[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CA resident in AZ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: az.png (9KB, 255x170px) Image search: [Google]
az.png
9KB, 255x170px
So I'm a college student going to school in Arizona, but I'm technically a California resident. I wanted to buy a Ruger 10/22 here for some plinking, and I was wondering what I would have to do for this to be legal. Could I just buy one in a private sale? Is there a way to get it from a gun store even without Arizona residency?
>>
Git out we're full
>>
>>34244432
I vote Republican faggot
>>
>>34244395
In other words your family is low on funds because you're going to ASU.

Ahh, just giving you a hard time. I'm from Arizona but live in a free state. I bought a gun on vacation there two years ago. But when I told him I lived out of state he no shit said "as long as it's not California, New York, or one of the communist states". He might have been a /k/ommando.

So legally, I'm not sure but that particular store in Payson AZ didn't want to sell to Californians. Although I was buying a long gun and there's no waiting period, so that may have been why.
>>
>>34244438

RINO
>>
>>34244476
You're right about ASU, good scholarship though. So you're saying I should ask individual gun stores about their policies?
>>
File: sig.jpg (785KB, 2476x1658px) Image search: [Google]
sig.jpg
785KB, 2476x1658px
>>34244395
No, you must be a az resident. You might be able to buy privately, but good luck with a cali id.
>t. Az fag that sells guns.
>>
>>34244476
You're right about ASU, good scholarship though. So you're saying I should ask individual gun stores about their policies?>>34244496
Is it legal for me to buy privately, even with Cali ID?
>>
Just drive back to CA, buy one there, and take it to AZ with you. For stuff like a 10/22, California laws, while annoying, aren't horrible.
>>
>>34244495
Well, thinking about it, as I said there is no waiting period on long guns in AZ. But I believe there is in CA.

So allowing someone in a bordering state to walk out the door with a gun they couldn't in their own state is legally murky. I think it comes down to waiting periods.

Best bet is to order online, comply with whatever Californian wait restriction, and do a FFL transfer.
>>
File: 20170421_154934~2.jpg (1MB, 2331x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170421_154934~2.jpg
1MB, 2331x2268px
>>34244532
No not really, but some people do not care here.

>>34244551
Its a ten day waiting period, and you must pass a test on the knowledge of said firearm.
>>
Thanks for all the feedback guys, I'll probably just suck it up and buy a gun in Blythe
>>
>>34244496
I'm >>34244476

I was born in Arizona, now I live in Wisconsin. I bought a long gun Christmas time 2015.

That's why when I asked him if I could buy a gun out of state, he asked what state. I said Wisconsin, he was like yeah you're fine. So you don't have to be a resident, you just can't be a Californian.
>>
>>34244568
>Its a ten day waiting period, and you must pass a test on the knowledge of said firearm.
Sorta. You have to get your "Firearm Safety Certificate" before you can buy any guns. It's a 30 question multiple choice test, but there's a study guide online and it's not hard at all. When you're buying the gun, you have to do a "Safety demonstration", but all you have to do is show how to put on and take off a trigger lock, put in and take out a magazine, turn the safety on and off, and check the chamber to see if there's a round in it. That's all - it's not like they'll ask you what the barrel twist is or what steel the receiver is made out of. The whole safety demonstration should take about a minute total.
>>
File: DSC_0001.jpg (2MB, 3262x2372px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0001.jpg
2MB, 3262x2372px
>>34244600
You are correct, i was pertaining to a cali resident. Ive sold guns to other states, but cali is a big no no.

>>34244609
Yes bit its still retarded.
>>
>>34244623
Yeah at first I thought it wasn't legal either. I tried to buy a gun at Big 5 and they wouldn't do any out of state purchases. But then the guy told me that wasn't Arizona law, just Big 5's store policy. Another place had no problems.

So fucking boycott Big 5 and their stupid bitch policies.
>>
File: tire.jpg (1MB, 2167x2788px) Image search: [Google]
tire.jpg
1MB, 2167x2788px
>>34244673
Holy kek, i work for big 5 Wich one was it?
Our policies all gay as fuck.
>>
>>34244476
Legally out of state sales of rifles and shotguns are good to go unless you are home of residence in New York City (rest of the state is fine) unless you have similar rifle/shotgun restrictions where you need a permit to purchase its just another longarm sale with background check at a walmart(or wherever)
>>
>>34244438
>California Republicans think they're good enough for AZ
>>
>>34244438
Don't vote for faggots. The conservative part is ok. Also, >>34244490
>>
>>34244495
Major?
>>
>>34245051
I vote mostly on whichever party is pro gun, so that's Republican by default. Computer systems engineering (halfway through junior year).
>>
>>34244395
Go to U of A nigger!

Also yes you can do private sales and you can buy long guns over state lines through a FFL...If you went to U of A you wouldn't be this dumb.
>>
>>34244395
Just do private.
>>
>>34244395
I'll buy one for myself, not like it, and then sell it to you for $600
I charge a California resident tax.
>>
File: mccain_pareene.jpg (230KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
mccain_pareene.jpg
230KB, 750x500px
>>34244490
>>34245028
>>34245031
because Arizona is such a red state.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.