[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suicide Drones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: uvision-660x350.jpg (16KB, 660x350px) Image search: [Google]
uvision-660x350.jpg
16KB, 660x350px
Okay so basically this is kinda like a Maverick Missile except it doesn't get launched, it just takes off. Grooovy.

> now we be launching suicide drones, to counter suicide bombers

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/05/21/bombs-needs-bombs-new-kamikaze-suicide-uav-combines-eye-sky-hellfire/
>>
We already have suicide drones.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomahawk_(missile)#Upgrades

>Tomahawk Block IV[10][11][12] introduced in 2006 adds the strike controller which can change the missile in flight to one of 15 preprogrammed alternate targets or redirect it to a new target. This targeting flexibility includes the capability to loiter over the battlefield awaiting a more critical target. The missile can also transmit battle damage indication imagery and missile health and status messages via the two-way satellite data link.
>>
File: METAL QUEER.jpg (201KB, 1440x747px) Image search: [Google]
METAL QUEER.jpg
201KB, 1440x747px
>>34255314
I dont know why we dont have something similar to this yet. Just have a marine fly it into a white truck.
>>
ISIS has been doing this with DJI Phantoms for a while now.
>>
So what's the difference between a cruise missile and a suicide drone?
>>
>>34255942
props vs rockets
>>
>>34255942
A drone transmits back video during its whole flight time and is constantly under control of the pilot. A cruise missile is basically just given a couple of gps coordinates and does the rest by itself.

I have been a fan of the switchblade UAV and similar drones right from the beginning, but finding anything about their use is pretty difficult. Apparently they are very successful and deadly on the battlefield. I suspect the successes are being kept under wrap so other nations are not unduly incited to build similar stuff ... and use it on US soldiers.
>>
>>34256449
and yeah, I know that drones can operate with just a few GPS coordinates too. But they are actively "flown" in a much more traditional sense than a cruise missile, if you now what I mean.
>>
>>34255942
Suicide drones are much smaller and therefore better suited for tactical level engagements such as knocking out a entrenched position or a vehicle, or just hunt down a bunch of hajis in the open.

Cruise missiles are meant for larger targets like entire bases or strategic assets, something that's not within easy striking distance.
>>
when think suicide drone, i think of that EOD bot police strapped rdx to to blow up that rooftop shooter
>>
>>34256449
>>34255377
>>
>>34256530
Alright, but whats the difference between a drone and a tv-guided missile?
>>
>>34257070
A full blown missile needs a proper launcher, which is not cheap and not very portable. Most drones only need very simple launch systems or can simply take off under their own power since they don't need to rely on rocket engines for propulsion. Sure they'll be nowhere near as fast as a missile, but it's hell of a lot easier for an infantry squad to carry around.
>>
>>34255314
Taadaa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP883020gE0&ab_channel=Saab
>>
>>34255942

I do think that a "suicide drone" these days would mean a rigged quadcopter or hexa-copter like the commercial drones you buy for hobby, armed with a weapon, probably an explosive/anti infantry device with the ability of being deployed, guided into position and strike very easily the same way someone who plays with a commercial drone for fun do.

This implies that it can be readied, launched and go kamikaze with a matter of minutes by a single operator being also cheap and easy to train people with.

Discarding for a while the differences >>34256449 >>34257115 already said, it is the whole tactical meaning of the suicide drone that it is on another level.

While a cruise missile is somewhat a strategic/large tactical weapon, that requires somewhat a complicated procedure to deploy, a suicide drone would be more like an accurate flying frag grenade - cheap, easy to use, effective as it can acquire video of the field and be driven to the foes.
>>
>>34255942
A suicide drone is a RC micro cruise missile with toy tier prop instead of proper rocket.
>>
File: isdrone-01-01.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
isdrone-01-01.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>34255918
>>
File: LA CUCARACHA LA CUCARACHA.png (1MB, 1089x1512px) Image search: [Google]
LA CUCARACHA LA CUCARACHA.png
1MB, 1089x1512px
Suicide drones only if they blast Mariachi music.
http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/57aba5d71f1b5-psyops-testing-for-k-related-purposes.php

http://desuarchive.org/k/thread/30913979/
>>
a suicide drone is just a missil--

>>34255377

SHIT
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.