[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ashlands: It's been a fucking long time edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 380
Thread images: 81

File: eruption.png (92KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
eruption.png
92KB, 960x720px
Anyone remember the old post YS threads? Let's get some writefaggotry and world building going.
>>
>>34250360
>tfw chicagofag
the hoodrats will kill me first before anything else though
>>
>>34250360
I remember this
>>
File: cheeki_breeki.jpg (187KB, 777x777px) Image search: [Google]
cheeki_breeki.jpg
187KB, 777x777px
>tfw Minnesotafag
>tfw in the zone
"Ash storm soon fellow stalker, eh?"
>>
Does anyone have the old maps?
>>
>>34250360
>tfw floridafag
what the fuck is a mountain?
>>
File: Ashlands.png (169KB, 1372x667px) Image search: [Google]
Ashlands.png
169KB, 1372x667px
>>34250483
>>
With my limited materials I drew some shit, forgive the quality.
>>
>>
File: stealth_is_optional.gif (485KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
stealth_is_optional.gif
485KB, 500x376px
>>34250586
>>
anybody have the flags
>>
>be in cali
>virtually untouched
>riots and shit anyway
>conservatives purge shitlibs and retake the state
>found NCR

The west shall wild again!
>>
>>34250397
Logan Square reporting.
>>
>>34250648
Bridgeport here

Logan square is for fags / hipsters.
Why dont you come down south.
> The the green line if you want.
>>
>>34250360
C A S C A D I A N A S H L A N D E R S
>>
>>34250647
Mt Shasta, Mt Rainier, and Mt St Helens are set off by the eruption
>>
>>34250737
I actually love Bridgeport. Lived there for a couple years.

Go Sox.
>>
>>34250773
That's not what the picture says.
>>
File: 1345686604854.jpg (107KB, 662x786px) Image search: [Google]
1345686604854.jpg
107KB, 662x786px
>>34250360
>tfw kill zone
>>
>Salt Lake City
The Nation of Deseret is in a state of great suffering, but the ever-prepared Mormons were as equip as anyone could be to handle it. Most buildings downtown are buried up a few floors, though the Church has dug out Temple Square and State Street is being hauled clear where the tall buildings end. With every Mormon's "several years of dehydrated food" storage law we aren't being consumed by the riots one hears of elsewhere. Trade routes on what's left of I15 are clear up to Ogden (which has returned to its wild west roots). The USAF remnants and Church keep the marauder bands keep on the outskirts. Only the foolish embark further north towards the wastelands of Idaho; those who return bring ever-more horrifying tales.

The Church is powerful but peaceful and at one with the State, as planned back in the 1800s. They prioritize their own people first, but their do-good attitude allows us who do not walk in their ways to coexist. The Wards in every neighborhood are heavily guarded but open for trade (with a constant invite to join in worship, of course). Young Mormons are no longer assigned missions to distant lands, but instead operate under the same chain of command for rescue/rebuild operations. They view this new world as anything between God's test to the Day of Judgement. Given the propensity of more conservative people to prepare for cataclysms, even non-LDS survivors feel this is a culling of the wicked; an 'alternative' abomination as I surviving God's wrath is clearly an anomaly. As hardships loom on the horizon I fear that these extreme views will become enforced by Church Ordinance; 'love your neighbor' always falls to 'family first' when the stockpiles thin. Earth and sky are one with the ash; we cannot grow food. The Church has material wealth that can be traded, though the Southern Road to California is filled with dangers. Soon I'll have to choose between Deseret's judgement or take my chances southbound. Damned either way.
>>
>>34250528
what happens when you go into the deep zone or dead zone
>>
>>34251553
You see weird shit like petrified cities, ghosts, mysterious creatures, and anomalies
>>
>>34251610
And you probably die, go crazy, or both
>>
>>34251610
id imagine thered be a little underground civilization of weird fucked up people living in a buried city.
like rock bottom
>>
>>34251647
A bunch of autists with GP-5s, spears made from inoperably rusty mosins, and obrezes
>>
>>34251665
sounds comfy
can we make one?
>>
>>34251669
>the unnaground molemen of /k/
>>
>>34250360
ah this makes me wanna fire up the ol CPG lore I had for New Venice. But no internet and being a phone shitter is tough.

Is the Wiki still up?
>>
Venture into the deep,
where no man doth get his sleep
where ash and death it seeps
into every crevice and crease
the siren songs they cry
unto oasis of misheard lies
where many a man meet his demise.
fortune and fame scorched, into his eyes
>>
so with the US being the larges economy in the world and it falling so suddenly with its power still intact would create a domino effect and collapse the rest of the world, im guessing the rest of the world is going through the dark age 2: ashlands boogaloo?
>>
File: Ohio_National_Guard_Logo.png (76KB, 483x484px) Image search: [Google]
Ohio_National_Guard_Logo.png
76KB, 483x484px
>>34250360
OHIO
H
I
O
>>
>>34251744
Ohio has always had the best flag.
>>
>>34251553
you stand around on about 1000 feet of ash
>>
>>34251669
>implying it doesn't already exist
>>
>>34251695
Yeah, it's still up
>>
File: 20150731_001414.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20150731_001414.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
>tfw coastal Texas

Trade seafood and offshore oil to the Ashlanders then?
>>
Here's a fuckin dragger. It was going to be some kind of carnivorous mole but I changed my mind. It grew because of the anomalous properties of the deep zone or something.
>>
File: michigan strong.jpg (100KB, 300x298px) Image search: [Google]
michigan strong.jpg
100KB, 300x298px
>>34251744
While you're dealing with the Ashlings we're going to steal back Toledo from you.
>>
>>34250360
Seriously fuck you nature.
Pretty much the best states are covered there.
For example Montana.

Beuatiful
Lots of place to shoot funs
And very white
>>
>>34251772
>>34251744
As a Ohioan to a Michiganer
Let's put aside sports and squabbles over a shitty city and take care of the real threat that exist
The city of Chicago
>>
File: anton-marinin-1.jpg (455KB, 1920x913px) Image search: [Google]
anton-marinin-1.jpg
455KB, 1920x913px
>>34250360
>>34250528
>tfw I live on the edge of the were the weird shit is, but also between major cities
>tfw Me and my descendants would be those cooky natives on the edge of civilization offering to guide people to find archiotech in the dead zone
I'm okay with this future.
>>
>>34251800
>The true evil is the city of Chicago

Agreed. Let's turn them to ash.
>>
>>34251871
The NCR stands with you, we are prepared to lend you our elite spec ops unit, the ski patrol.
>>
>>34250744

Mah n'wah. Can't wait to regress to tribalism.

>hunting ashbeasts for food
>fighting with NCR rangers because California is the personification of evil that triggered the great eruption
>Gathering sacrifices to appease the newly awakened volcanoes of the Cascades, Rainier is angry and demands food
>uniting the tribes for annual raids against the NCR, Deseret, and Canada
>hipster garb becomes the traditional, thoroughly formal dress code of the clergy and tribal leaders

Sounds like too much fun
>>
>>34251884
The NCR was absorbed into the Mojave Union
>>
>>34250606
>>
IF Yellowstone erupts, it's probably not going to be even 1/100th of the scale they're saying it is.

Also why is nobody arguing that an eruption of this magnitude would definitely throw off the Earth's orbit?
>>
>>34251765
>letting anyone know you're from Galveston
>>
>>34252163
Because it wouldn't you bonemuncher.
>>
>>34252179
Motherfucker if the original Tsar Bomba was capable of it, an explosion able to propell that much matter will definitely do it.
>>
>tfw colorado
>end up being those people by mt everest that carries stuff for rich fags
>end up being body guards for HVTs because of ash lands experience
>mix of limited firearms and bows of all types

>Be me inna colorado it has been several years sense the happening
>looking for work to buy new ash mask
>see odd looking fellows saying they came from the west
>noone comes this far into the ashlands from the west
>say that they have encounterd the ash bears in the mountains on their crossing over the mountains losing a majority of their group
>OH SHIT
>they are california fags
>offer to guide them to where ever they want for a price
>They want to go to NORAD
>these niggers be crazy
>NORAD was over run by grey skins a year after the happening
>try to tell them it is a waste
>they insist, They offer mall ninja shit as payment
>no wonder they got butt raped by ash bears
>Tell them that if they want to go against a large group of grey skins they need larger guns than 5.56
>the brush it off and offer me a 45-70
>MYDICKISDIAMOND.jpeg
>haven't seen one of these in years
>say i will guide if they have ammo for it
>large black man carrieing a massive ruck pulls out 2 .50 cal cans out full of 45-70 gov
>well shit if im going to die today i will have my riafu in my hands.
>we head out
Cont?
>>
>>34252217
Go on...
>>
>>34250397
I think its more likely for you to die from ash inhalation and or structural collapse
>>
>>34252185
it wasnt though
>>
File: H.G.Wells The food of the gods.jpg (140KB, 611x804px) Image search: [Google]
H.G.Wells The food of the gods.jpg
140KB, 611x804px
How viable would mushroom farming be as a method of survival?
I get that you probably wouldn't be able to live off of Portabellas alone but I imagine with some vitamins and a few scavenged cans of whatever one could last quite a long time.

I mean they seem like a perfect crop for ash darkened skies. If the sky gets dark enough you could probably grow them out in the open. Volcanic ash is very, very high in minerals and nutrients. I imagine that ash mixed with some manure/compost makes some pretty amazing growing substrate. They are easy to maintain and require very little work once the spores are growing. Many species yield very quickly and in abundance. Once the roots are settled you can get many harvests from one set of soil. They have a very long shelf life if dried.

The only downsides that I see are that some species require rather specific growing conditions that your average post apocalyptic basement farmer really can't meet and getting a hold of some spores after the stores have been looted might be a problem. Also they require a fair bit of water in the soil. Might be hard if you live in a desert or away from easily accessed water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5fJeCC3N9g
>>
>>34252340
good protein source considering others will be hunting small game and be cannibals
if you dig a greenhouse down into the old soil and cover it with plywood and put in some grow lamps (run a silenced generator) you can probably get some other veges happening

also sewers of the old world will probably still be moist enough
>>
>>34252340
That's exactly what they did in Metro. If it could be done underground it sure as fuck could be done inna ashlands.
>>
>>34252371
>if it can be done in one fictional setting then it can be done in another fictional setting
>>
>>34252407
The conditions are pretty similar fampai
>>
File: george-korf-ecologist-suit.jpg (470KB, 1920x1152px) Image search: [Google]
george-korf-ecologist-suit.jpg
470KB, 1920x1152px
>>
>>34250360
Not weapons.
>>
>>34250360
Speak quickly, outlander.
>>
>>34252176

My favorite part of the state
>>
>>34251871
We need to get Indiana in on this
>>
File: morag tong.jpg (565KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
morag tong.jpg
565KB, 1280x1920px
>>34252990
>not like this

Filthy N'Wah.
>>
With Ohio, Michigan and Indiana putting aside any sports based differences, they United as the nation crumbled around them into the Midwestern Union.
After sorting the three states resources,food,water, fuel, and man power in both the National guard and state police forces, troops deployed to both keep the peace and halt the flow of crime and destruction coming from Chicago.
>>
File: 1473612710815.jpg (207KB, 687x1234px) Image search: [Google]
1473612710815.jpg
207KB, 687x1234px
classic.
>>
>>34250360
The supercaldera is an overblown meme and is only theoretically capable of being cataclysmic.
Short of ay lamao's using alien technology to ensure that that occurs, you would just see a massive eruption, about a week of ash, delayed flights, new volcano/s, and either a mild summer or a cold winter.
>>
>>34252217
>We walk for 5 days because the ash has clogged most cars with ash
>i finger fuck my new riafu the entire way there
>It was unusally calm going west today
>after stopping to have a food break of what little mashed together food we had and a fire to warm i check my "ash" maps to see where we are
>give a briefing to California fags
>"Ok we are just outside of colorado springs get ready for some resisitance"
>everyone starts putting on full battle rattle
>pouches everywhere and tacticool plate carriers
>tfw i just have a stab vest and 2 bandoleers for ammo
>we start walking again in to the city entering from the north east on HW 24 for the fastest way to the AFB.
>see cars shaped like a blockade
>lol wut grey skins dont make blockades
>sense i am the guide i have them stay back and to run away if i get shot
>walk up to see Warsaw back vehicles here
>check around vehicals see dead bodys in full battle rattle in RF camo
>WTFisgoingonhere.jpeg
>walk back and give the all clear
>i need to start asking questions now
>"check this out these are warsaw pact vehicles, wonder what they are doing here."
>they shuffle a little
>"do you know anything about these"
>ofcoursenot.gif
>ok well lets start moving again moving past cimmarron hills
>see the ash start to thicken
>"we are close be ready for the grey skins"
>have riafu in hand ready to bang bang any grey
>wtf there are lights inside the fence
>ask one of the california fags to hand me his scoped out AR
>look through the glass and what do i see
>FUCKING WARSAW PACT VEHICLES AND EQUIPPED SOLDIERS
>ok i need to get some answers
>" what is going on here this is the second time i am seeing these type of vehicles"
>they badly lie saying that they dont know anything about it
>"well that is your NORAD so unless i get an explanation im going to pack up and go home because i guided you here
>we dont know anything agian
>well before you do anything stupid let me get out of here
>grab all my things and head back home
>>
>>34254589
>hear gunshots and explotions behind me
>such is life in the ash lands
>>
>>34254481
>everyone fires their entire nuclear arsenal
>someone thinks it matters where they "strategically detonate"
if one goes off they all do
>>
>>34254615
You don't understand, YS erruption means that US is completely uninhabitable for 10,000+ years. Nuclear winter will eventually be over for the rest of the world. But US is lost.
>>
>>34254589
>>We walk for 5 days because the ash has clogged most cars with ash
... Just because air filters are disposable doesn't mean they can't be manually cleaned enough to be functional.
>>
>>34254659
>caldera meme
>nuclear winter meme
Check your facts.
>>
>>34254726
>memetard
check your brain. it's faulty.
>>
>>34254343
With some former active duty elements of the US military joining the Union, it gained access to comm satellites and a few recon satellites. Giving a huge advantage on top of the existing air power from the air guard bases.

The initial combat of slowing the waves of refugees and combatants from the Chicago land region was slow, as many enemies were on foot and the thick ash floating in the region hampered the use of both fixed and rotor wing aircraft.

A small group of volunteers performed a amphibious landing in Chicago in a attempt to make contact with any friendly forces remaining in the city. A small group of CPD and ILST were extracted and a small foothold was made on the navy pier. This FOB is under nearly constant attack from south siders who forced their way north into down town
>>
File: 1495731562868.jpg (12KB, 284x276px) Image search: [Google]
1495731562868.jpg
12KB, 284x276px
>>34251765
We are far from the eruption, we have a decent Aerospace Industry
>Creates Aircraft Capable of flying in Ashy conditions
>Trade all over the Ashlands
Checkmate
>mfw
>>
>>34254749
Since you don't understand let me try to help you.
When most people use meme in this way, they mean to say that what is being espoused either has overstated impacts, or is based on a false premise, and is repeated so much that people accept it without thought.

For example, fudlore is boomer memes.
Both the super caldera, and nuclear winter are memes.
The caldera became a meme because theoretical worst case scenario is more entertaining than realistic or probable outcomes. And nuclear winter is a meme because it uses fallacious models developed by alarmists that assume every strategic target is a city and that every city is made of 1900 era gasoline soaked rags.

>tl;dr
You're a faggot. Don't be sheeple, have some skepticism and critical thinking.

>tl;dr tl;dr
Don't be subhuman.
>>
>>34250360
anyone in the "ash zone" is dead you stupid fucks, there's no surviving when your entire land is covered with ash
>>
>>34251759
>>34251669
boys, i'd like to direct you to the /K/ave
https://discord.gg/3jnRcXu
>>
>>34254847
you've just confirmed you're fucking clueless.
post less.
>>
>>34252163
There have been comparable eruptions in the past.
>>
>>34250360
So, would it be cold in the Zone? What temperature range are we talking about here, because that could determine gear necessary to cheeki the breeki
>>
>>34255805
well since ash blocks out the sky as far as the secondary red zone to the point where sunlight is a rarity, pretty fucking cold
>>
>>34255910
Yeah, I thought as much. Thanks.
>>
>>34255910
holy shit this sounds like a fucking dream
volcano when?
>>
>>34255144
Anyone in the "tundra" is dead you stupid fucks, there's no surviving when your entire land is covered with ice.
>>
>>34256093
kek
>>
>>34250360
>>34250528

In 2015 they discovered the magma chamber under yellowstone was about 4 times bigger than they thought it was.

So your map will have to be updated with a larger ash spread (based on square root propagation, very likely to spread all the way to Georgia). And everyone in colorado is dead.
>>
File: huge zit.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
huge zit.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>34254574
> overblown
> volcano
JUST

ayylamos using alien technology to ensure that it occurs
> this is precisely what I know is going on
> though its abit more twisted than that
> its kinda like pic related
>>
>>34252163
>>34252185
The issue is if you never project significant mass outside of the atmosphere your not going to see any major change in the earths orbit since all of the energy gets dissipated back into the atmosphere, possibly the spin might change ,(earthquakes cause this to happen occasionally), but the orbit would take magnitudes of energy that Yellowstone doesn't have.
>>
>>34250360
>living in sioux falls
>on the edge of the primary zone
So it's either a lot of ash or a fuckton of ash. Yippee
>>
File: p8mpbnolztn23f5ooiah.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
p8mpbnolztn23f5ooiah.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
>>34256615
>TFW I was looking forward to see a giff of it popping,
>>
>>34250647
The earthquakes alone could trigger the san andreas fault making a big ass earthquake
>>
>>34250528
>tfw NCfag.
Gonna be fun fighting to reclaim the old CSA. Texas fags are gonna get BTFO.
>>
>>34253697
Indiana here. What's going on?
>>
>>34250360
>tfw salt lake

Live just on the edge of the killzone. I have an AR, will I live?
>>
File: IMG_0114.jpg (55KB, 640x399px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0114.jpg
55KB, 640x399px
>>34250360
>tfw Pennsylvania
>tfw wanting to move to Wyoming ever since giving up the chance 4 years ago
>not bothered by Yellowstone impending shit storm
>science fags would detect an eruption of this size months or even years before it happens
>still gonna move bro
>>
File: NC M1 SMG.png (6KB, 629x251px) Image search: [Google]
NC M1 SMG.png
6KB, 629x251px
>>34250360
>>34250528
Northeastern Coalition reporting in.

Glad to see Ashlands is back
>>
File: NC M1 SMG.png (5KB, 619x259px) Image search: [Google]
NC M1 SMG.png
5KB, 619x259px
>>34257085
SMG is finished

Does anyone want to see the NC's AR-15 / Sterling tube rifle?
>>
>>34256774
Ohio , Michigan and Indiana are uniting to create the Midwestern Union.
Also removing Chicago from the face of the planet
>>
File: True North Flag.png (8KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
True North Flag.png
8KB, 1024x683px
Canada here, it's been so long; still had this image floating around my computer.
>>
File: for what purpose.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
for what purpose.gif
1MB, 500x500px
>>34254813
>YES, I AM THE PROPRIETOR OF ASH YAMS AND SCRAPS
>>
>>34254615
>if one goes off they all do
This is stupid.
>>
>>34255249
Nuclear winter is not a real thing.
>>
File: NC M1 SMG.png (13KB, 647x698px) Image search: [Google]
NC M1 SMG.png
13KB, 647x698px
>>34257802
the NC's M1 SMG now has some friends
>>
>>34258685
wow NC must have been pretty fucking desperate to copy the fucking sten
>>
Eastern Canada reporting in, ash conditions are clear - the paper mill in town used to do worse - but this cold is a fucking nightmare. And what's worse is the things coming down from the snowfields, and washing up on shore. Some people talk about mutagens in the ash, some say they've always been out there...but I know one thing, a fucking caribou doesn't walk like that, and it sure as hell doesn't drag a grown man off from camp in the dead of night.
>>
>>34258723
It's better than the alternative, which is to say not being able to issue enough firearms, let alone standardized firearms, to equip the regional militias that make up 99% of the NC's armed forces.

Gotta protect those farms at all costs.
>>
>>34258961
id rather just die than hold a sten
>>
>>34250528
Haha, I remember I got the Greater Appalacian crybaby all booty blasted and he rage quit last year. Good to see a blank space where his society used to be.
>>
>>34251505
>No (you)s for the effort
Allow me to fix that, friend. Needs at least one reference to John Moses Browning. I appreciate the effort you put in though. Solid storytelling, entertaining read.
>>
>>34250360
It's only 6-8% full, autist.
>>
>>34251647
There was supposed to be something in a bunker complex under the Denver airport, but I don't think we ever got in there last summer. Maybe this year...
>>
>>34250360
>Eastern washington will be Innazone
perhaps the best news ive seen today
>>
>>34251751
Maryland, Alaska, TN, NM, AR would all beg to differ
>>
>>34251765
>>34252176
BRING BACK THE PIRATES OF GALVESTON ISLAND
>>
>>34250360
>Arizona
>Literally no different than before
>>
>>34254589
>the ash has clogged most cars with ash
try to tone down the redundancies
>>
File: 3099359_n_vir1.jpg (25KB, 340x255px) Image search: [Google]
3099359_n_vir1.jpg
25KB, 340x255px
>>34250360
tfw in the kill zone

I hope I'm sitting on top of Lone Peak facing south, and I see the flash. Just before I die I will have time to mutter "fuck them tourists"
>>
File: Taylor's Island.jpg (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Taylor's Island.jpg
28KB, 300x300px
I used to have one of these societies. It never made it onto the wiki though. Let me see if I still have anything on the hard drive from the old Delmarva Confederacy
>>
File: 7039342959_f9b8af212e_b.jpg (114KB, 700x474px) Image search: [Google]
7039342959_f9b8af212e_b.jpg
114KB, 700x474px
>Venturing into the wastes in anything other than Ash-Pat
>>
>>34250528
I guess I'd be in the Northeastern Coalition, wonder what would be going on here.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (57KB, 509x403px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
57KB, 509x403px
>>34259326
I've got flags!
Might be able to scare up a map or something
>>
>>34259362
It's fucking cold, the government thinks it's the rightful US government, there's barely enough food to go around, and there are frequent incursions by bandit gangs in order to steal food they can't produce themselves.

But hey at least there's no ash.
>>
File: 2000px-New_England_flag_1988.svg.png (55KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-New_England_flag_1988.svg.png
55KB, 2000x1333px
>>34259514
That's the short of it, anyways.

I could elaborate further if anyone's interested.
>>
>>34251610
>tfw the entire northwest becomes METRO
>tfw living underground is the only way to escape the wastes and raiders above
>>
>>34259544
I'm interested
>>
File: IMG_2773.png (20KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2773.png
20KB, 640x480px
ENJOY CHOKING TO DEATH YOU FUCKING YANKS!!! WHO'S THE FAGGIT NOW!!! MWAAHHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!
>>
File: 1496528683129.png (546KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1496528683129.png
546KB, 800x1200px
>>34260196
you.
you are still the faggot.
>>
>>34259704
>all the creatures of injun legend are real and now they're pissed off
>>
File: 1470441794712.png (384KB, 523x674px) Image search: [Google]
1470441794712.png
384KB, 523x674px
Fucking kek. I remember that shit. It got too complex and I pretty much had to be actively defending my borders 24/7 IRL to stay around. Almost a year to date IIRC.
>>
>>34254659
Nuclear winter is a myth.
>>
>>34260352
True. Volcanic winter however is not.
>>
>>34255144
>implying people would just stay where they are and there wouldn't be massive migrations and rescue operations from al over the nation and the world
>implying ash means cars dont work
>>
>>34260366
Could it potentially be global, or would it be more localized?
>>
>>34260406
The cooling would be global, possibly enough to even trigger an ice age, but the direct ash plume effects would probably be limited to North America and Mexico.
>>
>>34260352
Its an untested idea. It relies on the idea that nukes will cause enough fires and particulate to cool the planet.

Volcanic winters however have happened many times in ancient history so there's really no question about those
>>
>>34251774
that, and the shitty states have the war target cities so the entire country is fucked.
>>
>>34258198
How can I serve you today
>legit make flying trading posts in C-130s
>>
>>34250360
Idiots, no humans survive.
A full scale eruption of the Yellowstone caldera is an extinction level event. The lucky ones die in the first few hours.
Fucking idiots.
>>
>>34261104
>i am a massive cock sucking faggot who has no freinds: the post
>>
File: you-deserve-a-seizure.gif (21KB, 768x646px) Image search: [Google]
you-deserve-a-seizure.gif
21KB, 768x646px
>>34261104
>>
>>34261148
That's quite the gif you got there, no doubt some faggits actually been sent to hospital from it.
>>
>>34261239
>he doesn't know the tale of Kurt Eichenwald and Jew Goldstein
>>
File: Yellowstone hardmode.jpg (170KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
Yellowstone hardmode.jpg
170KB, 680x650px
>>34250528
DKTC reporting in.
>>
File: 1473740148480.jpg (345KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1473740148480.jpg
345KB, 1920x1080px
Navigator on a caravan from the TEF to the Union out west.
Anyone know were I can find someone selling gas that doesn't charge an arm and a leg on the trail?
>>
>>34260271
If it isn't my favorite booty-blastee.
>My borders go all the way to Canada and the Atlantic coast despite there being no geographic or cultural justification for me grabbing up a third of the country. Everyone who wants to play the game that lives within 100 miles of my territory get out REEEE!
>>
>>34261121
Lmao
>>
>>34261104
>has erupted multiple times over the past million years
>never wiped humanity off the face of the Earth
>>
>>34252163
>Also why is nobody arguing that an eruption of this magnitude would definitely throw off the Earth's orbit?
Are you retarded?
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 480x349px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 480x349px
Chicago has been neutralized
The sky's cleared up and the A10 squadron out of Michigan rolled in heavy on the city.
The gangs had no defence against air power, only reason they could hold out against our ground troops was sheer volume of fire.

The current order of business is spreading into the rest of Illinois and securing the region.
>>
>>34262914
The rest of Illinois is a ash filled hell hole
There's a thick layer of the fine ash everywhere, it sits on everything and everyone.
Plenty of survivors and a small towns that walled themselves off who were more than happy to join us.
We made it to the western border, having removed raider gangs in the process. Now we're simply solidifying our supply lines and troop deployments.
Food production is still our top priority with fuel and ammunition not far behind.

Standard Oil will rise again one officer quipped
>>
File: 1497516216239.jpg (80KB, 680x535px) Image search: [Google]
1497516216239.jpg
80KB, 680x535px
>>34250360
>Ex lives close to Salt Lake City and left me to study there
I do not know what to feel, I do not hate her, but of all places she could have gone she choose there
>>
>>34250360
>cali unaffected
0/10
>>
>>34263098
No more water for cali, only refugees that may cleanse it and create a new California
>>
>>34254847
>Have some skepticism and critical thinking.
In the unlikely event of a full nuclear exchange, targets include silos in the middle of bfe and backup airfields located everywhere, not to mention the main countervalue targets. On top of that, just look at how far wildfires get and then imagine them starting in at least a hundred places on each continent with no emercency response left to stop them.
Say what you want about fallacious models, but keep in mind that the smoke clouds from kuwaiti oil fires lowered temperatures for a hundred miles downwind in the first gulf war until they were put out.
>>
File: IMG_5388.png (950KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5388.png
950KB, 900x675px
>>34250528
I can't tell you what it's like, this world a farcry from what it once was. We could watch on the news of those images of something so terrifying, so dreadful across the country. It didn't sink in at the time what this would do to us, it felt so far away from home. Then the sky was clouded with ashes, the sun only ever peeking through in the Sunshine State. In the first few days the black rain saturated everything, muddy piles clogging sewage systems, drainage pipes, it was a pain for us who never experienced such discomforts but it seems less than a nuisance now. Then water couldn't be drank from the tap. Then bottled water was dwindling. Then food started to dwindle. People envisioned the federal government couldn't neglect us, they would come aid us, we were amongst the larger states in the former Republic after all. However, this entire system was in disarray, clinging to life elsewhere as we all were forced to make due with our own devices. FEMA couldn't handle individual disasters, that they could handle this was unreasonable. Individual churches with congregations unprepared for something of this scale would, even united, flounder under the weight of feeding millions. The military was full of soldiers who had a chain of command that was slower than anything they'd been used to and, frankly, wanting desperately to go home to be with their loved ones. You can only imagine how bad it was when the food banks were out, when food from the bread basket of our country stopped coming, when our own growing season diminished.

We had never planned for this, as a country, as a state, as a people. Perhaps we naively thought that this could never happen to us. Maybe it was simply the revenge of reality.
>>
>New Mexibro
>2 months since explosion, havent seen the sun in 6 weeks, first week the sky was raining ash and red, second things started going dark, been so since then
>Ash has turned the already shitty NM environment into a relatively cold, and shitty badlands. Feels like winter in the high desert all the time, but the snow is ash. Smell of sulfur in the air.
>crime was bad before, now its rampant
>smoke rises from Abq in the distance.
>fuck it, atleast were not in Denver
>emergency services are in shambles
>hospitals over-filled, untreated patients, most staff have vacated
>most big stores have been gutted, some smaller locations as well. Armed robberies that turned to murder, bodies have been there for days or weeks
>things are quiet for the most part, scattered gunshots throughout day, car alarms, faint voices
>the already large gang presence has turned to roaming bands of relatively violent lightly armed scavengers, normally relatively easy to route and fend off.

>spend most the day with my well-armed friends/neighbors, scavenging through abandoned houses, and searching for unlooted stores. Trading with neighbors, cleaning weapons, avoiding any military presence, and taking pot-shots at looters in the neighborhood from the roofs.

>small milita basically, flipped cars to block off the roadways into a two block perimeter. Small groups 5-10 guys each at the outer intersections. Aprx 6 of these "checkpoints".
>power is still on, but is crippled due to constant brown-outs lasting anywhere from 10 minutes to a day or two at a time. Who knows how long it will be before it shuts off indefinitely.
>cell service however is still up.
>nat-guard from the east and west coasts is stretched thin.
>having a hard time keeping things in check further into the ashlands.
>dead zone is called the "dead-zone" for a reason, no one goes in there, nothing left but smoldering ground.

>we'll see how the next few months go.
>things could turn around, but they could also get worse.
>>
File: abq2019 (1).jpg (120KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
abq2019 (1).jpg
120KB, 650x488px
>>34264008
(new mexibro cont.)

>Could be worse though. Luckily living 20ish miles north of downtown Abq has kept the violence down a little, but some gangs are spreading hoping to find better takings in Rio Rancho, and Bernalillo. It's probably going to get worse before it gets better.

>We see fires burning down-town and on the banks of the Rio Grande at night.
>But some of the lights are still on out there.
>Whereas the North side is still semi-habitable, everything south of the I-40/I-25 interchange is fucked, and closer you are to it, the worse.
>South Valley has been raped by gangs. Met a family running north. Said the Father had killed a couple bangers breaking into the house. Woke up the next night to half the neighborhood on fire. Any semblance of police presence doesn't even go down there anymore, and the nat-guard have their hands full with it.
>Highways are clogged with abandoned and burned out cars. Lots of bodies on it. You don't wanna be on them. Most of the surface streets in the city are barely traversable. Barricades, and abandoned vehicles.
>We're better off up here. Hopefully that lasts for awhile.
>Me and the guys are gonna go into one of the more deserted hoods in the North Valley tonight, see if we can find anything useful. Food's getting a little low, so is ammo.
>It'll be the closest weve gone to the city yet, so wish us luck
>>
>>34259122
I'm sorry. Maryland and Arizona are the only state flags that even hold a candle to Ohio's...maybe California if they were less gay. Also I'm sorry but it your flag a weird polygonal shape? No? Oh its one of those pleb rectangle ones.
>>
File: aug1.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
aug1.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
>>34251505
keep going
>>
>>34258896
ooo, continue
>>
>Southwestern Oklahoma
Can Texas annex us please? We have Fort Sill so lots of field artillery that could prove useful, and Altus Air Force Base, with a shit ton of C-17s. Bonus points if you wipe Lawton off the face of the earth.
>>
>>34250360
Let's not forget that if thennuclear power plants are not properly shut down, meltdowns will spew radioactive ash onto huge swaths of territory.
>>
File: image.png (506KB, 800x1077px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
506KB, 800x1077px
>>
>>34264293
Literally all of Texas fetishizes anschlussing colorado and oklahoma
It will happen my son
>>
Skinwalker hunter from Arkansas here, larger groups of the damned things are appearing and are migrating out of the ouachita forest and heading westward into Oklahoma and Texas. Be wary of anyone who acts suspicious and doesn't know the common speak of the area, wearing piercings is a surefire way to distinguish yourself from these devils. Stay safe ,Ashlanders.
>>
>>34260428
>North America and Mexico
You know Mexico is part of North America, right?
>>
>>34261104
>implying humans aren't incredible survivors
>implying we haven't survived massive extinction level events before.
>implying we aren't the single most adaptable species in earths histoey
please kill yourself. We don't need this retardation in the gene pool.
>>
>>34251913
What the flying fuck is that thing?
>>
>>34256667
I was disappointed too friend.
>>
File: TIE pilot.jpg (160KB, 600x799px) Image search: [Google]
TIE pilot.jpg
160KB, 600x799px
>>34250360
I'm livin' on the edge baby.
>>
>>34250528
>Florida unaffected except maybe a day or two of light ash rain during the first days that's quickly washed away in the next rain storm
>Spread westward to form the Gulf Republic, taking all the ports
>Quickly seize control of all the oil production in the gulf while Texas is busy keeping its eyes on its north and south boarders
>Become major trade power, selling oil to the north and trading citrus and fish to Texas
>Turn New Orleans into the "Entrance to the Ashlands" port for foreign tourists
>Still have regular "Florida Man" issues that rival anything happening in the ashlands in their craziness and audacity.
>>
>>34258896

From the picture you posted and the way you described it being able to drag a man off in the dead of the night, you might be dealing with a skinwalker... If the man who was dragged off ever comes back and seems unharmed and/or acts almost like a different person, it would be in your best interest to shoot them right there and run unless you believe you have what it takes to down the beast.

These skinwalkers are about as strong as a bear yet more nimble, they can walk on their hind legs but prefer to stalk potential prey on all fours. The direct arrival of a skinwalker can be characterized by the sudden heavy scent of what you could only guess to be a rotting carcass and copper. They like to hole up in caves, and white ash seems to scare em.
They like to get ahold of people and pretend to be them like I alluded to in the first paragraph. The only things skinwalkers can't replicate are piercings or tattoos, we've found quite a few of them out by this method. I hope that you are able to resolve your problems with this beast and kill it, and I bid you to stay safe and always watch your back while traveling innawoods.
>>
so is there any foreigners that tried to lend aid to the US?

>muh nato
>>
>Georgia basically pristine
>Blue Ridge and Appalachian mountains block a large portion of storms, some sneaks in from Alabama if it doesn't go to the open Gulf
>Relatively secure, Fort Stewart, Benning and numerous airfields
>Port of Savannah provides shitload of supplies
>Piedmont region provides plentiful bounties of vegetables and livestock
>We can get fruits from Florida with the income from the port
>Carolina Confederacy ensures we are covered if attacked

"i don't get what's so hard about this volcanic fallout stuff, silly midwesterners"
>>
>>34265241
You sure that ain't a Wendigo? I'm a Confederate, so I don't get to see a lot of these sorts of creatures except at the traveling zoo, but our libraries are still intact. Never read of a skinwalker with antlers before, but wendigos are said to.
>>
File: bd222c0aacb12c5a06a920f87c7ccda7.jpg (356KB, 3213x1979px) Image search: [Google]
bd222c0aacb12c5a06a920f87c7ccda7.jpg
356KB, 3213x1979px
>Be me
>miner
>be at mine when shit hit the fan
>there was enough food to keep us happy for around a week
>draw straws to see who goes outside first
>draw shortest straw
FUCK.jpg
>me and 3 others load a 4x4 with misc shit
>wearing a full face respirator my regular clothing covered by a painting coverall thing that is used when we spray down the walls and a carhartt cover all
>head to near by lumber town
>ash everywhere
>search through town
>find tons of guns and nonperishable food
>little clean water
>sky is black
>tracks are covered in ash
>still find my our way back
>over the course of a month or so more scouting partys are sent out
>find the usual
>ash is starting to really build up
>water becoming hard to get
>some guys are talking about building a purifier
>others are talking about fixing up some of the caterpillar trucks and heading south for supplies
>eventually do both
>scouting party are having better luck each week
>have yet to find others
>guys decide that we need to head farther south
>put me in charge
>3 caterpillars and 4 4x4
>with a months worth of supplies we head south
>caterpillars don't go very fast especially in the ash
>travel on roads is hard but the only option
>have to get out and clear shit for the engines or the road every 20 minutes
>its been three days
>find small town full of people
>there shooting at us
>shoot back
>take everything burn corpses and buildings
>find other towns
>same shit happens
>around the 6th town we find dont even hesitate just start shooting
>take women children and eldery
>realize that skin our skin is a dark grey
>our hair is thick almost dreads
>in comparison to our kidnappies we look like monsters
>caterpillars are now stocked with supplies
>head home
>some of the people we take die mostly the old
>the rest are very sick
>they call it AshLung
>appears we are immune
>make it home
>men have there way with the women
>years go by develop culture and religion
>legends of beast men from the north spread
>>
>>34265572
They just might be one and the same. Here in Arkansas when they first started appearing a person called them "skinwalkers" and the name just sorta stuck. I remember reading that the actual native skinwalkers were nothing like what we're seeing, but it's too late to change up their name now I suppose.
>>
>>34265842
One day I hope to cross the Appalachians and hunt some of these fascinating creatures. Nothing interesting going on this side of the mountains except for our push to take over Maryland and West Virginia.
>>
>>34265903
If you're to come down here I implore you get some kinda tattoo or easily viewable piercings so the locals don't mistake you for one of them. I recommend a large caliber rifle (with bullets tipped in white ash if you are superstitious) to take these things down. Your best bet is to find a guide because many people have come down here to attempt to hunt the walkers by themselves and that many more have went missing. The meat is good and the hide'll fetch a fair barter outside of Arkansas due to its tough yet malleable properties.
>>
I was born farming mushrooms, I've had ash and dirt caked under my nails since before I could talk. For a time I was satisfied, picking, drying, cutting, day in and day out. But as I grew older I wanted more out of life. As many young men do, I craved adventure, excitement, and danger. I jumped at the opportunity to join the Mojave Union's Army. Basic wasn't as bad as I expected, just some PT, marksmanship, and the proper use of our protective gear, among other things. After that I volunteered for an expedition into the deeper regions of the grey, which pit me and a team of five against the hostile, uncharted land. When we set out morale was high, we laughed and joked with each other as our truck rolled deeper into the zone. We stopped and ate dinner, some nearly expired MREs, and turned in for the night. We awoke to screaming wind and the sound of small rocks hitting the truck. An ash storm must have hit us while we slept. After the storm died down we replaced the truck's filter and kept going. It wasn't long before we arrived at out last stop before the deep zone. We refueled and stocked up on food, water, and medicine at a small outpost called Elko, guarded by bored-looking soldiers. We went deeper, and I fell asleep again during the drive. I was jarred awake by an incredibly loud noise. It was a deep, bassy tone that shook the chasis of the heavy truck. We looked outside to see if we could find the source of the noise, but our attempt was in vain. We kept going, all of us arguing about what could have made the noise. After about an hour, the truck stopped, and the wind started getting louder. I put on my mask and got out of the truck to check on the driver, but he was nowhere to be found. The only evidence I could find of him leaving were his bootprints, which led to an odd-looking patch of ground. I picked up a nearby stone and threw it at the sunken ash. An insect-like creature burst up from the ground and lunged at me.
Cont?
>>
>>34265953
cont
>>
>>34265953
cont
>>
Is there a place I can find the established lore on this? I want in
>>
>>34265953
I raised my M14 and fired three rounds at the creature. One missed, but two bullets found their mark, tearing through the bug's head and midsection. It lay dead on the path, but there was still no driver. The wind picked up even more, the ash reduced visibility significantly, causing me to almost miss the truck being hit with a massive rock and thrown onto its side. The ash was smoldering now, and the few patches of my skin that was exposed began to burn. I could barely see anyone now, except for a nearby man coughing and choking on the burning ashes. I took out my compass and began to run the direction I came from. After about ten minutes I heard the sound again, only much closer and much louder. I feared that my eardrums might burst. I looked up and saw a figure that stood twenty feet tall, with long, skinny arms ending with powerful clawed hands. It made the sound again, and all I could do was look up at it in awe. It only occurred to me to run when it reached for me. I sprinted southwest, and it miraculously didn't give chase. After two exhausting, miserable days I had made it to Elko, and the sentries called in about my condition. I'm awaiting questioning now, but I wonder if they'll even believe me.
>>
File: Ashen Raider.jpg (114KB, 450x299px) Image search: [Google]
Ashen Raider.jpg
114KB, 450x299px
>be me
>mushroom farmer
>live with aunt and uncle
>mother died during child birth
>father died in the war
>hope to join the NCR and fight the rebels
>caravan comes through town
>about to buy a slave when another one says that he looks like hes about to explode
>first slave freaks out
>decide to buy the slave that warned me
>he ask me to buy his friend
>take them home to clean em
>find out the second slave belonged to a different uncle
>slave 2 runs away during the night
>in the morning take slave 1 to look for slave 2
>find him
>get attacked by ash people
>other uncle shows up
>and scares the ash people away
he tells me "ash people scare easily but they'll be back... and in greater numbers"
>>
>>34264636
Truly the holy trinity
>>
>>34266181
>>
>>34250444
You near mankato? If so East or West?
>>
>>34251647
Dude there could be mormons there.
>>
Is there lore, please help
>>
>>34266350
we are creating the lore as we go along
>>
>>34264130
There is actually a quantitative study of flags: vexillology. Let's see what the experts say
>it says you're 15th.

http://vexillology.wikia.com/wiki/2001_NAVA_survey
>>
No Oregonians thus far that I've noticed.

Central Oregon reporting in.

The thing is, people see Oregon for being a libtard state, but there's two archetypes of people they miss out on.

The /k/ommandos, with vital spirit, raw energy, and STALKER inspired survival skills. They can learn. They'd make it.

And then there's the mountain men. The ones that were born in the deep wilds, raised in the deep wilds, built their own houses in a month, can survive winter with just a knife, and are probably half-Sasquatch.

A large part of Oregon would definitely survive, even those hit hard on the eastern side. We're still here.

Suffering, but not as bad as others have it. But suffering nonetheless. I reckon some of the weird animals up here from the Klamath, Siletz, etc. tribes have been uh, pretty changed.

Anyone else from the area up here?
>>
File: IMG_0061.jpg (714KB, 2338x2395px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0061.jpg
714KB, 2338x2395px
Notes on a mushroom growing in the ash of the deep zone. (Sorry for shitty writing, damn pen keeps sticking)
>>
>>34266418
3/10, no ash smudges on the paper.
>>
>>34266429
I tried preparing the paper with a mix of ash and dirt, but it didn't stick to the paper.
>>
>>34266480
Thank you for your service. I now feel bad and change my rating to 8/10
>>
>>34266373
So if I want to write about my little neo-feudal fiefdom, can I?
>>
>>34250528
>Central Idaho
At least it would get rid of the rest of the cousinfuckers here.
>>
So can just anyone make a faction?
>>
>>34266647
Yes. I suggest making a faction page on the wiki, that way you are legitimatized.
>>
>>34266662
Can I get the link?
>>
Anyone know what the deal is with Massachusetts? Are they part of the Northeasten Coalition as the map says, or in a state of anarchy as the wiki says?
>>
>>34266674
http://ashlands.wikia.com/wiki/Ashlands:_A_/k/_Role-Playing_Game_Wikia
>>
File: 1490176099412.png (498KB, 444x583px) Image search: [Google]
1490176099412.png
498KB, 444x583px
>>34250528
>Edge of Mojave Union Cali-fag here

Because of the soot, and rain, its finally getting greener, the humidity is annoying, and the crack heads are getting antsy, but other than that, my garden its doing fucking amazingly.

The wild/loose dogs are thriving, I saw a pack of Pits chasing down a kid, not my problem though, just can't go on hikes; with the moisture, greenery, and what not its finally stopped being windy as fuck, and cold.
>>
>>34250360
The only reason I'm glad to live in the southeast. I'm about as far as i can get without being in fuckin' florida
>>
>>34251505
>TFW Mormon

I like this
>>
I wonder what actual hold the Alaskan Highlanders have in Oregon and Washington.

It's their military force from up north, and their outposts are near the coast, anyways. Most of their people probably don't stray too close to Central or Eastern Oregon and Washington.
>>
Well I broke the wiki (not really). No clue how to use these newfangled things, I'm too old for this shit. Somebody delete that shit for me, please.
>>
File: Burning.jpg (309KB, 876x1016px) Image search: [Google]
Burning.jpg
309KB, 876x1016px
https://art.vniz.net/en/beksinski/15index.html

Bensinski's art is perfect for this thread
>>
>>34251731
China gets mad because it never gets it's loans back. Maybe they begin to try and liquidate intact assets but end up mired in crazy raiders because they didn't expect everyone to IMMEDIATELY go mad max?
>>
File: Florida_Flag_Proposal.png (15KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
Florida_Flag_Proposal.png
15KB, 360x240px
>>34266772
You'll join us eventually. We are the people of the Sun. Come into our warm grasp. The ash? The hurricanes will handle that as they always do.
>>
>>34266851
>Florida gets choked in ash
>A hurricane comes through, picks it all up and dumps it on Texas
>Texas getting reamed by ash from two directions
>>
>>34251505
Joshua Graham approves
>>
File: 1494625784748m.jpg (47KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
1494625784748m.jpg
47KB, 1024x682px
>>34250360
Mfw Colorado
>>
File: Parked.jpg (318KB, 1239x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Parked.jpg
318KB, 1239x1300px
>Unna-ground Mormon here

They say hell is deep beneath the earth, but this place is more like heaven, manlets reign free here, the Shrooms are pretty tasty, and because everyone is Mormon, we're all polite, and helpful; feels good, man.
>>
If this thread is for writefaggotry, I shall hopefully not disappoint.

Oregon, once such a lovely, beautiful place. Trees and shit like that everywhere. Wild animals, bears, wolves, coyotes, cougars here and there. Incredible.

Yeah, that's not shit all anymore. Not since we got fucked. Planted right next to the damn deep zone, the next wave of ash over rightly slammed us up our asses.

Everything sort of went to hell after that. Sort of...nah, it did. Big cities like Portland, Seattle, Salem, and so on, the ones with the big conglomerations of people, they became a slaughterhouse.

Most people that were there were too concerned with politics and rights to do much else than panic. The smaller towns like Bend, Eugene, Sandy, Redmond, and the like from the two states fared better.

Forests are mostly dying out now. Strange things took them over; they feed on the shit, on the ash.

God forbid you lived on the eastern side, in or near the deep zone. They came so fast, you wouldn't be able to react. They're not skinwalkers or sasquatch anymore, we just call them skinners and ash-apes.

See, there's no more woods or anything for them to hide in. Not much resistance.

Highlanders only hold up on the west, anyways, from what I've seen. Trade routes and all.

The wastelanders like me that go it alone do just that. There's a bunch of us, if you know how to look. Mountain men and the like still around, too, but they're a whole new breed.

Living so deep in the ash wildernesses, it took us a lot of effort to pull together, but now that we have, the wild is still our home. Our guns are dirty, but we do our best. Ammo runs against the trade routes, and for food sometimes.

We're a different breed of people. We help each other out sometimes. That is, if we look like people. Some of the mountain men and deeper survivors are unrecognizable now. Nothing more than beasts.

Such is life in the Oregon Ashlands.
>>
File: brit-308-prototype-3.jpg (50KB, 1100x502px) Image search: [Google]
brit-308-prototype-3.jpg
50KB, 1100x502px
>>34260142
Alright here we go

Strictly speaking, the Northeastern Coalition should be called the New England Coalition, as it does not comprise the entirety of the former Northeast. But, I've changed the name enough as is, so I'll stick with the current name for now. Although New England Coalition does have a nice ring to it.

In any case, while the Northeast wasn't directly affected by the ash, the climatic effects of the ash turned the already temperate region cold. More pressingly, the region was swarmed by refugees from the west looking for shelter anywhere that wasn't covered in ash. This lead to a situation where there was not enough food nor shelter for the millions of people pouring into the region, especially after the dramatic climate change had ruined much of the region's agricultural output. As a result millions would die to starvation, exposure, and other, desperate survivors during the first few years post-rupture, especially in the large cities of the region.

While there was some remaining government institutions they were barely enough to keep the region falling into more or less total anarchy, especially in the southern states of New England which had absorbed the brunt of the refugees. What little order remained was primarily enforced by surviving military and law enforcement personnel in what amounted to a state of martial law. Nearly a half-decade after the Rupture, the shattered remains of the state governments and surviving military leaders would meet in Portsmouth, New Hampshire and attempt to find a way to restore order their little region. Thankfully there was still a sense of regional identity, and so a coalition of states would be created, a first step in restoring the United States. Finally, a "national" flag would be decided upon, the constitution of the former United States would be adopted wholesale, and Portsmouth became the seat of the new government.

Cont. in the next post
>>
How do I add a faction in the wiki on mobile? I haven't used mobile in a long time.
>>
File: Uru.jpg (199KB, 782x550px) Image search: [Google]
Uru.jpg
199KB, 782x550px
>>34267245
>That 308

Have an Uru to complete the amazingness
>>
File: 270px-VEIfigure_en.svg.png (29KB, 270x327px) Image search: [Google]
270px-VEIfigure_en.svg.png
29KB, 270x327px
>>34264857
Hell, this wouldn't be the first time this exact thing happened. In 70,000 BC Super volcano Toba erupted blowing 2,800 km^3 of ash out. Took us down to only 10,000 people, and that's the HIGH estimate. It scored an 8 on the Volcanic Explosivity Index.
If we can survive that, we can survive god damn anything bar Clathrate's Gun or an alien invasion.
>>
>>34264886
its a baby beetle, relax.
>>
>>34267245
Thanks, looking forward to the next post
>>
>>34267245
Over the next few years the New England government would stabilize the region, occasionally by military force. The strong regional identity, or at least loyalty to the idea of a restored government would serve to unify the often disparate peoples of the region.

So as it stands now, while the situation has stabilised, it's far from the life experienced before the Rupture. In addition, much of the forested land of the region has been removed to expand farmland in order to feed the population of the region. While the Coalition is now quite possibly the agricultural powerhouse of post-apocalyptic North America, it only produces enough to keep its native population fed, with very little outgoing trade with other regions. While this may change in the future, the first priority of the region is avoiding the hellish conditions much of New England found itself in almost immediately after the ash began falling. As such, the farmland of the region is of incredible strategic importance to the Coalition government.

While New England was lucky enough to avoid the ash and everything that followed, life was not without struggle. While the region has been stabilized from within, bandits from former Canada and the states to the South and West often conduct raids into the fringes of the region for resources they cannot produce. Coastal piracy is also an issue, for similar reasons.

As a result, the Northeastern Coalition has a relatively unique military structure. While the standing army consists only of a single battalion of reconnaissance troops, every able-bodied man and woman between 18 and 45 is considered a member of the militia, and are expected to be capable of soldiering if called upon to serve. While inefficient for a standing army, it allows the Coalition to quickly draw up a sizable number of decently-equipped and trained soldiers at a moment's notice to defend from incursions into the region.

Cont. in the next post
>>
File: 1463173701775.jpg (19KB, 661x371px) Image search: [Google]
1463173701775.jpg
19KB, 661x371px
Now, the previously-mentioned reconnaissance battalion is the First Reconnaissance Regiment, and is tasked with exploring the ash-covered remains of North America, as well as assessing the conditions of such important locations as Washington DC and NORAD. While they are generally unprepared for the horrors of the Ashlands, the Rangers of the regiment make up for it in espirit de corps and decent post-war equipment.

In the post-collapse period New England has seen a resurgence of industry, with factories such as Springfield re-opening in order to supply the needs of the Recon Regiment and the militias. While the products produced are not necessarily as good as those produced before shit hit the fan, they're certainly a step up from the garage guns many in the militia once found themselves equipped with.

That's all for now, folks.

Any questions?

>>34266715
Mass is a member state.

While there was certainly anarchy and a bit of latter rebellion, the situation has more or less stabilized.

>>34267279
Thanks dude

>>34267388
Here you go!
>>
File: disassembled Uru.jpg (230KB, 829x577px) Image search: [Google]
disassembled Uru.jpg
230KB, 829x577px
>>34267495
The Uru is a perfect gun for the appokolipz
>>
I've got lore cooking up for the Deep South, while I cannot demand people not to claim parts of the South I ask of you not to. I promise I will have a logical story this weekend.
>>
File: 1496939926506.jpg (108KB, 925x1004px) Image search: [Google]
1496939926506.jpg
108KB, 925x1004px
>>34265512
i fucking love georgia
>>
>>34250606
This is actually pretty cool
>>
>>34250528
Miseryfag here, why'd we get left out of the fun? We're far away enough from the blast to just get a light dusting, plus we got a shit load of caves we could hide out in if need be.

Oh we're just gonna descend into factional neighbor on neighbor warfare again aren't we? This is the Civil war all over...
>>
>>34267647
This map is a year old, feel free to contribute.
>>
>>34251744
440 reporting in
>>
File: 1446943734938.jpg (182KB, 1280x486px) Image search: [Google]
1446943734938.jpg
182KB, 1280x486px
>>34267515
That's simple as fuck.

I love it.

---

Another interesting part of the economy is the water merchants of New England. While food is a relatively controlled resource in the region, water isn't, and so many enterprising types head out west in order to make a profit by selling water and water filtration devices.

However, given the scarcity of clean water, these caravaneers typically hire men from New England and the surrounding regions to protect their precious cargo from bandits and the desperate.
>>
Chicagofag here.

Anyone in the Great Lakes region want to amass an armada To rape, pillage, and plunder during the summertime then retire in a cozy fortress UP in the winter?
>>
>>34266999
((my digits))

Come to think of it, haven't heard of any of the Alaskans recently. Not for a long time. Supply runs are harder to hit; the few of us that show our faces now and again are subsisting on what little grown food there is and the strange ashbeasts.

Could be that they've gone. Maybe they're all dead now, or getting there. Either way, things are getting worse and worse. The mountain men villages are usually small havens to trade and craft.

Not anymore. Things've been ransacking them. Whatever the hell this ash is, it's been here so long that nothing's normal anymore. It's had a profound effect on the wildlife.

Were they even wildlife beforehand? I dunno. But the defined ones that are; the deer, coyotes, squirrels, rabbits...they're doing okay enough. Subsisting, just like we are. It's not much.

It's getting cold now as the evening wears on. Still haven't heard any news of the Highlanders. News travel slow, so I don't know for certain, but they haven't made a showing for some time that I've personally seen. Like I said, different trading runs are getting more and more scarce.

I'm getting damn near to thinking that Oregon's just deserted except for the wastelanders and mountain men. Washington might be the same by now. I wish I had the gear or the strength to go up that way, but it's all I can do here to eke out my existence and not waste energy.

Might be about time for the wild folk to band up again. At least enough to get some shelter and not keep getting picked off by those fucking skinners and whatever the hell else keeps plowing into our asses from the deep zone.
>>
File: horse.png (2MB, 936x1266px) Image search: [Google]
horse.png
2MB, 936x1266px
>>34267692
What's the situation with vehicles, are they running out of gas? Do they use horses at all?
>>
>>34267840
Not the Anon you're replying to

Horses wouldn't work well, the soot, lack of edible foilage for them, would be bad, plus there is no water to just drink like how they do.
>>
>>34267881
Clearly unfamiliar with Skinnners. Horses can take a lot of abuse, horses used to live and work in underground mines.
>>
>>34267949
Mini horses are not the same as regular horses, a regular one would have a hard time, but a mini one would be quite viable, still need to have water on the spot for it though.
>>
>>34267881
I suppose they wouldn't be useful in the ash covered lands, but I think they would be rather useful in the eastern areas spared by the ash
>>
File: 1454803407853.jpg (1MB, 2440x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1454803407853.jpg
1MB, 2440x1800px
>>34267840
Given the relative lack of native oil production in the region, oil is scarce in the Northeastern Coalition, and is probably reserved for important industries, agriculture, and occasional military use. Although, New England does have some natural gas production and a handful of nuclear plants, so it's not entirely out of luck as far as energy production goes.

I could easily see the NC moving into New York to secure the shale oil production in the state once they have the means to conduct offensive warfare. But until that happens the region is fairly short on gasoline, and thus mechanisation. However, converting existing vehicles to either natural or wood gas is a possibility, as the region has enough of either resource. Turbine-powered vehicles such as the M1 Abrams may also still be kept in service, as their engines can burn a wider variety of fuels, albeit less efficiently. However, mechanisation is also plagued by issues such a the lack of spare parts, so prewar vehicles are typically kept in service by cannibalization and jury-rigging. As a result, the militias of New England typically march wherever they need to be unless there's a pressing need to get somewhere quickly or armored protection. Gas-powered vehicles are typically reserved for expeditions into the Ashlands.

Anyways, to answer your question properly, horses are definitely a thing. While they're not quite as easy to repair or keep running as vehicles, they're far better than nothing. The ability of horses to be turned into useful products such as meat, glue and fertiliser after expiring also fairly useful. They also see use on the farms of the Northeast, supplementing tractors, as well as the New England Post Office. The militia also uses horses for rapid response to threats, as they're far faster than walking, and most regional militias maintain some cavalry troops in order to chase off poorly equipped and poorly motivated bandits.

So tl;dr, the Northeastern Coalition uses horses.
>>
>>34267881
>>34268093
The Northeast wasn't covered in ash, so they're fairly viable as long as you protect them from the environment.
>>
>>34268182
What about algae oil? I'd imagine that because the soot's nutrients there would be alot of it in anywhere sunny with water, more than just normal
>>
>>34268212
That's a good idea as well, although New England is lacking for ash.

I'm sure the wastelanders would be willing to trade it away, though.
>>
>>34250773
Everyone would be so unimaginably fucked. It's unthinkable the damage that would cost when Yellowstone already destroyed literally everything.
>>
>>34268219
It would be great for hydroponics, as long as there is a artificial light, imagine all the bunker algae-cakes, mmmhhh
>>
>>34268182
Thanks for the reply. Another question, what's the government like, particularly how centralized is authority in the Coalition?
>>
>>34252340
Honestly not a bad idea
>>
>>34252340
>Tfw "fuck soil"
>>
>>34268236
It probably beats expired rations, if only just.

>>34268320
Alright, so the government of the Coalition is pretty straightforward.

It's a federal system in everything name, with the states operating somewhat independently under the Coalition government. It's more or less a return to Federalism in it's original form, with the state and Federal governments having an equal share of power, and the state governments receiving any rights not explicitly delegated to the federal government.

As far as the political process goes, I'm not sure if the big two political parties survived the Rupture, at least not in the sense they existed before the collapse. The NC may have a larger numbers of smaller parties or something to that effect. Or it might not have any at all, given that Washington was against the whole idea, and the government of the NC is fairly originalist in it's interpretation of the Founder's wishes. In any case, the process of elections are pretty much the same, albeit with presidential elections being a much shorter, more straightforward affair.

The system might not be the most efficient thing ever, but it works. Pardon the less-detailed answer by the way, while I like the idea of the constitution being carried over by a government that believes itself as a proper successor state, it doesn't allow too many new options.

Any suggestions are welcome, I'm hardly a political expert.
>>
>>34250773
>Mt. Rainier

Please God. I can see Seattle across the water when I drive to work, I want to see clouds of fire and ash engulf that shit hole.
>>
File: 1447813338793.jpg (1MB, 962x1196px) Image search: [Google]
1447813338793.jpg
1MB, 962x1196px
New Englandfag here, would anyone be interested in an outside perspective of the Ashlands?

I'm considering doing a little bit of writing about either the First Reconnaissance Regiment or possibly a militia cavalryman. I'm probably going to do the former, but I'm interested in seeing what the rest of the thread wants to see.
>>
File: 1482895022408.jpg (72KB, 470x512px) Image search: [Google]
1482895022408.jpg
72KB, 470x512px
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=11maA_4FMC8g5ArR6CtDAesAl94I&hl=en_US&ll=35.40792890217404%2C-87.15609130859377&z=4

>TFW Barstow-fag, at the least, I won't have to deal with the meth heads.

Hopefully /k/ is right about the Mormons, they they could help a brother out.
>>
File: IMG_3035.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3035.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Opinions?
Pls forgive shitty drawing skills
>>
>>34268948
Fuck my ass i hate phone posting
>>
>>34268948
>Carolina Confederacy

Now there's a name I haven't heard in awhile
>>
>>34268964
i like the concept of it
>>
>>34268948
Rebel Hell boys, we're rising again!

I'd probably be serving alongside you in the 1st North Carolina Cavalry. We'll keep them Texas fags out of your state, you can count on that.
>>
>>34268964
is there any flag already for the confederacy?
>>
>>34269473
None that I know of
>>
>>34269479
time to make one
>>
File: 1460720653008.jpg (31KB, 473x315px) Image search: [Google]
1460720653008.jpg
31KB, 473x315px
>be inna Wisconsin
>Chicago, Madison and Milwaukee become crime centers
>smart people go up north
>getting fucked six ways from sunday from gangs
>Fuck it, when in Rome
>get a bunch of boats, literally anything with a motor
>get men , guns and start mounting heavy weapons on our boats
>work our way up
>become great lake pirates
>control trade across lake Michigan , eventually Superior and Huron
>rich as fuck
>city gangs eventually fuck off due to lack f resources
coast of Michigan and Wisconsin, bits of Ontario are all under our control
>life is good
>yo ho i'll blast a hole in ya with me repeatin' flintlock
>>
File: IMG_3037.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3037.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>34269499
Carolina Confederacy Flag
No colored pencils atm
>>
File: IMG_3038.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3038.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>34269692
Confederate Rifle
>>
>>34250360
Northern utah checking in.

Goodbye m80's.
>>
Has much been written on the Gulf Cost areas yet?
>>
File: 1468800127232.jpg (648KB, 1354x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1468800127232.jpg
648KB, 1354x2000px
>>34250528
>no NCR
>>
>>34269874
There might have been a Gulf Coast Confederacy at some point but I honestly can't remember

Does anyone have the archives from the old threads saved?
>>
>>34250586
>>34250606
don't let Bethesda see this
>>
>>34269919
>implying you can't be Desert Rangers pre-NCR unification
>>
>>34269941
Well, if nothing concrete has been written by anyone yet, I'll gladly volunteer to write some stuff, being a Coastfag myself. What would capitol of such a union be, New Orleans maybe?
>>
>>34250360
>>
>>34269980
That's up to you man

>>34269970
Wouldn't they be Ashland Rangers?
>>
>>34269631
I'm in as long as we can retake Waukegan
Meet me there
You guys shell them from the water, and a few guys and I will sneak up on them from behind
>>
>>34250586
who the fuck can hear at 150Hz
>>
File: OHAIYO~.png (120KB, 448x454px) Image search: [Google]
OHAIYO~.png
120KB, 448x454px
>>34251744
>just moved to North Olmsted for a new job back in November
>got to actually experience seasons again (Floridian for 20 years, too young to remember my home state of Mass before that)
>gun laws are pretty flexible
>gonna buy a nice Ruger 10/22 after I get my loans refinanced and practice shooting since I know no one else besides work buddies

This state's all right. The flag is bitchin' too.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (177KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
177KB, 1280x720px
It would probably be a lot like this
>>
If nobody comes to support/reclaim Alaskan Highlander territory/etc, would it be out of the water to renovate that idea with my own?
>>
I feel like we should just start over or something, things are too disorganized
>>
File: Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png (31KB, 1280x674px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
31KB, 1280x674px
Reminder that this weekend I'll have posted the info of the South, I'm thinking of calling it the Dixie States of America. Anyone else want to contribute ideas, hit me up on discord: wsb527#2627.
>>
>>34270241
I'm gonna go ahead and accept the lack of protests as a yes. I'll leave Alaskan outposts where they are, out of respect, but I'd like to alter those two states for more current times over the weekend/tomorrow.

Oregon and Washington, report to the mountain men villages in the Central regions!
>>
File: 1496606339224.jpg (62KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496606339224.jpg
62KB, 600x600px
>>34270532
>Dixie States of America
how original
>>
>>34269692
use crayons
>>
>>34270016
They're called Arizona rangers since Arizona was originally the only part of the Mojave Union and then SoCal and a bit of new Mexico joined in, used to cover all the way to Flagstaff but I'm bad at writefaggotry so it just dwindled away into being the southern parts of those 3 states
>>
>>34270532
The confederacy will quell this insurrection
>>
So, I'm gonna use the map posted in >>34250528 to come up with an origin for the Gulf Republic.

Basically, since Florida is the least fucked state on the Gulf Coast, it baaically becomes the de facto capitol by virtue of not being decimated by the eruption. Additionally, due to proximity and the historical cooperation between the states involved, the Republic is on friendly terms with the Carolina Confederacy.

The main reason the Republic even exists is obviously because each of the states shares Gulf Coast (in case it wasn't obvious enough from the name alone). This allows them to be fairly self sufficient in regards to food supply, and also results in a heavy push from the government on keeping the Gulf as clean as possible.
>>
>>34270639
I meant to ask in this post, but what do you guys think?
>>
I had imagined it had reclaimed itself fairly well. It has mountains in the north and to the east are dense woodland. Any storms would be absorbed or blocked. Ash would get through, but for a few months the Fort Stewart, the biggest base east of the Mississippi, kept it's own. The 33,000 soldiers and contractors inside could keep up with the civilians, since it's mostly rural. The port of Savannah provides huge income and supplies. I heard if people saying Florida got business started down there, so I'm relying on them for the availability of fruits. The Piedmont region of Georgia remained pristine, from dedicated farmers and supplies of the port, it could keep up with demand. Through time the state came back as a constitutional republic. Voluntary military employment provided jobs and income for the weak and sick migrants from out west. The anomalies were kept away easily, as the ash zones we're far off. The Dixie States of America, as they call themselves, now expanded south, in a conquest war against the merchant state of Florida. The overwhelmed state fell with ease, and a portion of the gulf and oil supplies were captured. Alabama was taken, with the combined forces of Georgia and captured Floridians, the chaotic streets were modernized as authority steamrolled over them. In the north, the Carolinas agreed to fall under the Dixie States, and Virginia and West Virginia were nearly taken before the NE Coalition began to expedite the lands and confront the Dixies. Tennessee fell after a campaign to take it with the manpower of nearly 400,000 active duty soldiers, and 200,000 reserve in total over the five states. Cont?
>>
>>34250360
>mfw Oklahoma
>It won't have its shit together and will be the wastes Texans tell their young not to venture into without proper preparations, if at all
>here be mutants, deathclaws, and people who reverted to Primitivism
>lots of guns laying around
>The Green Corn Republic tries to establish in the Southeastern remains of the state, taking its name from the Green Corn Rebellion of old
>sets up a semi-stable relationship with some of Texas, trading Brahmin meat for guns to defend against the raiders, mutants, and neo-cavemen
>get into escorting refugees from the north and the west into Green Corn Republic territory
>don't go to Texas, I tell them, they will shoot you on sight, I try to warn them
>Texas doesn't want ashy refugees with PTSD from the wasteland and weird diseases
>families don't listen when I tell them stop here or keep going East, do not venture into Texas
>light up a cigarette as I see them fail to heed my warning and try crossing the border
>tell them this is as far as I go
>take a long drag as I see their heads explode like melons after loud bangs
>>
>>34260207
M8 nz isn't England nor are we part of europe
>>
>>34264886
I wouldn't worry about it
>>
Oregon guy here again. Sorry to be so wishy-washy, but I got bored and couldn't sleep, so I'm starting now.

Editing the wikia later. Here we go!

It didn't take long for them to realize. In fact, it moved faster than we expected. Ever since the eruption, we'd learned to be quick. With less industry and resources than some other states, and most of us blocked between the Alaskan Highlander outposts and the deep zone, we learned -real- damn fast when you move and when you don't. We pulled together.

It's a pretty neutral group of folks here. Like I said, you help out when needed, you shoot the enemy when they're not up for cooperation. The mountain men villages where they still trade, kept small, weak cattle in the densest, safest cover, et cetera...basically, where some semblance of civilization, however regressed, existed- we met there.

Some of the more prominent wastelanders and mountain men spoke up. The ones that had sway; they knew routes, kept other people safe when necessary, made sure there was peace in the villages. We all had an idea.

We'd mostly been living like loner animals the past time or so; since things went to shit. However, we faced three major problems:

Resources were failing. We had to find something or else we'd collapse into slaughtering each other. Some contact, some new incomes, something. Otherwise, trade would stifle among us, and like I said, we'd all shoot the shit out of each other. That would attract our second problem.

Whatever the hell they are, wendigos, skinners, sasquatch, ash-apes, WHATEVER. The damn things come out in force now. Gangly, sick lookin' monsters. A Native's worst nightmare, and a cryptid hunter's dream. It's a fuckin' living hell. You can eat them, though. Takes a few people to drag them down, but usually we manage it without too much death.

cont.
>>
>>34270997
Keep it coming
>>
>>34270997
And so, that comes to our third issue. No fuckin' contact with the states. We had no damn idea what was going on, and the Alaskans weren't really around for much of that.

So we united. The main villages, our forms of 'capitals', if you will, of Oregon-Bend- and that of Washington-Yakima- communicated via runners for a few weeks. We rallied everyone that was interested, and we built ourselves a loose government.

Then we moved west. Our strongest and most capable were sent by an oligarchy of sorts; really, just the strongest and most capable survivors were who we thought knew best.

We hit I-5 and moved north and south. Cleared resistance when we found it, absorbed lone survivors when they were willing. Newport and Seattle turned out to be our biggest claims; finally, we had access to a port. The ships were worn, and most of them didn't work. But most of us knew how to fish and how to work a boat decently. Boiling the water would get rid of the impurities as best as anyone could, at this point.

Bigger cities meant more gasoline, too. It was rough to find, having been mostly scavenged, but we got some trucks working. Finally, things were pulling together. It was a long time before we got ourselves too established, but we finally had some form of existence to call our own.

There were insurrections and difficulties, yeah, but we were a damn sight better off in a group. Almost stupid to think how adverse to it we were before. Our little cliques meant something now that we were one 'big' force.

Raiding the resisting wretches and bandits gave us more tools, weapons, and even some more information. Word was eking out over the weeks and months of other governments and coalitions forming.

Hell, we all knew we couldn't -control- the two states. Not yet. Not in our condition. But we could certainly run our course over them.

And so the Lower Pacific Unity built itself.
cont.
>>
>>34271066
Now, we had three major issues once again.

While our previous problems were starting to dissolve, both with more numbers, supplies, and routes, we couldn't risk attack from above or below. Our goal now was to spread and lock down what we had.

This meant I-5 stayed pretty damn empty. We still attacked it when possible, but now we had other goals; we absorbed lone bandits, and stockpiled resources. Baker City and Spokane became two major hubs for getting in and out of the Deep Zone, too. The hippies n' shit that lived here before love the stuff for making cleansers, soaps, and other shit like that. Small comforts, and also very helpful in keeping our weaponry, armor, and clothing clean.

Not to mention, the hardy beasts that manage life in the Deep Zone can be skinned and eaten. Whatever the fuck they are. Survival of the fittest brings out the cryptic monsters -and- the ones we know, too, like wolves and panthers.

Overall, though, we weren't looking for any trouble. We hit them places we knew we could overtake, and treated others fairly when there was the option to. Beyond that, the Alaskan Highlander outposts were left untouched, and we tried to establish relations, to no avail. Seemed difficult to find them, and it's entirely possible they abandoned the lower Pacific to keep their highway and shit safe. Fine by us.

Fishing was turning out well enough. The ones among us with boat skills could sail out far enough to find waters decently unharmed by the ash and bring back food we could eat. Water tanks and barrels were moving to inner state regions. It was rough. Hell, it was fucking disastrous at times. Numerous failures.

We still exist best in the shadows and the trees. Wild men for wild lives. The comforts of home are a long way away, and we respect that. But we -could- do with some more stable villages and outposts.

We're still here.
>>
nullify that "Dixie States of America" shit
>>
>>34271157
I have to agree, you're stepping on too many toes
>>
Okay as an aside from a potato how would I go about creating a new faction in the factions page? Like what button do I click to start that? I don't wanna break the site.
>>
>>34270724
that's too much land, scale it down
>>
File: 12341324231.jpg (108KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
12341324231.jpg
108KB, 400x400px
>tfw after a while filthy n'wah tourists will want to come in and turn your entire way of life into a photograph attraction
How do we keep outlanders from shitting up our ancestral homes?
>>
>>34271190
kill them, just like those hardcore natives in fucked up places that kill all outsiders
>>
>>34271277
But then they wouldn't sell us guns anymore, how are we supposed to keep away corpus patients without guns?
>>
>>34271292
kill them with primitive stuff, like lances and rocks

keep the guns to hunt
>>
>>34259122
A L A S K A
L
A
S
K
A

Best flag of all
>>
>>34250360
what happens when you go in the kill zone?
>>
>>34271110
Fellow Oregonian here. I'd add that the coasts of oregon and Washington are full of pirates. Garibaldi and coos bay and Westport Washington are almost perfect pirate fortress locations.
>>
>>34271384
why would you want to go to a place that's literally covered in hundreds of feet of ash?
>>
>>34271393
Good to know. Are they part of any nation or just something thrown in logically that someone else wants to play?
>>
>>34271384
You achieve CHIM
>>
>>34271190
Fuck off greyskin, it's manifest destiny 2
>>
>>34271407
Just something logical to throw in. A big problem for Southern pacific union would be establishing land lines to coast settlements. While the overland route to Newport was able to stay open, coast highways like 6 were destroyed by the ash and landslides. In these secluded regions, the fishermen took refuge in the place they always had. The open oceans, where they weaved their way around the rocky coastlines of the oregon, Washington and California coasts, looting whatever they could to survive. As the southern pacific union has come to fruition, the pirates have become more than just a nuisance, attacking shipping lines from Seattle to Newport and down to San Francisco.
As a reaction the most organized fighting force of the union is their merchant marines, fighting to protect fishing and trade vessels, the most important pipeline to healthy life in the northwest.
>>
>>34271453
Good to be aware of. I'll include that in my next update.

Thank you, fellow Oreganon.
>>
>>34271190
fuck off greyskin we have a united states to restore
>>
Journal Entry 1

Why am I doing this?
Really, that's the first thing I'm going to write down? I hate this place. To anyone reading this, I am the last surviving member of the Gulf expeditionary team, a group originally made up of 20 hand picked individuals to head into the center of this nightmare and find out what the hell is actually happening out here. Canaveral had been picking up weird images from what they can still control in the sky above and combine that with the tales we hear from the ash nomads that filter down south for the winter and here I am. If you're some asshole that's looting my body and can still read, I hope you have better luck than me and maybe come to understand why I'm here, unless you're the faggot that shot me, then may my glock blow your hand off when you need it most. The idea of being read about after ones death gives me some peace of mind, better than being dead and forgotten, right?
>>
>>34271504
i like this
>>
The Mojave has greedily reabsorbed the arrogant and lavish "jewel" that was the fortress of Las Vegas. Crawlers and highly zealous Sand Lyons aggressively guard the fallen and shattered temple city of Mead upon the ancient skeleton of the Hoover Dam. To say Nevada became nothing but a wild and desolate waste of Ash is false. Nevada found solace over time in her Ash Storms, repentance for the decadence of the past, Las Vegas' destruction and abandonment was welcomed.

Now leaving the way to zealous ashlanders roaming and searching to keep outsiders away or press them into slavery to serve in the many rumoured temple cities dotting the region faster to farm mushrooms, yams or serve as sacrifice to The Maw.
>>
>>34271504
Journal Entry 2

So, not even a month ago, I get notice from my higher up that I've been flagged for a job. Too much time sitting on the beach. I told them I was keeping an eye out for any Texan smugglers but that wasn't good enough. I was geared up, put with some other people and all of us shoved into a tiny plane the Coast Guard appropriated from some drug smugglers from somewhere in South America. They almost forgot to brief us on what we'd be doing, go out into the ashlands and find out what the hell is going on. The storms shouldn't be lasting this long plus strange sightings and weird readings. We took off from an airfield just outside of New Orleans. Why did I get picked for this again? Oh yeah, our plane crashed in Kansas a few hours later. The ash filters on the engine did fuckall. 6 casualties and we lost half of our supplies. At least we added something to the landscape. If people thought Kansas had nothing in it before, it's got even less now. Flat as far as the eye can see, ash. Wind swept ash. We should have turned around and headed home but we were stupid like that, maybe it was the concussions making the decisions for us.
>>
>>34271526
"I am deliverance. I am purity. I cast the shadow over the world. You will find safety in my cover. Do not fear my storms, they are for you." - The Voice
>>
>>34271528
Journal Entry 3

Gotta watch out for those ash raiders. Grey skinned once-people, they come out of nowhere and vanish as fast as they appeared, often with some of our gear or one of our people.
If you're a literate looter or some far future archaeologist, here's what you can expect to find on me, gearwise.
1 diary scavenged from a drug store. If you find me in the ruins of said drugstore, give me a kick in the ass.
A Glock 40 and enough ammo to beat a man to death with if you put it in a sock
A Remington shotgun that's spent just as much time being a club as a gun
A HK G3 I took off the body of a dead teammate. Where did he even get this from?
A shitty water filter that can't handle the ash, it works but you need to filter the water through some cloth sheets first, it's a pain in the ass but it works better than nothing
A gps unit with universal adapter that can drain off any kind of battery you can find, doesn't work during ash storms and gets loud and verbal when you're trying to hide from something. It plays music too.
The cheapest radio that could be found. Works on a winch, only picks up country music and gospel stations.
A multitool. A real life saver here.
A boobytrap. I'm not telling you what it is in case you're some asshole raider.
A windup flashlight that does fuckall when I need it most
There's some other stuff in there but the scavenged sleeping pills kicked in and I don't feel much like writing anymore.
>>
>>34254615
>He's never read Herman Kahn.
>>
>>34271558
Continue, anon. This is good shit.

((LPU is up on the wikia as well as my potatard ass could figure it out. Hope you guys enjoy that. I'll write some more LPU adventures soon.))
>>
What's the present year in Ashlands? I know it started in 2017.
>>
>>34271558
Ballad 023

We watch, another party of heretics abusing our storm. An affront to the Great Powers that be.

We heard them from over the Ash, do not know we watch, we follow. Soon we see what becomes of outsiders.

On this we pray. Maw consume us.
>>
>>34271591
This is a new version, I believe it started late 2016.

It's about 2 or 3 years forwards Ashlands time for the sake of the game, though, from what I've gathered, so probably late 2018 or 2019 in Ashlands game time.
>>
>>34271591
Just a few years, enough for new borders to solidify and cultural practices to take root, but not completely alien alternate earth sort of thing
>>
>>34271604
>>34271610
Shit I should probably consider changing my canon, otherwise the New England Coalition doesn't exist until two or three years after the settings "current year".
>>
>>34271627
Just work with it how you think best. That's part of why the Lower Pacific Unity is just now starting to get their shit together. It makes sense with the timing, equipment, and isolation that these two states would probably have.

To me.
>>
If I were rich i'd fund a game based on this without even thinking
>>
>>34271633
Basically this, work with it. Its why there's still tribalism in Nevada Ash, but a burgeoning theocratic empire has started forming up but is hardly all powerful
>>
>>34271558
Journal Entry 4

On the march. I decided I'm going to make my way westward into Colorado and then start poking up northward and see what there is to see. I have no delusions of getting back but I'm curious now. I got enough rations for a month and then I'm fucked. Should have brought snow skis or snow shoes, the ash is a nightmare to walk through and it's mixed with snow, if you penetrate the surface it's like muck and coats everything, building layers upon layers. I had to stop around midday to scrape the shit off my pants. Why is it so cold, it's Summer right? The black skies say otherwise. What's winter going to be like? I took a break in the wreckage of a semi truck. What was left of the driver was still hanging out in the drivers seat. Most of the truck had been stripped for parts but it made a good resting spot and it looked like I wasn't the only one to do so, there was remains of a camp fire. I left my name and the date and where I was headed on the side of the trailer, a sign of my passing through. Took a short nap before moving on. I'm not too worried about being snuck up on out here, I can see for miles in all directions. It's the shit under the ash I have to worry about, and if they're around I'm fucked anyways. May as well not worry about it.
>>
>>34271660
Shit, I like the idea of people going cult berserk and worshipping the Ash.
>>
>>34271677
We are ever blessed, ever purified, ever covered by the shadow of the Ash Storm belched from the divine Maw. Find deliverance with us, or are you heretic?
>>
>>34252340
tel mithryn when?
>>
>>34271694
I'm gonna have to say heretic for now, pal. Ain't no great blessings this damn "Maw", by which I assume you mean "Yellowstone" has given me or the Pacific.

If you want to trade, though, I'm all ears.
>>
>>34271663
Journal Entry 5

Ash, acid rain and lightning. Maybe if I wasn't so lit at the time, I could have made a better excuse to not have come and could still be on the beach. I found the remains of an old store to settle in for the storm. CBS construction and not too many holes in the roof. A little work and this building would make a great permanent shelter. I'm half surprised no one is living here. The place had been looted pretty heavily. I did manage to find a packet of powdered turkey gravy. I ate well that night. I also found a pack of toilet paper. I almost cried. I stayed up a few hours into the night listening to the rain. When it finally stopped, I went out to take a look around. I saw something in the distance, looked like the horizon was on fire to the northwest. Just where I'm heading. I can't imagine a large civilization out here. The rain started up again a few minutes later. I managed to find a plastic bin and put it out to catch the rain, see if I can't filter it in the morning, hopefully the acidity won't be too high, at this point anything is better than more re-filtered piss.
>>
>>34271663
Ballad 024

It walks, shuffles and dances poorly across the new skin of earth. Head towards the ground and rest outsider, you cannot move faster than stalkers.

Rest your head, scan horizons, you are safe.

The shadow of Ash hides us, Maw delivers us. This is his divine land and you are and outsider. We will change this. Or the land will change you...

" The shadow hides us, consumes us, blesses and transforms all."
>>
>>34271702
How...unclean...

How fine your people have done for us, shackled in glorious service to Maw
>>
>>34271713
Journal Entry 6

Sun up, No sign of people, no sign of movement. I headed the direction I saw the light last night. Thought about the rest of my team on the way, most were put down or taken by raiders. We hauled ass trying to leave them behind only to run into some kind of ashbug nest. Looked like a giant ant-lion. It didn't chase me, I guess the others were enough to sate it? Maybe I just smell bad. I didn't know much about them and we'd spent a day or two together, half of it flying, half of it running from shit. Not a lot of time to get to know anyone and maybe it was for the best considering how things ended up. Anyways, I found what had my attention last night. Not sure what to make of it. A big oval in the ash, about half a mile at its widest, smoldering and still warm. Whatever was burning turned a lot of the ash into some kind of volcanic glass? No sign of tracks but that's easily lost in the ever present ash drizzle. There's a whole chain of these things going as far as I can see, about a mile apart and in an east to westward line. I can't explain this, I'm sure someone can, or maybe not. I've heard the ash-nomads talk of strange occurrences but I didn't think like this. I feel like I should take some extra precautions but how the fuck do you do that out here and why does the air smell like cinnamon?
>>
Things are going decently.

No news, yet, and the Alaskans are still fuck all somewhere. We don't even go near their outposts. It's just not worth our time. And for what? Are they all dead?

We're working on negotiating with the pirates. We can't waste pain and death with the battle. Neither can they. Slow and steady. On the way of new alliances, a collection from the High Desert of Oregon came to Bend yesterday. Word came up faster as I was on my way back to there, anyways.

Some kind of weird Native clan. They brought some kind of weird animal back. Called it a Digger. If fucktwats like these are everywhere, who knows what else.

I'm surprised anyone's survived in the far reaches of the High Desert. No resources, lots of scavengers. But then, I guess they're good at it. They're all wearing skulls and armor from things they've killed; skins, carapaces. And they mount antlers and shit on their heads.

Reminds me of some of the mountain men; they still follow something called shamanism or asatratatwhatsit. Something involving Odin. Whatever keeps them busy and doesn't involve human sacrifices, I suppose.

In fact, it's strange. In times like these, religions most would consider pagan are spreading like wildfire. Each day, the camps I visit to check on our different groups have mutterings of spirits and bad omens.

Then again, Oregon was always a spiritual place in some respect. Damn hippies.

In other news, the Seattle group intends to head to Fort Lewis soon, south, near Tacoma. They'll either find heavy resistance of military holdouts, and maybe help, or an abandoned facility for ransacking. That'll take days there and back, though. We should know in some weeks what they find, if anything.

Damn near feel like a bunch of aboriginal whacknuts by now. We don't even look human anymore. Gray, wretched skin. Wrapped up in goggles, rags, and animal-based armor like nuclear outcasts and steampunk Natives or some shit.
>>
Have this flyer I found.

Welcome to Beautiful Watauga County, Breadbasket of North Carolina

Boone has always functioned as a gateway to the mountains. Heading west on 421, it's the last thing one could call a "town" until you hit Johnson City over the Appalachian Mountains past what used to be the border of Tennesee. However, since going to the interior of the country has become less attractive recently, Watauga County has since embraced its new role in replenishing the supplies of people tired from crossing the mountains. Thanks to plentiful springs and rivers, water isn't a problem, and what was once subsistence farming has become the first taste of the Carolinas' varied cuisine to many outsiders.

Due to our history as a college town- unfortunately, Appalachian State University shut its doors a year after the eruption-, hpusimg is plentiful, so you're welcome to make Wataug County your home if you decide to stay a while. Job oppurtunities abound, from machinist to miner, and much more. Our temperate climate is healthy for children and the elderly, and balanced temperatures accomodate all types.
Well, that's what the flyer said, anyways. It was a good two, three years out of date though. I could tell, as the Boone I was standing in was vastly different from what the brochure portrayed. There was a minimum of three feet of dismal, grey snow everywhere I looked, and nary a soul to be found. I had entered the town on the request of one of my best customers. For some reason, this fine gentleman needed the telescope that sat in the old university's long-dormant observatory, despite the stars having long ago been smothered by ash. He was paying me a small fortune in ammunition and mushrooms to grab the telescope, though, so I wasn't one to question him. Enough living in tne past, though, it's time to live in the present, as this latest snowstorm has finally let up.

Cont.?
>>
>>34271780
Fuck. There should be a paragraph break after "...all types".
>>
>>34271784
its okay
no one is going to grade your paper
>>
>>34271780
10/10
fucking cont
>>
>>34271795
seconded, more please
>>
>>34271504
>>34271528
>>34271558
>>34271663
>>34271713
>>34271760
So this is written as someone from the Gulf area being sent into the Ashlands as part of a team, right? I just wanna make sure I understand correctly.
>>
>>34271780
Continue that shit
>>
>>34271800
Correct
>>
Booneguy here. Fuck, on it.
>>
[meanwhile in Canada]
US immigrants, ash and global breakdown of trade has turned Canada into a wild lands

[meanwhile in Europe]
>global temperatures have plummeted
>Russia takes advantage of the destabilisation of the US and is at war with the remnants of NATO

[meanwhile in Australia and New Zealand]
>white Christmases for a few years and then some really cold winters
>china has basically forcibly occupied the control of both countries, most people are either working producing food or resources

[meanwhile in South America]
>Trumps border wall being permanently closed and lack of global trade means mass starvation and infighting, the usual for South America

[meanwhile in Africa]
>all African whites establish a new nation
>china continues its exploitation of the resources
>blacks continue being animals
>>
>>34271827
Cool, sounds great. I'm actually working on a little writing about the Gulf area, myself.
>>
I'm going to sleep right now and I know this thread won't be here when I get back, can someone link this thread (if it gets archived) to the new one (that you really should make)?

thanks and good night/day whatever
>>
I need to hit the sack, anons. I'll be back tomorrow for glorious Pacific conquest.
>>
'This is a Class 3 Public Safety Alert: a minor accident on Highway 90 has occured, involving two vehicles. No serious injuries occured. Any citizens planning on traveling down Highway 90 are advised to take detours as emergency crews clean up the scene. The cleanup operation is estimated to take 1 hour. Thank you, and God Bless the Republic'.

I don't what idiot came up with alert system, but I think he oughta be slapped for coming up with it. Feels like every 30 minutes, one of these damn things pop up on the radio. I think there was even one a few days ago about a friggin cat up a tree.

I guess I really shouldn't complain toovmuch though, really. We got lucky when Yellowstone blew it's top, so it's a fucking miracle we're even still alive on the Coast. Not like the system's out of place or anything, gotta keep civic order and all that. Gotta keep the people safe and all that. I just wish they didn't use it for every little occurence.

No sooner than I finish that train of thought, I hear that godawful synthesized school bell noise they use to announce each alert: 'This is a Class 1 Public Safety Alert'.

Class 1? Then it's actually something serious this time.

'An Ash Monitoring Station in Northern Mississippi has detected a shift in wind patterns, which is predicted to send a moderately sized Ashstorm towards the Gulf Coast. All citizens are therefore advised to practice safety drills to protect themselves from the Ash and it's harmful effects.Thank you, and God Bless the Republic'.

Not the worst thing in the world, I suppose, but I better get ready for it.
>>
first attempt at writing for this, so give me a heads up if this sounds dumb

if youve been around some of the more ashy parts of the country, you might notice the little fellows known as "ash people" or "mask people"
these people can be seen wearing gas masks, hoods and tattered cloaks, none of their skin shows. they have large backpacks for all the stuff they scavenge in their travels
they often travel in packs, splitting up when they find a building to scavenge and pick clean. speaking of scavenging, these guys have a knack for it, often finding a hundred useful things in a place normal people would consider barren, guesses are, thats how they survive. they also have a knack for mechanics, they can fix just about anything if they have the parts for it. they can make even the most jam-o-matic of guns work flawlessly in even heavy ash storms
they speak two languages, English, and "mask speak" which is pretty much just muffled gibberish, but they understand it somehow. theyre pretty antisocial too, the only interactions they have is with traders here and there
they mostly avoid confrontation but when cornered, they know 101 ways to fuck you up, so its best to steer clear of them when you can
most peoples guess is that they in tunnels dug in abandoned, ash covered cities, but no one has been in one and came back to tell the tale, and the mask people dont tend to talk much about it

cont?
>>
>>34271861
so, dark ages 2: electric boogaloo?
>>
>>34271760
Journal Entry 7

According to my gps, there should be a highway around here. I can't find it. Hell, I might be standing on it, can't make out any landmarks with all this shitty ash-snow. I'm still following the original plotted course, which was to make regular stops in towns and cities for supplies. I'm heading for a place called Salinas and the gps says I'm right on track but I don't see it so either I'm lost, the gps is wrong or something else happened. Probably a mix of all three. With the idea of my gps possibly leading to my doom, I decided to try something different, I used my radio to find the strongest signal and I'm heading in that direction, sounded like an old sports broadcast. Only a slight course correction, a bit more northward. I stopped for a time under the cover of an old collapsed billboard for lunch, gave my airfilters a good cleaning and was about to start off again when I saw something moving in the distance, a darker gray on the gray horizon. Something big. Looked like an elephant, but that would be crazy. It wasn't in the way, so I continued on but kept an eye on it until I couldn't see it anymore.
>>
I rolled into town by myself, as I always have. Let's just say I have trust issues and leave it at that. My Jeep had been coping fairly well with the higher altitudes and more ash, only needing its filter scrubbed once. My plan was to roll up, break in to the observatory, and make off with the telescope. Something about this town struck me as deeply wrong, like that feeling of "you're not supposed to be here, little one" that I got whenever I tried tagging along to work with my dad.

Which, of course, meant I had to find the science building, something I had only the dimmest recollection of thanks to a campus tour in a bygone era. I drove in towards the university grounds, my little four-cylinder and snow crunching under its oversized tires the only sound for miles. The once pretentious glass-walled skybridge had fallen into disrepair, with most of the panes shot out or otherwise absent. The parking deck was an overgrown mess, and the duck pond was completely frozen over. The picture windows of the cafeteria looking out over the pond were likewise damaged and/or absent. Part of me wondered what the overblown football field looked like now, but I wasn't getting paid for sightseeing, so I continued on in .

2/5?
>>
>>34271894
link your threads so we can keep track of them, there's a lot of writing going on here.
>>
>>34271884
yes but technology wont regress too much, just a lot of people will die from starvation and the entire world will be thrown into turmoil until borders/food supply restabilise
then it will be like the 1600s again
>>
someone please archive this thread
>>
>>34271887
Journal Entry 8

Around the time I was starting to look for a place to hide for the night, I stumbled onto a ratty dome tent with an occupant. The guy didn't have the telltale style of either the ash nomads or the raiders and looked to be wearing a ratty uniform that's been through more than I have. We had a good old Mexican standoff for awhile. We identified ourselves. The guy said he was from a Tennessee expeditionary force and was on a very important mission. Well what a coincidence. He kept asking if I had any piercings or tattoos. I just had the one and that seemed to satisfy him for some reason. He invited me to his campfire and we broke bread, talking about what we've been through but always keeping a hand on a weapon. The guy seemed to be a little cracked. He's not all there. He has a tendency to start repeating himself almost like he's trying to convince himself. I think he's been out here far too long. He had ash preserved meat that I was pretty sure wasn't human and was more than happy to share for some of the things in my ration. I decided this was enough of an occasion to play some music. The guy teared up almost immediately and went quiet for awhile before dozing off. I set up my impromptu shelter for the night near the fire. A neat ash-blanket trick I learned from the nomads.
>>
>>34271913
Alright, I'm going to drop for the night. Good writing anons.
>>
>>34271872
As much as I may bitch and moan about those PSA's I acknowledge they serve an important purpose. So, I go ahead start my own little Ashstorm drill. I live by myself, always have since I graduated high school all those years ago, so I don't have to dumb down any of this for a child to understand or wait for anybody else to get started. First I need to find my CBRN gear.

Ever since the Gulf Republic got up and running, they've made a point of public safety being their number one priority. As a result of this, everyone person residing within the Republic's boundaries is issued a basic set of CBRN gear: a hooded suit and a gasmask with 2 filters. Those filters go quick, so local government buildings and military bases always have spares in stock for civilian use. It seems silly, being that our little fledgling nation sits outside the Ashlands, but you never know when an Ashstorm or something like that will roll in. Take now, for example.

I put on the suit as quickly as I can, pull up the hood, and affix my gasmask. After that, I go to every door and window in my house and insure they've been completely Sealed, or at least as sealed as I can get them. It's an imperfect solution, but it's better than nothing. Not that any of this matters for me, though. I just do all this to make sure no dust gets inside my house.

My little secret weapon, as I like to call it, is my basement. I had some contractors come in after the Eruption to install a new on it. This door seals so tightly that no air whatsoever can get inside. Gets a little warm, but it's better than choking on ash. It has one flaw, and it's ironically the seal. I have to open it back up after a certain amount of time or else I'll suffocate. Still, I'll have an easier time with the coming storm than a lot of people will.

Does that make me a selfish asshole? Well, that depends on who you ask I guess.
Does any of this sound ok, anons? I'm just trying to see what works and what doesn't.
>>
>>34271916
See you next thread, anon.
>>
>>34271894
I somehow managed to spot the once-shiny dome that marked the observatory, and ,manhandled my truck as close to the science building as I could. The years had not been kind to the brick road surface on the quad. Naturally, I wasn't the first guy here, so I didn't have to break into the building. I simply stepped through the shattered glass doors, located the nearest stairwell, then proceeded upwards, my footsteps echoing across the once lively halls.

I was greeted by a nasty surprise when I reached the dome, though- the telescope was long gone. I could see the holes drilled on the floor, and...t Aha. Deep gouges in the tile floor meant something heavy was dragged out... tht door, looks like? Opening it, I was greeted with a gruesome sight. Looks like some jackass had met his fate trying to move the damn thing alone, and had gotten literally crushed under the weight of the scope when it fell off the trolley. This had happened a while back, too- sagging, papery skin covering bones was all that was left of him, aside from the rather large dark brown stain of old blood on the floor. Looks like he took the brunt of the fall, though, as the telescope seemed fine to my untrained eye. I started to right the scope, which was coated in that sort of thermally diffusive sciency aluminum foil that seems to be required of anything even tangentially related to space, then froze as I heard the most ungodly sound. It was like some combination of crow and mountain lion, a kind of hoarse, uncannily human scream, but produced without any kind of lips whatsoever.
I drew my pistol- nothing special, just a Model 10 I traded a particularly nice set of antlers for- and spun around to face the direction that the sound came from.

3/4. Maybe 5. Charachter limits.
>>
>>34271993
Just as soon as I saw it, though, I immediately wished I hadn’t. It was, in grand Lovecraftian tradition, a Thing that Can Not Be but Is. A head dominated by a strong, toothed beak was mounted on a body that managed to combine the worst aspects of a possum and a toad. Warty, not-quite-furry but not-quite-hairless skin covered a gaunt frame with a rotund pouch that was moving up its torso fast because… God damn it. It fucking projectile vomited at me. All hope of a clean getaway screwed up, I aimed in its general direction, squeezed off a couple rounds of .38, and fucking bolted, setting a new world record for

...And of course, it fucking followed me out the building. I couldn’t start my Jeep fast enough, as its hellish form was rapidly closing. Just as it was about to jump at me, I got my truck into gear and hauled ass out of there. It wasn’t till I was a good 200 feet out of there before I risked a glance at the rearview mirror, and… son of a two-timing cousin-fucking hillbilly stereotype reinforcing obese man’s anus, it had fucking latched on to my car. Luckily, I kept a little something in the driver’s side door for emergencies.

I pulled out my Ithaca Auto Burglar and gave that… that thing both barrels at point-blank range to the torso… chest… whatever. That seemed to kill it, thank God. I drove the rest of the way back to the ironically named city of Asheville much quicker than I would have otherwise. I may not have gotten the weirdo his telescope, but I’d at least have something to show as to why I couldn’t get it. The hide oughta fetch a pretty penny too.

Done. Thoughts
>>
>>34271913
Neat stuff.
>>
>>34272021
Pretty neat, my man.

I enjoy seeing stories about encountering the abominations of the Ashlands.
>>
>mfw oregon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIscL-Bjsq4
>>
>>34267970
No, they used regular horses that drank out of water kegs. I read lots of books about deep mining prior to 1930, you don't.
>>
>>34271368
Alaska came in 5th
>>
>>34264350
The systems are automated, anon. They'll shut down on their own instead of melting down, so long as they haven't taken damage.
>>
>>34270026
ummm everyone
>>
>>34266959
Sorry but you need to take in a couple million non white muslim male refugees like right now

if you dont we will be mad and shame you in the news, chessmate.
>>
RIP thread
>>
>>34272021
I've got a few long guns, a couple of Angus calves, and a horse and I'd be willing to trade a few of those things if you would be willing to takeme up there for a bit of hunting. Sound like a good deal to you?
>>
baking new bread
Thread posts: 380
Thread images: 81

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.