inline muzzleloader fails criteria #1. A cartridge of any kind fails criteria #2.

In some states, for example, there is specific case law that even says once you attach something clearly modern, it no longer meets the exemption. Even a fiber optic front sight tube attached to an antique musket could throw you out of the exemption.

Remington 1858 in .44 caliber, steel frame. Best firearm for those choosing to use or limited to using antique firearms.
>>
>being a felon
Why should you have a gun? You are literally the Bad Guy we talk about in home and self defense training threads.
>>
>>34256788
If people on this board cry about how drinkers and smokers shouldn't own firearms then if you're a felon you shouldn't own a gun. Good thing they have laws for it.
>>
>>34256788
>>34256858
My advice OP is that you shouldnt've been a felon. If you wanted funs, you shouldnt've lost the right to them. My opinion (and you can murder me for it if you want, /k/)is this: there are criminals that reform and really no longer mean any harm to society. However, there is also Jamal the gas station robber, Paco the narcotic smuggler, and Jeffery the wife beater who as soon as they get out, will be arrested again. In theory, most gun laws try to prevent violent crimes involving firearms. People who committed felonies like armed robbery might to it again, and people might get shot. So felons can't acquire guns through legal means as an attempt to reduce rates of violent crime. That is why I think felons are prohibited from owning firearms. I reason that's why because I think that's what a lawmaker would think. It would be dangerous for criminals to get guns, so make it so they can't.
>>
>>34257217
Next, I always wonder about the people who oppose this law. Not saying it's a perfectly reasonable law and you're crazy for opposing it, but from which perspective are you coming from? Do you want skinny gangsters to have more guns? Are you a felon? Are you opposed to all gun legislation? Felonies are serious. It's above shoplifting or ripping a tag off a mattress for sure. A felon might've drunk drove and killed a guy. Do you trust their judgement when it comes to guns? A felon made a rather bad decision, and consciously. They chose to rob somewhere, shoot someone, burn down a forest or whatever. I wouldn't hire someone whose judgement I couldn't trust. I don't want them fucking around with life and death.
>>
>>34256788
1) I'd double check on whether a felon can own black powder. I know that in California, they can't - BP aren't considered firearms for any legal purpose *other* than the fact that felons still can't own them. Whether that's true everywhere, I couldn't say.
2) I own a CVA Wolf and it's a really great little rifle. Shooting black powder is really different though - it takes a lot more care than modern guns do. You have to give it a quick cleaning AT LEAST every five shots, and a thorough cleaning before every time you put 'er away. I was at the range for three hours last week and put a total of 21 rounds downrange. That said, it's a *lot* of fun.
>>
>>34256788
operate with an air bow, a crossbow, and a compound bow.
>>
>>34257170
Is that true even if his felony was writing a bad check for over $150, or emptying the septic tank on an RV on the side of the road, or disturbing a gopher tortoise burrow, or being caught driving on a suspended license three times in his life?

Just saying. "Felony" encompasses a lot of things. It's a pretty arbitrary distinction and a blunt tool for regulating firearm possession.
>>
>>34256788
Not really the work around people make it out to be. The feds and most state govs have a history of treating BP and other gunlike devices as guns if you use them as such. So even a good shoot may end up with you getting felon in possession charges.

Either spin the wheel or work on getting your rights back.
>>
>>34257407
Yes. He is the Bad Guy and he's lucky some Good Guy isn't fucking destroying him right now. Criminals aren't real people. America is founded on justice, and justice is being served, you fucking leftbooker piece of SJW l*ddit trash.
>>
>>34257350
Last, is the law effective? Banning guns on campus as demonstrated on many sad occasions doesn't work. If someone wants to shoot up a school words on paper aren't going to stop them. Gun laws in Chicago still hasn't and never will stop criminals there from acquiring them and shooting people, as /k/ knows, this takes guns out of the hands of law-abiding citizens and puts them at the mercy of whoever doesn't obey the law. But, if a felon is determined to go back into crime and buys a gun illegally, doesn't that prove that the law would've--in a world where they couldnt've gotten one ilegally-- prevented crime? Then, after they commmit a crime and get arrested, not only are they a repeat offender, they have new charges brought against them, including illegal possession of firearms, and so they get a longer prison sentence, perhaps for life. That would definitely, if they would've continued, prevented crime. That's all I have to say.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.