[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Australia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: images (11).jpg (8KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
images (11).jpg
8KB, 470x313px
Whats the latest on this? Do we really need a cat d license for it? Also are there any aussies in here or is our country too cucked to participate? Are there any good jobs in security or anything interesting in australia that dont need mil ir police experience?
>>
Also: Leyonhjelm, is there actually any hope of people being allowed to carry tasers, let alone guns around in light of the seemingly ever increasing threat of terrorism?
>>
>>34252241
>in light of the seemingly ever increasing threat of terrorism?
don't you know, aussie? If you kill your enemies, they win.
So if you defend against, or emu forbid, kill a bad person trying to do you harm, they win.
And if the bad people kill you, YOU win!
It's that simple!
>>
File: Australian gun laws.webm (176KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Australian gun laws.webm
176KB, 600x600px
>Do we really need a cat d license for it?
Yes you fucking baby killer.

It's been scientifically proven that the more rounds a firearm holds, the more likely you are to become a spree killer.

>>34252241
>is there actually any hope of people being allowed to carry tasers
No, you fucking psychopath.

Self-defence is for the government only. Stop trying to compensate for the size of your primary and/or secondary sexual characteristics.
>>
>>34252277
>>34252364
Yeah i get it lads surely there's some room in here for a bit less sarcasm though
>>
>>34252377
>surely there's some room in here for a bit less sarcasm though
>room
Fuck off, no room, we're full m8.
>>
>>34252229
Depends what state you are in OP?
>>
>>34252387
Nt at the moment, but moving to sa some time
>>
>>34252396
Pretty sure they have changed the regs for sa. Cat D is 5+
>>
>>34252380
Jesus christ how did we get this far down the slope
>>
>>34252402
We let a glorified accountant legislate on social policy.
>>
>>34252229
Cat D for 5+
Go and do a security course. Takes about 10 days for a level 1. Use that to get into a security job and from there get your level 2, which allows you to open carry on the job if your employer allows it
>>
>>34252431
What armed security jobs are there? The only ones ive seen are armaguard
>>
>>34252401
Lever shotguns aren't Cat D in the new Firearms Act that comes into force next month.
>>
>>34252441
Armaguard is the obvious and most well known. There are a few rare private contractors that let you do it, but it's a lot harder to get into. Some of the big corporations allow it after hours within their holdings if they deem it necessary.
>>
>>34252229
I just got approved for a lever shotgun (IAC) last week.
On my licence it says Cat A

Soooooo fuck knows
>>
>>34252380
I'm actually onboard with banning fake guns. Real guns are useful in a utilitarian sense so it's reasonable to allow them. Fake guns are useless toys that just lead to things like police officers shooting some dumb kid who pulled a fake gun that looked real enough at first glance to get the kid killed. Better that everyone knows that if it looks like a gun, it probably is a gun.
>>
>>34252876
so what if some aboriginal kid gets shot?
>>
>>34252876
You're making up a problem that doesn't really exist. The only example I can think of when some kid just got randomly shot is Tamir Rice, and there are probably at least tens of thousands of kids out there in America and Europe with Airsoft guns.

I know some other people have been shot during the commission of an actual crime, but I'd honestly prefer a criminal rob someone with a fake gun than a real knife.

And seriously, it's bright fucking blue.
>>
>>34252950
Tamir Rice was the most widely reported, but there have been plenty of other instances of people getting killed by police because they had toy guns.

Hell, one just happened a week ago.
http://ktla.com/2017/06/07/detectives-recover-toy-gun-from-scene-where-officers-fatally-shot-ran-over-man-in-wilmington-lapd/
>>
>>34253007
We're specifically talking about replicas or guns that look substantially like the real thing.

If the gun he had was a child's toy, then that's different, because the same situation could already happen here. It could've even had an orange tip still intact for all we know.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.