[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have any experience with the Chiappa X-Caliber? Was it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1767-900x600.jpg (129KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1767-900x600.jpg
129KB, 900x600px
Anyone have any experience with the Chiappa X-Caliber? Was it any good?

Any other long guns that can fire multiple calibers that you guys know of? Not old enough to buy a handgun yet so not going to buy a glock with a barrel change or the Medusa.
>>
File: 1496287982828.jpg (153KB, 620x514px) Image search: [Google]
1496287982828.jpg
153KB, 620x514px
I would get an old single shot 12 gauge and some barrel inserts for 2 or 3 hunnit smackaroos. That way you get the most versatile long gun (12 gauge) and the inserts allowing you to shoot pistol calibers making it even more versatile.
>>
I am trying to imagine acquiring that gun in my country. "Dear police, I would like to buy this gun capable of shooting ten different calibres." "Very well, you need to submit ten gun applications each in triplicates. Should you be allowed to buy these ten guns you will not be allowed to purchase further guns and we might not allow all the calibre inserts if you already own weapons in these calibres. The ten applicastion fees will amount to..."
>>
I would rather carry more ammo for the space and weight. And probably a .22lr pistol to boot
>>
You're not going to buy a Medusa either way, those things are rare collectibles.

I researched the X Caliber a bit but that was 2 or 3 years ago, there might be more reviews now. I found that, as often with Chiappa, the idea is cool but the designing and QC are lacking.

The rails are plastic straight from the Little Badger and can jump off when shooting 12 gauge or .44 mag.

Anyway I don't really see the practicality unless you're in an Mad Maxesque scenario. For any situation you're likely to encounter a few common calibers should be enough.
Also accuracy with the inserts isn't very good so it's only useful at short range.

Go to Short Lane and get some rifled inserts for a single or double shotgun in 12 gauge and you should be good.
>>
Go ahead and get one if you never want to hit what you're aiming at.
>>
You could get a combination gun.

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/Model42
>>
>>34252284
I bought the inserts separately. They're probably useless for shtf or whatever, but they are a lot of fun on the range.

They also work on guns with ejectors- most of the time it will pop the insert out just a little bit, but it will throw the expended case out. Makes reloading faster.
>>
>>34257641
I have one of these. It's sweet and not made of foam like the chiappa.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1JMj638bf8
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.