[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Single shot sports

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: single shot.jpg (62KB, 1024x608px) Image search: [Google]
single shot.jpg
62KB, 1024x608px
Recommend me a nice single shot rifle. I am currently a bit bored with semiautos and magazine fed guns in general and I want to challenge myself as a shooter. Preferably a new gun.

Can be any action type if it's otherwise solid and precise. Needs to have both open sights and a rail for scope. I like cartridges and reloading, however muzzle loaders are not out of the question at this point.
>>
>>34252651
Due to their variety I'd recommend the H&R Handi-Rifle, nothing fancy but they are generally good shooters and there are a lot of barrels available. Even a couple long 45-70 and 38-55's if you wanted to get into BPCR competitions.
Otherwise you have the Ruger No.1 which is a wonderful rifle based loosely on the Farquharson design and in an assload of chamberings, I've seen everything from 220 Swift to 450 Nitro Express and everything in-between. Beyond that you have the big classics like the Sharps, High Wall, and Rolling Block. Uberti makes damn good repros of all of the above and you can get Sharps and High Walls pretty reasonably if you avoid the Deluxe Sporting models and the like.
>>
>>34252683
Thanks, I'll look into those ones.
>>
Henry is bringing out one in blued or brass and in a lot of sweet calibers. Should be shipping out soon
>>
>>34252884
What's it called?
>>
>>34253003

The henry single shot rifle

https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/single-shot-rifle/
>>
File: top.jpg (87KB, 1400x425px) Image search: [Google]
top.jpg
87KB, 1400x425px
>>34252651
Ruger No. 1 in .45-70

>Big bore is fun
>Useful if you're a hunter
>Silhouette shooting, iron sights. Good challenge.
>Ammo available in loadings from mild to wild
>Cheap and easy to reload
>>
>>34253973
>>34254036

Both look very cool.

Does anyone here have a Ruger No. 1?
>>
File: IMG_3606.jpg (375KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3606.jpg
375KB, 1500x1000px
>>34252651
Huh, I have an 1884 Mk.III funnily enough
>>
>>34255585
What's going on with that bayonet?
>>
>>34255784
Wiggly sword bayonet.
>>
File: 1497151602088.jpg (41KB, 640x558px) Image search: [Google]
1497151602088.jpg
41KB, 640x558px
>>34252651
>>
>>34255784
It's called a "Yataghan" pattern bayonet, 2 foot blade - issued to rifles regiments and sergeants
>>
I really want to get a trapdoor and a snider Enfield but im a poorfag
>>
>>34256994
If you live in the US, IMA sell them quite cheap and you can do a payment plan

If you live in the UK - Canada often sells old rifles cheap, I got my Martini for $850CAD (£500) pretty much half the price I'd pay in England
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.