[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright fags lets talk silencers.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1168.png (3MB, 2001x1125px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1168.png
3MB, 2001x1125px
What hanguns are good matches for silencers? I know you need a threaded barrel, but is it cheaper to buy a tb edition fun or just get a threaded barrel for whatever you already have.
And are glocks good with suppressors?
>>
>>34246425
Back when I was into glocks I had a gen 3 19 that I shoot with a gemtech tundra from time to time. The barrel was a 13.1 LH from Glock and it was fine. I liked it more than shooting my dad's 226 and 229 with the same can, I always felt as if there was less blowback with the 19 for whatever reason.
>>
File: canned ppq.jpg (2MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
canned ppq.jpg
2MB, 5184x3456px
> but is it cheaper to buy a tb edition fun or just get a threaded barrel for whatever you already have.
Depends on the gun. If you already own a new production pistol then just buy the barrel. Rifles might be different.

$500 pistol + $700 can + $200 tax + $250 barrel + waiting 9 months. Get 'cheaper; out of your vocabulary.
>>
File: tumblr_n70m3wUzul1skaxu8o1_1280.jpg (281KB, 1280x792px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n70m3wUzul1skaxu8o1_1280.jpg
281KB, 1280x792px
>>34246425
guns have different sounds because different actions, but the dB difference is negligible

what you need to focus on is if your cartridge supersonic or subsonic

supersonic = lots of noise, even if you suppress it, will still make a loud supersonic crack
subsonic = you won't hear anything other than the gun's action.
>>
>>34246425

I would stick one on a Mark 23 for larping as Snake.
>>
File: m9ac.jpg (64KB, 648x431px) Image search: [Google]
m9ac.jpg
64KB, 648x431px
>>34246425
glocks are good. You might need to do a bit of modifying though

>threaded barrel (duh)
> tall suppressor sights (unless you have an osprey or aac illusion)
>You may need a lighter recoil spring depending on the weight of your suppressor

Personally I think the M9/92fs is an ideal suppressor host. It's larger and heavier than the glock, for better balance. The straight back recoil design of the pistol, plus modern boosters makes for a VERY reliable design. Plus the new m9a3 comes threaded out of the box.
>>
>>34246647
>You may need a lighter recoil spring depending on the weight of your suppressor
what's this for?
>>
>>34246647
Its called a falling locking block, which doesnt require a nielsen device. And you dont own a m9 or a suppressor.
>>
File: osrpey.jpg (668KB, 1600x1186px) Image search: [Google]
osrpey.jpg
668KB, 1600x1186px
>>34246673
so as you may or may not know, MOST pistols utilize a browning style design... meaning that the barrel actually moves

Modern suppressors utilize something called a booster (also called a nielson device). It's basically a little spring that lets the barrel move freely inside the suppressor, because if the barrel doesn't move, the pistol won't cycle.

Despite the booster, the overall weight of the suppressor plays a part. I personally bought a Mystic-X silencer, which is pretty heavy. Even with the booster lubed up I was getting reliability issues. Glocks, like most other pistols, have a recoil spring inside. If you get a weaker one, more of the gun's recoil impulse goes into moving the heavy suppressor, which fixes the problem.
>>
>>34246582
Where did you find a threaded barrel for the PPQ .45?
>>
>>34246680
>he thinks all m9 and suppressor owners require an autistic knowledge of the design

kys. I own a 92fs and a mystic-x, and yes, it DOES need a nielson device, unless you want to tune it with lighter recoil springs.
>>
>>34246730
Jarvis. Only company I know that makes a threaded barrel for the 45 PPQ.
>>
>>34246749
3 posts and still no pictures. What are you waiting for?
>>
>>34247059
(you)
>>
>>34247442
Already posted. Come on now, lets see that can and Beretta
>>
File: fuck off.jpg (1MB, 2551x1435px) Image search: [Google]
fuck off.jpg
1MB, 2551x1435px
>>34247570
No pics of the can with the 92fs, so a glock brand glock will have to do.

Your turn, faggot.
>>
File: 1442032878204.jpg (20KB, 303x303px) Image search: [Google]
1442032878204.jpg
20KB, 303x303px
>>34247665
Nice. I'm digg'n that huge piston housing.

>Your turn, faggot.
the PPQs are mine.
>>
>>34247665
>current year
>shooting freedom munitions after two recalls
>>
>>34246582
>all that James Bond style goodness
Patrician taste, anon. I wanna be you someday.
>>
>>34246647
>comes threaded
But their are no tall sights. Fucking none. They finally made a version with threaded barrel and dovetailed slide for modular sites and their are no fucking tall sights. Fuck.
>>
>>34248243
They use drop ins. So easy.
>>
>>34246620

>subsonic = you won't hear anything other than the gun's action.

Quit with this meme already. You'll still hear the explosion within the cartridge/chamber/barrel, and you'll still hear the unburned powder being burned once the action opens and/or the bullet exits the barrel.

The only way a gun will be "Hollywood quiet" is with silicone/rubber seals, a locked action, and subsonic ammo. And even that will degrade after a few shots.
>>
>>34246425
H&K USP Tactical
Sig P226 MK25
Quietest hosts for suppressors
They're actually designed to run a can
>>
>>34248275
Hollywood Quiet shouldn't even be a saying
The noise they do in movies is a high pitch
Sounds like a laser ray or some thing lol
A real suppressor sounds quieter imo
>>
>>34248275
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1-IOu3m11Y
>>
>>34248366
This kind of nonsense is too prevalent, primarily because many of the guys reporting how they only hear the action noise or how their F1 cans are 'Hollywood quiet' are actually quite deaf, after years of unsuppressed shooting. My hearing is largely intact because I've not shot unsuppressed firearms, ever, and because I've valued my hearing as it relates to my profession (in unamplified music). As a result I hear how even a bolt action .22lr with a top notch commercial suppressor is louder than an average unsuppressed spring-piston airgun, despite how many will say such rifles are 'quieter than an airgun.' It just ain't so.

The stock recordings used for suppressor sounds by MOST Hollywood films and TV shows are absurd, bearing little if any relationship to any of a number of measurable, comparable features of actual suppressed gunfire. Adding in the action noise of a semi-auto pistol without a slide lock just widens the credibility gap. A suppressed pistol shooting subsonics is tolerable to the ear in .32" and smaller calibers. Once you get to 9mm and larger, you'll be wanting at least foamy earplugs for prolonged exposure, as the net decibel level is still well into hearing damage territory. Of course if your ears are already shot it won't matter to you so much...
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.