[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NJ firearm laws

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1497238531696.jpg (11KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
1497238531696.jpg
11KB, 400x224px
Need help /k/. I may have to move to NJ for about two years for my job. I have grown up and always lived in based gun states. What can I expect as far as my funs are concerned if I have to go there? I'm guessing no AR's, but what about pistols?
>>
File: 1479804102829.jpg (531KB, 800x946px) Image search: [Google]
1479804102829.jpg
531KB, 800x946px
>>34251284
Pls help Anons. I don't know what to do with my firearms
>>
Move to Pennsylvania and commute.
>>
>>34251719
this
>>
>>34251719
this

Nj is one of, if not the, worst state in the U.S. for gun ownership. They require a pistol purchase permite for each handgun, they have assault weapons bans, magazine capacity limits, and mandatory minimums for even simple posessory offenses.
>>
>>34251769
Jesus Christ. It's as bad as I read then

>>34251719
Job is about 15 min South of Atlantic city. It'll be a bitch to commute but maybe worth it since I don't want to sell my collection
>>
To give you an idea, I grew up in NJ and later moved to California, and I'm not exaggerating when I say that California gun laws are great by comparison. I mean sure, you can't have assault rifles and you can only choose handguns off a list, but at least you don't have to, as a law abiding citizen, beg a judge and a police chief to sign off on allowing you to buy firearms.
>>
>>34251284
Im a NJ anon, and I have AR, and AKs are sold here too. Everyone here, even the old people have some type of post ban AR. The laws do nothing but inconvenience us and limit out options. You will still hate it, but you can have AR-15s so long as they have on;y one evil feature.
>>
>>34251776
Lol, you will not be able to handle that commute, it would be a 2 hour commute one way.

The mag limit is 15, VP9s, compact Sigs, G19s, and PPQs are very popular here. Expect that to change after this next governors election though.

You can have ARs and AKs so long as you have a muzzle break or target crown barrel, a fixed or pinned stock, and no bayo lug.

There is a whole market just for gunsmithing these features on to our guns.

Semi auto shotguns are regulated into irrelevancy unless you hunt with them.

The worst thing about this state is no carry, followed by the AWB.
>>
>>34251779
>as a law abiding citizen, beg a judge and a police chief to sign off on allowing you to buy firearms.

You never owned guns in this state did you? It is no where near that difficult, and I probably own cooler guns than your commiefornian ass.
>>
>>34251831
>>34251805
I've read some horror story esque shit about not being able to get a permit to purchase a handgun. Did you know if there is truth to This? Looks like you need references and whatnot
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.