[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone ever fall into a feedback loop when buying their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: FB_IMG_1496788581774.jpg (57KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1496788581774.jpg
57KB, 720x720px
Does anyone ever fall into a feedback loop when buying their first rifle? At first you want an AKM because "muh reliability" but then you realize that the 5.56 round shoots flatter, and if your AR gets damaged you just Lego it up. But then you want to be able to punch through cover or dense vegetation and have some serious authority behind your rounds so you go 7.62 Nato, so then you're set to go get a 7.62 rifle and you try one out at a local gun store and damn if it isn't uncomfy to carry around and they're usually not pretty cheap, but the AK is, and it's plenty powerful, and so the circle completes itself right where you started and you've made no progress towards choosing your first rifle.

I know what handguns I want but why is it that choosing a rifle is so difficult? There is so much compromise between quality, price, and caliber.
>>
There is no jack of all trades gun. Just like with everything else in life, there are compromises.

The good thing is that guns hold their value fairly well and they're fairly easy to sell, so just buy something and if you don't like it, you can get rid of it for something else and not lose a ton of money.
>>
>>34253062
I'm stuck wanting a WASR 10 and an expensive AR-15 build then a shotgun. I think I'll buy my handgun first since I'm at least resolute on that and then just go AK -> AR -> Shotgun -> flavor of the month.
>>
The real red pill is deciding 7.62x39 and 5.56 are both cuck shit rounds. You need .308 win. Now cry as ammo is 50 cpr for brass case. It's a buyers market for ammo now though.
>>
>>34253050
I had all these thoughts which is why I went with 5.45x39. It pretty much gets a little of everything.

Side note, I would buy like thirty of those and mount them over any available rail space I have on my AR for the memes.
>>
>>34253050
its this sort of greater investment mentality
Rifles are generally perceived as more of an investment than handguns, thats why youre getting into that loop
you want to make sure youre making the "right" decision when buying so you have a tenancy to over think it
>>
>>34253050
Market says best investment is the AR
>>
>>34253050
I'm actually in that situation right now, debating between an akm-s or a .300 blackout upper.

the .300 would be cheaper, but I don't know much about .300's ballistics, but the AK is somewhere around $200 more.
>>
File: 1269263338355.jpg (78KB, 800x472px) Image search: [Google]
1269263338355.jpg
78KB, 800x472px
AR-15 if your engagement range is0-300m AR-10 if your engagement range is 200-800m nothing else is required.
>>
>>34253050
I was like that for a while, but decided to just say fuck it and go based on price. The AK market isn't great right now, for x39 or x45. AR15s, and more importantly their aftermarket parts, are cheap as fuck right now. It's a good starting point, and if you feel you need more punch later you can always get a different upper or grab an AK then.
>>
File: 1477677872819.png (146KB, 480x352px) Image search: [Google]
1477677872819.png
146KB, 480x352px
>>34253050
I have found that, at least in the u.s, the AR to be more reliable.

The ar15 has the common 'milspec' standard attached to it, so pretty much anything you buy (even from the shittiest companies out there) will run great. Meanwhile if you buy the shittiest AK, you get a deforming bolt and a soft barrel.

Plus, it is so easy to diagnose and fix an AR. Overgassed? no problem, get a heavier buffer or adjustable gas block. Overgassed ak? You're fucked, send it to a smith.

Personally, I LOVE the ak, and when you have a properly set up one it's an excellent rifle. But it is a terrible choice for a beginner's first rifle. AK's are the next difficulty level up in weapon's autism.
>>
>>34253076
The real red pill is deciding that 54r and 308 win are both cuck shit rounds. You need 300 winmag. Now cry as ammo is 80 cpr for brass case. It's a buyers market for ammo now though.
>>
>>34253801
300 memeout is only decent at close range. The bullet drop off is crazy after 90 yards.
>>
File: 1487795078174.jpg (86KB, 960x943px) Image search: [Google]
1487795078174.jpg
86KB, 960x943px
>>34253050
>why is it that choosing a rifle is so difficult?

It isn't.

>buy Colt 6920
>buy a 2 point sling
>buy a quality red dot or a more budget oriented dot like a PA Advanced Micro
>consider a white light if you intend to use it for home defense
>get it properly zeroed
>buy an assload of ammo and shoot it till the wheels fall off
>buy more ammo
>buy more ammo
>shoot all of that ammo

Seriously, you're overthinking it. You don't need to fuck with triggers, gucci gas bullshit, buy useless trinkets like oversized trigger guards or any of that garbage. A quality built 5.56 AR15 and ammo will do you more good than constantly being in this "circle" of hardware masturbation.

And stay off /arg/. That place is wack as fuck and 95% of the people who populate it can't shoot for shit and their equiment selection is such a huge indication as to where their skill and experience level is at as a shooter.
>>
File: IMG_0460.png (203KB, 1024x436px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0460.png
203KB, 1024x436px
>>34255084
>Not using mk262 mod1
>>
>>34255616
OP here

I'm not particularly in it for the Gucci. I just want an Ambi AR-15, so I parted one together with some research into decent parts and I went with a Sionics upper on the build.

Now I haven't bought it but two builds cost me 1,200 and 1,600 respectively because my left handedness costs me extra.

I have owned an AKM but it was a C39v1 and I liked it but there was a lack of side rail for optics and the possibility of it becoming an IED.

For some reason the AK does me well and I get dominant hand reloads because I shoot left handed (due to being left eye dominant).

Regardless I'm just going to buy a handgun and then worry and let my money grow and then wait till it reaches an absurd amount of savings. Either I buy an Arsenal or I buy one of my builds.
>>
Just get one of everything if it's bothering you that much. An AR, an AK and a bolt action for longer range shooting.
One rifle isn't going to do everything.
>>
>>34253050
>the 5.56 round shoots flatter
Then you actually look at it's effective range and realize at 300m it's basically .22lr, which is the same range the 7.62x39 starts to arc (which you can fix by adjusting your damn sights).
>>
>>34257235
Do you actually expect people to believe the bullshit you're spewing? 300m? What happens at 301? Does it magically just disappear? Mk262 mod 1 has been shown to be effective on soft targets out to 800m, so you're either deliberately trolling, or you're just a noguns fag repeating shit you learned from call of duty.
>>
>>34257187
>>34257209
You're not wrong, and that's the plan, I'm just trying to decide what to get first.
>>
>>34253050
That's how a woman thinks
>>
File: 1497408774464.jpg (110KB, 1080x851px) Image search: [Google]
1497408774464.jpg
110KB, 1080x851px
>>34253062
wrong as fuck
>>
Got a shotgun first, then pieced an AR.
Then learned a shitton about ARs
Then built another
Now I want to rebuild my first AR because its got an m4 profile 16 inch carbine gas system and its embarrassing to take outside.

Just go AK.
>>
>>34255084
>no shotgun for trap/skeet/ducks
>no pistol for carry
>no two pistols for sliding down a bannister shooting shit like John Wu

come on now
>>
>>34253801

Get the .300 if you'd prefer to have parts commonality and a more familiar platform. .300BLK is meant to emulate 7.62x39 ballistics, so by doing that you're getting the advantages of it, while being able to do it with a shorter barrrel (should you choose to use a pistol or SBR lower later), with parts you already know about, and ammo you can easily form with your leftover casings of .223/5.56 if you want to expand into reloading in the future. Heavier loadings are also crazy quiet suppressed.

The ammo is a bit more expensive though, so it's a big tradeoff for me personally, but I like the versatility of it. Not shitting on AKs, if you want one, go grab one! But .300BLK IMO is more versatile if you're just looking for a round with similar ballistics.

>>34255616

This. All the basic shit that's needed is just that--Sling, light, optic.
>>
>>34255616
Imagine being Arnold in that scene and having to be all like "damn, Jamie Curtis, you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your tight body and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally have sex with you, both my character and the real me." when all he really wants to do is fuck another 16 year old in his dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Arnold and not only sit in that chair while Jamie Lee Curtis flaunts her disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing her stretchmarks and leathery skin, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while she perfected that dance. Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking visage but her haughty attitude as everyone on set tells her she's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, JAMIE LEE CURTIS LOOKS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch her mannish fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of blondes and supermodels and later alleged rape victims for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Austria. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on her dimpled stomach as she sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in her "statuesque (for that is what she calls herself)" beauty, the beauty she worked so hard for with personal trainers in the previous months. And then the director calls for another take, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the studio security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Arnold. You're not going to lose your future political career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.
>>
>>34257812
>wu
Funny way to spell "wick"
>>
>>34253050
I'm having the same problem OP.
>single stack 9mm
>single stack .40
>compact .357/.38
>>
File: 1492397578345.jpg (85KB, 450x658px) Image search: [Google]
1492397578345.jpg
85KB, 450x658px
>>34258438
>>
>>34253050
Having the same problem. Picking a handgun caliber was easy but now I can't decide between 5.56 or .308.
>>
File: 43432.jpg (577KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
43432.jpg
577KB, 1536x2048px
>>34257320
My money is on the call of duty bit...
>>
>>34257235
>7.62x39 @ 300m

It's dropped like 3 feet already at that distance and is delivering a whopping 500 ft/lbs.
>>
>>34253050

None of the shit you're focusing on actually matters for a civilian target rifle. Stop looking at guns like you're selecting a load out in cawadooty.
>>
>>34253050
You need one of each. One AR15 you build yourself, and an sks or AK just to make sure you have something to shoot 7.62 if that's all you have left. but there will be plenty of guns after a few days when RAHOWA starts. People will shoot it out for food and drugs enmass.Guns will be everywhere. Food and drugs not so much.
>>
>>34255084
the longer the range of engagement, the fewer places to make the shot. Unless you see yourself in built up urban warfare, or mountains, what's the advantage for guerrilla warfare? youd need the shorter/lighter rifle anyway.A serious mechanic ha more than one screwdriver.
>>
>>34258438
Oh fuck I hope someone saves this.
I'm on my phone and it would take 2 caps.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.