[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you own the best semi-auto of WWII yet Anon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

Why don't you own the best semi-auto of WWII yet Anon?
>>
That's a funny looking M1 Garand.
>>
>>34255305
If it was so good, then why was it replaced with the AK within a decade?
If it was so simple, then why was it only the main service weapon in Stalin's delusional dreams?
If it was so accurate, then why did sharpshooters use Mosins instead?
>>
>>34255344
Because AKM was best infantry weapon until AK74 came out
>>
>>34255344

-Because the AK47 is a modern assault rifle and post WWII they were the way forward.
-Who ever said it was simple?
-See photo of sharpshooter using SVT40.
>>
Because I haven't finished my collection yet...
>>
>>34255418
>Because the AK47 is a modern assault rifle and post WWII they were the way forward

Not him but this isn't an argument

>beats itself to death because of sub-par materials and design
Totally the best 10/10 would trust my life to
>>
>>34255305
I do own a 1911, what are you talking about?
>>
>>34255305
sorry bud. I have all the slavaboo guns. if i were a "sniper" id rather use a mosin over the Jamomatic SVT anyday.
>>
>ww2 semi auto
>good
>>
>>34255461
>>Because the AK47 is a modern assault rifle and post WWII they were the way forward
>Not him but this isn't an argument
not either of them but it is, kinda like asking if brown bess is so good how come we use AR-15s these days if you catch my drift
>>
>>34255305
Jokes on you, I'm Canadian and I do. I would however hesitate to call it the best semi-automatic rifle of WW2, I've yet to shoot a Garand but I believe it would surpass it in some respects, I think the SVT could turn up in second place. And this is coming from someone whose favourite semi auto of the war is the SVT.
>>
But I do anon
>>
>>34255542
>jamomatic; clearly you don't own one.
>>
I'm a canuck, we all own 400$ svts up here. They're pretty sub par desu senpai. My buddy's 308 garand shits all over my svt.
>>
>>34257406
As long as it isn't a T3 that would make sense.
>>
>>34257569
If you're referring to the IRONCLAD ones, i believe those were T2 garands
>>
File: IMG_4750.jpg (1MB, 4032x1399px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4750.jpg
1MB, 4032x1399px
>>34255305
Dunno about best but they are neat and fun a fuck to fire
>>
>>34255418

>see photo of sharpshooter using SVT40.

Weren't scoped SVT's a propaganda meme and not much else because its first-shot accuracy was terrible and the Mosin was a superior marksman rifle in every way except fire rate?
>>
File: RussianFamily.jpg (958KB, 1839x1973px) Image search: [Google]
RussianFamily.jpg
958KB, 1839x1973px
>>34255305
Oh, but I do.
>>
>>34255305
Because I live in Australia.
>>
>>34257609
BOLD IRONCLAD SNARK FOR SALE
>>
File: IMG_0817.jpg (4MB, 3653x2371px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0817.jpg
4MB, 3653x2371px
>>34255305
But I do
>>
File: IMG_4761.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4761.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
>>34259829
Watch this leaf
>>
>>34259873
Leaf?

I'm a milsurp merchant in Pennsylvania.
>>
>>34259882
Excuse me sir gday
>>
>>34255305
But I have a garand
>>
>>34259882
Also I'm on the market for a high condition M38, Brazilian or Mexican short rifles
>>
>>34255305
Time for a pasta fresh from the press (please, take it and spread it)

This is assuming that we are not discussing sporting events or hunting but rather a shooting war/fight/whatever

Best rifle for MILITARY use does NOT, I repeat NOT mean the best rifle for civilian and or small group with little to no logistics use.

Capice?

A rifle for military use is not assumed to be the number one weapon on the battlefield; it is intended to be just enough of a pain in the ass to keep an enemy unit in the same position until CAS arrives, artillery arrives, the SAW can be dumped into them (not the first choice but a much better option than riflemen duking it out) or a marksman can get around to them.

A civilian/guerilla/small squad weapon with the assumption of no outside support means that the rifle in and of itself is the item being used specifically for the purpose of killing.

A military rifle needs cheap, light, dime a dozen ammunition that is easily used for things like carbines, SMGs, SAWs, and marksmen as well as the big standard rifleman as a result of a need for a simplified supply line.

A civilian/guerilla/small squad rifle is actually better off with the good old quality over quantity concept.
Higher velocity and weight rounds, longer ranges, less standardization and a lean towards what is best suited for the role it's in as opposed to one size fits all. Weight matters, but not nearly as much.

An assault rifle is best for an army, but a battle rifle or fuck it, even a bolt gun is best wen it comes to someone that doesn't have a supply chain to back them up.
That being said, the pingerator had fewer problems mechanically and is therefore superior.
>>
>>34259873
How much did the ak74 with the long flash hider?

what flash hider is that?
>>
>>34255305
Because I own the best semi-auto of the 21st century.
>>
>>34259793

Nah.

My SVT shoots just fine. It's even superior to your stock Mosin, a thing that never ceases to amaze me. The first time I took it to the range I was suprised that it performs so well. Almost Swiss milsurp-level, I may say.

That said,

>>34260237

This man is right and to add the SVT is not a good Soviet rifle. It's complex and somewhat finicky, it's not easy to clean and magazine problems are incredibly common. On the positives, it's somewhat reliable if well kept and it's.... a nicely designed gun.
>>
>>34260237
So with that being said, what would be ideal for a chimpout, WROL situation?
>>
>>34260483
The 74/104FR was about $1000, Russian faceted brake was $80 or so if I recall.

The AKM is a pre ban SA-85M with a Russian AKML hider that I think I paid a bill for
>>
Because am poorfag
>>
>>34255305
Because I don't live in Canada so they're fucking expensive. I'd rather have a Hakim.
>>
>>34255344
>If it was so accurate, then why did sharpshooters use Mosins instead?
some Soviet marksmen used scoped SVT-40s
>>
>>34255461
it literally is an argument you stupid mong

It was replaced because military planners determined that intermediate caliber assault rifles were preferable to rifle-caliber semi autos. That is not a knock against the capability of the latter as one of the best semi-auto rifles of the war era
>>
>>34255344
>If this was the best semi-auto battle rifle of WWII, why was it replaced by a full-auto assault-rifle 4 years after the war? HMMMMM????
>>
>>34263988
This. Soviets seemed to be impressed with submachine guns and weapons like esteegee 44. The AK-47 was basically a souped up submachine gun, and often referred to as such in US and Soviet documents.

After the Soviets experience in WWII it's no wonder the planners figured urban warfare is what WWIII would be centered around, and in many ways they got it right compared to the M14 and even 20" m16.
>>
File: DSCN1169.jpg (259KB, 1333x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1169.jpg
259KB, 1333x1000px
>>34255305
But I do
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.