[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me out /k/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2213.jpg (387KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2213.jpg
387KB, 1200x600px
I've just turned 21 and I currently have $1000 of birthday money

I was gonna spend it on a gun or a few guns if possible.

Hear is what I'm looking for:
>home defense/arsenal
>something I can practice with
>something that will be useful for the race war
>potentially more than one gun
>>
>>34256706
A nice crossbow or a benjamin airbow?
>>
nugget
>>
M&P 15 and one of the most popular striker-fired handguns.
>>
Spend it all on a very well made Katana. Guns are for manlets and children.
>>
Ruger 10/22 for practice, Ruger AR556 or an SKS for defense and disasters.

That'll run about 1k after ammo, accessories, etc.
>>
>>34256763
http://www.crosman.com/airbow
Its tempting isnt it...?
>>
>>34256831
I shouldn't get an AR15?
>>
>>34256706
buy yourself a one way ticket to a free country
>>
>>34256706
M&P-15. Glock 19. Done. Reliable, accurate combo.
>>
>>34256877
AR-15's are jam-o-matics and 5.56 is designed to wound people not kill.
>>
>>34256910
sometimes I forget what website I'm browsing
thanks for reminding me that I'm on 4chan, where everyone is "in HS, but 18yo senior"
>>
>>34256910
This. The AR15 was adopted by our military due to Colt bribing the shit out of the DoD. Your best bet is to get an SKS or an M1A. Both cartridges were made for killing, the .308 is known to be a one shot kill out to 500 yards. The SKS can be modernized with Tapco stocks and removable magazines making it just as reliable and more powerful than any 5.56 wounding assault rifles out there.
>>
>>34256706
>something that will be useful for the race war
a half dozen 40s&w hipoints loaded with triple charge handloads.
>>
>>34256987
>>34256910
>>34256831
Okay. I guess an AR15 is off the list.

What about a steyr aug though?
>>
>>34257024
Bullpup rifles are bullshit. Don't waste your money on them.

They can be fun to shoot but they're not good contemporary home defense or happening rifles.
>>
>>34256706
Invest in a series of low cost ETFs.
Save over time for your gun
Enjoy the extra money years later.
>>
>>34257043
What is a bullpup though? Is that like a famas etc?

Why are they bullshit?
>>
>>34256987
>>34257024
I would generally say "No AR" but the AR556 is one of the better ones. It's a piston driven rifle which makes it a heck of a lot more clean and somewhat more reliable. It's also got that Ruger worksmanship and a great price tag.

The SKS is definitely the better of the budget defensive rifles being recommended. If you live in an inner city, the Hi Point 4595ts is a great option too.
>>
>>34256706
buy one handgun. im assuming you want a handgun since you waited until 21. anyways pistol of your choice spare mags for 5 total, a holster and belt, then the rest on ammo.
dont buy like 3-4 cheap guns and no ammo.
>>
>>34256910
This anon is a retard-o-matic and he's designed to spout crap, not actual information.

He for sure thinks that a .45 will kill the soul of an assailant and a .223 will just make it hard for them to walk. He doesn't own any guns but he's giving advice about what guns someone should buy.
>>
>>34257074
A bullpup is a rifle where the magazine well is located behind the grip for greater space efficiency. They tend to incorporate more experimental designs and have a higher price tag. You don't get much bang for your buck though.

Overall as I mentioned before I would recommend having a .22LR rifle for practice, and a semi automatic rifle for defense. My recommendations are, in the following order of descending usefulness: SKS, Hi Point 4595TS, and Ruger AR-556. I'm giving you these recommendations because you are a new shooter on a lower end budget who will need lots of basic equipment like cleaning supplies, ammo, and accessories on top of the costs of the guns.

Only move to using the defensive rifle after you've become very competent shooting the .22 from the different standing positions. This should help you avoid any bad habits and familiarize you with iron sights from the get go.

Don't forget LOTS of practice too, this is really the most important thing.
>>
>>34257283
This.

AR15s are great, this thread is dumb.

Buy the upper and lower separately and put them together yourself. You'll pay around 450 for a quality gun.
>>
>>34257304
Stoner shills pls go
>>
>>34257338
FUCK, you got me. I'll leave now.
>>
>>34257343
!!!
>>
>>34257304
This is what I did and I couldn't be more satisfied.
The AR15 is not a jam-o-matic, despite the meme.
When cleaned at least somewhat regularly it will function completely fine. This is okay because as a responsible gun owner you really should clean your rifle every time you come back from the range.
You only need to do a little reading past the meme of jam-o-matic to see its now a farce.
Think about it, an AR used to cost $800 minimum under 10 years ago, and an AK $300. Now because of mass production, over stocking from the election, and horrible import regulations, the situation is completely reversed.
>>
>>34256706
If you already have an ar, then be smart and let it compound. Money is the most valuable for your future right now.
>>
>>34256706
AR15 of some kind and a 10/22, if you want to plink for cheap, or a used glock to carry. AR's are great, not sure what is up with this thread, and it is what everyone will have and be using in any sort of civil war type scenario.
>>
>>34256706
Buy a 10/22 and a cheap 9mm handgun of your choice.

Save the rest because leisure spending when you're still a kid is retarded.
>>
File: 1497220124971.gif (980KB, 227x221px) Image search: [Google]
1497220124971.gif
980KB, 227x221px
>>34257022
>>
>>34256706
Pick up a good plasticfantasticwunder9...possibly used to save funds to go towards the whole setup. Don't forget you want extra mags...plan on picking up another 3-4 over what it comes with. Get a holster or two (IWB/OWB), corresponding ammo and a carry permit. Witht he money left get a 12 gauge for home defense. Practice with both and get used to carrying. This is a good way to spend a grand that will meet and exceed your criteria.
>>
Ruger gp100 and a mossburg 500
>>
>>34258417
Legit a good combo for close range.
>>
>>34258417
stainless 4.2 inch? hhhnnnggg

whats a mossy 500 cost now-a-days? he could go maverick 88 to save funds to go towards ammo and whatnot
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.